What Do You Want to Know?: List Questions Here

Respectfully, that link didn't say that he had visited LA. That story has some problems, too. Her father denies that she was bipolar, but that does not seem to be in question.

I'm sorry, but there is no specific evidence that says she is bi-polar. I would presume that Elisa's father knows more about her than you or I.

As far as visiting LA - true, all we have is an article saying he was planning a trip soon to LA. Whether or not he made the trip, my point about him being unsatisfied with the LAPD's conclusion is still valid. Chances are, he made the trip. How would we know, it's not like he went there and told a bunch of journalists what he was up to.

Do we know yet what room Elisa was staying in? She might have even been in one of those rooms that have a fire escape outside the window. If she was, that would explain a lot.

Someone needs to get ahold of her parents or friends and figure out what happened between the 26th, when she landed in L.A. and the 28th, when she checked into the hotel.
One of her friends, Amanda, received a postcard which mentioned something that shocked her, but wouldn't go into detail with the press. We need to find out what was mentioned.

One thing Elisa wrote about before she left on her trip was she was planning things meticulously because she wanted to prove she was able to handle something like going on a trip. She, I believe (moo), might have taken her family's/parents' concern for them doubting her when they were simply worried for her in a normal way. But, Elisa wanted to do many things and this maybe felt like an obstacle to her. So, she tried to use planning to show she was grown up and careful.

She also called home daily.

If she wrote Amanda any great departure in plans from what she had told everyone she was going to do... that MIGHT be shocking pretty much no matter what it was.

This is speculation. Besides the fact Elisa wrote about planning and a little bit about her parents being worried.. I do not know the reality of the situation.

I feel she did love and get along with her parents. And I feel they loved and got along with her. But, it is normal for a young woman her age to want to explore the world a little bit and it is normal for parents (who have more life experience, after all) to be a little bit worried.

But, the planned out trip and the phone calls she made home were important. I am guessing Amanda knew all about that part.

Elisa dutifully made the phone calls from everything we have heard until she was no longer able to do so. R.I.P, Elisa.

Anyway, that is one thing that might be surprising..

Like going to a different city than was on her agenda.

She mentioned a Drive pilgrimage (Ryan Gosling movie). Maybe something to do with that?? I don't know where Ryan Gosling lives, but I assume no where around the Cecil Hotel. Maybe she was going to take one of those tours and go past his house or something like that?

All very relevant, this is why we're trying to get someone in LA to pursue the police report to answer these questions. OTOH, some of this may be answered if/when the family's court case against the Cecil gets heard.

All very relevant, this is why we're trying to get someone in LA to pursue the police report to answer these questions. OTOH, some of this may be answered if/when the family's court case against the Cecil gets heard.

I'm curious to know, are there any laws/obligations are for the LAPD to provide that information? Or is it a matter of people using their powers of persuasion... If I was LAPD, and seeing how ambiguous everything has been, I wouldn't want that info going public as I suspect it is very likely to highlight a number of flaws in their investigation.

Another question I have is why did LAPD release the video clip? They claimed it was because she looked different to her photos. Yet why release the whole elevator clip? Was there not a lobby camera which they could have taken a still from which would have provided a better quality picture - or even why not just use a still from the elevator footage? I don't see the logic behind it?

I'm new to the case & a question I have is whether Eliza could have been staying on the 14th floor? That would explain her being on the 14th floor in the lift.

I know people have said she was staying on the 4th floor & that the 14th Floor was for residents only, but I've read a review of the Cecil where travellers stayed there & when they got there they were allocated a room on the 14th floor without a private bathroom which they refused mainly due to the smell of smoke & cologne & they upgraded to a different room on the 8th floor.

I'm new to the case & a question I have is whether Eliza could have been staying on the 14th floor? That would explain her being on the 14th floor in the lift.

I know people have said she was staying on the 4th floor & that the 14th Floor was for residents only, but I've read a review of the Cecil where travellers stayed there & when they got there they were allocated a room on the 14th floor without a private bathroom which they refused mainly due to the smell of smoke & cologne & they upgraded to a different room on the 8th floor.

Elisa had a key card. This means she was in the Stay on Main section, not the Cecil hotel section (different floors in one building). The Cecil Hotel uses metal keys. She didn't have a metal key. She really was on the Stay on Main floors.

She also could not access any shared facilities like showers or bathrooms on the Cecil Floors. But, the Stay shared facilites were more up to date.

You can tell pretty much what part of the hotel a person is in by whether they had a key card or metal key.

this was another question I had... does the swipe card or the reader on the door keep a time log of when the room was accessed? this for obvious reasons would be of interest.

this was another question I had... does the swipe card or the reader on the door keep a time log of when the room was accessed? this for obvious reasons would be of interest.

this varies.

but, the way the keys are made is you program one each time a guest checks in for whatever room(s).

it would have to be the reader that kept the log if there was one.

Elisa had a key card. This means she was in the Stay on Main section, not the Cecil hotel section (different floors in one building). The Cecil Hotel uses metal keys. She didn't have a metal key. She really was on the Stay on Main floors.

She also could not access any shared facilities like showers or bathrooms on the Cecil Floors. But, the Stay shared facilites were more up to date.

You can tell pretty much what part of the hotel a person is in by whether they had a key card or metal key.

Thank you

Thank you for all the replies December!!!

I didn't realise autopsy said rapid drowning - does the autopsy say that her watch was in the tank but she was not wearing it? Falling into the tank and aspirating on the way in seems so unlikely when factoring in all her clothes are in there separately - for it to be accidental - she must have been butt nekked holding all her clothes and then managed to fall into the hole and get all the clothes into the hole also. It just seems so unfathomable.

As for rectal bleeding, did you have access to the autopsy? What did it say exactly? I would have thought this would have had to have been sustained while alive and also out of the tank (as loss of circulation + vasoconstriction from the temparature of the tank would have made bleeding unlikely?)

When I read about the bleeding, the possibility of sexual assualt was a concern for me... thinking about the reaction that may occur in that situation, there is that almost cliche response of sitting in a bath/shower in the fetal position and trying to 'cleanse' the body after that physical and psychological violation. If i was a victim of that sort of crime i would not want to be doing that in a public shower. Is it possible she was aimlessly wandering about the building, not knowing what to do, just not wanting to stand still? Once she got to the roof she threw the 'dirty' clothes into the tank and then feeling as though she was inadequately purged, she felt as though she needed to get in?

While the pressing all the buttons in the elevator might have some correlation with this, her facial expressions/movements seem more childlike/playful?

At a stretch, the only way I can possibly link that to the elevator footage is if as a result of the trauma she has shifted into an alter ego, perhaps a child like persona during the trauma to mitigate the situation :S :S :S It is a massive stretch...

Additionally, a lack of evidence of damage to her clothing could add weight against this (but not necessarily exclude it - she may have been strongly persuaded to remove the clothing prior to the fact and it was only afterwards the true gravity of the situation was felt)

With a better understanding of what the actual trauma was it might be simple to dismiss this. If not, again I would be curious to know what her other movements were on that night (ie lobby/elevator footage of when/where she entered the lifts and her state in that footage)

Re the 14th floor bathrooms being locked, i'm not sure... see

The "rapid drowning" comment on the autopsy helps clear up the hypothermia side of things. It also suggests that if someone else drowned her, it was likely to have been somewhere else - i think it would be near impossible to hold someone under from that hatch on the tank unless you have arms that are 5 feet long (enter alien conspiracy theorists :p)... Or is use of the word rapid just a filler? What distinguishes rapid drowning from a slow or regular speed drowning?

Re her living at home, i probably misinterpreted, i thought i picked up something on her tumblr that made me think she was living away from home?

Oh and were all her meds detected on the autopsy? One of the things I wasn't sure of was if nothing was detected because the testing was lacking sensitivity after that long...

Thank you again for taking the time to answer!

quote:
:I didn't realise autopsy said rapid drowning - does the autopsy say that her watch was in the tank but she was not wearing it? Falling into the tank and aspirating on the way in seems so unlikely when factoring in all her clothes are in there separately - for it to be accidental - she must have been butt nekked holding all her clothes and then managed to fall into the hole and get all the clothes into the hole also. It just seems so unfathomable.:

I snipped this long quote. I think your ideas are very thought provoking and plausible.

I believe drowning can happen rapidly (as in minutes, not hours) because of hypothermia. We also don't know if she was a good swimmer. It would lend a lot of weight to the suicide theory if we knew she was not. I too cannot fathom jumping in a dark hole probably understanding that your body will continue to fight for life automatically. If she knew she couldn't swim then it wouldn't be AS bad a way to go. I don't believe this was a suicide, btw. If you read my posts from today in the manner of death/elevator video threads, you can see what I'm leaning towards, if you care;) But just wanted to maybe help clarify...or not...or get people talking gain becuse I got here late, but I'm obsessed!:please:

I did glean from a tumblr entry that she DIDN'T need to wear glasses. It was under a picture of multicoloured horn rims and she commented that she would wear them EVEN THOUGH SHE DIDN'T NEED THEM

I did glean from a tumblr entry that she DIDN'T need to wear glasses. It was under a picture of multicoloured horn rims and she commented that she would wear them EVEN THOUGH SHE DIDN'T NEED THEM

Right. I was wondering about this. Where did we even get the idea that she couldn't see? I've seen posts that said she was "legally blind" ??? From what evidence?

Right. I was wondering about this. Where did we even get the idea that she couldn't see? I've seen posts that said she was "legally blind" ??? From what evidence?
In the elevator she was looking so closely at the buttons and wasn't wearing the glasses which she often wore

Here's a good question for the lot of you:

What do you make of her behaviour in the security video?

Pressing all the buttons, hiding, hopping, all of this seems very childlike, all seems very jovial. She also gladly speaks to whoever it is outside the elevator.

Also, is anyone going to pay attention to the 2:00 mark where she begins to mime swimming? Perhaps its something else and I'm just interpreting it that way because she died in a water tank. Ideas?

Pressing all the buttons, hiding, hopping, all of this seems very childlike, all seems very jovial. She also gladly speaks to whoever it is outside the elevator.

Also, is anyone going to pay attention to the 2:00 mark where she begins to mime swimming? Perhaps its something else and I'm just interpreting it that way because she died in a water tank. Ideas?

I interpret her behavior in 2 ways: either a person in a somewhat psychotic (for lack of a better word) state, and/or a person (young, mind you) who is simply acting goofy because she knows nobody is around (a hotel floor can be as desolate as an empty cave) and is almost celebrating her solitude. Personally speaking, I've done exactly what Elisa Lam is doing in this video, in one way or another (acting as if being followed, talking to myself, gesturing to no one, etc.). It's somewhat of a weak example, but the best one I can think right now: if you've ever gone camping alone for an extended period of time, you might better understand.

I agree that she seems jovial; she's even smiling in certain stills, if you look closely. She's happy and playful.

I never thought her movements as "swimming" at the 2 minute mark; that is an interesting observation. I've always interpreted them as her waving her hands indiscriminately in an attempt to trigger the elevator sensor, as she is completely at a loss for why the elevator will not move for her.

I don't know if I'm alone here, but to this day I can't help but wonder if that elevator did move while she was on it; if she hadn't pushed the door hold -- if the outcome would've been different. The thought alone breaks my heart.

If you go read the old 'main' threads at the bottom of this sub-forum, you'll find yourself in a vortex of opinions about the elevator video. That is definitely your best bet if you want to find the variety of viewpoints on the topic.

However, while the video is fascinating and creepy (which is probably the reason this case got so much attention prior to Elisa's body being found), analyzing it leads down endless rabbit holes of speculation and loose ends that basically obfuscate to the case without some kind of further supporting evidence.

The only thing the video really establishes is that she was alive at that time, her location at that time, and what she was wearing. Beyond that, her behavior can be interpreted endless ways, none of which have any real basis... except for one (again, purely my opinion): after lots of research and thought about the whole case over the last year, I think she was probably not interacting with anyone and was alone (meaning there was no one in hallway), and her behavior was consistent with mental illness. I think that theory is supported by the lack of evidence for any other explanation, her history mental illness, and the fact that her behavior and mannerisms were very consistent individuals experiencing a psychotic episode in the eyes of multiple mental health professionals.

It's a big can of worms that I'm not looking to open. I'm just throwing out that opinion since you asked, and referring you to the older threads if you haven't already perused them :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back