Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #20 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justice for Sierra in 2014!

I am elated with the news of the indictment. Considering I think AGT is guilty, the day he is put on death row or in general population in a state prison can't come soon enough.

Thank you God! This is almost 2 years overdue. Now where is Sierra? No more delays AGT... it may be a long shot but I hope this gets him talking fast!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk

Good point!

AGT may change his "talking points" in his little chats with LE now...:scared:

I hope...

Wonder if something was found in recent water searches that prompted the indictment?

One thing that has always bothered me.. When AGT was first arrested, his wife/partner/baby mama (not sure what she is officially speaking) went on a facebook rant about Sierra, suggesting she had some sort of affair with AGT and calling her all sorts of unsavoury names. Does anyone else remember this and have any thoughts? Or am I going crazy and imagining things?

Criminal Grand Jury indicts suspect in murder of Sierra LaMar

Posted: 4:32 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2014

Smith said no blood was found in the car or on her clothing, and investigators did not have a murder weapon or a motive as of Wednesday.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/prosecutors-release-grand-jury-indictment-sierra-l/ndLTP/

Sounds to me like they have the right guy but not a whole lot of evidence. Can he be convicted because of his DNA being found on her clothing and the fact he bought bleach and a turkey baster? Although it seems likely she was harmed or killed, can it be proved without a reasonable doubt without a body, blood evidence or a murder weapon? Definitely not an expert on these things by any means but I really hope the prosecution has enough evidence when this goes to trial.

Poor Sierra. :(

Such good news at last. Looking forward to the trial whenever it happens.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/prosecutors-release-grand-jury-indictment-sierra-l/ndLTP/

Sounds to me like they have the right guy but not a whole lot of evidence. Can he be convicted because of his DNA being found on her clothing and the fact he bought bleach and a turkey baster? Although it seems likely she was harmed or killed, can it be proved without a reasonable doubt without a body, blood evidence or a murder weapon? Definitely not an expert on these things by any means but I really hope the prosecution has enough evidence when this goes to trial.

This makes me very nervous too. I am hoping the DNA was at least semen, then he would have to explain how i got there and admit he was the last one to see her and her clothes. HOPING. There is NO body and as far as what is in the msm - there is no crime scene or blood.

One thing that has always bothered me.. When AGT was first arrested, his wife/partner/baby mama (not sure what she is officially speaking) went on a facebook rant about Sierra, suggesting she had some sort of affair with AGT and calling her all sorts of unsavoury names. Does anyone else remember this and have any thoughts? Or am I going crazy and imagining things?

Yep, sure do remember. It is my hypothesis that the angels whispered in their ears so loudly and relentlessly that they finally provided some much needed information to LE.

I surround them with love and prayers for doing the right thing. God Bless them for their courage and righteousness.

My opinion only.

She disparaged her but didn't make any accusations that she had known him or had a relationship. She called her names - IMO because she knew he had "cheated" on her with Sierra. Sierra is a much more attractive but similar looking girl. She knew without knowing IMO.

No blood or weapon found...

However... In the Discovery (released recently) there was reference to "rope"...

Could rope have been used as means to murder... But not specifically labelled a weapon?

I really don't know...just trying to make some sense of all this...

JMO

What about those Safeway assaults, wasn't he forensically linked to those women? I suppose the DA would not be able to bring any of that into the case, too prejudicial. Certainly would speak to motive in Sierra's case!!

Also, his Father was convicted of sexually molesting AGT's sisters. Would it be so terribly far-fetched to think that AGT had some "issues" of his own?

She disparaged her but didn't make any accusations that she had known him or had a relationship. She called her names - IMO because she knew he had "cheated" on her with Sierra. Sierra is a much more attractive but similar looking girl. She knew without knowing IMO.

I agree.

No blood or weapon found...

However... In the Discovery (released recently) there was reference to "rope"...

Could rope have been used as means to murder... But not specifically labelled a weapon?

I really don't know...just trying to make some sense of all this...

JMO

Interesting, first I've heard of a rope but it makes sense. I always thought it was most likely strangulation or asphyxiation type murder. The sheriff's department seems pretty confident so I'm hoping they have much more evidence they are keeping secret to protect the investigation.

Since it's been stated no blood was found in the car I wonder if we can finally rule out the wood chipper rumor. I guess blood doesn't necessarily mean brain matter but I've always hoped that story was false.

Definitely remember this. I always took it as a jealous rant about AGT possibly being liked to another young, pretty girl. I don't think the comments have much weight to them but who knows exactly what AGT's close family and friends really know about what happened to Sierra.

Morgan Hill police tell ABC7 News that Garcia-Torres' arrest has now re-opened three assault cases at the two Safeways in Morgan Hill three years ago. In one incident, the suspect used a stun gun. In another, he used a knife. Police say Garcia-Torres' DNA links him to at least one of the attacks. At the time, police released a sketch of the suspect in which the resemblance to Torres is uncanny. The family doesn't believe he committed those previous assaults.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8672894

I cannot link it here, but I have saved the facebook thing, in case it ever became relevant.

It is in the main Case Archive (currently on page 9-10).
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Sierra%20LaMar%20%20-CA-#/user/crankycrankerson/library/Sierra%20LaMar%20%20-CA-?sort=6&page=1&_suid=139233522758100205401368262616

There was not much support for her spew.

Just received a text message from a friend in the court room. Not guilty plea entered. Trial date to be set next month. Expect MSM confirmation shortly.

ETA:
Sierra LaMar defendant pleads not guilty to murder

Sierra LaMar defendant pleads not guilty to murder

By Tracey Kaplan
tkaplan@mercurynews.com
Posted: 02/13/2014 02:00:20 PM PST | Updated: 52 min. ago

SAN JOSE -- Nearly two years after teenager Sierra LaMar disappeared on her way to a Morgan Hill bus stop, the man accused of killing her pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges that could put him in prison for life or result in his execution.

Antolin Garcia-Torres, 22, also waived his right to a speedy trial within 60 days -- meaning his trial could be months or even years away, given the complexity of the case and gravity of the charges. He was indicted earlier this week by a criminal grand jury and is now charged with the kidnapping and killing ofSierra, who vanished March 16, 2012.

The courtroom was packed with Sierra's family and friends, all wearing red Converse shoes -- the girl's favorite. Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Thang Nguyen Barrett sealed the grand jury transcript and set an April 16 hearing to decide whether to keep it sealed and to set a trial date.

(snip)
Garcia-Torres appeared in court wearing a brown suit, his hair neatly slicked back. He glanced at Sierra's supporters, then turned away for the rest of the 15-minute hearing.

District Attorney Jeff Rosen is still weighing whether to pursue the death penalty and has yet to even receive a recommendation from his death review committee.

(snip)
However, it is not uncommon for defense attorneys to find ways to stall in hopes that witnesses' memories will fade.

Boyd exercised his discretion to bypass a preliminary hearing and take the case to the grand jury instead.

(snip)
Rumors abound that Garcia-Torres will seek a change of venue on the grounds that he cannot get a fair trial because of intense publicity about the case. However, the last time a change of venue was granted in Santa Clara County was in 1980, when the county population -- and thus the jury pool -- was smaller. That's when the so-called San Jose Cheese Company murder trial involving the local Mafia was moved to Los Angeles County.
[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/20140213_043342_ssjm0214torres06_300_zps19ccf307.jpg.html][/URL]
(image caption: Mary Doerring wears a Sierra LaMar ribbon to the arraignment of Antolin Garcia-Torres who pleaded not guilty to murder at Santa Clara County Superior Court in San Jose, Calif. on Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014. Garcia-Torres had been indicted earlier this week by a Santa Clara County Superior Court grand jury in connection with the alleged murder-kidnapping of missing Morgan Hill teen, Sierra LaMar. Garcia-Torres was arrested on May 21, 2012, two months after Sierra LaMar's disappearance. Doerring has been part of the search team for Sierra LaMar. (Gary Reyes/Bay Area News Group) (Gary Reyes)

Much More@Link

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_25135697/sierra-lamar-defendant-pleads-not-guilty-murder

Latest update from close friend at courthouse is that the next hearing is to set the trial date (for potentially next year) and to hear a motion to seal the Grand Jury testimony. April 16th @ 1:30 p.m. #JusticeForSierra :heartbeat:

Thanks for the updates regarding AGT's ongoing hearings, Kimi...

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members