GUILTY WI - Kayden Powell, 4 days, Beloit, 6 Feb 2014

It's not his relative. It's the moms relative. (step sister) You can figure her out I think on moms FB page... she calls her lil' sis.

I don't believe that the person you are thinking of (initials EV) is actually her sister at all.
She does not have Brianna listed in her family at all, much less as her sister.
Brianna also does not have her listed under family either.

I am also pretty sure that girl is a minor, under the age of 18.

Her father is also NOT friends with Brianna at all which would be odd if they shared a father.

It is important to remember that many unrelated people call each other "Lil Sis" and "Lil Bro". :twocents:

:waitasec:

Brianna and this woman share a father basically. (Half sisters or step sisters.)
Like my half sisters and I share a father.

This is either her father's daughter with another woman, or her father's stepdaughter.
It was worded to be as complicated as humanly possible! It's really quite simple. :facepalm:

Brianna and this woman share a father basically. (Half sisters or step sisters.)

This is either her father's daughter with another woman, or her father's stepdaughter.
It was worded to be as complicated as humanly possible! It's really quite simple. :facepalm:

:biggrin:

TOWN OF BELOIT (WKOW) --- The Town of Beloit Police Chief tells 27 News a person of interest in the disappearance of 5-day-old Kayden J. Powell has been taken into custody in West Branch, Iowa.

The Police Chief tells 27 News the woman, Kristin Smith, was arrested in connection to a fraud warrant out of Texas. Smith has not been charged in the disappearance of Kayden, who is still missing at this time.

http://www.wkow.com/story/24650959/2014/02/06/town-of-beloit-police-search-for-missing-4-day-old-boy

MsF, you seem to know a lot about cases like this. In some of the other cases that you've seen of baby abductions involving relatives, what were the turn outs? I know each case is different, but I guess I'm trying to get some sort of statistical figure here if a relative (and female relative) is more likely to keep the baby alive or not. TIA.

eta:
Some thoughts: could this abductor have thought the baby would not be safe in this household for some reason?
Or did this woman want a baby for herself (either to raise or sell)?
Or was she trying to hurt her sister?

Right, so the missing child's aunt, either by marriage or blood. (if she is telling the truth about who she is) I watched the interview with Brianna's mom, and she talks about this woman, says the woman 'says' she is Brianna's sister but grandma 'doesn't know this girl at all'. Hoping this is a case of this woman wanting a baby and telling tales to get close to a pregnant woman, stealing baby and will now lead them to where an alive baby is since she has been arrested.

Hoping Kayden is found safe and sound......

Thanks for all the updates and posts.

Gosh, so awful. Can you imagine? You have a baby and someone steals him/her! That has got to be the worst pain the world. :(

Come home safe little guy! We are all rooting for you!!!!

I don't believe that the person you are thinking of (initials EV) is actually her sister at all.
She does not have Brianna listed in her family at all, much less as her sister.
Brianna also does not have her listed under family either.

I am also pretty sure that girl is a minor, under the age of 18.

Her father is also NOT friends with Brianna at all which would be odd if they shared a father.

It is important to remember that many unrelated people call each other "Lil Sis" and "Lil Bro". :twocents:
I'll go back and check the initials. The one I'm talking about was in her 20's. not a minor. Also married.

Town of Beloit Police Chief Steve Copp confirms Smith told authorities about the plan to move to Colorado with Marshall, Bruce Powell and young Kayden Powell.

Copp also confirms articles of baby clothing were with Smith, but Kayden was not. He says FBI agents are en route to Iowa to speak with Smith.

Chief Copp confirms Kristin Smith left the Town of Beloit home where Marshall, Bruce Powell and Kayden Powell were staying in the early hours of Thursday morning, before the parents reported Kayden missing.

http://www.wkow.com/story/24650959/2014/02/06/town-of-beloit-police-search-for-missing-5-day-old-boy

So she is talking if she confirmed the possible move? What is she talking about?
She left Wisconsin to return to Colorado and they arrested her in Iowa without Kayden...
I so hope she didn't take him and if she did I hope she has accomplices! :please:

MsF, you seem to know a lot about cases like this. In some of the other cases that you've seen of baby abductions involving relatives, what were the turn outs? I know each case is different, but I guess I'm trying to get some sort of statistical figure here if a relative is more likely to keep the baby alive or not. TIA.

There are exceptions to every rule but newborns are generally abducted to keep them alive.
Family members (unless there are drugs, mental illness or revenge involved) also tend to keep them alive.

Generally in these cases it's either a family member abducting the baby... or a parent killing the baby.
My point was that in THIS case I believe it's a family member who abducted him...
And yes, that obviously gives me more hope than if the parents were involved.

Make sense? :seeya:

Of course... I am getting a bit nervous with the arrest and no Kayden. Hoping for accomplices. :please:

I'm pretty sure this girl IS listed on Brianna's facebook as her sister. :twocents:

http://www.wkow.com/story/24650959/2014/02/06/town-of-beloit-police-search-for-missing-5-day-old-boy

However, I'm not going to link it because I have no way to verify it's her.

Interview with baby's maternal grandmother:

http://www.wqow.com/story/24651483/2014/02/06/4-day-old-infant-missing-in-wisconsin

The interview with the grandmother broke my heart :( She's wiping her eyes with the baby afghan...

This is heartbreaking. Please let him be safe.

TOWN OF BELOIT (WKOW) --- The Town of Beloit Police Chief tells 27 News a person of interest in the disappearance of 5-day-old Kayden J. Powell has been taken into custody in West Branch, Iowa.

The Police Chief tells 27 News the woman, Kristin Smith, was arrested in connection to a fraud warrant out of Texas. Smith has not been charged in the disappearance of Kayden, who is still missing at this time.

http://www.wkow.com/story/24650959/2014/02/06/town-of-beloit-police-search-for-missing-4-day-old-boy

BBM

Her arrest didn't have anything to do with Kayden going missing. They ran her and a warrant out of Texas showed up. . .SOP.

ETA- Just saw the post above about her leaving WI and the baby clothes. Maybe she does know something. The warrant out of Texas worked out nicely, because they have a reason to hold her now.

I hope Kayden is ok. :(

Then why did the police call her a person of interest if it isn't connected?
She left the house shortly before the baby was noticed missing... that's connected.

Unless the parents went to bed AFTER she left and Kayden was still there...
Even then she could have come back. But I hope she is unconnected, since she doesn't have Kayden.

It is only 3 hours from Beloit to where she was arrested.
Why didn't she make it further if she left in the middle of the night to drive back to Colorado?

https://www.google.com/maps?saddr=B...CcxCxVwgFKA&oq=west+branch,+ia&t=h&mra=ps&z=8

BBM

Her arrest didn't have anything to do with Kayden going missing. They ran her and a warrant out of Texas showed up. . .SOP.

ETA- Just saw the post above about her leaving WI and the baby clothes. Maybe she does know something. The warrant out of Texas worked out nicely, because they have a reason to hold her now.

The reason they ran her was because they were looking for her in relation to Kayden. The warrant just gives them a reason to hold her/question her.

Then why did the police call her a person of interest if it isn't connected?
She left the house shortly before the baby was noticed missing... that's connected.

Unless the parents went to bed AFTER she left and Kayden was still there...
Even then she could have come back. But I hope she is unconnected, since she doesn't have Kayden.

It is only 3 hours from Beloit to where she was arrested.
Why didn't she make it further if she left in the middle of the night to drive back to Colorado?

https://www.google.com/maps?saddr=B...CcxCxVwgFKA&oq=west+branch,+ia&t=h&mra=ps&z=8

I'm agreeing with you. I didn't see the later post about her leaving and the baby clothes. I just thought POI meant she was in the home that night and was brought in for questioning when they learned of the Texas warrant.

Obviously, there is more to it than that.

BBM

It's pretty standard tactic on the part of LE to find an old warrant or minor charge to arrest a person on when they suspect them of a serious crime but don't have evidence to hold them on.

Is Kristin and Katelyn sometimes used as the same names.

Brianna has a FB friend named Katelyn with the same last name as the POI in custody.

Is Kristin and Katelyn sometimes used as the same names.

Brianna has a FB friend named Katelyn with the same last name as the POI in custody.

I believe the POI is listed as Briannas sister on FB, initials KS

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa