GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that a teenage girl would make plans to take off without telling at least one other person.

Hopefully, Abby ran away and is safe. If not, and assuming she is still alive, I think, statistically, human (sex) trafficking is a likely scenario (rather than perp). It's a hot topic in NH. Latinas are targeted. These rings move in and out of towns to avoid detection. Abby disappeared after a busy holiday weekend.

Organized crime groups do domestic kidnappings for this purpose. http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=5326721

Violence, fear, Stockholm Syndrome, shame, "learned helplessness", drugs, and a history of previous physical or sexual abuse play a role in why it's so difficult for kids/young women to escape.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/p...arch_2011/human_sex_trafficking#disablemobile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have NO EVIDENCE/FACTS to support the sex trafficking theory. If there is no info pointing in any particular direction in this case, why not brainstorm? It may help provide an investigative direction here. I hope the family is looking into hiring a PI and raising money to increase the reward fund. This particular avenue would require undercover work, IMO.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20131204-NEWS-131209898

Police Capt. Frank Warchol said investigators are certain the body is not Marriott or Abigail Hernandez, the 15-year-old girl who has not been seen since she left her North Conway school on the afternoon of Oct. 9.

I just wanted to Thank all of you for reading everything you could find this morning and posting this. I had a very heavy heart last night when I read that a body was found. THANK GOD it was not AH! I do however feel sad because its another person found in New England that lost their life. Now I'm wondering who this person is.

I have no idea where Abby cleaned on Mondays. That info has not been released. Apparently, at one point in time (not sure if this is still the case), one of Abby's Facebook friends was a Latina woman who worked at a local hotel. IF Abby cleaned at a hotel on Monday, I think that may lend credibility to the sex trafficking theory.

I have NO EVIDENCE/FACTS to support the sex trafficking theory. If there is no info pointing in any particular direction in this case, why not brainstorm? It may help provide an investigative direction here. I hope the family is looking into hiring a PI and raising money to increase the reward fund. This particular avenue would require undercover work, IMO.

Did a little googling based on your theory...I guess I tend to assume (probably falsely) that majority of these victims are recent US immigrants.
http://www.providencejournal.com/br...ex-trafficking-in-case-of-runaway-girl-14.ece

Sorry if this has already been answered. I'm behind on this thread again :( life keeps happening. Ugh!

I tried this. I let my iPhone 4S battery die. Actually it was dead for over 24 hrs. The search began, I couldn't find it anywhere. I did the 'find my phone' from my iPad and yes! It did find my dead cell phone. I'm not super tetchy with phone pings, etc. but I would surmise that the phone will still ping with a dead battery. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

I used the Find my iphone icloud app when I lost my phone and all I got was that the phone was offline and it has never found my phone. I assume it is sitting in a pawn shop or was sold on Craigslist. :(

JCjr's mom also has a cleaning business, I would wager that it is more likely she helped her for some cash. I don't know employment laws in NH, but she might not have been old enough to legally work yet at age 14.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I never see anything on our local news here in New Hampshire about any sex rings. I would think it would of been on the local news.

This case seems to be at a dead standstill. If there are any ongoing searches up in the Conway area they are not highly visible. Police presence is all but gone.

Did a little googling based on your theory...I guess I tend to assume (probably falsely) that majority of these victims are recent US immigrants.
http://www.providencejournal.com/br...ex-trafficking-in-case-of-runaway-girl-14.ece

I think the majority are/were from other countries, but the state department is onto most of the possible schemes to bring these girls in on visas and making it much harder to get visas for girls in the normally targeted countries. Even work-and-travel visas for international "students" are limited and scrutinized closely these days.

I read that article. Thank you Rose. But as I said I have never heard this before. I still believe Abby took a ride from someone she knew.

The article in the Union Leader was part of a series about crime increasing in the border towns of NH from criminals coming from Boston and NYC. They sell designer knock offs at Flea Markets and are also involved in prostitution. The FBI raided a number of markets over the summer and shut them down, but they keep moving to different ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288