Updates ~ Court clerk information

Ron is still trying to get out of prison. He filed a federal writ of habeas corpus. SMH!

Attachments

• ronald-cummings-writ-main-doc-08-13-2012-1-1-meg.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 89
  • ronald-cummings-writ-attachment-1-08-13-2012-435k.pdf
    425.1 KB · Views: 26
  • ronald-cummings-writ-attachment-2-08-13-2012-106k.pdf
    103.7 KB · Views: 21
  • ronald-cummings-writ-attachment-3-08-13-2012-58k.pdf
    56.7 KB · Views: 19
  • ronald-cummings-writ-attachment-4-08-13-2012-135k.pdf
    132.1 KB · Views: 19
Ron is still trying to get out of prison. He filed a federal writ of habeas corpus. SMH!

why can't prisoners actually be punished and have kitchen/laundry duty from 6 am to 8 p.m (kinda like me:) so they are to tired, to busy to continue to waste time. It's almost a cake walk considering what we all "have" to do day in and day out to pay out bills and care properly for our children.

Thanks for posting twall. I just get fed up w/ the legalities game w/ criminals. It's like part of their "job" to waste time, money, resources. Look just now I wasted all those brain cells and time reading that drivel, then writing and back spacing for a half an hour.

I shouldn't comment about the appeals process, but "men's rea" on page 9, first link in Twall's post, I believe.

Come on now! Even if he didn't know about how or what happened, he was responsible for his children. jmo

As an element of criminal responsibility, a guilty mind; a guilty or wrongful purpose; a criminal intent. Guilty knowledge and wilfulness

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/mens+rea

RC is bored...:lol:

His doing what he was born to do. Protest, sue and litigate all perceived wrongdoings.

893.135 Trafficking; mandatory sentences; suspension or reduction of sentences; conspiracy to engage in trafficking.

(1) Except as authorized in this chapter or in chapter 499 and notwithstanding the provisions of s. 893.13:
OK so RC thinks that he wouldn't have been found guilty of trafficking more than 4 grams of a controlled substance if the jury had known that the 39 grams of pills he trafficked only contained less than a gram of the actual hydrocodone and the rest of it was whatever they use to make pills.

However, if I'm understanding the statute correctly it wouldn't matter if the jury listened to the law. 4 grams of "any mixture" containing a controlled substance counts as trafficking all the same?

(c)1. Any person who knowingly sells, purchases, manufactures, delivers, or brings into this state, or who is knowingly in actual or constructive possession of, 4 grams or more of any morphine, opium, oxycodone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, or any salt, derivative, isomer, or salt of an isomer thereof, including heroin, as described in s. 893.03(1)(b), (2)(a), (3)(c)3., or (3)(c)4., or 4 grams or more of any mixture containing any such substance, but less than 30 kilograms of such substance or mixture, commits a felony of the first degree, which felony shall be known as “trafficking in illegal drugs,” punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. If the quantity involved:

a. Is 4 grams or more, but less than 14 grams, such person shall be sentenced to a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment of 3 years, and the defendant shall be ordered to pay a fine of $50,000.

893.135 Trafficking; mandatory sentences; suspension or reduction of sentences; conspiracy to engage in trafficking.

(1) Except as authorized in this chapter or in chapter 499 and notwithstanding the provisions of s. 893.13:
OK so RC thinks that he wouldn't have been found guilty of trafficking more than 4 grams of a controlled substance if the jury had known that the 39 grams of pills he trafficked only contained less than a gram of the actual hydrocodone and the rest of it was whatever they use to make pills.

However, if I'm understanding the statute correctly it wouldn't matter if the jury listened to the law. 4 grams of "any mixture" containing a controlled substance counts as trafficking all the same?

(c)1. Any person who knowingly sells, purchases, manufactures, delivers, or brings into this state, or who is knowingly in actual or constructive possession of, 4 grams or more of any morphine, opium, oxycodone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, or any salt, derivative, isomer, or salt of an isomer thereof, including heroin, as described in s. 893.03(1)(b), (2)(a), (3)(c)3., or (3)(c)4., or 4 grams or more of any mixture containing any such substance, but less than 30 kilograms of such substance or mixture, commits a felony of the first degree, which felony shall be known as “trafficking in illegal drugs,” punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. If the quantity involved:

a. Is 4 grams or more, but less than 14 grams, such person shall be sentenced to a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment of 3 years, and the defendant shall be ordered to pay a fine of $50,000.

http://drug2go.blogspot.com/2010/09/drug3912-trafficking-in-illegal-drugs-4.html

http://drug2go.blogspot.com/2010/09/drug3912-trafficking-in-illegal-drugs-4.html

I"m not sure. What you highlighted to me, sounds like any mixture of the above controlled substances like hydro & morphine if they were mixed together. It doesn't say mixted w/ acetomenphen etc. To me there would be a difference in whether it was 10mg hydro's as opposed to 7.5. Would be a difference in let's say heroin & 10/500 hydro"s which would have 10 mg of hydro & 500 mg of acetomenophen . Difference in the amount of those controlled substance in each of those. But I could be wrong and they all carry the same weight because they are all classified together no matter what they are mixed w/. Also, would there b a differnce in let's say someone gets busted w/ really crappy heroin & someone who gets the really good, more pure heroin?
Idk

The Florida Legislature designated any individual in possession of four (4) grams or more of oxycodone or hydrocodone OR four (4) grams or more of any mixture containing oxycodone or hydrocodone guilty of trafficking in drugs, regardless of whether the individual was using oxycodone or hydrocodone for their own personal use. The criminal charge is based upon the TOTAL WEIGHT of the drugs, even though each pill likely contains both illegal and legal substances (i.e. Acetaminophen). For example, if one (1) "Lortab" pill weighs 650 mg (although it only contains ten (10) mg of hydrocodone), then seven (7) "Lortab" pills constitutes trafficking (650 mg x 7 pills = 4.6 grams).

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5225715
The weight of a drug can be an even tougher issue in a trafficking in hydrocodone case. The Florida Statutes define the weight of a controlled substance as the total weight of the mixture within which the controlled substance. This makes for a completely unscientific calculation of actual weight of the illegal substance. To see how this works, let's consider cases involve Vicodin pills, which contain 500 mg acetominiphen (tylonol, legal) and 5 mg hydrocodone (illegal). Doing the math here, 100 pills of Vicodin will weigh approximately 50.5 grams (enough for a big trafficking charge), but there's only about 1 gram of hydrocodone total, scientifically speaking. Unfortunately, some courts have held that the State is entitled to convict a defendant based on the entire weight of the pills including the filler substances, even though the actual, scientific, weight of the illegal substance is far less. Our Federal government no longer counts the entire weight of the pill for trafficking purposes, yet Florida seems to lag behind in such reasonable logic. For more information on this issue, read my article entitled "Federal Government Abandoned Unfair Trafficking Sentences Long Ago, Florida Courts Still Holding On".
http://www.jgcrimlaw.com/lawyer-attorney-1486069.html

It would make more sense to determine the charges based on the actual amount of the illegal substance and not the weight of the fillers it was packed with but I guess it might sometimes be difficult to determine from a mixture if it's not from a pharmacy.

That is my understanding. Read "Attachment A"-Order denying motion for rehearing in my previous post, it is explained there.

well, that was interesting reading. I was beginning to think TN just may have been right about how smart her son was ... that is, until I read the denial. LOL, nice try RC, I eagerly await your next card you play (of course, you have plenty of time now, don't you).
Thanks for the info Twall :silly:

In 14 years when rc gets out, he may think about only selling tiny illegal pills instead of those big ole vicodin...

Anyone heard what is going on with Joe Overstreets court dates? It was the 9th? I can't find anything on it. Wonder if he was convicted or if it was delayed.

I was checking up on Joe and the link you provided now shows that his charges have been dismissed Oct/12! It also shows that the case is still open but that JO status is concluded?? Im not sure what that means exactly but I thought once a judgement was made the case would be closed?

Here are the case details, look at the last 3 on the page.

http://ccc.nashville.gov/portal/pls...es=a1&p_arg_values=OVERSTREET|JOSEPH|06081989

2 of his charges were dismissed and it looks like he got a judgment deferred-no conviction on the contributing to the delinquency of a minor charge (as long as he testifies against his co-defendant) and 2 yrs. probation. I don't know how the open/closed thing works. It could be because he has yet to pay his fines?

well its good to see the jailbirds are all still cozy in their jailhouse nests

Tommy/Hank was moved around the next day or so after Ron & Crytals last court appearance. By about a day or two per vinelink. That's all I got.

Movement. I'll link if needed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnonMX
Back