IL IL - Lacey Gaines, 22, Justice, 7 Dec 2009

Thinking about Lacey so much today. Prayers for her son and her family. This young lady deserves justice and it's a travesty that resources available have not been used to help find her killer.

I was ill and in hospital during which time someone in Houston, TX attacked LaceyGaines.com with over 7,000 hits in a min bringing it down. I was too ill to even read the email. But my host site was kind enough to fix. Now they have many protections in place.

Thank you all for still thinking of Lacey and praying her killer is found. This time of year I like to think of Lacey celebrating Christmas in Heaven.

Merry Christmas and thank you for your caring -

I found the comments on this 2011 TOPIX of Justice, IL interesting:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/justice-il/TDINGHEMSPOIVQHHM

This article is also interesting the location of Robbins is just 20 mins from Justice, IL. If they have done this with rape kits, why not murder DNA also?
http://www.nwherald.com/2013/11/23/will-probe-bring-justice-in-towns-rape-scandal/ankbktl/?page=1

Recently I have seen more efforts in cleaning up problems in Police Dept. In Mobile, AL there was a changing of records happening in 85% of cases to keep crime statistics down.
http://blog.al.com/live/2013/12/four_police_suspensions_includ.html

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/justice-il/TGIE4ORETRK5VJ46D

ex-Chief Gedville (now Fraud Investigator for At&t) is suing the village of Justice for wrongful firing
http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/news/24361486-418/suit-contends-police-chief-wrongly-fired.html

Curious what you think of his experience listed on Linkedin:
Robert Gedville
Professional Investigator

Experience
Fraud Investigator (AT&T Corp.) at Sentinel Investigations
December 2012 - Present (1 year 1 month)

Executive Board Member (Secretary) at South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force
January 2010 - December 2012 (3 years)

Chief of Police at Justice Police Department
May 2008 - December 2012 (4 years 8 months)

Celebrity Protection (AYS LLC) at Chicago White Sox & Chicago Blackhawks
April 2002 - March 2010 (8 years)

Group Supervisor at South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force
January 1999 - December 2009 (11 years)

Deputy Chief, Detective/Lieutenant, Detective/Sergeant, Detective, Patrol Officer at Justice Police Department
July 1993 - May 2008 (14 years 11 months)

Regional Loss Prevention Manager at Handy Andy Corporation
December 1991 - July 1993 (1 year 8 months)

www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-gedville/72/22/201

Part of Dana Pretzer's Monday commentary will be about Lacey Gaines Cold Case

Lawsuits against the Village of Justice in IL | Who Murdered Lacey Gaines http://www.laceygaines.com/lawsuits-against-the-village-of-justice-in-il/

Justice, IL is where Lacey Gaines was found murdered in Dec 2009 just a few days after her 20th birthday. The Law Enforcement responsible for solving Lacey's murder have had their share of problems.

Visit Cook County Clerk of the court and search for defendant - Village of Justice ttp://www.cookcountyclerkofcourt.org/

Another lawsuit against the Village of Justice including the one filed recently, by ex-Chief Gedville click for Article entitled The former police chief in Justice is suing the village, claiming he was wrongfully fired.

Justice Illinois police problems Click here previous post info on Village of Justice lawsuit.

The Topix forum site also posts several different visitor posts on said Justice Illinois problems, comments and complaints - take note comments are individual opinions of posters but many have links:

Suit contends police chief wrongly fired

Mayor wants to abolish the Village of Justice Police Department?

Justice Police Cover Up??

Internal police inquiry finds Justice Cop cop lied

Accused cop has bad service record

News Article: Michael F. McNamara, 41, a corporal with the Justice police force and recipient of the department’s 2009 Narcotics Enforcement Award, was charged with battery and resisting arrest. Topix comments

Topix complaints

Justice police chief placed on leave after Tribune report

justice police

It seems Lacey's case has been jeopardized by misconduct on many levels.

DOB 12/01/89 - DOD 12/7/09 Lacey Claire Gaines Murder Case #09-06670 Justice, IL

Lacey was pronounced dead 12/7/09 Monday night at Christ Advocate Medical Center in Oak Lawn just 15 mins away from her apt at the Sunset Apts (Apt 312).

The Cook Co ME declared Lacey's death a homicide on Tuesday after completing an autopsy. Her father picked up Lacey at the Cook Co Morgue for burial. Her wake was just 4 days after her murder. See Obituary. I can't imagine the pain this has caused her parents, siblings and son.

Another backlog on DNA evidence - Agencies confused by '08 law tied to homicide victims
A 2008 state law requires that the Illinois State Police crime lab conduct such genetic searches of all homicide victims -- typically more than 700 a year.​

A question asked many times and left unanswered is - has the DNA collected at Lacey's brutal murder scene ever been sent to and tested by a qualified Crime Lab? It is suppose to have been according to the law sited in the above article.

Last Nov 2013 a probe was undertaken by the AG's office on DNA in rape cases not being tested. After reading about this I wondered if this was just rape DNA going untested or could it include murder cases? Such as Lacey Gaines?

Will probe bring justice in town’s rape scandal?
A spokes woman from the AG's office stated It’s one thing if you have a cold case, if you don’t know who the bad guy is,” she says. “It’s entirely another to know exactly who he is, exactly where he is and not be able to give justice to this woman.”​

---------
On January 14, 2010 Det Joe Malloy, reportedly said they were still waiting on phone records for cell tower pings. They have a very strong suspect who Lacey knew. He has a lot of evidence in evidence room coming in from lab. They have video footage from a business near by and they took clothing from all the suspects. He said unless he gets a confession or more evidence he can't charge anyone.

How do you feel about Det Malloy's statements? Wouldn't you like to know is there an on going investigation in the brutal murder of Lacey Gaines? Has DNA been sent to a crime lab to be tested or is it sitting in a basement or office?
-------

ME and Morgue Scandals- see related content: Cook Co. ME retiring after morgue scandal

It seems Lacey's case has been jeopardized by misconduct on many levels.

DOB 12/01/89 - DOD 12/7/09 Lacey Claire Gaines Murder Case #09-06670 Justice, IL

Lacey was pronounced dead 12/7/09 Monday night at Christ Advocate Medical Center in Oak Lawn just 15 mins away from her apt at the Sunset Apts (Apt 312).

The Cook Co ME declared Lacey's death a homicide on Tuesday after completing an autopsy. Her father picked up Lacey at the Cook Co Morgue for burial. Her wake was just 4 days after her murder. See Obituary. I can't imagine the pain this has caused her parents, siblings and son.

Another backlog on DNA evidence - Agencies confused by '08 law tied to homicide victims
A 2008 state law requires that the Illinois State Police crime lab conduct such genetic searches of all homicide victims -- typically more than 700 a year.​

A question asked many times and left unanswered is - has the DNA collected at Lacey's brutal murder scene ever been sent to and tested by a qualified Crime Lab? It is suppose to have been according to the law sited in the above article.

Last Nov 2013 a probe was undertaken by the AG's office on DNA in rape cases not being tested. After reading about this I wondered if this was just rape DNA going untested or could it include murder cases? Such as Lacey Gaines?

Will probe bring justice in town’s rape scandal?
A spokes woman from the AG's office stated It’s one thing if you have a cold case, if you don’t know who the bad guy is,” she says. “It’s entirely another to know exactly who he is, exactly where he is and not be able to give justice to this woman.”​

---------
On January 14, 2010 Det Joe Malloy, reportedly said they were still waiting on phone records for cell tower pings. They have a very strong suspect who Lacey knew. He has a lot of evidence in evidence room coming in from lab. They have video footage from a business near by and they took clothing from all the suspects. He said unless he gets a confession or more evidence he can't charge anyone.

How do you feel about Det Malloy's statements? Wouldn't you like to know is there an on going investigation in the brutal murder of Lacey Gaines? Has DNA been sent to a crime lab to be tested or is it sitting in a basement or office?
-------

ME and Morgue Scandals- see related content: Cook Co. ME retiring after morgue scandal
Here is the citation and the relevant language of the law. (The first link in quoted post)

55 ILCS 5/3-3013
When the coroner or medical examiner finds that the cause of death is due to homicidal means, the coroner or medical examiner shall cause blood and buccal specimens (tissue may be submitted if no uncontaminated blood or buccal specimen can be obtained), whenever possible, to be withdrawn from the body of the decedent in a timely fashion. Within 45 days after the collection of the specimens, the coroner or medical examiner shall deliver those specimens, dried, to the Illinois Department of State Police, Division of Forensic Services, for analysis and categorizing into genetic marker groupings to be maintained by the Illinois Department of State Police in the State central repository in the same manner, and subject to the same conditions, as provided in Section 5-4-3 of the Unified Code of Corrections. The requirements of this paragraph are in addition to any other findings, specimens, or information that the coroner or medical examiner is required to provide during the conduct of a criminal investigation.

It was effective June 1, 2008

Please contact Website: http://villageofjustice.org

Head Detective R Plotke
7800 S Archer Rd, Justice, IL 60458
Ph: 708-458-2191, Email: rplotke@justicepolice-il.org

Detective J Malloy
Ph: 708-458-2194, Email: Jmalloy@justicepolice-il.org

Illinois Assistant State’s Attorney Tom Biesty (773) 674-3470

Don’t be afraid to go to the police, or afraid you’ll be charged with a crime for not talking sooner. The law doesn’t require people who know about a crime to go to the police. Witnesses who mislead the police, intentionally trying to throw them off the trail of a criminal, can be prosecuted for obstruction of justice. Illinois has a 3 – year statute of limitations on obstruction of justice.

It’s been over 4 years now is the time to let the truth out.

http://www.laceygaines.com/help-us/

Lacey.jpg

NOTICE add alert or to your calendar Jon Leiberman interviews Cherry Simpson about the murder of her niece Lacey Gaines.

Preview Show https://vimeo.com/84428125

Case Background Update Document

ChaCha, I just want to say I think you are amazing and wonderful for all you have done and are doing to help find Lacey's killer and keep her story out there until she has justice.

:yourock:

ChaCha, I just want to say I think you are amazing and wonderful for all you have done and are doing to help find Lacey's killer and keep her story out there until she has justice.

:yourock:

You guys are the ones' who ROCK!. I was thinking the other day, Websleuths has a chronological case info right in Lacey's thread. I can go all the way back and see what happened.

Lacey has received so much help from so many people. Many, just when I think there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Someone will read about her and want to help. That means so much to me.

Where else can you find a forum for unsolved murders. Her killer is still FREE. You help keep her case in the light.

Tricia's BTR Show Sunday night guest AUTHOR AND PROFESSOR AT NEW YORK LAW SCHOOL ROBERT BLECKER said it all..."it's about JUSTICE." That show was inspirational!

If you are wondering about the mysterious letter sent to Susan Murphy-Milano and Robin Sax read here: http://www.laceygaines.com/mysterious-letter/

Lacey's Post Mortem Report by the Cook County Medical Examiner shows a incorrect "date examined" listed on the report (12/8/2008).

The report mistakenly identifies Lacey as white/Hispanic.

The report shows an extensive presence of rigor mortis which puts time of death in question. Was Lacey murdered in the AM?

Report states Lacey was dressed in a bra and blue jeans. Who would she answer the door to dressed like that?

Report seems to indicate the murderer was approximately Lacey's height and was right handed. IMHO the injuries to Lacey as report states could be considered defensive wounds and it is possible the perp has a previous record and possible DV charges.

Lacey timeline: http://www.laceygaines.com/timeline/

I didnt read through 10 pages of the posts I apologize I have a few questions

-Origin of the weapon(s) (brought or acquired at the residence?)
-Left or taken with the offender?
-Was she bound ?

Thanks

I didnt read through 10 pages of the posts I apologize I have a few questions

-Origin of the weapon(s) (brought or acquired at the residence?)
-Left or taken with the offender?
-Was she bound ?

Thanks

Knife 10" from kitchen and cord from electrical device. they were left. No not bound.

Thank you for contributing.

Knife 10" from kitchen and cord from electrical device. they were left. No not bound.

Thank you for contributing.

Anytime, I hope we can generate something in the way of a lead.

I'm very sorry for your loss .

I have a few more questions if you don't mind , and I apologize in advance if these are hard, but I'm just trying to get a bead on it

-Did they identify a time of death? or did they say what time they feel this attack happened?

It states somewhere she was found in a bra and jeans,

-Was there any indication her shirt was on while she was attacked, THEN removed?, or was it still on her , just positioned so her top half was exposed?

-Where was she stabbed (face, neck, chest , abdomen, back)?
-How was she found on her back or face up ?

One last thing, I saw the video clips of the text messages back and forth with the father of her child, were they the last ones before her death, ir where there more (im guessing there was) , and if possible any transcripts, of those ? ... If you cannot Ill PM you and discuss certain aspects there.

Once I read up on it a little more Ill give as in depth an analysis as I can

To RichKelly - my responses are in Color

I'm very sorry for your loss . Thank you.

I have a few more questions if you don't mind , and I apologize in advance if these are hard, but I'm just trying to get a bead on it

-Did they identify a time of death? or did they say what time they feel this attack happened?
No they did not, although in the postmortem report they speak about extensive presence of rigor mortis. Her body was cold to touch and postmortem lividity was present on posterior portions of body.

It states somewhere she was found in a bra and jeans, - Bra, panties, blue jeans, belt.

-Was there any indication her shirt was on while she was attacked, THEN removed?, or was it still on her , just positioned so her top half was exposed? No such remarks were made in report.

-Where was she stabbed (face, neck, chest , abdomen, back)? Yes, numerous times. I don't want to go into a more vivid detail.
-How was she found on her back or face up ? Report does not say but the levity would indicate she was on back.

One last thing, I saw the video clips of the text messages back and forth with the father of her child, were they the last ones before her death, ir where there more (im guessing there was) , and if possible any transcripts, of those ? ... If you cannot Ill PM you and discuss certain aspects there.

LE said they had lots of evidence and early on were waiting for all phone records. I am not privy to any investigative information.

Thank you.

To RichKelly - my responses are in Color

I'm very sorry for your loss . Thank you.

No they did not, although in the postmortem report they speak about extensive presence of rigor mortis. Her body was cold to touch and postmortem lividity was present on posterior portions of body.

It states somewhere she was found in a bra and jeans, - Bra, panties, blue jeans, belt.

-Was there any indication her shirt was on while she was attacked, THEN removed?, or was it still on her , just positioned so her top half was exposed? No such remarks were made in report.

-Where was she stabbed (face, neck, chest , abdomen, back)? Yes, numerous times. I don't want to go into a more vivid detail.
-How was she found on her back or face up ? Report does not say but the levity would indicate she was on back.

LE said they had lots of evidence and early on were waiting for all phone records. I am not privy to any investigative information.

Thank you.

We can estimate that

When was the last time she was seen alive?, and do you know how far it is from where she was seen to her apartment?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back