GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Harnum's dance teacher tells of her potential and the broken hearts in Canada after her murder

December 07, 2013 10:00PM

AT her home on Toronto's outskirts Lisa Harnum's dance teacher Sandra Amadeo presses the video pause button.

"Lisa was very hardworking and determined to get this solo," the Canadian teacher of jazz, ballet and tap said. "There were only a few dancers chosen every year and she wanted to be one of them."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...after-her-murder/story-fni0cx4q-1226777782946

If you can spell it out for us Fuskier, it would mean more to than someone on TV. Lisa didn't escape so what do other people have a chance. Pointers and clues?

Hi Flinders, Kay Schubach's book 'A Perfect Stranger' might provide some pointers and clues.
Generally, it's a very serious and difficult situation to be in, due to the manipulation of the abuser in their quest for 'power' over the victim. Manipulation is not easy to deal with, it is emotionally 'sticky' until one becomes stronger at recognising it. Victim's describe being on an emotional roller coaster being 'trapped' in such a situation. There are no easy answers, but value your own life and emotional well being. Some things learned from experiences of victims is: Don't allow yourself to become isolated. Don't keep 'silent' to protect the abuser's reputation; talk to supportive family and friends, engage with an accredited Counsellor for support, to identify the manipulation, to assess the threat to safety, then make a plan to leave. Outside support is crucial IMO.
Another book mentioned earlier in the thread which may provide some pointers and clues is 'In Sheep's Clothing: understanding & dealing with manipulative people', by George Simon, Jnr.

Hi Flinders, Kay Schubach's book 'A Perfect Stranger' might provide some pointers and clues.
Generally, it's a very serious and difficult situation to be in, due to the manipulation of the abuser in their quest for 'power' over the victim. Manipulation is not easy to deal with, it is emotionally 'sticky' until one becomes stronger at recognising it. Victim's describe being on an emotional roller coaster being 'trapped' in such a situation. There are no easy answers, but value your own life and emotional well being. Some things learned from experiences of victims is: Don't allow yourself to become isolated. Don't keep 'silent' to protect the abuser's reputation; talk to supportive family and friends, engage with an accredited Counsellor for support, to identify the manipulation, to assess the threat to safety, then make a plan to leave. Outside support is crucial IMO.
Another book mentioned earlier in the thread which may provide some pointers and clues is 'In Sheep's Clothing: understanding & dealing with manipulative people', by George Simon, Jnr.
I keep thinking: What could Lisa have done differently? How could she successfully escape alive?
And the best I could come with was this: In collusion with Lisa, Joan Harnum along with a male unknown hired Heavy come for a visit to Australia. And explain to SG how it's going to be. No negotiations, no comprises, no explanations. Just take Lisa out. Good-bye SG.
Of course hindsight is a marvellous teacher.

I keep thinking: What could Lisa have done differently? How could she successfully escape alive?
And the best I could come with was this: In collusion with Lisa, Joan Harnum along with a male unknown hired Heavy come for a visit to Australia. And explain to SG how it's going to be. No negotiations, no comprises, no explanations. Just take Lisa out. Good-bye SG.
Of course hindsight is a marvellous teacher.

I have a little side story to this post.
A beautiful lady, I know, a widow who has "done it tough", very neat, sweet and petite, very Christian, tea drinking, butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, Lady:
She ran an Accommodation place in Queensland, and she had a little problem.
There was a "tenant" , Wouldn't pay his rent. Went on for many months. Place was a pigsty mess.
He claimed he "knew his rights", she couldn't just chuck him out, she couldn't get what money he owed her, etc. Law was on his side. Blah blah blah.
And so she thought...... And thought.... And schemed a little......., did this little old, sweet, neat and petite, Christian lady who worked for a living, and tried to do the right thing by others and never imbibed any form of intoxicating substance.
She went to the Local Pub.
She enquired as to how to hire a Bouncer Type Person.
She was pointed in the right direction. (Great big burly mean looking bloke)
She explained the predicament. She paid. She waited.
Nothing happened..... Apparently......
Big ruckus overnight though. (Dunno what about)
Next day, all monies owing by so called "tenant" who "knew his rights", was paid, an apology was given and the premises was neatly and cleanly vacated.
The beautiful Lady, now in her nineties, sipping tea graciously, smiles as she recounts the story to selected few.
Personally, I think she is a Hero. And personally, I think this lady provides a strong and gentle intelligent inventive lesson. It worked. It achieved the desired required results.

I have a little side story to this post.
A beautiful lady, I know, a widow who has "done it tough", very neat, sweet and petite, very Christian, tea drinking, butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, Lady:
She ran an Accommodation place in Queensland, and she had a little problem.
There was a "tenant" , Wouldn't pay his rent. Went on for many months. Place was a pigsty mess.
He claimed he "knew his rights", she couldn't just chuck him out, she couldn't get what money he owed her, etc. Law was on his side. Blah blah blah.
And so she thought...... And thought.... And schemed a little......., did this little old, sweet, neat and petite, Christian lady who worked for a living, and tried to do the right thing by others and never imbibed any form of intoxicating substance.
She went to the Local Pub.
She enquired as to how to hire a Bouncer Type Person.
She was pointed in the right direction. (Great big burly mean looking bloke)
She explained the predicament. She paid. She waited.
Nothing happened..... Apparently......
Big ruckus overnight though. (Dunno what about)
Next day, all monies owing by so called "tenant" who "knew his rights", was paid, an apology was given and the premises was neatly and cleanly vacated.
The beautiful Lady, now in her nineties, sipping tea graciously, smiles as she recounts the story to selected few.
Personally, I think she is a Hero. And personally, I think this lady provides a strong and gentle intelligent inventive lesson. It worked. It achieved the desired required results.

Fantastic. Love it! Yep shes hero :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Is there a current thread re : Keli Lane's murder conviction appeal which is being decided today on Websleuths ?

Is there a current thread re : Keli Lane's murder conviction appeal which is being decided today on Websleuths ?

There is an old thread, but I'm not sure about a new one. I'd love to join it if there is one though!

Hi everyone. I picked the wrong time to go on a holiday! It took me 2 days to catch up with all of the posts.

Thanks to those who provided the tweets during the verdict, all the articles (I still have some to catch up on but I have maxed out all my free accesses and subscriptions!), other pieces of information, and stories.

I just wanted to say that I personally feel connected to this case, I remember hearing about it when it first happened and thinking 'oh my god'. When it was in the news again this year for the trial, I was on here and I wanted to start this topic because I wanted people to see what had happened and show support for Lisa's family. I am very glad for the outcome, looking forward to the sentencing but mostly sad that it ever came to this.

Hi everyone. I picked the wrong time to go on a holiday! It took me 2 days to catch up with all of the posts.

Thanks to those who provided the tweets during the verdict, all the articles (I still have some to catch up on but I have maxed out all my free accesses and subscriptions!), other pieces of information, and stories.

I just wanted to say that I personally feel connected to this case, I remember hearing about it when it first happened and thinking 'oh my god'. When it was in the news again this year for the trial, I was on here and I wanted to start this topic because I wanted people to see what had happened and show support for Lisa's family. I am very glad for the outcome, looking forward to the sentencing but mostly sad that it ever came to this.

I've found a little trick is to clear your cookies and it resets the free articles, so you start over again;) I always a bit like a thief doing it though.

So this wife killer installed cameras in his home and "antagonised his wife in the recordings as a contingency for the day he would be charged with hurting her."

Did Gittany have similar premeditated ideas regarding the cameras?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/12/13/16/43/sydney-wife-killer-jailed-for-21-years

Throughout Gierczynski's trial the jury was shown bizarre videos that had been recorded and secreted around the home by the former carpet cleaner.

Justice Adamson found Giercyznski antagonised his wife in the recordings as a contingency for the day he would be charged with hurting her.

:seeya: Thanks jamie233 for starting this thread for Lisa! The case sure has been interesting (and heartbreaking), but with a just result.

(I wondered where you were all through the trial :waitasec: :) )

:seeya: Thanks jamie233 for starting this thread for Lisa! The case sure has been interesting (and heartbreaking), but with a just result.

(I wondered where you were all through the trial :waitasec: :) )

I managed to grab the breaking news just before we boarded the plane for sunny Phuket... So I knew that he had been found guilty, and the dramas of RL leaving the courtroom... But it was good to catch up on all the posts, Justice McCallum did a fantastic job delivering her verdict.

BRING ON FEBRUARY
Gittany should enjoy his Christmas with his own kind. Locked up with other murderous thugs.

My Christmas present is another one is of our streets.
Another tick to our boys in blue, THANK-YOU, but let's see what the judge gives him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle