GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it MM has no access to any assets he built up over his life? Wouldn't he have needed $100K to make bail through a bond agency? Can't say I'd be sad if he's left penniless. Obviously he's got no one on his side - even Gypsy has dumped it. Since he'll be put away and has no money, I suspect it's for real this time as far as she's concerned.

Agree

So HAPPY Justice has been passed on to the slime killer. My ex-husband is a pathological liar and every time he lied to me the muscle in his cheek twitched. I saw that with the killer also. Knew he was guilty. May Michelle rest in peace now knowing her daughters fought to win justice.

So HAPPY Justice has been passed on to the slime killer. My ex-husband is a pathological liar and every time he lied to me the muscle in his cheek twitched. I saw that with the killer also. Knew he was guilty. May Michelle rest in peace now knowing her daughters fought to win justice.

Yes!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

So glad to see that justice prevailed. I was a little worried but the circumstantial evidence sealed his faith. I am so happy he got what he deserved.

Thinking about the calculator...
I think they were totaling up how much a divorce would cost him.
Michele knew he was commiting adultery.
Just think about it!
She would get the house and the kids, as well as child support and alimony.
Not to mention 1/2 his social security at some point in the future.

College tuituon for the children... health insurance for all of them.
He and Gypsy would be "poor".
Hopefully a few jurors will come forward and answer questions!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I think they were checking the ergonomics expert's calculations. To me he didn't seem very confident in what he said or with the questions he answered.

I really want to hear about their calculator request.

For the most part, I thought Spencer was effective counsel. MM has so much baggage that he had his work cut out for him, but I still think he represented his client well overall.

However, I thought his close was poor.

State had just laid out that their theory of the case was that MM drugged up Michele, accompanied her into the bathtub and "helped her out" by holding her head under the water.

Had I been Spencer, I would have asked the question, "If MM did that, why didn't he remove Michele's clothing? It doesn't make sense that he would leave her clothing on if he was trying to stage an accidental drowning."

WE know that MM initially wanted to pass off the death as heart failure and Michele fell into the tub, but that was not the crime that the Prosecution outlined in closing. I guess the reason Spencer didn't do that is because he was stuck with MM's account of how the body was found by Ada. An account every reasonable person knows to be false.

Another thing I wonder about is why were the pants removed and why did they have to disappear?

Anyone?

I just woke up, and saw the news. Thank you, jurors, so much! Prayers and blessings for the family. Finally, justice for Michele!

Grrr... I watched every moment of this trial. Unfortunately, I was having serious situation with insomnia that kept me up until 3 AM most days and needed toothpicks in my eyes to watch, only to be unable to fall asleep at night!

Soo... left my links to live feeds up and volume on super-high last night in case of a jury questions. Links closed out and I awoke, after 12 1/2 hours of solid sleep to DH telling me there was a guilty verdict!

Drats!

Thank you, my WS friends for posting so much that I could re-live the entire deliberations. I've finish this and the previous board and watched the videos and almost feel like I was there.

My heart is with the daughters, aunts, nieces, and all who loved Michele. They fought a fierce battle and have won. Kudos to the prosecution for their excellent closing arguments which made the pieces of the puzzle fall together and pointing out that the missing pieces were the ones MM took with him.

I am looking forward to hearing about his trial in December and watching his sentencing hearing in January. Since he's a repeat felon, I don't think he'll come anywhere near the minimum sentence of 15 years to life.

Justice has indeed been served here.

Soooooo, the jury asked to hear the 911 call, saying it was the last thing they needed to make their decision. Interesting....

They also asked about inheritance law.Does the husband automatically get everything, despite what her will may have said? Excellent question, but no answer was given. hmm. Wonder what they decided on that... looking forward to HLN coverage starting in 7 minutes ;)

BBM

Did the jury send out a question for real about the inheritance law? I didn't see any questions, cause I went to bed for awhile. Hopefully they will be filled in today and see that CFMM got rid of the all the smaller kids, stole Giselle's identity after shipping back to the Ukraine and stealing her identity for Gypsy and then trying to get GW's name on the family home. Then after it sold GW and MM they would collect all the money and move to Mexico, leaving his precious children with 4 quarters or 100 :twocents:

Where there anymore questions? TIA ~

BBM

Did the jury send out a question for real about the inheritance law? I didn't see any questions, cause I went to bed for awhile. Hopefully they will be filled in today and see that CFMM got rid of the all the smaller kids, stole Giselle's identity after shipping back to the Ukraine and stealing her identity for Gypsy and then trying to get GW's name on the family home. Then after it sold GW and MM they would collect all the money and move to Mexico, leaving his precious children with 4 quarters or 100 :twocents:

They wanted to hear the 911 call, the defense couldn't make a copy of it for some reason and they didn't want to send a court laptop back to the jury room and thinking about playing it in the closed courtroom, that's when I called it a night, I don't know how if there were more questions.

When the inheritance question was presented, I was reminded of attorney Susann Gustin's questions reminding Rachel about how it was MM who was financially generous to her because Michele didn't work. I suspect that came from Martin.

I think he felt entitled to everything because he was the one who "worked".

BBM

-----------
Hi Dmacky, there may have been one more. Wait til everyone wakes up LOL. We were with it til after 3am..of course my dog had to go and I MISSED the verdict being read and the look on his face.:floorlaugh: I'm going to WAT as I'm sure they will have a video. I have insomnia also, slept about two hours. I'm not really here yet. We were all getting giddy from lack of sleep. Judge seemed put out beause jury wouldnt go home about 1am. of course that is ET. Utah is 2hrs. behind us. Take care. Nore :seeya:

I can't help but wonder with this conviction, if MM will start talking about Gypsy's involvement. :waitasec: FGS he cried over her reading the love letters. He must be pissed that she had no real feelings for him, and has moved on.

-----------
Hi Dmacky, there may have been one more. Wait til everyone wakes up LOL. We were with it til after 3am..of course my dog had to go and I MISSED the verdict being read and the look on his face.:floorlaugh: I'm going to WAT as I'm sure they will have a video. I have insomnia also, slept about two hours. I'm not really here yet. We were all getting giddy from lack of sleep. Judge seemed put out beause jury wouldnt go home about 1am. of course that is ET. Utah is 2hrs. behind us. Take care. Nore :seeya:

Poor Judge, you could tell he was disappointed that the jury wanted to continue deliberations!

When the inheritance question was presented, I was reminded of attorney Susann Gustin's questions reminding Rachel about how it was MM who was financially generous to her because Michele didn't work. I suspect that came from Martin.

I think he felt entitled to everything because he was the one who "worked".

Oh he worked alright. THE SYSTEM that is. ONE HUNDREDTHOUSAND BUCKS a month coming in from veteran's pension up until 2010. That on top of earning a six figure salary from cheating to become a Doctor a Laywer and Indian Thief :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong