Kyron's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe LE ever found the landscaper credible. The guy came to them only AFTER Kyron disappeared which was many months after the so-called MFH offer was supposedly extended by Terri.

I believe LE lied about it to Kaine and Desiree in order to drive a wedge between Terri and Kaine/Desiree and it worked.

I haven't followed this case as closely as some of you and if LE has publicly cleared anybody as a suspect, I'd love to see a link.

JMO

OK but I don't really see the point... What do you think LE thought they would gain by driving a wedge using a fictional accusation against someone who is really thought to be innocent of the charge?

I think there already was a kind of wedge because of the alleged inconsistencies in Terri's story but as far as I can see the only thing that was achieved (if LE thought that Kaine and the child were in no real danger from Terri) was that both the family and the police lost any chance they had of getting useful information from Terri as she lawyered up to the teeth.

OK but I don't really see the point... What do you think LE thought they would gain by driving a wedge using a fictional accusation against someone who is really thought to be innocent of the charge?

I think there already was a kind of wedge because of the alleged inconsistencies in Terri's story but as far as I can see the only thing that was achieved (if LE thought that Kaine and the child were in no real danger from Terri) was that both the family and the police lost any chance they had of getting useful information from Terri as she lawyered up to the teeth.

BBM. I never said LE's tactic was a good one, I only pointed out that it was legal. Driving a wedge often results in one side pointing fingers at the other which is exactly what happened. Yet there must not be any solid evidence behind those pointed fingers that Terri was actually responsible for Kyron's disappearance. Terri may have a lawyer but she can still speak to LE and provide information if she has it.

JMO

She can but she won't. JMO.

Her lawyers are advising her against it and have fought tooth and nail against her having to provide any information whatsoever, even when the information she's asked for doesn't seem to have anything to do with Kyron. I wonder what, if anything, would change that.

She claims to know she was not the last to see Kyron but doesn't seem too forthcoming with the information even though it would seem to exonerate her rather than incriminate.

And he requested Terri Horman and her lawyers turn over any names, addresses or phone numbers of any people they contend "have knowledge that Terri Horman was not the last person to see Kyron Horman" before he disappeared, according to court records.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/10/attorneys_for_kaine_horman_and.html

Her lawyers are advising her against it and have fought tooth and nail against her having to provide any information whatsoever, even when the information she's asked for doesn't seem to have anything to do with Kyron. I wonder what, if anything, would change that.

She claims to know she was not the last to see Kyron but doesn't seem too forthcoming with the information even though it would seem to exonerate her rather than incriminate.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/10/attorneys_for_kaine_horman_and.html

imo, someone else was last seen with Kyron which the investigators know based on witness accounts, however they wont divulge this info publicy for whatever reason. i think they are trying to link this person to TMH which is prob why they are still asking her, again just speculation

imo, someone else was last seen with Kyron which the investigators know based on witness accounts, however they wont divulge this info publicy for whatever reason. i think they are trying to link this person to TMH which is prob why they are still asking her, again just speculation

I agree. They (LE) know who was last seen with Kyron. They need the link to TMH to charge her and they haven't found one. But they keep trying. JMO.

I agree. They (LE) know who was last seen with Kyron. They need the link to TMH to charge her and they haven't found one. But they keep trying. JMO.

Can you walk me through the logic of this, please? I'm not understanding the motive you're speculating about.

In this scenario LE knows the identity of the last person seen with Kyron, but rather than investigate them with the goal of finding Kyron, interview them, bring them in, ask the public for info about them, charge them, or even tell the parents of the missing child anything about them, they are instead choosing to hide the information and pretend to suspect Terri, even though they don't have enough hard evidence to secure her conviction?

And Terri - who in this scenario has left the school before Kyron vanished, and whose last view of Kyron was him walking alone down the hall - has somehow also discovered the "real kidnapper's" identity but even though her life/reputation/future is on the line, and her baby has been taken from her, she has still decided to keep the identity of this person a secret?

I'm not getting that scenario, to be honest.

I tend to disagree with you and Mollyandme, MissJ. I think Kaine is just saying "put up or shut up" about what he expects to be Terri's vague assertion about a shady chaperone or somebody at the school Terri will try to say saw Kyron last. I think Kaine is just trying to nip this in the bud. He knows that LE have interviewed heaps of people at the school that day and can't find anybody who saw him after he was last seen with Terri.

I really doubt that LE knows the identity of an individual was definitely last seen with Kyron outside the school. That would make their job a heck of a lot easier. I think a crucial uncertainty in LE's case involves the movements of the truck on the road, and service road, in front of the school. Remember, at some point a white truck was supposedly moved from where it was parked along the main road up the service road that runs along the recreational field next to the school. And they also asked for info about a person who may have been in or near the truck (Desiree has also talked about a suspicious man who was next to the truck). After that PC, info surfaced about a school landscaper who cut the field that morning, and he also had a white truck (pulling a trailer), and he drove up the service road. So all of this could produce a fog that LE has had a very tough time seeing through, and make it very difficult for them to feel confident about postulating how Kyron got out of the school to the truck - something that would be central at any trial.

I do not believe LE ever found the landscaper credible. The guy came to them only AFTER Kyron disappeared which was many months after the so-called MFH offer was supposedly extended by Terri.

I believe LE lied about it to Kaine and Desiree in order to drive a wedge between Terri and Kaine/Desiree and it worked.

I haven't followed this case as closely as some of you and if LE has publicly cleared anybody as a suspect, I'd love to see a link.

JMO

BBM I don't find that odd at all and I don't think LE lied about the MFH. Have we ever heard publicly from the landscaper relating in his own words the event of Terri asking him to kill Kaine? That conversation was most likely vague and the MFH something that Terri only implied, and he probably didn't put 2+2 together until after Kyron went missing. That sort of thing happens frequently, where someone has a piece of the puzzle that they don't even realize they have until much later.

My mind is very open to the possibility that a man that was there that day, like a janitor or someone who knew the layout of the school, took Kyron. However, and I know this doesn't prove murder, but something has bothered me about TH since she appeared "upset" next to KH in front of the cameras when Kyron went missing. The way she was clinging onto him for dear life and staring at the ground reminded me of someone who is very frightened, perhaps in disbelief of what occurred, someone afraid for herself. She didn't strike me as being concerned about Kyron....but I could be very wrong. For that reason, while I'm open to an abduction theory, I can't turn my mind from TH.

I doubt her attorney will turn over anything unless she receives something in return such as immunity.

JMO

If the MFH plot was made up by LE, then she doesn't need immunity from that.

And if she wasn't the last person to see Kyron alive, and had nothing to do with his disappearance, then what would she need immunity from with respect to that?

SMH

If TH is innocent and she has told LE all she knows - what more can she do? LE's actions with the whole murder for hire thing would send anyone running to a lawyer. Frankly, if I had a client who was innocent, but LE had made it clear was a suspect, I'd stonewall. Sometimes, in these types of cases, there's no way to clear yourself and move on.

It's also equally likely TH's attorneys have stonewalled investigators because she's guilty. However, I really can't fault her for not speaking to LE, considering the circumstances. I'm still on the fence with this one.

If the MFH plot was made up by LE, then she doesn't need immunity from that.

And if she wasn't the last person to see Kyron alive, and had nothing to do with his disappearance, then what would she need immunity from with respect to that?

SMH

She may have knowledge about what happened to Kyron and I believe her attorney would want immunity before sharing that information.

JMO

If TH is innocent and she has told LE all she knows - what more can she do? LE's actions with the whole murder for hire thing would send anyone running to a lawyer. Frankly, if I had a client who was innocent, but LE had made it clear was a suspect, I'd stonewall. Sometimes, in these types of cases, there's no way to clear yourself and move on.

It's also equally likely TH's attorneys have stonewalled investigators because she's guilty. However, I really can't fault her for not speaking to LE, considering the circumstances. I'm still on the fence with this one.

I absolutely agree with you. Especially in this case where it was a Judge who declared Terri a suspect, not police.

JMO

If she's innocent then why stonewall the police though? Why not prove your innocence? Desiree and Kaine are going through hell, and she's refusing to answer questions. As a mother how could she do that? Her actions (and lies) don't help her. If she wanted to prove herself innocent she could by co-operating with the police.

Can you walk me through the logic of this, please? I'm not understanding the motive you're speculating about.

In this scenario LE knows the identity of the last person seen with Kyron, but rather than investigate them with the goal of finding Kyron, interview them, bring them in, ask the public for info about them, charge them, or even tell the parents of the missing child anything about them, they are instead choosing to hide the information and pretend to suspect Terri, even though they don't have enough hard evidence to secure her conviction?

And Terri - who in this scenario has left the school before Kyron vanished, and whose last view of Kyron was him walking alone down the hall - has somehow also discovered the "real kidnapper's" identity but even though her life/reputation/future is on the line, and her baby has been taken from her, she has still decided to keep the identity of this person a secret?

My Opinion. We do not know who LE has investigated. I never mentioned kidnappers, real or otherwise. If LE could prove TMH was indeed the last person to see Kyron she would have been charged and arrested. I don't think anyone is keeping a secret.

My Opinion. We do not know who LE has investigated. I never mentioned kidnappers, real or otherwise. If LE could prove TMH was indeed the last person to see Kyron she would have been charged and arrested. I don't think anyone is keeping a secret.

It's not a crime to be the last person to see somebody. I don't think LE could charge and arrest Terri for that unless they could also prove that she did something to Kyron.

I keep going back to the fact that these things have allegedly, or have actually transpired:

TMH failed her poly
TMH was supposedly driving around to soothe her young daughter, but her phone was pinging near Sauvie Island. (Is that correct?)
TMH allegedly attempted to hire someone to off her husband.
TMH was sexting with an acquaintance of Kaine's, while everyone else was frantically searching for Kyron
TMH gave up custody of her daughter without a fight
TMH hasn't been talking, and hasn't been helping search for her step son (to my knowledge)

And the list goes on. Either this woman is evil incarnate, or she has the horrid misfortune of appearing so. If TMH was capable of a murder for hire plot against her husband, (alleged), then it's not too far a stretch to imagine her paying to have Kyron disposed of.

As Desiree, Kyron's heroic mother has said, ask Terri Moulton Horman where Kryon is!
And while you're at it, ask her sidekick DeDe Spicer too!

This posting is my opinion only, not fact based, pure speculation only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86