GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE said they believe the letter was written by Abigail. For LE, that is like saying they are certain, IMO, as they would never say that, just in case. And Mom seems uplifted by the contents. I think she was okay and happy to stay where she was or at least remain with the person(s) she was with, at that time. But that was almost ten weeks ago.

so many questions.

Who was the unnamed "older" boy she befriended online? And is he related to her disappearance? Odds say no or we would have heard something more about this individual since the initial days of the case. MOO

Whose PO Box was the letter believed to be from Abi sent to, was it her mother's PO box or someone else's. If not her mother's - why there?

What is the reason for the unusual wording used by Jane Young in the presser about letter? re letter in her custody, re letter authored by Abi, sent (but not clear if ADDRESSED) to her mom?

Who is financing this absence and why?

Why is Abi's father so elusive and enigmatic as far as being in the public eye in regards to this case? Are his reasons relevant to the case?

I am obviously new to WS and this is a question for the veteran WS'ers .

How often is it that in the end the perp was , "trying to help " find the victim ?

It is not uncommon. It's not unusual for the perp to attend candle light vigils or assist in the search or even post online about the victim. I have followed many cases on WS and I can think of several

I honestly felt when they held that last press conference they were close to finding Abby. This entire case does not add up. They have not found her phone but they have obviously gotten her phone records. These records alone should lead to something one would think and I believe even if items had been deleted the provider of the cell phone would be able to access these records and her computer should give them clues on who she is with. My biggest fear is that she met someone online pretending to be someone they are not, it happens everyday on facebook. Facebook is a great way to stay in touch with people but it is also a tool for these sick predators out there and you can be anyone you want to be on there. And if Abby in fact ran away on her own it seems someone would have spotted her by now with all the flyers out there and what really bothers me is that her dad has not made any appearances and claimed right from the get go she ran away. If you were a young girl wanting to run away, you had a boyfriend, a birthday coming up, good friends and nobody knows a thing? I don't think so and if she did you cannot tell me that one of her friends doesn't know anything? Doesn't add up at all and they should release where that letter came from it could help find Abby.

I don't think so and if she did you cannot tell me that one of her friends doesn't know anything? Doesn't add up at all and they should release where that letter came from it could help find Abby.

Jade, welcome to the board. I think at this rate, LE should release as much info as they can without putting Abby in danger. I believe that their greatest tool at this point is the public and they cannot fully utilize that resource without sharing more information. I'd love to hear from some of her friends as they must be able to at least weigh in on her state of mind at the time.
Same goes for the postmark - put the residents of that area on notice and get them looking!

Having never "seen" the letter from Abby, only hearing that LE "believes" it to be here, I'm not convinced it is from her. Further, we have no idea when she wrote it if she did, there was much talk earlier about why a teen today would date a letter.

I am not convinced she's alive at all. LE is not going to play a game with us about this, they have other fish to fry. Look at the girl who went of her own volition, ended up in Mexico alive. No more press at all about her, we know she's alive.

I don't believe Abby's press would be continuing if they "absolutely know" she's alive. There are too many runaways in this world with zero press at all, that is not interesting news in the eyes of the media.

Additionally but separately, we absolutely do not condone members inserting themselves into cases or with major case players. If any of you have or are doing that, do not post about it here.

LE said they believe the letter was written by Abigail. For LE, that is like saying they are certain, IMO, as they would never say that, just in case. And Mom seems uplifted by the contents. I think she was okay and happy to stay where she was or at least remain with the person(s) she was with, at that time. But that was almost ten weeks ago.

I respectfully disagree . LE used many cloudy wordings about the letter .

To believe doesn't necessarily mean to know it was written by Abby.
Authored doesn't necessarily mean written by Abby.

LE can also act as if to believe just for the sake of the investigation or they think it is for Abby's favor .JMO

The letter could have been written at any time, even the day she disappeared. The date written on it means nothing. What worries me is that the letter could have even been written before she left and then retyped at a later date to send to her parents. It is strange that she didn't write to her father as well, since her parents are divorced. If you're going to write a letter to one parent, why not the other?

I honestly felt when they held that last press conference they were close to finding Abby. This entire case does not add up. They have not found her phone but they have obviously gotten her phone records. These records alone should lead to something one would think and I believe even if items had been deleted the provider of the cell phone would be able to access these records and her computer should give them clues on who she is with. My biggest fear is that she met someone online pretending to be someone they are not, it happens everyday on facebook. Facebook is a great way to stay in touch with people but it is also a tool for these sick predators out there and you can be anyone you want to be on there. And if Abby in fact ran away on her own it seems someone would have spotted her by now with all the flyers out there and what really bothers me is that her dad has not made any appearances and claimed right from the get go she ran away. If you were a young girl wanting to run away, you had a boyfriend, a birthday coming up, good friends and nobody knows a thing? I don't think so and if she did you cannot tell me that one of her friends doesn't know anything? Doesn't add up at all and they should release where that letter came from it could help find Abby.

I am in agreement with everything you said except for LE releasing where the letter came from - with all due respect & IMHO MOO :twocents:

I believe there's a very specific reason they're keeping this information "close to the vest" at this juncture of their investigation, and I hope their decision will, in hindsight, be viewed as a move that was meant to keep (if not actually kept) Abby safe.

Not knowing is frustrating as all get out, though!

JMO....

Using Tapatalk - now Free

I respectfully disagree . LE used many cloudy wordings about the letter .

To believe doesn't necessarily mean to know it was written by Abby.
Authored doesn't necessarily mean written by Abby.

LE can also act as if to believe just for the sake of the investigation or they think it is for Abby's favor .JMO

do you mean to say that you think the letter wasn't written by Abby but that LE may be acting as though they believe it to further the investigation? It just made me think that if that's the case, it might explain ZH's strange behavior in her last press conference. It was like she seemed too happy for someone who's child is missing.

do you mean to say that you think the letter wasn't written by Abby but that LE may be acting as though they believe it to further the investigation? It just made me think that if that's the case, it might explain ZH's strange behavior in her last press conference. It was like she seemed too happy for someone who's child is missing.

Yes..It is a possibility imo. LE switched the informations given in the beginning of the case also .. They may be taking positions according to the abductor /with whom Abby is ..Not sure what to think..

I noticed that ZH hand-wrote both of her public messages to Abby. I feel that must be significant. What do you all make of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed that ZH hand-wrote both of her public messages to Abby. I feel that must be significant. What do you all make of it?

Nothing. My mom would hand write the notes too.

It seems normal to me for a ' personal letter' .. she just expresses how she feels
with handwrting more genuine then typing on social media imo.. But may have some significance for this particular case where the letters are flying both ways..

However I must say I find it odd to to type a private letter and print it and sign the printout . Sounds sooo much creepy to me. But thats just me..:)

The letter could have been written at any time, even the day she disappeared. The date written on it means nothing. What worries me is that the letter could have even been written before she left and then retyped at a later date to send to her parents. It is strange that she didn't write to her father as well, since her parents are divorced. If you're going to write a letter to one parent, why not the other?

It was my feeling that the dad was kind of absent until all of this. Mainly because the pics he posted were from her as a young child. My son's father is also mostly absent and the photos and what he would say would be very similar, I would guess.

I keep thinking Abby sent it to the PO Box so no one would think it was fake. Her home address would be known while a PO Box would not.

I am confused about the Letter Abby's mom received. I thought they were positive it was from Abby? Was this a handwritten letter or was it typed? I am sure if Abby did write this letter she was told to write it, doesn't make sense. Even if Abby was a runaway it seems she would be spotted by someone out there by now, since thousands of flyers are out there in stores, bus stations everywhere. If this letter was typed anyone could have typed it and sent it. I am not from New Hampshire and not familiar with the area she went missing but have read she made it home and then read she didn't make it home? The other issue is are they still searching the area, it seems like they searched for sometime but seem to have given up and it looks like there is a lot of area to cover down there and was wondering why they have stopped searching the area unless they know for a fact she was abducted and is somewhere else is my only thought.

What I think is that once they received the letter they stopped the searching…because I think we all know they were not searching for a child hiding in the woods at the time :( Before the letter the immense amount of mountain, forest and water bodies made it impossible to do a full and thorough search. But to me, the fact that they did stop searching and that they said they determined it was likely from Abby (the letter) tells me they have darned good reason to believe she is alive and out there. The 'grave concern' tells me they have darned good reason to be worried for her safety.

Nobody knows if the letter was hand or type written nor where it was postmarked…nothing other than what was told to us in the press conference.

How to find Abby???? What do they (LE) do, what do we do from here? I have to believe LE has some leads. I'm sure they still come in as we have all seen iffy things and odd sightings on the net here and there (which are nothing but rumor so not posted here)…but give hope that they are following and tracking everything that comes into them. Sooner or later something will break this case wide open. I HOPE SOONER!

A belated :welcome: to you Jade :)

If you read the BAH website, specifically posts from AFTER the press conference in Concord, you'll notice a very dramatic shift in the way they talk about Abby. Not only does ZH say in her letter "this is the only way I know how to, possibly get a message to you" One other sentence from ZH's letter on 12/19 is "When I see you again we can start a new life, and all of this attention-all of this will be a thing of the past. I will do whatever it takes."

Maybe ZH is just sounding positive to be optimistic, but she sounds so certain "when I see you.." etc.. Plus the pause in the bolded above sounds like there is something more than the media attention that will be a thing of the past (all of THIS, what is THIS that is also keeping AH away?) ZH could just be referring to any perceived consequence of leaving, but I just think if she is away on purpose, there is something at home that isn't right. School/Bullies/Relationships/Family Stuff/Abuse, all reasons teens run away, but what is it for Abby specifically? I feel like the letter IS real and revealed some distinct clues. Maybe they aren't releasing the details of the letter because it reveals a crime or suspects or sensitive material to the case itself. There is a strong reason to believe it's real.

Hope this makes sense...MOO, yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members