Kyron's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. And frankly, it has the opposite effect of garnering sympathy for Desiree in my mind. I know not everyone will agree with me here, but I don't think this helps or makes her look good.

I respectfully disagree. Desiree has always conducted herself with decorum, and I think most people have already made their minds up about both Desiree and TMH. Desiree didn't break any laws, she is a mother who wants to know what has happened to her son. If it was my child, gosh I don't know whether TMH would be walking still.

im sorry, i am well aware many will not agree with me about this, but i don't see what this is accomplishing? TMH, under the advise of her attorney, is clearly not going to talk at this point in time.

I agree. And frankly, it has the opposite effect of garnering sympathy for Desiree in my mind. I know not everyone will agree with me here, but I don't think this helps or makes her look good.

It makes her look like a mother who is not allowing the person she suspects of killing her child think they've gotten away with it. It makes her look like a mother who cares enough about her missing child to do anything in her power, no matter how small, to remind the public and the potential killer about the human child named Kyron.

I personally don't think she gives an eff if it makes her look "good" to some subset of the population that she's staking out the house of the number one suspect in the kidnap of her child. I can't really imagine the mindset of someone who would judge her for standing in front of the person suspected of killing her son and protesting. Sure, I guess she could hide at home but some mothers aren't made that way.

I agree with Kimster. If I thought someone murdered my child and they sat there fat and smug in their home with their freedom and secrets, I'd like to think I'd be strong enough to stand out there protesting, too.

I'm not saying what she did was illegal. But personally, I think she focuses too much on TH, rather than Kyron. Instead of protesting in front of her house, organize another search, put up more billboards, do more work looking for him, not harassing her. Either she did something to him and isn't going to talk, or she's innocent and Desiree is wasting her time.

There was an age progression done last year. Why isn't she out giving that photo to every single person she can think of? Half the time with these recent things against TH, there's not even a photo of Kyron shown by the media. I just think there are better avenues she could take.

She's been all over the news doing those things, too. She just did a search, remember? With more than a hundred volunteers? And publicized it? And as I see to recall, some were criticizing her for searching the woods as well, saying it "wasn't going to accomplish anything".

She was recently on a talk show to keep Kyron's name in the news. His age progressed picture was all over. His age progressed picture IS still all over. Most of the latest news articles do have his picture.

Why not google and see.

bbm

This is the problem. Were they to charge TMH, they would have to present a theory- a story- of what happened. They have no real story to present (maybe because TMH is not involved in Kyron's disappearance). IMO, they missed any opportunity to find out what happened because of their hyper-focus on
TMH. There were others that day with the opportunity to take him.

I very much agree with you. I pray they find little Kyron soon. It makes me very sad.

Let's consider this from a different angle. We know that TMH allegedly attempted a murder for hire plot against her husband by attempting to pay a landscaper to murder Kaine. (allegedly). Who would she know to hire to get rid of a little boy? Who would be evil enough to do so? I say look at her bodybuilding connections. I know lots of bodybuilders, and the vast majority are wonderful, disciplined people from all walks of life. That said, there is a small percentage who tend to walk on the fringe of legality with their various potions. There is a certain profile of people who fit in this category, and being an ex-con could fit with that. I would look to the bodybuilding connections she kept, or her shadier gym rat connections in general. Please note I emphasized the vast majority of serious gym folk are honest good people. Just a hunch.....

Let's consider this from a different angle. We know that TMH allegedly attempted a murder for hire plot against her husband by attempting to pay a landscaper to murder Kaine. (allegedly). Who would she know to hire to get rid of a little boy? Who would be evil enough to do so? I say look at her bodybuilding connections. I know lots of bodybuilders, and the vast majority are wonderful, disciplined people from all walks of life. That said, there is a small percentage who tend to walk on the fringe of legality with their various potions. There is a certain profile of people who fit in this category, and being an ex-con could fit with that. I would look to the bodybuilding connections she kept, or her shadier gym rat connections in general. Please note I emphasized the vast majority of serious gym folk are honest good people. Just a hunch.....

I don't agree, we know that law enforcement tried to set her up and she called 911, so you can't really allege anything of the sort. Then you speculate on that premiss that she would know someone else who would be willing to abduct or kill a child. Yes look at her body building connections, at her attempts to foil her husbands steroid abuse by reporting his supplier to police who coincidentally were also embroiled in the same steroid use. Your hunch is just another attempt to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Can't we just stick to the facts here and not get bogged down in the "I hate Terry Horman, so she must be guilty" morass.:banghead:

It makes her look like a mother who is not allowing the person she suspects of killing her child think they've gotten away with it. It makes her look like a mother who cares enough about her missing child to do anything in her power, no matter how small, to remind the public and the potential killer about the human child named Kyron.

I personally don't think she gives an eff if it makes her look "good" to some subset of the population that she's staking out the house of the number one suspect in the kidnap of her child. I can't really imagine the mindset of someone who would judge her for standing in front of the person suspected of killing her son and protesting. Sure, I guess she could hide at home but some mothers aren't made that way.

I agree with Kimster. If I thought someone murdered my child and they sat there fat and smug in their home with their freedom and secrets, I'd like to think I'd be strong enough to stand out there protesting, too.

It actually makes it look like a distressed mother of a MISSING child, harassing the only person she knows, who had access to Kyron. In the fervent hope it may lead to something.
Although TH is the only suspect that law enforcement has, they have yet to produce any evidence and have actively sought to entrap this person in a murder for hire scheme.
Knowing when they did so that TH had rebuffed the sexual advances of the landscaper and when finding out the timeline didn't mesh then bringing in her friends as accomplices. This wasn't a great day for Oregon's finest. Digging in this vast dung pile makes me very aware of the short comings of LE in this case.

I did not know that Kaine never waited at the bus stop before. Could you please cite that info. Thanks

At 3:30pm, Terri, her husband Kaine Horman, and their daughter, Kiara, walked to the school bus stop to meet Kyron. The school bus driver informed them that Kyron had not boarded the school bus after school. She asked the bus driver to call the school and ask where Kyron was. She was informed by the school secretary that Kyron hadn't been in school since early that day and had been marked absent. She reported to the secretary that she did not have Kyron and therefore he was missing. The secretary then called the 911 call center using a private phone number assigned to the Portland Public School district to report that Kyron was missing. The 911 call center then reported this information to the police.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Kyron_Horman"]Disappearance of Kyron Horman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

... Yes look at her body building connections, at her attempts to foil her husbands steroid abuse by reporting his supplier to police who coincidentally were also embroiled in the same steroid use.

... Knowing when they did so that TH had rebuffed the sexual advances of the landscaper and when finding out the timeline didn't mesh then bringing in her friends as accomplices.

... Per Kaine Horman who was there at the Bus stop waiting with Horman; which he NEVER did before....this was Out of the Ordinary for Kaine H. .

Snipped and BBM

Could both of you provide links to reports that support the assertions in bold, above? Remember, WS TOS allow discussion of mainstream media coverage, not unsubstantiated blogs and innuendo.

At 3:30pm, Terri, her husband Kaine Horman, and their daughter, Kiara, walked to the school bus stop to meet Kyron. The school bus driver informed them that Kyron had not boarded the school bus after school. She asked the bus driver to call the school and ask where Kyron was. She was informed by the school secretary that Kyron hadn't been in school since early that day and had been marked absent. She reported to the secretary that she did not have Kyron and therefore he was missing. The secretary then called the 911 call center using a private phone number assigned to the Portland Public School district to report that Kyron was missing. The 911 call center then reported this information to the police.

Disappearance of Kyron Horman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think we all know that he walked to the bus stop. What I do not know is that he had never done this before. That citation does not indicate that at all

I don't agree, we know that law enforcement tried to set her up and she called 911, so you can't really allege anything of the sort. Then you speculate on that premiss that she would know someone else who would be willing to abduct or kill a child. Yes look at her body building connections, at her attempts to foil her husbands steroid abuse by reporting his supplier to police who coincidentally were also embroiled in the same steroid use. Your hunch is just another attempt to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Can't we just stick to the facts here and not get bogged down in the "I hate Terry Horman, so she must be guilty" morass.:banghead:

It actually makes it look like a distressed mother of a MISSING child, harassing the only person she knows, who had access to Kyron. In the fervent hope it may lead to something.
Although TH is the only suspect that law enforcement has, they have yet to produce any evidence and have actively sought to entrap this person in a murder for hire scheme.
Knowing when they did so that TH had rebuffed the sexual advances of the landscaper and when finding out the timeline didn't mesh then bringing in her friends as accomplices. This wasn't a great day for Oregon's finest. Digging in this vast dung pile makes me very aware of the short comings of LE in this case.

Stick to the facts? Can you supply links to what you wrote (green italic), or is this speculation on YOUR part?

Can someone explain to me how the GJ works in this case? There is a GJ going on right now, right? How often are they meeting? When did it begin? When are they expected to make a decision? Does Oregon have very secretive GJ laws?

This is very different from how it was in JonBenet's case. In her case, there were regular updates about the GJ. The media told the public when the GJ convened, that they met once a week, their names, ages, and backgrounds, every witness that testified in front of them, etc. For nine months, we were told that the GJ was investigating the case, and was expected to come out with a decision soon. But in Kyron's case, we never hear anything except when Terri and Dede testified. We never hear anything about the GJ having to make a decision on the case. I read that Colorado has some of the most secretive GJ laws....yet Oregon seems to be 100x more private.

The grand jury n my state, not Oregon, is completely secret. The jurors are not allowed to say one word.

What i do not understand is the situation where the jurors must change? Or are they there for years?

The grand jury n my state, not Oregon, is completely secret. The jurors are not allowed to say one word.

What i do not understand is the situation where the jurors must change? Or are they there for years?

Most grand juries are super, super secret. The scenario described in Colorado is something I've never heard of before. There's been a lot of discussion about tje process in OR in these threads but I don't know where to find it! But I recall they have sessions.

Most grand juries are super, super secret. The scenario described in Colorado is something I've never heard of before. There's been a lot of discussion about tje process in OR in these threads but I don't know where to find it! But I recall they have sessions.

I am guessing the info released about the GJ in the Ramsey case is not the norm.

Here's a website with a summary of the GJ activity almost everyday they met:

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/6502/primer2/primer8_gjtl.html

Here's a page with the pictures of the GJs, their ages, jobs, towns they live in, etc: http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/6502/primer2/primer7_ham.html

Too bad we don't have this much info in Kyron's case. Even some sort of timeline of when they could make a decision would be nice.

Also, how common is it for a GJ to meet for months about one case? More specifically, a murder case?

Let's go over the WS rules of this case again:

1) Terri Horman is considered a Person of Interest. No one else it at all. Feel free to discuss why you think she should or shouldn't be a POI all you want, as long as you are respectful to others.

2) Kyron's family are all considered victims. You can question actions, but you cannot attack them or start a discussion about how you feel they had something to do with Kyron going missing. If you feel that way, keep it in your back pocket and don't post it on Websleuths.

3) Facts require links. Period. It doesn't matter how "everyone should know this already" - we have new people looking into Kyron's case every day. They don't know.

I've unapproved about 13 posts. If I see any reposted, that member will get a time out.

:tyou:

Obviously I don't know much about GJ's in Oregon but what could they be doing for this extended period of time? I know they have questioned people but do they still meet? Have they come to a decision? Or will we ever know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong