Identified! AZ - Yavapai Co., WhtFem 157UFAZ, 25-40, pregnant, Aug'95 - Name not found

I definitely think this needs a closer look. Good find.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/balsano_therese.html

This is an usual "missing person" report. The basic allegation is that this adult woman "ran away to join a cult". An adult woman obviously has a right to join a cult. What we do not know from the NAMPN report is who actually reported he missing and what was the outcome of any investigation the Yavapai County Sheriffs Office conducted?
Was she located at the Church of the New Endeavor in Clarkdale or was she missing from there?

The dentals of the UI indicate that she has tooth #16 where as the missing woman who you suggested did not.

Ah, thanks.

That's not necessarily a mismatch, though, because the tooth could have been pulled after she went missing. There's a four-month gap.

It had to have been pulled before she disappeared if it's in her missing report. You have it backwards, this reasoning works if the UID is missing teeth that the missing person had but not if the missing person has lost teeth that the UID has.

Debra Wilhite is said to have missing molars #14 and #16. The UID's dentals say she had lost 16 antemortem which would fit but she had fillings in 14 so she couldn't be a match even if the timeline allowed.

It had to have been pulled before she disappeared if it's in her missing report. You have it backwards, this reasoning works if the UID is missing teeth that the missing person had but not if the missing person has lost teeth that the UID has.

Debra Wilhite is said to have missing molars #14 and #16. The UID's dentals say she had lost 16 antemortem which would fit but she had fillings in 14 so she couldn't be a match even if the timeline allowed.

It took me ten minutes with pencil and paper diagramming the possibilities before I got it straightened out in my head and realized I did indeed have it backwards.

It took me ten minutes with pencil and paper diagramming the possibilities before I got it straightened out in my head and realized I did indeed have it backwards.

:floorlaugh: Sometimes some fresh air is warranted.

I really like Therese Balsano for this. Her height, age, hair colour match. She is missing from the same town that the UID was found in and she is pictured wearing a purple hair clip, which could be the same as the one found near the UID. She went missing 14 months before the UID was discovered. I think she looks quite a bit like the reconstruction too.

The only thing that doesn't fit is the pregnancy, but that could be fairly easily explained. The UID could have died as late as February 1995, which would fit if Therese fell pregnant soon after she left to join that religious group. Perhaps she had just discovered her pregnancy when she disappeared? The shock might have been the push that made her join that group? She could also have been as much as four/five months pregnant when she disappeared, without her loved ones being aware of it. If she was hiding her pregnancy, maybe the fact that she was beginning to show prompted her to seek sanctuary with a religious group?

When I was pregnant the first and second times, I hardly showed until I was around 18 weeks gone. Therese could have easily been the same, especially if she was a fairly slim body type.

Has Therese been formally put forward as a possible match?

Therese Balsano is an interesting possibility. The Church of the New Endeavor is essentially a Cult that operates out of the Dells Wisconsin that some sort of outpost in Clarksdle between 1992 and 1996. This "church" doesn't have a sinister reputation but people do tend to break with their families when they join and you can never tell with Cults.

For what it's worth, Balsano is a very rare name in the US but there is a Therese Anne Balsano of about the right age living in Florida today. She is not on the Charley Project or The Doe Network. Is she really missing?.

I'm curious about this too. She seems like a possible match, but someone with the same name is listed in her mother's obit in 2005 as living in Florida. That Therese Anne Balsano is listed as having previously lived in Wisconsin, which is where the Church was established according to the NAMPN listing. Although if they just added her, I guess she's still missing. :confused:

What do you guys think of Mary Pike? There's not a lot of info on her, but I think she resembles the recon and the stats seem to match up. She's from KY but apparently went to the Las Vegas area with a boyfriend in 1993 or 1994. Boyfriend later returned without her. It doesn't sound like her family knew where she was exactly, so perhaps they might not know if she was pregnant either.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pike_mary.html

I just can't image how this woman and her unborn baby can remain unidentified. This screams foul play...I hope this is resolved some day.

Ruleouts as of 23 January 2014:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Julie Grubaugh 1961 Arizona
Jodi Huisentruit 1968 Iowa
Dianna Vicari 1973 Arizona
Lisa Zochowski 1967 Arizona

What do you guys think of Mary Pike? There's not a lot of info on her, but I think she resembles the recon and the stats seem to match up. She's from KY but apparently went to the Las Vegas area with a boyfriend in 1993 or 1994. Boyfriend later returned without her. It doesn't sound like her family knew where she was exactly, so perhaps they might not know if she was pregnant either.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pike_mary.html

She fits all the parameters.

Here's a side by side.

Attachments

• Mary Pike and Yavapai JD.png
    Mary Pike and Yavapai JD.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 89
Would the fetal DNA be put into CODIS, and, if so, would it match with dad if he ever committed a crime and had to submit DNA?

Couldn't the exertion of hiking out there have caused her to go into labor, and then she had a medical emergency, like a breach? That might explain why her swimsuit was in a tree. Not that it brings us closer to a match, but I don't see the point of reaching for foul-play scenarios when there's no really good evidence.

Couldn't the exertion of hiking out there have caused her to go into labor, and then she had a medical emergency, like a breach? That might explain why her swimsuit was in a tree. Not that it brings us closer to a match, but I don't see the point of reaching for foul-play scenarios when there's no really good evidence.

Possibly she had an issue with blood pressure. Pre-eclampsia, I think it's called. Prehaps she went into labor while hiking...no water bottle mentioned, so she likely became dehydrated...went off the trail trying to find water...

I was one who walked while pregnant. I would walk up to eight miles at a time. Mostly through town, but sometimes on the hiking trails at the arboretum. I walked mile while in labor.

I wonder if she could have taken a cab to the trailhead.

The area was remote and the area where she was very difficult to reach, even for the more experienced hikers. LE never found any cars and no reports were made about missing pregnant women.

I wanted to reiterate my theory of her being some kind of secret pregnant mistress. She did not have a wedding band on her so she probably was not married. I think a 9 month married pregnant woman's disappearance would be as noticeable as that of a missing child.

I wanted to reiterate my theory of her being some kind of secret pregnant mistress. She did not have a wedding band on her so she probably was not married. I think a 9 month married pregnant woman's disappearance would be as noticeable as that of a missing child.

Your theory is entirely possible but it's also possible that she just couldn't wear it at that stage of pregnancy. Not only do you gain weight, sometimes there's additional bloating and water weight. I couldn't wear my wedding ring past about the seventh month in any of my pregnancies.

I do think it just about has to be some sort of domestic violence or neglect, though. As you say, it's usually noticeable when a pregnant woman goes missing.

Your theory is entirely possible but it's also possible that she just couldn't wear it at that stage of pregnancy. Not only do you gain weight, sometimes there's additional bloating and water weight. I couldn't wear my wedding ring past about the seventh month in any of my pregnancies.

I do think it just about has to be some sort of domestic violence or neglect, though. As you say, it's usually noticeable when a pregnant woman goes missing.

Plus if she were married, she probably would have notified everyone about it. It would be no secret. I also posted if the baby had any sort of defect. that could have been a motivation too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalloryK
Back