Found Deceased ID - Dylan Parker, 18, Osburn, 12 January 2014

Some of the facebook commentary leads me to think the article has gotten it wrong - that he was seen getting into the car with the couple BEFORE he called his mother - that is, earlier in the evening. That makes all the difference in the world. To me, when I hear a young man got in the car with a couple, I assume he's safe somewhere.

No one apparently knows how he vanished from the place his mother was coming to pick him up.

I am hoping it was a mix up too but why did his phone go directly to voicemail, especially after calling his mom assuming the article is right? I always have my phone on after calling someone while waiting for them to show up in case there was a miscommunication or someone get's lost, which doesn't seem to be the case. Please come home safe! :please: I am hopeful he went to one of his friend's house.

Osburn is relatively small with just over 1,500 citizens.
http://www.city-data.com/city/Osburn-Idaho.html

Dylan lives in Kellogg which is only a few minutes away from Osburn. Both towns are right on I-90. There is a lovely ski resort in Kellogg. I use to pass by these towns on the way to Montana as a kid. We always would stop in at Wallace, Idaho for a break which is just a further down on I-90. Pretty area.

After reading the comments, there appears to be some confusion on the facts. Someone mentions that the gas station listed is wrong. These are important facts and I hope that someone tells the public which version is correct.

Here is another interesting FB post from Shoshone County Sheriff Office FB page. Their details match the news link. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...64.19314.118968448153193&type=1&stream_ref=10
There are comments with differing details so for now I will assume, because comments are rumor, that the Sheriff Office has it right. I hope they fix any wrong details, if there are any, so that people can help find Dylan.

This has really gotten too confusing. He was or was not calling from the gas station, he was walking to meet his mother halfway as she went to the gas station, or he was walking 2 miles from the party to the gas station to meet his mother,etc. How in the world can they figure out where to search for this young man if he could be anywhere within a 2 mile radius when he became missing?

It is confusing but I think anyone who thinks the info is wrong should discuss it with the sheriff's office to get it changed and updated. Until then it becomes a rumor and just confuses those of us that want to help. For now, looking at the rumors is all we can do. I can say there are some interesting comments from a lady who appears to be trying to help them get organized to help find Dylan. I was thinking, does this lady post here lol :floorlaugh:? She seems like she knows what she is doing.

:( This doesn't sound good at all. Why get in a car if someone is on their way to pick you up? I wish their were some additional details.

And if did run into someone you know and they offer you a ride why not call your mom back and let her know there is a change of plans.

I take it back that the lady is being helpful at the Shoshone FB link :facepalm:. Not a good way to act with friends of the victim. I can't post what she is saying there but I hope she calms down. Looks like she is the sheriff took back control of their FB page:
Shoshone Sheriff's updated here 15 hours ago: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...64.19314.118968448153193&type=1&stream_ref=10

I am glad despite the rumorville, that police are doing the right thing.

I am local to this case. Dylan's mom made a heartwrenching plea asking for help in finding him on the news this morning (KHQ). Breaks my heart. In the tv news report, the reporter stated something to the effect that it took Dylan's mom just a few minutes to arrive at the gas station after his request. (just paraphrasing what I heard)

Here are some new photos of Dylan:
http://www.khq.com/story/24438863/deputies-in-shoshone-county-looking-for-missing-18-year-old

Slideshow on mobile:
http://tinyurl.com/kla4pm6

I am hoping that the cameras pick up on the license plate of the elusive car. LE is on top of it but I am curious. I know it has been discussed before but if your cell is going straight to voice mail can LE still look for pings? How many towers would there be in a rural area? There are 3 small towns in this area but Kellogg has that big resort so maybe there are more towers to accommodate?

Here's a terrain map; "A" marks the only gas station I could find, and 2 Mile Road runs up the valley to the north of it. Looks like some pretty steep grades on either side of the road, which would be likely to limit the direction of travel somewhat. Twomile Creek runs into the Coeur d'Alene River at the foot of 2 Mile Road:

9144616e-1355-4904-8911-4c30cc7f34b5_zpsf5e50e26.png

I am hoping that the cameras pick up on the license plate of the elusive car. LE is on top of it but I am curious. I know it has been discussed before but if your cell is going straight to voice mail can LE still look for pings? How many towers would there be in a rural area? There are 3 small towns in this area but Kellogg has that big resort so maybe there are more towers to accommodate?

BBM: The white car has been ruled out completely. LE has talked to them. This is per the Facebook page and reported by friends and family.

To summarize the information from there: Dylan hitched a ride TO the party in the white car. LE has talked to them and ruled them out.

er his sister, he is an impatient sort of person, so when he texted his mom to pick him up from the party house, he told her to just get him from the gas station as he figured by the time he walked there, she would be there. He texted with his sister and mother throughout the evening and spoke to them too and never seemed incredibly intoxicated, if at all.

The last activity on his phone was the text to his mother. The phone pinged on 2 mile road (the road he was walking to get to the gas station). The phone died or was shut off right after that (Verizon gave them the records).

Per another witness who arrived as Dylan was walking down the stairs, he started walking about 12:10. When this person left 10 minutes later and drove down 2 mile, he did not see Dylan walking at all. Other people have made that walk and states it takes roughly 10 minutes from the party location to the gas station.

So, basically something happened on that road as he was walking toward the gas station.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/233704413476124/

There was a very troubling comment posted on the help find Dylan page a few moments ago. It was only on there a couple of minutes before it was removed. I know we can't quote fb. I just hope what was said is being checked into.

So he was currently in the "challenge" program for At Risk Youth? Or he had very recently been in that program? It looks like it's kind of a boot camp type of thing.

Also, startling to see that Brianna Sue Cook was murdered in October at the very same house Dylan was last seen in . . . wow.

BBM: The white car has been ruled out completely. LE has talked to them. This is per the Facebook page and reported by friends and family.

To summarize the information from there: Dylan hitched a ride TO the party in the white car. LE has talked to them and ruled them out.

er his sister, he is an impatient sort of person, so when he texted his mom to pick him up from the party house, he told her to just get him from the gas station as he figured by the time he walked there, she would be there. He texted with his sister and mother throughout the evening and spoke to them too and never seemed incredibly intoxicated, if at all.

The last activity on his phone was the text to his mother. The phone pinged on 2 mile road (the road he was walking to get to the gas station). The phone died or was shut off right after that (Verizon gave them the records).

Per another witness who arrived as Dylan was walking down the stairs, he started walking about 12:10. When this person left 10 minutes later and drove down 2 mile, he did not see Dylan walking at all. Other people have made that walk and states it takes roughly 10 minutes from the party location to the gas station.

So, basically something happened on that road as he was walking toward the gas station.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/233704413476124/

I'm not sure he made it off the trailer's property.

I guess the road is called 2 miles. I got confused on that. Says it is a 10 minute walk from the trailer to the gas station. My question, the friend saw him head down the stairs, and then 10 minutes later drove down 2 mile and didn't see him. So could he have made it to the gas station? How far is Dylans house to the gas station? 10 minutes really could mean anything at that time of night. So strange to go missing in such a short amount of time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back