Did a Serial Killer/Pedophile Hit 32 Years Later?

I have been wondering about this also... 32 years is a long time in between S and Kyron... however, what if the perp moved to another area? Re-located for a job or ?? and now is back in OR or WA?
Or, what if the perp has been committing other crimes that don't necessarily appear connected?
There are cases, some older, some newer that bear some resemblance- all pretty much along the 1-5 corridor:

Bryce Herda
Missing from Neah Bay, WA
Date Missing: 4-09-95
Date of Birth: 7-24-88
Height: 4'0"
Weight: 60 lbs.
(NCMEC)

Richard Haynes Nickname: “Cody”
Date Missing: 9/12/04
Missing from: Kittitas, WA
DOB: 4/16/93
Age at Disappearance: 11 year
(Although there is suspicion that the family may have been involved due to past history of CPS involvement- what if Richard took off from home - after a fight, or whatever- and was picked up by a "helpful" stranger??)
(Charley Project)

Deborah Palmer:
http://www.seattlepi.com/sound/416454_sound87169102.html

And, what about Hasanni Campbell and Lindsey Baum?

I have been wondering about this also... 32 years is a long time in between S and Kyron... however, what if the perp moved to another area? Re-located for a job or ?? and now is back in OR or WA?
Or, what if the perp has been committing other crimes that don't necessarily appear connected?
There are cases, some older, some newer that bear some resemblance- all pretty much along the 1-5 corridor:

Bryce Herda
Missing from Neah Bay, WA
Date Missing: 4-09-95
Date of Birth: 7-24-88
Height: 4'0"
Weight: 60 lbs.
(NCMEC)

Richard Haynes Nickname: “Cody”
Date Missing: 9/12/04
Missing from: Kittitas, WA
DOB: 4/16/93
Age at Disappearance: 11 year
(Although there is suspicion that the family may have been involved due to past history of CPS involvement- what if Richard took off from home - after a fight, or whatever- and was picked up by a "helpful" stranger??)
(Charley Project)

Deborah Palmer:
http://www.seattlepi.com/sound/416454_sound87169102.html

And, what about Hasanni Campbell and Lindsey Baum?

BBM-
or he was incarcerated for other crimes and was released.
Wasn't the creep who kidnapped the Groenes connected to kidnapping/murder in California? I think it is entirely possible/likely that the person responsible for Kyron"s disappearance has done this before.

Now this is sleuthing! amazing work guys...... I personally feel like this kind of comparison is very helpful and gets us all thinking.

Walter Ackerson was never found either.
http://www.oregon.gov/OSP/MCC/ackerson_walter.shtml
Walter Ackerson was 16 years old when last seen by three male friends who were with him at Nye Beach in Newport, Oregon. He has crooked teeth with gaps between them. He is now 35 years old. The Lincoln County Sheriff's Office is investigating.

Walter Ackerson has beed found deceased. RIP Walter.

http://www.kgw.com/news/OR-family-horrified-over-how-son-died-97868369.html#comments

TENINO, Wash. - For 20 years, Karen Hull had nightmares about what happened to her 16-year-old son who disappeared in 1990.
What really happened to Walter Ackerson was worse than she ever imagined. Police told Hull her son was beaten up and thrown off a bridge in Newport, Ore.

If it turns out that Kyron was taken by anyone outside of his immediate circle, someone should be in trouble for allowing the school to re-open the following school day and for all of the assurances to the community...that Kyron and only Kyron was the target, IMO.

Walter Ackerson has beed found deceased. RIP Walter.

http://www.kgw.com/news/OR-family-horrified-over-how-son-died-97868369.html#comments

TENINO, Wash. - For 20 years, Karen Hull had nightmares about what happened to her 16-year-old son who disappeared in 1990.
What really happened to Walter Ackerson was worse than she ever imagined. Police told Hull her son was beaten up and thrown off a bridge in Newport, Ore.

Poor Walter. But I'm glad it's been figured out.

I'm so sorry that Walter met a violent end. How sad. I am glad his mother and brothers can at least know what happened to him. But how disturbing is it that two of the people who had a hand in his death - or at least in covering it up for 20 years - are just walking free in the streets? The suffering they've caused for the last 20 years ... there is no justice for that!

Walter Ackerson was never found either.
http://www.oregon.gov/OSP/MCC/ackerson_walter.shtml
Walter Ackerson was 16 years old when last seen by three male friends who were with him at Nye Beach in Newport, Oregon. He has crooked teeth with gaps between them. He is now 35 years old. The Lincoln County Sheriff's Office is investigating.

That one was solved recently:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ibFUWVWvhe2c0_-ghbUbwSzKPBCwD9GOHC100

In short, he went to the beach with three friends, got into a disagreement with one of them who beat him to death, then all three boys dropped him off a bridge into the ocean.

Charges are pending.

Very sad case.

ETA: Oops, I see that you already posted the followup, Patience.

If it turns out that Kyron was taken by anyone outside of his immediate circle, someone should be in trouble for allowing the school to re-open the following school day and for all of the assurances to the community...that Kyron and only Kyron was the target, IMO.

BBM

I agree that if Kyron was taken by a non-family member, the assurances that Kyron was the only target were wrong. However, LE does have a long and troubled history of making such assurances in error. Such a long record, in fact, that I take such assurances with a tablespoon of salt.

Such statements seem somewhat akin to the Reagan-era statement that "So-and-so has our full support." As soon as you heard that in the media, you knew the resignation was no more than three days away.

As for the school opening as usual on the following Monday, I cannot agree. That school had extra personnel on hand, they were under vastly increased LE observation and there were several hundred LE officers in the immediate area looking for the slightest signs of trouble. That school was probably the safest school in the US for the remaining two weeks of the school year.

Locking the barn door after the horse is stolen does serve to protect the other horses in the stable.

IIRC, the Grim Sleeper took a break of about a decade. His first victim was in the 80s, not the 70s. But California has a lot of serial killers.

I just this afternoon got a news alert on my email saying that this person has been arrested.

could this case have influenced thoughts and ideas with the perp of the current case?

Here's an interesting coincidence. 32 years ago TH was approximately the same age as this little girl that went missing and Kyron's age. Did TH grow up in the area? (Hope it's ok to ask that) If so, she likely heard a lot about this case as a child around the same age in the same state.

Israel Keyes was in the Midwest US/and Western US from 05/19/2010 to 07/18/2010.

could this case have influenced thoughts and ideas with the perp of the current case?

Not to me...bc IMO nothing can explain Terri's silence except for guilt. The hateful email letters that haven't been released to the public yet, along with the other evidence le has to keep close to their vests, will be brought out when the time is right for the prosecution. There's a reason a civil no contact order was just placed on her to stay away from Kane & Kiara, one in which would never fly unless evidence was concrete for her being suspect.

My child is in K this year so it's my first time being so involved with the school and students. I volunteer in the classroom several times a week and have come to know the students quite well in the last 2 months. Some of these kids home lives are heartbreaking, I'm not talking about just the homes with neglect and abuse but seeing how parents hook ups and split ups affect the children is so sad.

I wonder if police watched to see if any other students moved shortly after Kyron disappeared. It'd be all too easy for an involved parent to feel like they were saving Kyron.

I also wonder if police looked into the parents and grandparents of all of the students. If Grandpa Creepy ate lunch with his grandson every week or helped out in class or picked up his grandson from school that person would be familiar with Kyron and would have very little trouble convincing him to walk out of the school with him.

Since helping at the school I've had multiple conversations with my child about stranger danger and leaving the school with anyone other than me. I'm certain I could get a majority of the kids in class to leave the school and get in my car without much prodding. There are even a handful of older kids that walk by as we are leaving whom I'm certain would take me up on an offer of a ride home.

My child is in K this year so it's my first time being so involved with the school and students. I volunteer in the classroom several times a week and have come to know the students quite well in the last 2 months. Some of these kids home lives are heartbreaking, I'm not talking about just the homes with neglect and abuse but seeing how parents hook ups and split ups affect the children is so sad.

I wonder if police watched to see if any other students moved shortly after Kyron disappeared. It'd be all too easy for an involved parent to feel like they were saving Kyron.

I also wonder if police looked into the parents and grandparents of all of the students. If Grandpa Creepy ate lunch with his grandson every week or helped out in class or picked up his grandson from school that person would be familiar with Kyron and would have very little trouble convincing him to walk out of the school with him.

Since helping at the school I've had multiple conversations with my child about stranger danger and leaving the school with anyone other than me. I'm certain I could get a majority of the kids in class to leave the school and get in my car without much prodding. There are even a handful of older kids that walk by as we are leaving whom I'm certain would take me up on an offer of a ride home.

Interesting Iamnotagolem, I often wondered about the father of Kyron's best friend. That boy lived with his grandma in the house next to Kyron's and the dad lived in a house on Sauvie Island. I think he moved down to Cali after Kyron went missing. TH was supposedly seen on SI the morning Kyron disappeared. I often wondered if there was a connection between these two people. Does anyone here know anything about this man? MOO

There are plenty of old geezer pedophiles and children are abducted from and molested in all locations, even inside department stores. It wouldn't be too hard to imagine one getting into a school and abducting a child, but how would an older abductor case out Kyron and then decide to get him at school. It would almost have to be a relative of a school worker or student and one who'd have to be waiting right outside Kyron's hallway just hoping a child would wander down the hall all alone since SM saw him going towards his classroom.

Unlikely that a stranger abducted him in the few seconds it would have taken for Terri to walk away if indeed he was just a few steps away from his classroom. What are the odds of that? What are the odds of an angry, nasty, spiteful, vengeful, stepmonster on the verge of divorce getting back at her husband for sending her son away? According to her fitness friends she resented Kaine and Kyron. She was very angry! Hum...She has motive.Her texts and history speak to her character. Her timeline is hinky, as is her BFF's timeline ect. Where she parked at the school is odd considering everything she had to hall in. I could go on and on. The only thing LE needs is a confession, or witness and a body. I doubt it will happen unless they can turn DS. So what are the odds someone else abducted him?

Unlikely that a stranger abducted him in the few seconds it would have taken for Terri to walk away if indeed he was just a few steps away from his classroom. What are the odds of that? What are the odds of an angry, nasty, spiteful, vengeful, stepmonster on the verge of divorce getting back at her husband for sending her son away? According to her fitness friends she resented Kaine and Kyron. She was very angry! Hum...She has motive.Her texts and history speak to her character. Her timeline is hinky, as is her BFF's timeline ect. Where she parked at the school is odd considering everything she had to hall in. I could go on and on. The only thing LE needs is a confession, or witness and a body. I doubt it will happen unless they can turn DS. So what are the odds someone else abducted him?
LE was seeking witnesses who may have seen the truck parked on the south side of the school parking lot between 8:15 and 8:45. LE have stated that witnesses have placed the truck in two different spots. She parked near the entrance, so not hard to get things and kids in the school. She parked on the access road, after leaving the school and had Kyron go out the back door, down the stairs and meet her at the truck. IMO.

There was a report at the time that someone saw Kyron being led away by a man and getting into a truck with him. I believe it was a child who reported it.

There was a report at the time that someone saw Kyron being led away by a man and getting into a truck with him. I believe it was a child who reported it.

This is not true. There was no man. One of Kyron's classmates thought he saw Kyron and his classmates interact with a science fair guide but that did not happen on the day Kyron went missing. The science fair was the day before, and the child was confused about that. LE did investigate the child's claim.

Desiree Young says that a witness or witnesses saw Kyron leaving the school with Terri on the actual day he went missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back