NC NC - Asha Degree, 9, Shelby, 14 Feb 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am both fascinated and of course saddened by this case. I can not understand how if the father went to bed around 2:30a (and checked the kids before doing so) Asha is seen at 3:30a and 4:15a about a mile away from her house. How did she pack all the items that are missing (some latter found) and leave undetected get that far. I believe the sightings are probably good natured people who are mistaken. False sightings are not that uncommon. Julius Erving son Corey who was missing for 2 months not far from where I live was said to be seen all over the country but was found in a retention pond less than a mile from his home. (a car accident cutting thru a road under going construction)
Have the parents ever taken polygraphs, if so did they pass. I hate to bring it up, but I did read that they said they would do anything to help resolve this case. Although the family says they think shes alive I seriously doubt it. But i Pray for resolution regardless.

I am both fascinated and of course saddened by this case. I can not understand how if the father went to bed around 2:30a (and checked the kids before doing so) Asha is seen at 3:30a and 4:15a about a mile away from her house. How did she pack all the items that are missing (some latter found) and leave undetected get that far. I believe the sightings are probably good natured people who are mistaken. False sightings are not that uncommon. Julius Erving son Corey who was missing for 2 months not far from where I live was said to be seen all over the country but was found in a retention pond less than a mile from his home. (a car accident cutting thru a road under going construction)
Have the parents ever taken polygraphs, if so did they pass. I hate to bring it up, but I did read that they said they would do anything to help resolve this case. Although the family says they think shes alive I seriously doubt it. But i Pray for resolution regardless.

:wagon: to Websleuths, Andruw25!

:gthanks: for joining us on Asha's thread. :seeya:

While there can be often false sightings in missing adults and teens, I find it hard to believe the sightings of Asha could be false. I mean Asha's size would of definitely stood out to truckers whom saw her walking alone. I think they should do polygraphs with all parents in missing children cases just to be sure. If you think of Coral Hall, authorities did not know her grandmother killed her until like more than a decade later. JMO

I can't understand how you could drive by a preteen on the side of the road at 3am without at least calling the cops to report it much less stopping to make sure she's safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't understand how you could drive by a preteen on the side of the road at 3am without at least calling the cops to report it much less stopping to make sure she's safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the thought that crosses my mind every time of think of Asha:/

Man arrested for 1990 Triad murder could be connected to Shelby murder

Ferguson was arrested this week and charged in the 1990 murder of 7-year-old Shalonda Poole in Greensboro.

Now Cleveland County and Greensboro authorities are exchanging notes to see if Ferguson is possibly connected to the 2000 disappearance of then 9-year-old Asha Degree...

Cleveland County Sheriff Alan Norman said an investigator from his office will spend the next week pinpointing exactly where Ferguson was around that date in 2000.

http://www.wccbcharlotte.com/story/new-lead-in-search-for-asha-degree-20140114?454554

New lead in Search for Asha Degree

Cleveland County Sheriff Alan Norman tells WCCB they got a new lead last week. He says, "In fact it was the news media that called (them with the lead)."

Fifty-two-year-old Donald Ferguson of Spartanburg was just arrested for the 1990 murder of a seven-year-old girl from North Carolina. Investigators are working to see if a hunch that Ferguson may have passed through the Shelby area when Asha disappeared pans out. Norman says, "The main thing we wanna know is: where was this individual 14 years ago? Who did he socialize with? Did he work? All the pertinent information concerning where he was at and what he did."

New lead on Asha Degree?
By Jessica Pickens
Published: Monday, January 13, 2014 at 16:59 PM

Snipped
nF8XAgY.gif
:

A South Carolina-based TV station reported in the past week that a Spartanburg man arrested on charges in the 1990 murder of a 7-year-old girl in Greensboro could be connected to Asha.

Donald Preston Ferguson, 52, was arrested this weekend in connection to the death of Shalonda S. Poole, who was found dead behind a Greensboro Elementary School. Ferguson was living in Spartanburg and arrested in Spartanburg County. He was charged with first-degree murder and first-degree sex offense of Poole and is being held without bond in the Guilford County Detention Center in Greensboro.

asha.jpg

http://www.shelbystar.com/news/local/new-lead-on-asha-degree-1.261766

Police investigate new lead in Asha Degree disappearance
Published: Monday, January 13, 2014 at 17:21 PM.

Snipped
nF8XAgY.gif
:

“Between 1990 and today, he probably went through Cleveland County at one time,” Norman said. “It’s another lead we will explore in the Miss Degree case. We will look to see where he was and working 14 years ago.”

Feb. 14 will make the 14th anniversary of Asha’s disappearance.

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/l...-in-asha-degree-disappearance-1.261783?page=1

I wish when these guys were caught that they would just admit to the things they had done to give the families some peace. I hope they have their guy in the original arrest and I hope they've finally found who hurt Asha.

I'm going to go ahead and post here before I go back and read this thread, because the prime suspect in a series of murders (lewiston civic theater murders, ID) moved to Charlotte the year before Asha went missing and lived 26 miles from this girl.

On the face of it, Asha doesn't fit his victim profile except I think there is speculation that he may have been involved in a couple abductions/murders in Pocatello in the eighties. I'm going to go read, but I believe one of the bodies was an African American female. Couldn't be Asha, but speaks to the possibility at least that she wouldn't be out of this guy's range of sight.

I personally believe he has had his hands in many many abductions/murders.

And he lived 26 miles from where Asha disappeared.

Also, there were a men's pair of khaki pants found near where some of Asha's things were found.

Steven Pearsall is believed to be a victim of this guy. Last seen wearing khaki pants.

Eta-just left a top with FBI. Can't hurt.

I hope these new developments will be a door to justice for Asha.

Well i know if i was driving home at 4am I probably wouldnt stop if i saw a kid walking on the side of the road. I would definitely wonder what they are doing. but as a young female who watches way too many horror movies and reads too much true crime i think stopping on a deserted road would scare me too much, especially if i thought it was a setup or there was someone else near by.

I also wonder if the place she turned off at was somewhere she knew, maybe a secret spot or somewhere she went to think or pretend it was her house or even if she had been there with friends before. it could be near something she knew and thought she would hide out there til morning.

Reading up on the arrest of Donald Ferguson, I can definitely see if he had to drive through the town and passed her he would have stopped or lured her into the dark. I hope they find answers in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff