AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeeingForThe1stTime- this is fairly typical of the "Daily Fail", it is a joke in the UK, don't worry, they turn on everyone, from every where. It does not have a lot of credibility to say the least!

Although I do think Wendy probably knows what has happened to Brittney, and maybe Chessie doesn't, the whole outraged innocence that Chessie is assuming is revolting, and makes me feel sick. Apart from the charges that she is facing, and compelling evidence of her woeful mothering of her eldest three children at least, she was at Wendy's court appearance, Mendy was at the memorial rock unveiling, ah, it seems that again and again she failed Brittney. (In the unlikely event that she took some responsibility and said "this won't happen with my two little children, I'm going to protect them with my very life" I would cheer. Loudly)

I know it's a slippery slope to judge other parents, but it seems that if Brittney had better mothering, she would be safe now. I wish Chessie would shut up, and take some responsibility.

BBM - Seriously, would you allow someone (Mendy) who abused your older children to be at their vigil holding your younger child? Hell no! Would you go to a hearing to support the sister (Wendy) you believe may have played a role in your daughters murder? Hell no! Where is Chessie's husband? He must feel the same way having allowed these monsters to be around his children. The only outrage we have seen from him is when Chessie was charged. What about all the times his young children were around these rapists before and after they were charged? It makes me question why we have not seen rage. In my opinion, either Chessie doesn't believe the charges against her family are true or she is just as guilty. Her rage comes a little too late, at least in my opinion.

Thud. :)
I was just working on a post of Chessie classics, but am now distracted and maid mode calls. I'm sure #Alabama on Twitter will be popping.

@KeyboardCat, I do the same thing! After reading your post about the tree resembling an arrow above the "Trust 'in'.." I immediately thought "Yeah! = Tree/WOOD" lol This is my first post as I've only recently joined the WS community- I hope I am replying/posting correctly! I live in North Alabama and my parents lived in Fairhope for a few years so I am semi-familiar with the general vicinity of this HORRENDOUS & TRAGIC case. I'm disgusted with the fact that both Brittney and Tabitha Franklin's (another "missing" mother from Cullman, Alabama) disappearances were not properly handled by LE to begin with nor have our local media outlets covered much- if anything- about these women having gone "missing" to begin with.

That's Wendy's picture instead of Mendy's for today's Daily Fail.

Haha! You're right, that is Wendy.... It does suck for McCarron though, if that dirtball were my uncle I wouldn't want that connection known publicly.

It'd be nice if Dustin would take this opportunity to be a hero and tell where Brittney might be. But likely he will not and just continue with his shameful existence.

I really hope that Brittany is alive somewhere, maybe in protective custody helping the police build their case. I know that at this point it's unlikely but I can't bare the thought that she's been dead all along :( There's just something about this case that's getting to me...

I wonder who provided the picture of the football player and his perp uncle to the Daily Mail?

Quester, love the angry birds pictures. :floorlaugh:

Whoah. Just clicked on this page to see if there was any news, and I met that pic of the garden right at the top. Scrolling down quickly to get away, a great big bird got me halfway down.

I don't know if I dare click on the article.

Ohhhh I wonder which one of them sold these things out to the magazine then. It's easy to assume it would be Dustin/Mendy but why would Dustin risk his assumed financial/attorney assistance? It could be any of the other relatives with access to these items.

MOO
There has been an ongoing campaign for a year and a half to destroy the life and future of AJ McCarron - who has nothing to do with Britt's disappearance or the horrendous crimes committed against the child victims.
There has been an "all out" Twitter campaign over the last several days to the Heisman voters in an attempt to destroy his chances of winning - just because he has an uncle who is a sick freak.
Slandering AJ and the University of Alabama has ZERO to do with finding Britt or justice for the victims.

The pictures were not sold. They were shared in an attempt to destroy a young man's career.

If the person who campaigned so furiously to destroy AJ had put some of that effort into finding Britt and/or seeking justice for the victims, we might have a hero.

I guess that team can afford expert PR advice, but I have to say that from moment I realized this was the equivalent of one of our Brit big football players, I was dumbfounded at the approach.

I don't even understand how any PR professional could have hoped the family connection would not surface publically. How much better it would have been if the young player and his family or their spokesperson had spoken up for his missing cousin early on, and aligned themselves on the side of one who so needed help. If the family link had been dealt with head on from the start, there would be no story now.

The way this has been handled was just a disaster waiting to happen, imo.

First post, but longtime lurker. I really appreciate the exchange of information that members post. Unfortunately, I know first hand the feeling and despair of having a loved one missing. My sister was missing for five days. She went into an insulin reaction and ran off the road into a tree off a country road. She had died by the time we found her. Bad as that was, we did have closure and my heart goes out to families who do not.

I think the photos the Daily Mail used were once of the uncles fb page. I have read about both of these photos before they were published today. Maybe someone downloaded the photos and gave DMail access or sold. I don't think it was a family member.

I have read everything I could find about this case over the web and two things stand out.

1 - Butch Morgan, the truck driver --His wife posted on May 30, 2012 that he quit his job and wouldn't get out of bed. I don't think he went back to work until September. Sounds like to me someone was involved in something that literally caused him to 'go to the mattresses.' The last ping on Brittney's phone was at a truck stop. Did Butch dispose of the body? Could it be somewhere in upper Alabama or Tennessee?

2 - I think Brittney and her brother knew others were abused. A friend of theirs posted on FB that they saved her from possibly being a victim. They were with DH and Brittney and Derek told her to refuse DH if he offered her (the friend) a pill. Sure enough DH offered her one and she refused. They knew DH drugged girls.

I guess that team can afford expert PR advice, but I have to say that from moment I realized this was the equivalent of one of our Brit big football players, I was dumbfounded at the approach.

I don't even understand how any PR professional could have hoped the family connection would not surface publically. How much better it would have been if the young player and his family or their spokesperson had spoken up for his missing cousin early on, and aligned themselves on the side of one who so needed help. If the family link had been dealt with head on from the start, there would be no story now.

The way this has been handled was just a disaster waiting to happen, imo.

Zwiebel ~
Do you have a link to support your accusations that the 'team' is in anyway involved in a cover up regarding this?
If not, you guys really need to be very careful insinuating their involvement.

Welcome, Percyfaith! I know it's confusing with all the names, but I think you mean Donny, not Danny?

Zwiebel ~
Do you have a link to support your accusations that the 'team' is in anyway involved in a cover up regarding this?
If not, you guys really need to be very careful insinuating their involvement.

Not a cover up, and certainly not any cover up of a crime.

Just a complete failure to acknowledge or handle the publicity slowly building about their family members. It is true I do not know if the footballers family had access to a PR professional, but I would have thought there was someone available to give professional advice.

It is that professional's approach I just can't understand, if there was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee