Identified! MI - Detroit, WhtFem UP8272, 18-20, in garbage dump, recent childbirth, Feb'87 - n/a

Capoly,
I'm just wondering. The contact that you have, she knows the coroner and knows of the dentals in this case? Because the girl I mentioned had gold caps on the backs of her teeth..and the UID had "one filling". The way the UID is described; it sounded like it was just a molar or something that was filled previously. The comparison in my head doesn't make sense. But I'd like to submit her for comparison too, if they say that there's dentals on file.

Capoly,
I'm just wondering. The contact that you have, she knows the coroner and knows of the dentals in this case? Because the girl I mentioned had gold caps on the backs of her teeth..and the UID had "one filling". The way the UID is described; it sounded like it was just a molar or something that was filled previously. The comparison in my head doesn't make sense. But I'd like to submit her for comparison too, if they say that there's dentals on file.

Contact was via Erica Franolich's case.....had come upon the preview notes of reporter Justin Mason. By the time I finished reading etc felt capable enough to make contact/ask re rule-out. Response was right quick.

It is a tough call re submitting for comparisons when there appears to be an obvious difference. For 4+ years I trusted the information on official records for a missing person....only to find out last year through a DNA match that the UID determined to be Elizabeth, who was of the black race, had been listed as of the white race. She was deceased a little over a week when located. Her hair had an ethnic texture, it was summer so her natural dark skin was deepen by a tan. Must have read the records of the UID at least 100 times.....but right from the start...for whatever friggin reason...she was stated to be white so we did nothing. It was not a good feeling for had her race been correct...or even listed as unknown...she would have been home some 4 years earlier at the max.

So...is tough call...go with gut...

Admittedly, I just skimmed it, but that last one is weird!

I was sold on Gail being our UID until the bloody saw was mentioned.

Read again the article which mentions bloody saw.....snip from it:

"Less than a month after her disappearance, Mr. Northington was arrested on perjury charges after he lied in court during a custody battle over their son. The parents were suing for custody to get the child away from Mr. Northington.

Michael B. Davison was the lead investigator for the Monroe County Sheriff's Office and arrested Mr. Northington at his home. Earlier, Mr. Northington's van was examined but it had been washed and bleached. Gail's car eventually was found abandoned in a parking lot in Toledo. A bloody hacksaw blade was found at the home."

The way it reads the bloody hacksaw was found after Northington was arrested for perjury charges. Makes no sense...he washes/bleaches his van....there is no mention of blood found in the house...and he was clever enough to be rid of her body right quick and in such a way that 25+ years down the line she is still missing.....yet for 2-3 weeks he leaves a bloody hacksaw blade in the home. Weirder...

That and it never said what happened to their son. I assume he was adopted out to family members. And it's almost like if it WAS this UID that was Mrs.N with her brother being LE it would have been the biggest elephant in the room. There'd be no way that this body would just surface and no one questions if it's her or not? If they're sure she'd been dismembered and scattered then I guess that would be an automatic rule out. But hey..nothing better than this for a seedy-city true crime story huh? JMO

The son was adopted by the police officer brother. Don't know what to make of her case. But really want to find a photo of her....the no stone un-turned thing and.... as of this time....she is the only missing person I've found that fits the infant aspect re UID.

I'd have to say probably not. But not so sure. I lived in the suburbs of Detroit until I was 18 years old..early 2001-ish and my city and surrounding cities garbage was taken to a landfill just south of 8 mile rd in Detroit.

This look familiar at all, jenstar?

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/1550+Harper+Ave,+Detroit,+MI+48211/42.4469542,-83.0947077/@42.4095478,-83.0885327,12z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x8824d2f1f6818921:0xe91428bc1bc45e58!2m2!1d-83.052059!2d42.370947!1m0!3e0

Nope, not at all. I wonder how long it's been in operation, because I'd never been there. We'd taken all our stuff to the 8 mile dump as it was only a few miles from our house. (We'd pay to throw out big items).

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mulhern_doris.html

Doris Lavonne Mulhern

Mulhern was last seen at the Stevenson Motel at in the 33300 block of Pacific Highway south in King County, Washington on March 12, 1987. She has never been heard from again. At the time of her disappearance, she was a prostitute and had a very high-risk lifestyle. She is originally from Michigan and had traveled to Washington with her boyfriend. Few details are available in her case. Authorities believe Mulhern may have been the victim of a serial killer.

Clothing/Jewelry Description: A black leather jacket, blue jeans with the word "baby" stitched in pink thread on the back pocket, and white sneakers.

mulhern_doris.jpg

I am thinking that the UID is not this woman-the description had the UID still lactating at least 2 months post partum, and I don't think a prostitute would still be nursing a baby months later-I could be wrong though

Sherri Swims August 19, 1986

I posted this in 80"s missing and they said bring it over here for some opinions

http://icaremissingpersonscoldcases....a#.U1lvxeZdV9I

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11914/1/

Could this possibly be her ? I am looking though Michigan unidentified . I wish the denatal info was there

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8272

UP 8272 is not Sherri Swims. Sherri had full dentures.

This Jane Doe had "good oral hygene" and one filling (though the exact details aren't public).

If the episiotomy was a healed scar, but she was lactating I think they are spot on with the 2 month - 1 year estimate of when she gave birth. Also mentioned is good muscle tone so I would be inclined to believe it had at least been several months. If she had given the child up for adoption, the milk would have dried up within days of giving birth.

I'm inclined to think more of an abusive husband and somewhere there is a child that was told its mama just up and left one day.

agree with this. some abusers keep their mates "homely" and some give constant pressure to look perfect... and put them down about how ugly they are. im thinking her mate was probably quite "pretty boy" and "mr. nice guy" to those around him but a monster behind closed doors. possibly older than her. chose a young pretty mate and kept her dolled up but put her down. and eventually killed her.

Even though she was quite thin it also said she had a lot of muscle tone.

When I think of a woman who has just (Okay, within a year) given birth, that is tan, well groomed, and has good muscle tone, and a brand new fashionable and expensive looking haircut, I think of someone who's way of life is dependant on how she looks, like a model, actress, or even a trophy wife. Or at least someone who really cared about how they looked.

Her stats just don't strike me as someone who was held against her will or homeless.

nope me either. she prob started working out right after birth because good old hubby told her to hurry up and lose the baby weight, fat *advertiser censored*. this is just how i saw this going. poor girl :(

I have not posted here before, but I have found someone that I think may be a potential match for this girl. She went missing in Michigan in 1981, her name is Dean Marie Pyle Peters. Her DOE network page is here - http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/8dfmi.html.

Welcome! Dean has a pretty active thread here. It sounds like authorities believe she was murdered back in 1981.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Pyle-Peters-13-Grand-Rapids-5-Feb-1981/page5

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/peters_dean.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back