Justin Bieber Antics

according to radar online Justin has been supporting his father for years.

and I heard that his father was not in the picture much while he was growing up but once he hit it big, there he was all of a sudden.

with 'parents' like these who needs enemies.

DH and I used to stop there before heading home from our weekend theatre trips. The coffee was so hot - we couldn't drink it for 20+ minutes :eek:

It gets colder faster in the winter. :floorlaugh:

They do have the best coffee and always fresh though. :)

My observation only but it appears since his break up with Selena Gomez, he went downhill.

There are a lot of child and teen stars who don't become hot messes. I think the main cast of Harry Potter are great examples of that, because they grew up in the public eye, their names were known by millions of people, tons of fans, huge franchise, etc.

I love this.

Mackenzie Phillips: Laughing at Justin Bieber Trivializes His Situation

"You can't know what someone's thinking," she says. "It could be absolute fear and terror, especially if he was still under the influence of whatever he says he was under the influence of."

"You look at that mug shot, and you see he's smiling. But look in his eyes. There's fear there, I think."

"The more people that laugh and giggle and make fun of a wasted celebrity who's in handcuffs, the fewer people are going to go out and find recovery for themselves because that's where they get their nods for behavior, what people are going to make fun of," she says.

"The more we as a society make fun of people who are having severe difficulties and are abusing substances and alcohol, it trivializes a life-and-death battle that [some] people are going through."

And it's not okay just because he's a star, she adds.

"People say it's a Hollywood problem, but you know these are people's children, too," says Phillips. "And the prescription-drug epidemic problem is out of control. We just hear about it more when it's a Justin Bieber or a Lindsay Lohan … and I try to have some compassion."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20779446,00.html

I think the media is not helping. CNN is airing a special tonight. Justin Bieber's Wild Ride.

:banghead:

Exactly!

Leave the kids alone, why make it worse? They do not have childhoods or upbringings that we can appreciate. (And goodness knows, I did my fare share of teen and college years antics, if media watched I would not be alive now.)

Still wondering if we can end child celeb....

IIRC, so many child stars were getting ripped off by their parents and having, literally, no money when they turned 18 that California passed a law to prevent it. I believe that it makes parents put the brunt of their kids earnings into an account they can't access and the kid can't access until their 18.

;) Doesn't stop the 15 minutes and hot chicas or dudes, or the child giving a lot when you just keep saying yes. ;)

Now I know why Taylor Swift can't stand him.

He's a huge jerk who thinks he's God's gift to the world.

Oh for heaven's sake. What lies? JB admitted to drinking, smoking weed, and taking prescription meds. He was, indeed, behind the wheel and speeding. I see no lies here.

I do see a guy who thinks "protecting his kid" involves blocking a residential street at 4am so that his "kid" can drag race in a rented luxury sports car.

Gee, I guess I got the "protecting my kids" stuff wrong for the past twenty-four years :p

I agree. WHAT lies?!
I feel like his did is an enabler. Instead of trying to get his kid help, he goes on a Twitter rampage "defending his son."

He is, after all, a 19 year old boy. At 19 I made some of the biggest mistakes of my early adulthood... mistakes that I, however, used as learning opportunities. Part of being a young adult is learning you can indeed have TOO much fun- learning that you are NOT invincible and you ARE responsible for your own actions. I'm sure everyone here could agree with me in saying that.

The difference between Justin Bieber and your average 19 year old, as many have said, is privilege and an enabling entourage. This incident would cause a complete and total epiphany in any other 19 year old. Any other similarly aged non-celebrity in these circumstances would learn the very adult consequences of a DUI and pay out of their own pocket for court costs and legal fees. They would also realize how lucky they were to have only been arrested for their actions, rather than hurting an innocent human life whilst drunk driving. It's more than likely that after all was said and done, that individual would never become intoxicated and drive again, or get into any kind of legal scuffle, really.

Unfortunately, Justin will probably suffer a slap on the wrist, when what he really needs is a wake up call. It would do him serious good to receive a harsh punishment for his actions. As unrealistic (and impossible) as this idea is, I'd love to see his mom cut off his assets and make him get a minimum wage job to pay for his court costs and fees.

Furthermore, what I really can't wrap my mind around is why he would drink and drive if he has so much money. Yes, I understand that he was drag racing, but seriously?! Can you not hire someone sober to drive you around after your underage drinking?! He certainly has enough money to hire and use a driver on a regular basis. Heck, he has enough money to create his own private drag racing strip if he really wants (sober!) joyrides.

Apparently, money doesn't buy good friends- because anyone I would call a friend would never let me step behind the wheel of a car after smoking and drinking. I can only hope Justin begins necessary changes to turn his life around, beginning with the people he surrounds himself with. He needs to be around people who value his life and the lives of others over a 5 minute drag race in an expensive car. :twocents:

Unfortunately, Justin will probably suffer a slap on the wrist, when what he really needs is a wake up call. It would do him serious good to receive a harsh punishment for his actions. As unrealistic (and impossible) as this idea is, I'd love to see his mom cut off his assets and make him get a minimum wage job to pay for his court costs and fees.

SBM.
He did get a slap on the wrist. His bond was set at $2500. Which he had NO problems paying. To him, that was pocket change. He didn't sit in jail very long. Maybe a few hours at the least.

His punishment should have been way more severe. If it was anyone other than a celebrity, the repercussions would have been way more different. But alas, Justin paid his $2500 and was free to terrorize the streets once again.

Although I'm not entirely sure why...
I don't see any comparisons between the two.

Well MJ did like good looking young boys, just sayin'.

He is, after all, a 19 year old boy. At 19 I made some of the biggest mistakes of my early adulthood... mistakes that I, however, used as learning opportunities. Part of being a young adult is learning you can indeed have TOO much fun- learning that you are NOT invincible and you ARE responsible for your own actions. I'm sure everyone here could agree with me in saying that.

The difference between Justin Bieber and your average 19 year old, as many have said, is privilege and an enabling entourage. This incident would cause a complete and total epiphany in any other 19 year old. Any other similarly aged non-celebrity in these circumstances would learn the very adult consequences of a DUI and pay out of their own pocket for court costs and legal fees. They would also realize how lucky they were to have only been arrested for their actions, rather than hurting an innocent human life whilst drunk driving. It's more than likely that after all was said and done, that individual would never become intoxicated and drive again, or get into any kind of legal scuffle, really.

Furthermore, what I really can't wrap my mind around is why he would drink and drive if he has so much money. Yes, I understand that he was drag racing, but seriously?! Can you not hire someone sober to drive you around after your underage drinking?! He certainly has enough money to hire and use a driver on a regular basis. Heck, he has enough money to create his own private drag racing strip if he really wants (sober!) joyrides.

Apparently, money doesn't buy good friends- because anyone I would call a friend would never let me step behind the wheel of a car after smoking and drinking. I can only hope Justin begins necessary changes to turn his life around, beginning with the people he surrounds himself with. He needs to be around people who value his life and the lives of others over a 5 minute drag race in an expensive car. :twocents:

I don't know if you watch Judge Mathis at all, but his is an interesting story. He was a poor hoodlum growing up. If he got arrested and the cops called his mom she'd tell them "Good! Let him rot there!" She didn't coddle him in the slightest.

He eventually turned his life around and got a law degree and became a judge. He says he's thankful that his mother lived long enough to see him change for the better.

My mother told me she'd do the same thing if I were ever arrested. Fortunately, I never had to make her really think about it.

SBM.
He did get a slap on the wrist. His bond was set at $2500. Which he had NO problems paying. To him, that was pocket change. He didn't sit in jail very long. Maybe a few hours at the least.

His punishment should have been way more severe. If it was anyone other than a celebrity, the repercussions would have been way more different. But alas, Justin paid his $2500 and was free to terrorize the streets once again.

I forget where, but I think there's a country where tickets are based on income. Supposedly a very rich guy had to pay a $250,000 parking ticket or something like that.

Too bad Bieber wasn't from whatever country that law applies to, haha.

Check this out; http://www.gizmag.com/the-worlds-most-expensive-speeding-fine/14981/

The world's most expensive speeding ticket
By Jack Martin
May 4, 2010

...Some jurisdictions give the cars back after impounding them for a period of time, though in Holland, the car can be confiscated permanently and that's just what happened a few weeks back when a 20-year old who had borrowed his dad's car, was booked for doing double the speed limit – 160 kmh in an 80 kmh zone.

That was just far enough over the limit to permanently lose the vehicle he was driving, and win him the world record for the most expensive speeding ticket in history, even if it was effectively being paid by his father – he was driving pop's Bugatti Veyron worth EUR1.8 million!

As far as we can determine, the car is gone for good, and dad is no doubt having a few stern words with junior, despite dad's long term association with motorsport....

That article also mentions the countries who's speeding tickets are based on income.

IMO, the price of the car has little to do with it. It's the loss of a Veyron that's gotta hurt. Bugatti only made a limited number of them and they are very hard to get. Those who own them generally don't sell them. It's one of the ultimate status symbols.

(WARNING: FOUL LANGUAGE) This is just stupid/funny; http://jalopnik.com/5863531/man-intentionally-drove-22-million-bugatti-veyron-into-lake

When he was here in Australia he didn't think much of his fans. Was late to every performance. And I mean late. Some had paid big bucks for a meet before the show and he hadn't even arrived when the show was due to start.

When he was here in Australia he didn't think much of his fans. Was late to every performance. And I mean late. Some had paid big bucks for a meet before the show and he hadn't even arrived when the show was due to start.

I'm moving over the random thoughts and whatnot thread to finish the O/T stuff here.

May he become the new Danny Bonaduce of a new generation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back