British detectives fly to Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you curious about the eye witness accounts say the M's were not faking, or how they convinced 7 people to cover up a Childs death? Why Jane Tanner was called a liar for all those years, yet she was telling the truth? Where did they hide the body for 20 plus days? Do people really think they loaded it on a plane and flew her back to England? Do you seriously think it's because Gerry was Free Mason? Do you truly believe SY is in with the M's? Are you denying the Aramal is the reason for the previous trial delays? Why when we post links that clearly say the M's are not suspects, you still claim they are? Do you think you know more about this case than SY?

I don't see where it says they abduct children.

From link.

The children are sometimes kidnapped from other families or are the children of the gangsters. They are sent out on the streets using threats and force to swindle, steal and beg for whatever they can get. It’s tragic but so far authorities seem reluctant or incapable to counteract it.

From link.

The children are sometimes kidnapped from other families or are the children of the gangsters. They are sent out on the streets using threats and force to swindle, steal and beg for whatever they can get. It’s tragic but so far authorities seem reluctant or incapable to counteract it.

Other gypsy families ?

If we believe the Sunday Times, the efit was passed on in 2009 to LE. Madeleine went missing in 2007. And then 5 years later it was released to the public.

Why wasn't it released in 2009?

The spokesman said they didn't want to follow that line of enquiry as it would have been too expensive! It wasn't even given a cursory mention or included in Kate Mccanns book of 2011, you know a very important sightng ON the night of a yng blonde girl being carried in pyjamas, though other ridiculous suspects were..... It took Scotland Yard to unearth it

I am past caring or thinking about now tbh but it's clearly a fly in the ointment

Anyway

Proof from the horses mouth that the media have been talking nonsense for weeks on end about imminent arrests

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...y-moving-forwards-say-detectives-9126239.html

It's not a secret that some people think the e-fits look like Gerry, which has been confirmed not to be the case. Releasing those pictures would have made the false accusations worse. Possibly hurting the investigation instead of helping it. I wouldn't have released them either under those circumstances.

Why do you think they suppressed them?

The spokesman said they didn't want to follow that line of enquiry as it would have been too expensive! It wasn't even given a cursory mention or included in Kate Mccanns book of 2011, you know a very important sightng ON the night of a yng blonde girl being carried in pyjamas, though other ridiculous suspects were..... It took Scotland Yard to unearth it

I am past caring or thinking about now tbh but it's clearly a fly in the ointment

Anyway

Proof from the horses mouth that the media have been talking nonsense for weeks on end about imminent arrests

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...y-moving-forwards-say-detectives-9126239.html

From your link

Mr Hewitt said so far the Yard had not asked the Portugese authorities to interview or arrest any suspects.

So why in the world did they go to Portugal?

It's not a secret that some people think the e-fits look like Gerry, which has been confirmed not to be the case. Releasing those pictures would have made the false accusations worse. Possibly hurting the investigation instead of helping it. I wouldn't have released them either under those circumstances.

Why do you think they suppressed them?

Your guess is as good as mine. All I can say is it wasn't the smartest thing to do regardless of what people thought. Why would LE care if the public thought it looked like GM? The focus should've been to find the perp and save madeleine.

Of course they are not warning suspects, it's all media drivel! Aided and abetted by PR paws.
Scotland Yard are not stupid!

Are you sure? Because I have to say, I am becomimng quite convinced that they are.

Either that or this is some elaborate ruse to mislead the people really responsible for Madeleine's death.

So, either diabolically ingenuis or, well, ...stupid.

If this weren't about the death of a child it would be hysterically funny. Sort of SY's version of "Who's On First"

the whole thing is just crazy - we have a witness ( smith ) who admits he didn't see the face of the person walking with child as it was dark, the person had his face obscured and he didn't have his glasses

How could he even do an efit

and then we have the main suspect in some peoples eyes who was the person Smith saw rushing to dump/bury /hide his dead daughter - This very person - after being released by the LE - no evidence - not even charged

Instead of breathing a sigh of relief and disappear to anonymous life again - no he pays a private agency to go and find this witness , interview him and get some efits - he then hands the efits over to the police

regardless of timelines what madness would drive Gerry to proactively try and prompt a witness to ID him - unless of course it wasn't him any where near Smith that night and he was just trying anything to help get his daughter back or at least find the mystery.

the whole thing is just crazy - we have a witness ( smith ) who admits he didn't see the face of the person walking with child as it was dark, the person had his face obscured and he didn't have his glasses

How could he even do an efit

and then we have the main suspect in some peoples eyes who was the person Smith saw rushing to dump/bury /hide his dead daughter - This very person - after being released by the LE - no evidence - not even charged

Instead of breathing a sigh of relief and disappear to anonymous life again - no he pays a private agency to go and find this witness , interview him and get some efits - he then hands the efits over to the police

regardless of timelines what madness would drive Gerry to proactively try and prompt a witness to ID him - unless of course it wasn't him any where near Smith that night and he was just trying anything to help get his daughter back or at least find the mystery.

So why not release it to the public? If he's not involved there is absolutely no reason to hold on to what may have been a huge break in the case.

7 years later the public is left to help identify this person. Locals and tourists. Good luck. We don't even know if the efit is Portuguese.

Are you sure? Because I have to say, I am becomimng quite convinced that they are.

Either that or this is some elaborate ruse to mislead the people really responsible for Madeleine's death.

So, either diabolically ingenuis or, well, ...stupid.

If this weren't about the death of a child it would be hysterically funny. Sort of SY's version of "Who's On First"

Who's on first perfectly describes this case.

So why not release it to the public? If he's not involved there is absolutely no reason to hold on to what may have been a huge break in the case.

7 years later the public is left to help identify this person. Locals and tourists. Good luck. We don't even know if the efit is Portuguese.

they released it to the Police - at the time there was loads of false sightings and massive press speculation as per usual - the PI agency were were involved were proving to be less than reliable and in fact corrupt - so give it to the LE

You still don't address the point as if it were Gerry seen fleeing to dispose of the body why on earth would he then after being cleared and the case archived dig up this witness and get him to do an e fit that would possibly implicate himself again - that just doesn't make any sense

they released it to the Police - at the time there was loads of false sightings and massive press speculation as per usual - the PI agency were were involved were proving to be less than reliable and in fact corrupt - so give it to the LE

You still don't address the point as if it were Gerry seen fleeing to dispose of the body why on earth would he then after being cleared and the case archived dig up this witness and get him to do an e fit that would possibly implicate himself again - that just doesn't make any sense

Gerry didn't dig it up. He had it all along and gave it to LE 2 years later.

Gerry didn't dig it up. He had it all along and gave it to LE 2 years later.

It was the Mccanns PI who went to Ireland and found Smith and got him to create the Efits - so yes Gerry did dig this up
why on earth do that if he knew it was him all along - why would he creat an efit that would implicate him again ??

Even if it were two years - they still were given to the police -

It was the Mccanns PI who went to Ireland and found Smith and got him to create the Efits - so yes Gerry did dig this up
why on earth do that if he knew it was him all along - why would he creat an efit that would implicate him again ??

Even if it were two years - they still were given to the police -

I'm not getting what you're trying to say. The McCanns PI drew a sketch based on eyewitness testimony of the man the Smith's say they saw carrying a child. This sketch was given to the McCanns who 2 years later gave to LE.

The question was why did they not give it to police immediately?

I'm not getting what you're trying to say. The McCanns PI drew a sketch based on eyewitness testimony of the man the Smith's say they saw carrying a child. This sketch was given to the McCanns who 2 years later gave to LE.

The question was why did they not give it to police immediately?

what I am saying that why on earth would Gerry chase down Smith to get an efit knowing that it was him who Smith saw

Why when was in the clear - case closed implicate himself by getting the witness to do an EFIT -

why would he do that ? whatever the timelines they still found their way to the Police and to the press eventually

so if it was Gerry Smith saw it doesn't make any sense that he would then be involved in creating evidence that would implicate him !!

what I am saying that why on earth would Gerry chase down Smith to get an efit knowing that it was him who Smith saw

Why when was in the clear - case closed implicate himself by getting the witness to do an EFIT -

why would he do that ? whatever the timelines they still found their way to the Police and to the press eventually

so if it was Gerry Smith saw it doesn't make any sense that he would then be involved in creating evidence that would implicate him !!

- The Smiths are secretly brought back to Portugal. On Saturday, 26 May, in Portimão, Smith and his two children are interviewed.

- Their testimony is credible, but given the lack of light in the area, they can't identify the man who was carrying the child.

- The described the way he walked and carried her; this image is strongly fixed in their memory.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id162.html

More at the link

From your link

So why in the world did they go to Portugal?

Two police forces have done reviews and reopened the investigation, they meet, they talk,twenty times to date, no one really knows what they are both doing, and GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong