British detectives fly to Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answers in bold

:banghead:
The bang head is rude.

There was confusion over which was front and back door on the part of the pj. In one statement they even have a reference to the mccanns using a side door!

Gerry mccann referred to using the patio door in his first statement.

Of course there was paraphrasing, look at the unnatural speech pattens. Its not a word for word exact transcript of gerry mccanns own words. Its an amateur translation of the PJs wording of the interpretors wording of what she thought gerry said.

The pj and Scotland yard don't seem to care about what the online statement says.

Not the person who put it up on the net. Pj released the portuguese versions, they did not provide English translations. This is an amateur translation. In one of the previous guests statements it is stated the man bled for forty five minutes, but it may well be a mistake and is meant to be four to five minutes.

And I'm not sure the interpret or was a professionally qualified one, I know the pj used locals like murat as interpreters despite the fact they had no qualifications, I'm not sure if they bothered with professionals at the station.

Interpretors are not the same as translators either one is trained for the spoken word the other the written word.

Where can I get the Portuguese version? My SIL is Portuguese. I can have her translate.

See clutchbags post

Clutchbags post is incorrect and the times stated the mccanns had not suppressed them. Handing over the e.fits to scotland yard, yeah highly suspicious, just what people who wanted to keep information hidden would do hand it over to the police investigating the case.

The bang head is rude.

There was confusion over which was front and back door on the part of the pj. In one statement they even have a reference to the mccanns using a side door!

Gerry mccann referred to using the patio door in his first statement.

Of course there was paraphrasing, look at the unnatural speech pattens. Its not a word for word exact transcript of gerry mccanns own words. Its an amateur translation of the PJs wording of the interpretors wording of what she thought gerry said.

The pj and Scotland yard don't seem to care about what the online statement says.

Isn't the front door where the steps are? Are you seriously saying the police did not know the difference between patio doors and a front door?

Clutchbags post is incorrect and the times stated the mccanns had not suppressed them. Handing over the e.fits to scotland yard, yeah highly suspicious, just what people who wanted to keep information hidden would do hand it over to the police investigating the case.

Again it's how one interprets the information. This was already discussed. All I know is the efit has not been brought up since October even with the thousands of calls they received. Maybe they found the guy. Who knows.

Since there are hundreds, if not thousands, of us who post on this board, why did not a one of us see those efits until a few months ago? Someone was sitting on those. We knew about the Smith sighting years ago, right after Madeleine disappeared.

mccanns spokesman said at the time they didn't release them because it would be too expensive for them to follow another line of enquiry, they wanted to concentrate on the Jane Tanner sighting (who saw a pair of legs) as opposed to the Smith family sighting who saw a nr 4 year old blonde girl matching Madeleine's description! great logic.

How expensive would it have been to just put those efits on their website? ARGUABLY the best lead they had- a man with a child in the right/wrong place at the right/wrong time, minutes after Madeleine disappeared, and they didn't think it would make sense to put the picture on their website?

I know what I think.

Yes you are correct you did miss something, you missed the word may, they may have tried to kidnap another child.

Why are people so certain that Roma can't work? There is no reason why Roma might be employed by the ocean club, and they are just as likely as anyone else to be burglars so no reason to claim it can't be them. Especially given that later burglaries in the area ended with arrests of Roma men, and we have now seen that in parts of Europe Roma have made illegal adoptions of foreign children. For all we know madeleine could have been given to a Roma family to look after by a scared burglar, and they were too frightened to come forwards when they realized she was a kidnap victim.

What did they do with her?

Since there are hundreds, if not thousands, of us who post on this board, why did not a one of us see those efits until a few months ago? Someone was sitting on those. We knew about the Smith sighting years ago, right after Madeleine disappeared.

mccanns spokesman said at the time they didn't release them because it would be too expensive for them to follow another line of enquiry, they wanted to concentrate on the Jane Tanner sighting (who saw a pair of legs) as opposed to the Smith family sighting who saw a nr 4 year old blonde girl matching Madeleine's description! great logic.

How expensive would it have been to just put those efits on their website? ARGUABLY the best lead they had- a man with a child in the right/wrong place at the right/wrong time, minutes after Madeleine disappeared, and they didn't think it would make sense to put the picture on their website?

I know what I think.
Good point about not putting it on their website. Why wouldn't they? Hmmm

Gypsies don't kidnap children (we can ask one of our members to post her opinion). Burglars don't kidnap children unless they're also pedophiles.

Gypsies don't kidnap children (we can ask one of our members to post her opinion). Burglars don't kidnap children unless they're also pedophiles.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=950DE4DB173EE033A25757C1A9649D946697D6CF

GIRL RESCUED FROM GYPSIES.; Lillian Wulff Was Kidnapped from Her Chicago Home.

Special to The New York Times. ();
December 14, 1907,

KANKAKEE, Ill., Dec. 13. -- Suffering from cold, exposure, and hunger, eight-year-old Lillian Wulff, kidnapped last Saturday from her Chicago home, was recovered to-day near Momence, ten miles east of here, in a raid by Deputy Sheriffs on a gypsy camp. Physicians say the child is seriously ill, but will recover.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=950de4db173ee033a25757c1a9649d946697d6cf

girl rescued from gypsies.; lillian wulff was kidnapped from her chicago home.

Special to the new york times. ();
december 14, 1907,

kankakee, ill., dec. 13. -- suffering from cold, exposure, and hunger, eight-year-old lillian wulff, kidnapped last saturday from her chicago home, was recovered to-day near momence, ten miles east of here, in a raid by deputy sheriffs on a gypsy camp. Physicians say the child is seriously ill, but will recover.

1907?

Isn't the front door where the steps are? Are you seriously saying the police did not know the difference between patio doors and a front door?

No, where the gates and steps are these are the patio doors, i.e the back doors.
Front or the main doors iare next to the room where Madeleine slept, on the opposite side of the building.

1907....wow....

From that.... I would extrapolate the odds are nil that gypsies are responsible in any way shape or form.

I find it disgusting the way they're vilified and labeled kidnappers.

No, where the gates and steps are these are the patio doors, i.e the back doors.
Front or the main doors iare next to the room where Madeleine slept, on the opposite side of the building.

Thanks. I looked it up after I posted. That's the reason for my doors post above.

Yes, 1907 in reference to the BBM. :)

It is farcical to suggest a document in the public arena has not been read and re-read by various bilingual folks over the years.

"Faulty translation" is just not a rational excuse in these days of multiculturalism and Google Translate.

The McCanns own lawyers were bilingual, do you honestly think they would let an inaccurate translation float around the internet? Ridiculous.

Once upon a time there were "3 Arguidos".

Now there is 3 burglars.

2 van drivers

unknown gypsies/cleaners and dont forget the one individual hovering over another childs cot.

Then of course Murat, Hewlett, Posh Spice, Pimpleman, Creepyman, Bundleman and Euclides.

All given equal airplay by the media, all being later proven FALSE.

The only efit we havent seen where the ones held back by the Mccanns. Supressed, sat on, withheld, whatever.

Does this make sense? Anyone? Why hold back the efits that SY have now stated are the only accurate ones?

Why? This should be breaking news not garble about cot hoverers.

1907....wow....

From that.... I would extrapolate the odds are nil that gypsies are responsible in any way shape or form.

I find it disgusting the way they're vilified and labeled kidnappers.

My friends ex hub is a gypsy from Hungary, so her daughters claim half blood. They are perfectly normal young women with jobs and families of their own.

Its just another form of racism and its a shame to see it regurgitated by the media over and over again.

Folks of Gypsy stock are quite capable of producing their own children. My friend has 5 grandchildren. They dont need or want to go about stealing others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998