GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see her Facebook post .. she said the juror told 'Alexis' that he nods to everybody .. the jury whisperer strikes again! I wish she'd stop trying to do this, has anyone witnessed any of these 'readings' to be accurate yet?

Actually, I believe in the Arias trial she had pegged Juror 18 for what he was. She didn't say it out loud, but you could tell there was one juror she was unsure of.

Also I read on some blog somewhere, from a court observer in that trial, that Juror 18 kept nodding when ALV was talking about abuse as a child and how it manifests itself in adults (talking about Travis). So I'm pretty sure Jean would have eventually caught onto someone like that since the camera often caught her straining her neck trying to see and study the jurors' faces.

However, I have also caught her wrong on many occasions, so.......

Hey everyone. I'm fairly new to this thread--I mostly read and comment on the Arias thread. (I feel slightly scuzzy just typing her name!) I tried to not get pulled into this trial the way I was with the JA trial. But I wanted to join all of you in saying that I'm relieved this murdering sociopath finally gets to meet Lady Karma. And, yeah, I'm sure she can be a b----.

Glad you found your "w" key Becky !!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

This was a great trial to watch. I'm pleased with the verdict. I feel so badly for that family - they lost their Mom, Brother and their Dad. May God bless them.

It seems that very early on anyone responding to this scene and immediately after just assumed Martin was a doctor and he seemed to sort of direct the show...autopsy and boom done.No one wanted to question anything or give any info outside of what he told them. They just did not ask questions. I don't think Provo police really knew how to do a complete job and not just assume it had to be an accident.

I agree. I think a more extensive autopsy would have been done if the ME had been given any information that the death was suspicious. But from all accounts, this was a tragic accident. MM was putting on his show, the police weren't suspicious, even family members didn't express suspicion at that time. The autopsy was done within 24 hours of her death and I think even Alexis was probably in some state of denial that her father could have done this---I think she was still in shock over her mother's death and not thinking clearly. But in the days after, suspicions started to creep in and then the pieces of the puzzle started falling in place.

Actually, I believe in the Arias trial she had pegged Juror 18 for what he was. She didn't say it out loud, but you could tell there was one juror she was unsure of.

Also I read on some blog somewhere, from a court observer in that trial, that Juror 18 kept nodding when ALV was talking about abuse as a child and how it manifests itself in adults (talking about Travis). So I'm pretty sure Jean would have eventually caught onto someone like that since the camera often caught her straining her neck trying to see and study the jurors' faces.

However, I have also caught her wrong on many occasions, so.......

Actually, I believe the instance we are talking about is when she described the defiant heavy set woman with her arms crossed in front of her body...she said that the jurors had broke into camps and that this woman could be the hold out and cause of a hung jury..,,later after the verdict , this woman was one of the ones to be interviewed a lot....they were simply a group of smokers going for a smoke break....

I just wish she would let her guests talk, instead of always butting in. No one can finish a darn sentence.

They can't finish a sentence, we hear mostly NG opinions, are robbed of one of few chance to hear directly from prosecutors, and Alexis is asked yucky questions about GW....that's beyond insensitive. Turned it off after that.

Just saw the GW bit on Good Morning America.

Lol, she is distancing herself while covering her behind, and complying with the Offender Program to realize the harm her actions caused. Totally lawyer advised statement in that blurb.

I noticed the ABC site says the full interview with Dan Abrams will be on Nightline. I have no idea what that is, but will look it up later. Must come on when I am sleeping. Have to go to work now.

During the Inside Edition Gypsy says Martin lied about his occupation telling her he was a pharmacy rep. When did she find out he was a doctor?

Why would you believe a single thing she said? MM would never have pretended to be lesser than a doctor. Way way too arrogant for that!

Why would you believe a single thing she said? MM would never have pretended to be lesser than a doctor. Way way too arrogant for that!

You are SO right about that! He is a Doctor, a Lawyer and an Indian Cheif :giggle:

They can't finish a sentence, we hear mostly NG opinions, are robbed of one of few chance to hear directly from prosecutors, and Alexis is asked yucky questions about GW....that's beyond insensitive. Turned it off after that.

NG does this frequently but on last nights show it was way too obvious...she retells her story of the finance murder and then compares herself to Alexis and asks for a comment based on that. Sorry but that gets old...this is about Alexis and the attorneys. She had a great opportunity with all of them there and yet has to tell her story...something just was not right about that. She wasted time on that and could have done a much better interview just concentrating on her guests. With the exception of GW (who I don't want to see) I think after a day or two this will fade fast. I wish 20/20 would do a revisit of the story with some key players.

I can't bring myself to watch GW. I've seen all I want until I see her in handcuffs arrested for her next crime.

I'm not a fan of Nancy Grace and tho I was screaming at the TV for her to shut up and let the guests talk, I was pleased to see Alexis & the 3 attorneys looking so much more relaxed. Interesting that it was Pead who suggested that Perkins recount the 3 major lies in the rebuttal.

I too hope we get to see a group interview with the jurors. I think it will happen and I hope they get paid for it. As others have said, Greatest Jury Ever.

(I wish there was a way we could each contribute $10 or $20 to buy them all a steak dinner & a banana split.)

I was looking at Susanne Gustin's website listing all of her successful results getting criminals off. You know she took this case for the exposure and if she was a part of getting MM off that would be headlines on the website and the phones would be ringing off the hook with business...but...it really backfired and based on her courtroom performance on this one doubt any new customers. She may well be a good lawyer and of course we know this case was a tough one for both sides but with the prosecution not having the "science" on their side from initial reports it seems a more robust defense could have been mounted. MM seemed pleased with his counsel and smiled and thanked them...such a polite guy!!

Does anyone know why GW and MM were first incarcerated in Texas? Had they moved there, possibly on the run from Utah?

If I am reading this correctly, did Gypsy actually serve one year and nine months in prison?

Willis already served a 21-month sentence in a Texas federal prison for separate federal charges stemming from the ID theft and will serve her probation term in Utah.

http://martinmacneill.info/?tag=fraud

Here is a really good read ~ Snipped

We'd been living in fear of our father for so long. He'd threatened to destroy us for standing up to him. To finally get justice for our mom was overwhelming, Alexis Somers said following the sentence that was handed down in a Provo, Utah courtroom over the weekend.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

The person I knew as my father does not exist. This is a person I once loved, and who I wanted to be proud of me. But we uncovered who our dad really is: a murderer,' Somers told People Magazine.

To now be responsible for him having to spend the rest of his life behind bars, it's overwhelming to think about. But he's an evil man who's capable of doing so much damage.'

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20754509,00.html

Just watched the nightline clip....it always amazes me how these 'people' manage to look so good on tv....how is she supporting herself? It is clear she has not missed ANY meals,lol....oopsie...sorry but she is a big ole girl now. IMO.:blushing:

I just wish she would let her guests talk, instead of always butting in. No one can finish a darn sentence.

She started the hour off talking to Alexis asking how the verdict felt and then made it all about Nancy and her fiancé's murder. She cut off the prosecutors too. She doesn't seem to get it that when she has Alexis and the prosecution team on, no one is tuning in to hear her talk. She just reminded me why I can't watch her.

Does anyone know of a good site where attys' presentations are discussed post-verdict? Personally, I'm fascinated by the trial process itself. I'm thrilled that MM was found guilty, but I'd still like to hear a big picture analysis by attys and others.

For example, the defense clearly believed that indeterminate ME findings were sufficient to provide reasonable doubt. They appear to have been so invested in that belief that they all but passed on presenting a defense.

Was that a bad strategic decision by otherwise good attys? Or, an example of poor decisions by mediocre attys? Or, a reasonable strategy and belief, and the jury simply surprised everyone? What would other defense attys done differently?

That's what I'm looking for. Any suggestions where to find?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches