KY KY - Kimberly Abercrombie, 24, Augusta, 13 June 2013

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
img_36838_zps8a25ec4b.jpg

Search for missing Augusta mother continues

Holidays, birthdays and time have gone by, but the location of an Augusta wife and mother remains a mystery to her family...

"We told them it was not unusual for her not to be in contact with anyone for a week or two at a time; what we found unusual was (the friend) reported her missing just two days after not having contact with her, knowing how she was," Moore said. "When she still did not reappear after a month, we contacted police and said it was time to worry."

Kim's car was found at the park and pool at Johnsville along Kentucky 9 and was searched by Kentucky State Police after the missing report, Moore said.

Kim's husband was deployed in Afghanistan when she went missing. It sounds like she had some substance abuse issues and some legal issues, but she's somebody's mom and somebody's daughter. She needs to be found.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20765/0/

Per NamUs and the article above, Kim is 5'6" tall and 110 pounds, with short brown hair and brown eyes. She has multiple tats: a fairy covering her full back, Chinese lettering on her abdomen, a butterfly on her left ankle, her son's name on her left foot, and a teal cervical cancer ribbon on her left side.

The article also refers to Kim's Facebook page, but I haven't found it yet.

Thanks!

Hmm, just a month before she went missing, she posted a love letter to her husband. And she was working at a bar & grill across the river in Ripley, OH.

Thanks!

Hmm, just a month before she went missing, she posted a love letter to her husband. And she was working at a bar & grill across the river in Ripley, OH.

I saw that also.Very cute family. She seemed to post quite regularly before she went missing.

A year with no word: Family of Kimberly Rose Abercrombie awaits her return

It has been nearly a year since Kimberly Rose Abercrombie has been seen or heard from.

[snip]

Her family has kept a vigil, hoping for the best, yet fearing the worst may have befallen her.

Her family fears something dire may have happened, because Abercrombie would not have abandoned her young son.

http://www.maysville-online.com/new...cle_560e2b22-7e04-5fc3-b3ae-c4a9741c8af0.html

Family Searches For Answers In Disappearance Of Bracken County Woman

Nearly a year after she was reported missing, the family of a Bracken County woman continues to search for answers.

http://www.lex18.com/news/family-searches-for-answers-in-disappearance-of-bracken-county-woman

539a43fd5cea8.preview-699.jpg

Last Facebook post about a friend, seems a friend of hers had passed away. This post was 8days before she was last seen, if I did the math correctly

From May 23, 2013: "And hopefully tomorrow morning will be better than this morning when I woke up to find out someone sideswiped my car!! Thank God for full coverage!!"

May 16th, 2013: A year ago today I was unpacking in Tacoma, Washington missing my family and friends, thinking about what my new life was going to be like, worrying if Iade a good choice, and scared that my son might not like it there. But was happy to be able to see my boyfriend everyday day instead of only getting to text or call him. Now a year has gone by and I look back an realize it was the best one I ever made. I'm now married to an amazing wonderful man who loves my son and I will a bond no one can break. My son had has best man role model you could ever dream of and the feeling love for someone that you only find in the girlyest of movies. We've had our ups and downs, share of laughs and tears, and memories that will be never forgotten. I love you Nick with all my heart and soul, and if giving the chance to go back in time would have made the choice to have been with you the first time you asked me to move up there. CANNOT wait til your home and I get to be in your arms and sleep beside you every night. I'm so thankful to be your wife and lucky to have the chance to spend the rest of my life with you. I'm so blessed.

She was working at the Sunset Bar and Grill in Ripley, Ohio.

From May 10th, 2013 - this is interesting. Any ideas on who she's talking about? "[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Here I am again waking up in the middle of the night from a horrible dream. I hate this!!! It's the same dream I've had every night for the last week!!! I wish it would just GO AWAY!!!!! And I'm keeping the person that is the cause of my misery and torment as far away as possible !!!!!"[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]From May 16th, 2013 - what kind of relationship trouble was she having exactly? "[/FONT]Everyone hold your loved ones closer, avoid drama and meaningless fights! Look for hope when you feel like giving up, and stay true to your faith on the darkest of times. For god only gives you what he knows you can handle and you can make it thru!!"

It looks like that arrest may have just been for marijuana? If so that doesn’t necessarily equate with what I consider drug problems- like meth or opioids. But the “unspecified “ could indicate a harsher drug?
I wonder if there’s been any movement at all with this case?

Charley Project: Kimberly Rose Abercrombie – The Charley Project

abercrombie_kimberly_tattoo2.jpg
abercrombie_kimberly_tattoo.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Abercrombie was last seen in Brooksville, Kentucky on June 13, 2013. She left home, saying she'd return later. It's possible she was en route to the Cincinnati, Ohio area. She never returned and has never been heard from again. That same day, her car was found at the park and pool at Johnsville, along Kentucky 9 AA Highway. Her belongings, including her clothes and wallet, were inside it, but the keys were missing.

Abercrombie left behind a husband and a young son; her husband was deployed in the military at the time she was last seen. Since her disappearance, there have been unconfirmed reports that she overdosed on drugs and the people who were with her disposed of her body to avoid criminal charges. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance, which remains unsolved.

NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

1) If Kimberly was involved in the drug scene, is it possible that someone connected to that could have harmed her? Perhaps she owed someone money, threatened to tell on someone, etc?
2) Kimberly wrote that she is "now married to an amazing wonderful man who loves my son," indicating that said son was the result of a different relationship. Did it end amicably, or might that person have wanted to harm her for any reason, even maybe jealousy that she had moved on in life?

Assuming the 'park and pool' is a carpooling site, she could have met any stranger and hitched a ride - presumedly into the city.....from there, who knows?

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

If anyone claims to know any major case player in a discussion, they must be Verified by Websleuths in order to post inside information.

Please review this post about our Verification process ... why we have it and how to apply. Otherwise you are a regular member and as such must provide links to approved sources to what is stated as fact about the individual or the case under discussion.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan