British detectives fly to Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madeleine ​McCann to Jeffery ​Boucher: Web sleuths' quest for the missing

Anya Chand, an England-based writer, is one of the many amateur sleuths online who have followed the Madeleine McCann case since the British girl disappeared during a 2007 family vacation in Portugal. Chand has spent months pouring through 11,000 pages of case files online. (Jesse Tahirali/CBC)

The Websleuths topic thread on Boucher has more than 1,000 replies and over 60,000 views. Larger mysteries, like the disappearance of three-year-old Madeleine McCann, can generate hundreds of topic threads and more than one million views.
Mowat is part of an online community of amateur detectives. She and thousands of others spend their free time flipping through police reports, watching closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage and braving government databases of unidentified remains, trying to answer the most fundamental question surrounding every crime: "What happened?"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/madele...r-web-sleuths-quest-for-the-missing-1.2516726

:)

Ok so this has been bothering me. let's just say that all of the media hype about 3 burglars being suspected by SY is true (which I personally have pretty big doubts about in the first place). Wouldn't announcing this to the media tip them off and cause them to either hurt the Madeleine if she is still alive, or hide evidence otherwise, possibly even run? Just seems like it's one of those thinks they would want kept to minimum.

Assuming its true...
First running off would rather confirm they were involved, and they would become the most wanted men in the world. Where would they run to, nowhere in the eu, nowhere with an extradition treaty, what would they do for money etc. Its not easy to go off radar especially not from an eu country. Plus seven years on their circumstances might be different, they might be married to an unsuspecting wife and have children. Not exactly easy to up and leave without suspicision. And let's not forget if they went on the run there would be rewards for information on them, and it would be easier to search their property.

Then there is the issue if there being three of them. So each one knows one of the other two could crack and tell all. Not only that but whoever gets there first gets the chance to blame the others. Running off makes that even more likely.

They now have reason to think they could be being watched, followed accounts and phones tapped so its difficult to speak together.

And if madeleine is alive then she is the best bargaining chip of all as whoever breaks first can use that knowledge to try to secure a better deal for himself. A madeleine alive guarantees a better deal than a madeleine dead.

If the burglar theory is true then it may just be a case of letting them sweat until one breaks and turns the others in to help himself.

Is the driver one of the missing burglars or someone else altogether?

Is the driver one of the missing burglars or someone else altogether?

I interpreted as being a witness. I don't see how he can be a burglar. He was busy driving tourists back and forth from hotels to the airport.

Assuming its true...
First running off would rather confirm they were involved, and they would become the most wanted men in the world. Where would they run to, nowhere in the eu, nowhere with an extradition treaty, what would they do for money etc. Its not easy to go off radar especially not from an eu country. Plus seven years on their circumstances might be different, they might be married to an unsuspecting wife and have children. Not exactly easy to up and leave without suspicision. And let's not forget if they went on the run there would be rewards for information on them, and it would be easier to search their property.

Then there is the issue if there being three of them. So each one knows one of the other two could crack and tell all. Not only that but whoever gets there first gets the chance to blame the others. Running off makes that even more likely.

They now have reason to think they could be being watched, followed accounts and phones tapped so its difficult to speak together.

And if madeleine is alive then she is the best bargaining chip of all as whoever breaks first can use that knowledge to try to secure a better deal for himself. A madeleine alive guarantees a better deal than a madeleine dead.

If the burglar theory is true then it may just be a case of letting them sweat until one breaks and turns the others in to help himself.

If they are the real suspects and LE has definite proof they're involved, they would be on the Most Wanted. Their names would be mentioned but nothing of that sort implies these alleged burglars are even involved.

Heck we don't even know if they're Portuguese. As far as I know they didn't mention nationalities.

They are on to something. It appears it's not the M's. Still praying.

They are on to something. It appears it's not the M's. Still praying.

Do you think the bus driver, burglars, staff members and gypsies are all connected?

I suppose the burglars got the keys from the staff members, got into the mccann apartment snatched Madeleine, handed her over to the bus driver who drove her to the gypsy camp.

Do you think the bus driver, burglars, staff members and gypsies are all connected?

I suppose the burglars got the keys from the staff members, got into the mccann apartment snatched Madeleine, handed her over to the bus driver who drove her to the gypsy camp.

I am in no position to speculate at this point. I do believe it's about to all go down, and I think we will be surprised at who is involved.

If the M's do turn out innocent, I would feel like a complete *advertiser censored* if I crusaded against them. I made a mistake like that before, now I err on the side of caution, I'm not privy to enough ubiased factual information, I found that out the hard way.

post the link here and discuss it AS IS.

(no inuendo-no blogs-no extraneuous talk- NO RUMOR)

links only folks and that means current links. Not links to blogs or talk shows or the case files that can be found peppered in this forum: this thread is for current breaking news. It will be locked until we see something happen. If anyone happens to see anything occur alert this thread and it will be opened for CURRENT DISCUSSION. (not past and that would include bashing the PARENTS)

bumping this up

I am in no position to speculate at this point. I do believe it's about to all go down, and I think we will be surprised at who is involved.

If the M's do turn out innocent, I would feel like a complete *advertiser censored* if I crusaded against them. I made a mistake like that before, now I err on the side of caution, I'm not privy to enough ubiased factual information, I found that out the hard way.

The only surprise would be if it's not burglars, bus driver, hotel staff or gypsies IMO. Otherwise why would there be any surprises? We've been fed the same theories for 7 years....well except the mini bus driver. That's a first for me.

If all these perps are connected and involved the question remains. Why Madeleine? Not that I want harm done to any child but why did they target Madeleine ?

If all these perps are connected and involved the question remains. Why Madeleine? Not that I want harm done to any child but why did they target Madeleine ?

Why wouldn't Madeleine be targeted if people were looking to target a child, same with the flat. It was in a block that had already had two break ins in just two weeks, it had unlocked patio doors, was unlit with bushes giving seclusion, the front door and window faced an emptyish dark car park, and it was right next to the road.

Why any victim though?

Maybe perverts like the looks of little girls like Maddy.. She is beautiful child.

Assuming its true...

The problem is, we're being asked to believe that SY has announced, or allowed to be leaked to the media, that they're looking to obtain a search warrant on these people's properties, before they've secured and executed that search warrant. It does rather stretch credulity.

The problem is, we're being asked to believe that SY has announced, or allowed to be leaked to the media, that they're looking to obtain a search warrant on these people's properties, before they've secured and executed that search warrant. It does rather stretch credulity.

Thats just it, its all media speculation. Given the previous break ins its fairly obvious the police are going to look at that possibility, and scotland yard said they were on crime watch. And on crime watch it was announced that the person of interest count had increased by three. So I suspect thats what the media have used. They take something obvious and make it much bigger than it is because they know it sells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie