Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me too. I heard about it when it first happened but I didn't know about this site back then. It's hard to play catch up. Hopefully someone can swing by and address your questions more. I know just as much as you!

I remember also reading something on here to do with one of the girls asking BD to describe what she's wearing and how she could have "lured" her into a situation with this as its consequence?
IMO I think it's very plausible, if I thought someone was wearing my top I and I wanted it back I would just ask "are you wearing my [description of]top?"

And then I read something about her biological father being (JK) and how he suddenly appeared in her life before she disappeared

I know the odds are against this
But I strongly believe she is out there alive. There are many disappearances/missing persons on Earth that are being held captive RIGHT THIS MOMENT. We only hear of the ones that are either successful (they escape/are found) or are dead (remains of body etc).
Also if she were to be dead they would have found SOMETHING belonging to her after all this time! 5 years it's been (almost 6 am I correct?)
Such as her phone or SOMETHING!! Because I am pretty sure BD would put up a fight and during that process something on her (like an item of clothing) would have been found by now.

I STRONGLY believe it was RM who took her and CS
- The whole checking into that appartment or whatever the day before/on the day of BD's dissappearance
- Her last phone ping 8 miles from where he was staying
- His speeding ticket on the night
He's already got a past of kidnappings etc and who is not to say he's only interested in kidnapping little girls, he may have felt that teens are as vulnerablke, maybe he was staying "safe" in his past by abducting little helpless girls. But now he's "experienced" he may have decided to move onto teens?

Argh IDK I really do have this gut feeling though that she's still alive and just waiting for a chance or for us to help her escape!/find her!

I think I am just blabbing on here and probably things that have already been mentioned and I may be incorrect in what I am saying as I am pretty sure you all know much more than I do having been on this thread for longer than me.

I know some people came up with the theory that she ran away and some think that she may have taken her own life. But I doubt that because wasn't she telling JG she cvouldn't wait to get home and leave MB?

I know some people came up with the theory that she ran away and some think that she may have taken her own life. But I doubt that because wasn't she telling JG she cvouldn't wait to get home and leave MB?

For what it's worth, I don't think she took her own life.

With what you said above - being held captive - I think that could be a major possibility. She's cute and petite and was down there to have a good time. When you're young and on vacation you feel invincible. Heck, I still feel more "free spirited" when on that "vacation high." I think she could've easily been lured or too trusting and then stolen and stowed away.

For what it's worth, I don't think she took her own life.

With what you said above - being held captive - I think that could be a major possibility. She's cute and petite and was down there to have a good time. When you're young and on vacation you feel invincible. Heck, I still feel more "free spirited" when on that "vacation high." I think she could've easily been lured or too trusting and then stolen and stowed away.

Me too.
Hmmm well I think she's not THAT naive though... I didn't see that video of her in the hotel room of some guy (if anyone can send me a link to that footage I'd like to see it) but he was a guy around her age range and the ages of the "friends" she was with on that holiday, I assume thats why she felt comfortable asking him to walk with her etc while those people were shouting abuse at her. But I don't think she'd get into a vehicle willingly with a stranger for some reason I cant imagine that and if it were RM I doubt she would have accepted a ride from a man significantly older. But then again it's possible as apparently there's loads of people there who would hear and see what would have happened so she couldn't have forcefully been taken.... maybe she felt after being in one strangers hotel room she could be in another strangers car and nothing happen to her :sigh: I really hope the LE know more than they're letting on as I remember when people online (including the LE) were at one point saying they were on the verge of a breakthrough, 3 years later and it's at a stand still....

Also apparently there had been attempted kidnappings in MB prior to BD's disappearance? Did they look into that?
Did they thoroughly investigate RM? After he was connected to CS case too...? Maybe they've hired a PI? Maybe they're following POI's moves etc?

Man they should have more CCTV cameras around. I really feel like the more hours, the more days months and years go by, the less likely it is that BD is found alive... and maybe the less we know (the public) the less the perpetrator knows and therefore the higher the chances for BD to be alive as there'd be no need to go to the extreme of taking her life, y'know what I mean?:sigh:

This case has bothered me since day 1 as she was the same age as my daughter was when she went missing and because they look so much alike. I hate it that they have seemed to gone no where with this. I do feel something bad happened to her and I still have suspicions about the guy in the hotel room with all his oddities etc. I think if she were still alive she would have done something to make her where abouts known by now. I don't feel she is being held hostage but I do hope that she is alive as that would be great, but I fear she isn't. I feel so badly for her family, the not knowing has to be the worse thing in the world. I do feel she was picked up/given a ride and it went bad from there. There is a murderer running free and they need to find him.

Only those truly innocent would sue her for that. They would have to prove that what she says is not true.... to do that they would have to testify to what they actually know. Since they won't even speak to her mother or answer questions (since their initial interview with police) I doubt this will happen. JMHO

Aggravating, disappointing, frustrating.

This case has bothered me since day 1 as she was the same age as my daughter was when she went missing and because they look so much alike. I hate it that they have seemed to gone no where with this. I do feel something bad happened to her and I still have suspicions about the guy in the hotel room with all his oddities etc. I think if she were still alive she would have done something to make her where abouts known by now. I don't feel she is being held hostage but I do hope that she is alive as that would be great, but I fear she isn't. I feel so badly for her family, the not knowing has to be the worse thing in the world. I do feel she was picked up/given a ride and it went bad from there. There is a murderer running free and they need to find him.

I agree regarding that guy in the hotel room
Regarding her being alive and making her whereabouts known, we don't know the situation, she could have easily been drugged when in the hands of the perpetrator... how could she do anything during that time? Even without being drugged its hard to once you're held somewhere against your will.
She was very young (my age) and tbh I'd be TERRIFIED, too scared to try and leave when I know said perp is around I'd only make a move if I knew I could do it successfully, or try to gain said perp's trust if I were still alive. It's happened before quite a few times where the perp trusts their victim and then an escape happens.
I understand though there's that lingering thought that she's no longer living, but there's many cases of victims being held against their will for 10+ years and then being found. I am pretty sure there's loads of people out there who are being held against their will and just haven't managed to escape and are disappeared and are presumed dead. It's pretty hard to escape if the perp planned and did all things they'd need to do in order to make their abduction successful and have no traces or signs that they're the perp? Also the reason people abduct others is for their personal gain, there's less of a chance of them being caught if they just kidnap someone and do what they want with them, but to kidnap then do what they want then to kill and to repeat this cycle is more of a serial killer scenario not the reason people are abducted, they're usually just kept there until the perp has had enough probably maybe this relates to CS? Maybe she died and RM went and snatched BD? Just a thought! I am just going off o a tangent here but I think there's a big chance she's still alive and I am 100% sure there are people out there who know and have seen something that they should have shared a looooong time ago.

Anyone else thinking along the same lines as me? I really believe she's out there...

Anyone else thinking along the same lines as me? I really believe she's out there...

It's possible. She's a very pretty girl. I could see some sicko wanting to keep her. :banghead:

Unfortunately, I think she met her demise a long time ago.

I'll keep hoping though.

Hi Everyone! I'm back after a hiatus due to caring for ill family members. I'm so happy to see Brittanee's thread still so active and welcome to new WS members!

I wish I could unsee that picture of RM on pg 4. Ugh! I think he could have easily overpowered Brittanee and snatched her during her walk back to her hotel. There are some isolated areas along that walk, parking garages underneath hotels, businesses not yet open for the season. Some of the smaller businesses in beach towns close during the winter and reopen on Memorial Day May 31. Britt disappeared on Apr 25 which would not be as busy a weekend as Easter or Memorial Day.

Or, RM could have lured her by trying to 'help' her and saying she was too little to be walking alone. (like he did with the girl in CA). Brittanee seems feisty IMO so I bet she wouldn't go willingly though.

That speeding ticket that RM received while riding his bike the day after Britt disappeared bothers me. I wish someone would search the area. Was it Surfside Beach? I've always heard the saying, "The criminal always returns to the scene of the crime." Her phone pinged straight to Georgetown, IIRC a tower at Pole Yard landing. But that doesn't mean he didn't take her back north to Surfside Beach to dispose of her body IF he killed her. It would put distance between himself and the location if she is found. Logic tells me that if I committed a crime that I tried to cover up in the dark of night, I just might ride by the cover up location when the sun comes up to make sure I covered my tracks. (Especially if I had already spent time at the greybar motel in CA for sexual assault of a young female!)

I really hope Brittanee is still out there alive and being held against her will and will be found. Either way, today is 12-10-2013 and we are one day closer to finding Brittanee. We've just gotta keep searching and sharing ideas so she will be found.

My opinion.

wm

Hi Everyone! I'm back after a hiatus due to caring for ill family members. I'm so happy to see Brittanee's thread still so active and welcome to new WS members!

I wish I could unsee that picture of RM on pg 4. Ugh! I think he could have easily overpowered Brittanee and snatched her during her walk back to her hotel. There are some isolated areas along that walk, parking garages underneath hotels, businesses not yet open for the season. Some of the smaller businesses in beach towns close during the winter and reopen on Memorial Day May 31. Britt disappeared on Apr 25 which would not be as busy a weekend as Easter or Memorial Day.

Or, RM could have lured her by trying to 'help' her and saying she was too little to be walking alone. (like he did with the girl in CA). Brittanee seems feisty IMO so I bet she wouldn't go willingly though.

That speeding ticket that RM received while riding his bike the day after Britt disappeared bothers me. I wish someone would search the area. Was it Surfside Beach? I've always heard the saying, "The criminal always returns to the scene of the crime." Her phone pinged straight to Georgetown, IIRC a tower at Pole Yard landing. But that doesn't mean he didn't take her back north to Surfside Beach to dispose of her body IF he killed her. It would put distance between himself and the location if she is found. Logic tells me that if I committed a crime that I tried to cover up in the dark of night, I just might ride by the cover up location when the sun comes up to make sure I covered my tracks. (Especially if I had already spent time at the greybar motel in CA for sexual assault of a young female!)

I really hope Brittanee is still out there alive and being held against her will and will be found. Either way, today is 12-10-2013 and we are one day closer to finding Brittanee. We've just gotta keep searching and sharing ideas so she will be found.

My opinion.

wm

I copletley agree with everything you have said
I feel like the actions that could have and should have been taken regarding RM weren't! IMO he should be a prime suspect not a POI

I remember also reading something on here to do with one of the girls asking BD to describe what she's wearing and how she could have "lured" her into a situation with this as its consequence?
IMO I think it's very plausible, if I thought someone was wearing my top I and I wanted it back I would just ask "are you wearing my [description of]top?"

And then I read something about her biological father being (JK) and how he suddenly appeared in her life before she disappeared

I know the odds are against this
But I strongly believe she is out there alive. There are many disappearances/missing persons on Earth that are being held captive RIGHT THIS MOMENT. We only hear of the ones that are either successful (they escape/are found) or are dead (remains of body etc).
Also if she were to be dead they would have found SOMETHING belonging to her after all this time! 5 years it's been (almost 6 am I correct?)
Such as her phone or SOMETHING!! Because I am pretty sure BD would put up a fight and during that process something on her (like an item of clothing) would have been found by now.

I STRONGLY believe it was RM who took her and CS
- The whole checking into that appartment or whatever the day before/on the day of BD's dissappearance
- Her last phone ping 8 miles from where he was staying
- His speeding ticket on the night
He's already got a past of kidnappings etc and who is not to say he's only interested in kidnapping little girls, he may have felt that teens are as vulnerablke, maybe he was staying "safe" in his past by abducting little helpless girls. But now he's "experienced" he may have decided to move onto teens?

Argh IDK I really do have this gut feeling though that she's still alive and just waiting for a chance or for us to help her escape!/find her!

I think I am just blabbing on here and probably things that have already been mentioned and I may be incorrect in what I am saying as I am pretty sure you all know much more than I do having been on this thread for longer than me.

RM is one of my strong suspects too. When I first heard about him I didn't think so because of his age and I thought there was no way she would willingly get in a car with a guy that age. The more I thought about though, the more it seems likely because sexual predators like him know how to manipulate a situation to get what they want. He genuinely gives me the creeps. If it's not him, then it's someone closer to her age. I think she would accept a ride from someone closer to her age if she thought she knew them or could trust them. Maybe someone she met during the weekend and thought she could trust. And FWIW, I don't believe any of the kids she came with have anything to do with or know anything about her disappearance. They are definitely selfish and self absorbed, but I don't think they are killers or accomplices.

RM is one of my strong suspects too. When I first heard about him I didn't think so because of his age and I thought there was no way she would willingly get in a car with a guy that age. The more I thought about though, the more it seems likely because sexual predators like him know how to manipulate a situation to get what they want. He genuinely gives me the creeps. If it's not him, then it's someone closer to her age. I think she would accept a ride from someone closer to her age if she thought she knew them or could trust them. Maybe someone she met during the weekend and thought she could trust. And FWIW, I don't believe any of the kids she came with have anything to do with or know anything about her disappearance. They are definitely selfish and self absorbed, but I don't think they are killers or accomplices.

Yeah that's exactly what I was saying before, because if it wasn't RM then it must have been someone closer to her age, I think we get the idea that she is more trusting of those in her age group like the hotel guy for example. Yeah creeps like RM deffo know how to manipulate situations in order to get what they want and maybe she fell for it :( there's many ways someone can be quickly snatched off the pavement into a van even if the victim is putting up a fight so I don't think the idea that she was snatched away forcefully/unwillingly is far fetched as some people have stated.

I really think an intensive investigation regarding RM would produce new leads etc but IDK if that's happening or has happened

I really want her to be found I really hope she finds a way out if she's being held somewhere against her will or if she has met her fate that her family and us get some closure... I can't imagine how her siste3r, brother and parents are feeling every day it must be so incredibly hard... as much as my little brother annoys the hell out of me, if one day he went missing I wouldn't know how to go about my daily life without thinking whats happening to him or where he is or that he could be dead or that horrible things are happening to him.... I really feel for her family. Such a huge tragedy.

Me neither FLsunlover. I've never believed the story the 'friends' told of why Brittanee went to the boys hotel room or the story of why the girls called for Britt to return the shorts. I've always felt it was drug related. My personal opinion was that Britt went to pick up 'something' for the girls at the boys room, not her personal belongings. When she didn't return with the 'goods' the girls were anticipating, the whole group panicked and scattered for fear of Britt being caught with the goods and implicating them. The boys left in the middle of the night to return to NY and the girls switched hotels the night Britt disappeared. I'd love to see cell phone records for all of them that night.

I've just always had a hunch that this was a crime of opportunity made by someone familiar with the area. Someone who cruises around looking for young girls and knows where the traffic cams are located, which businesses are closed and where the parking lots are located.

The police should have immediately checked all the cameras in the area to identify vehicles circling the block or cruising back and forth.

There are two sides to every story and unfortunately Brittanee cannot tell her side at this time so all we have to go on is what the 'friends' say. I don't believe their account but I don't think they disappeared Brittanee, they seemed to have alot going on that night. I DO think they had something else to hide so they scattered without showing regard for Brittanees well being. :(

My opinion.

wm

Another pretty young woman is missing in Horry County.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/12/20/3915238/authorities-search-myrtle-beach.html

MYRTLE BEACH — Horry County police and a helicopter from the State Law Enforcement Division searched an area near a Socastee boat landing Friday after a 20-year-old woman’s car was found there, but she has not been seen, according to authorities.

Heather Elvis, who lives in the Socastee area, was reported missing late Thursday after her vehicle was found parked at Peachtree Landing, Horry County police Lt. Robert Kegler said.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...rities-search-myrtle-beach.html#storylink=cpy

Does anyone know where Peachtree Landing is? Mapping is not my forte. This is probably not related to Britt's disappearance but I like to note when young women go missing in the area because you just never know.

wm

Another pretty young woman is missing in Horry County.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/12/20/3915238/authorities-search-myrtle-beach.html

MYRTLE BEACH — Horry County police and a helicopter from the State Law Enforcement Division searched an area near a Socastee boat landing Friday after a 20-year-old woman’s car was found there, but she has not been seen, according to authorities.

Heather Elvis, who lives in the Socastee area, was reported missing late Thursday after her vehicle was found parked at Peachtree Landing, Horry County police Lt. Robert Kegler said.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...rities-search-myrtle-beach.html#storylink=cpy

Does anyone know where Peachtree Landing is? Mapping is not my forte. This is probably not related to Britt's disappearance but I like to note when young women go missing in the area because you just never know.

wm

http://itouchmap.com/?d=1227958&s=SC&f=ppl

That is a map showing the Peachtree Landing area. Sits right between Myrtle Beach & Georgetown.

This is not good, it's too coincidental that her car was found abandoned at a boat landing, the area looks identical to pole yard, and the last noted activity as far as cell phone communication was at 3am, then stopped completely.

From what I've read, she frequents the MB club scene around Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach, but seems likes a level-headed, responsible young lady. Her parents state this incident has never happened before. Apparently she is very dedicated to her job (MB house of Blues), her parents and co-workers immediately knew something was wrong when she never showed up for her scheduled shift.

She's very similar in general appearance to Brittanee- they are close in age as well as height & weight, etc. maybe this is the break we have all been waiting for...

I pray that this girl is alive & well, and that she just needed some time away to clear her head, but unfortunately it doesn't seem that way..

Thanks much for the information, Christina. Do you have links for the info or can you tell me where to look. I also think she looks similar to Brittanee. Very pretty girl. I thought of runaway too but it doesn't make sense that she would leave her car behind. MOO

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members