SIDEBAR #23- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are your dogs getting along today?

Thanks for asking Zoey. The new dog is exhausted. She had surgery on Friday.
My other dog is sick. The new dog bit her and punctured her sikin. My other two dogs are lounging around on the couch. Today is quiet and yesterday was hectic and stressful. I do hope the two dogs recover quickly.

At the animal shelter yesterday, inmates were walking the dogs around. I thought that is a win win job for the inmates. They are making some contribution in a good way to society.

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day! I went to dinner with the bf...a hole-in-the-wall Italian joint that was heavenly!! I got a gift certificate for a 60-minute Swedish massage. I've never had a massage before and I'm SO looking forward to it.... It was a nice night.

Happy weekend all! :seeya:

Same to you, m ! We went to an Italian joint too, with some good entertainment. Very quaint and cozy, good food. Hope you enjoy your massage ! :seeya:

What did you all get for valentines then?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I got some beautiful red tulips from my son, and a red rose and new wedding ring from my husband. The ring was actually a combination anniversary / Valentine's gift. I love it :loveyou: Then we made chocolate souffle at home and had it with champagne afterward. Need I add that I have a lot of catching up to do on my diet, lol. :seeya:

Good night all. I am exhausted. The Michael Dunn trial and work have worn me down.
Sweet dreams to all.

What is this one about ? Could someone give me a link to the forum ? TIA

ETA: Oh, nevermind I found it . :seeya:

My other dog is sick. The new dog bit her and punctured her sikin. My other two dogs are lounging around on the couch. Today is quiet and yesterday was hectic and stressful. I do hope the two dogs recover quickly.

So, tell us about the new dog.... :seeya:
Breed? Girl/Boy? Age?

Yes, Kensie. I want to know all about your new dog, too.
Picture?

Tonight, I'm helping my son :bigstick::findinglink:

:floorlaugh: prep for his grad school interview tomorrow at 12:00.

I hope he does well. We are going to Binghamton- an hour away from us. I hope the weather doesn't get in our way.

I will shop :yesss: while he is being grilled. :facepalm:

See you all tomorrow. :seeya:

SAUGERTIES, N.Y. (AP) — John Henson, the son of the late Muppets creator Jim Henson, has died in New York. He was 48.

Cheryl Henson says her brother died of a "massive heart attack" at his home in Saugerties on Friday. She says it happened after he had been building an igloo in the snow with his daughter...

http://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/john-henson-son-muppets-creator-dies-ny-013933941.html

Rainbow Connection - YouTube

Sweetums:

The Muppet Show: Ruth Buzzi & Sweetums - "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" - YouTube

RIP

That song with that clip reminds me of the time we took Anna to the movie for the first time. She had her pink numi num blanket (with the ribbon binding fraying from her holding it over her nose while she sucked her thumb) and her Fozzie Bear clamped under her arm. She still has Fozzie Bear and her pink numi num (numi num is a broad term for ribbons to fur coats) blanket. The blankie survived her brother eating it piece by piece after he's eaten his.
Yes, we fed him, but he'd pull some of the blanket fuzz and eat it. We found a blanket like his and I put it in the washer with the old (he had a fit, stay there till it was done and out of the dryer) and when I took it out of the dryer he looked at it for a minute pulled some fuzz off of it and went off a happy little boy.

Anyway, that song is Anna's favorite.

Anna is moving back home. I've missed her.

[video=youtube;efKWmabYlM4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efKWmabYlM4&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Oh your poor babies, I hope and pray they all recover. I so love dogs, they are my salvation in many ways. I say that because, as a child, they were often my only companions, the only ones who I could talk to. Dogs are angels in my opinion.

Sadly, I was always taught that animals were beneath going to heaven, that in fact they couldn't go to heaven. Why? I was taught that it was because they "didn't have souls" . Something I have always questioned and never truly believed. It simply didn't make sense to me.

Not to go into too lengthy of a diatribe, all I want to say is, did God not make man in his image ? Does God not love our beloved dogs as much or more than we do ? Could dogs give nothing but pure joy to anyone, even God ? So, for me, that is my one and only answer.

I think I've posted this before, but, just in case, this is how I feel about our best friends:

"Dog spelled backwards is God.
In general there is nothing more selfless, loving or patient than a dog. Mistreat it and it comes back to you anyway. Ignore it and it never gives up hope that you will be its friend. Make it wait days to go play and it will be ready. It offers you friendship and companionship and in return asks only for food, water and an occasional scratch behind the ears.

Why would God bother to make such a creature? I suppose that if dogs were like people they would eventually give up on us… but they never do. A dog’s love is almost impossible to destroy, because it’s not a love you earn — it’s simply a love you are given. In other words, dogs love unconditionally, with unending patience and with faithfulness to the very end.

Maybe God made dogs to show us something about Himself? So maybe “man’s best friend” is really pointing us to the One who is truly our best friend"

That song with that clip reminds me of the time we took Anna to the movie for the first time. She had her pink numi num blanket (with the ribbon binding fraying from her holding it over her nose while she sucked her thumb) and her Fozzie Bear clamped under her arm. She still has Fozzie Bear and her pink numi num (numi num is a broad term for ribbons to fur coats) blanket. The blankie survived her brother eating it piece by piece after he's eaten his.
Yes, we fed him, but he'd pull some of the blanket fuzz and eat it. We found a blanket like his and I put it in the washer with the old (he had a fit, stay there till it was done and out of the dryer) and when I took it out of the dryer he looked at it for a minute pulled some fuzz off of it and went off a happy little boy.

Anyway, that song is Anna's favorite.

Anna is moving back home. I've missed her.

Muppets - Dale Evans - Deep in the heart of Texas - YouTube

I love your sense and appreciation of music, BendPages. It's just so refreshing. For me and my DH, it seems to be something that is missing and hard to find, at least with those that we socialize with. I don't know, but maybe it's that we have such diverse tastes. We listen to everything from 30's and 40's to the 80's, and only occasionally beyond. For instance, this evening we listened to Jackie Gleason's Funny Valentine, one of my favorites:

[video=youtube;WV-I-wYL8zE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV-I-wYL8zE[/video]

But earlier, we were playing 70's disco, and dancing with my baby dog, lol. He does think he's a person after all. :wink: It's just nice to know there is someone who has tastes similar to ours. :seeya:

Alicia Bridges - I love the night life 1978 - YouTube

I hope he does well. We are going to Binghamton- an hour away from us. I hope the weather doesn't get in our way.

Oh, Best Wishes to your son in his interview, YorN ! :heart: Praying for good weather, and please be safe. :hug:

And shop, you should. Best wishes too that you shop your little heart out, lol. :loveyou:

Oh, Best Wishes to your son in his interview, YorN ! :heart: Praying for good weather, and please be safe. :hug:

And shop, you should. Best wishes too that you shop your little heart out, lol. :loveyou:

Thanks, neesaki. :seeya:
Weather looks good- the sun is shining, but it's -4 degrees.

(poor snowman)

picture.php

-------------------

picture.php

:lepsmilie: Good Luck to your son today, I am sure he will do fine :)

just dropping in to let you know i am still here :seeya:

i have been neglecting you guys... :sad:

i promise i will be back after tonight.
cross my heart and hope to die

Hi Josie.

My girl dogs are still sick. Took the new dog to the vet today because she is so lifeless and apparently had a botched spaying at the animal shelter. I am so upset.

Kensie will she be okay?
I hate having to take my fur baby to the vet I always get so worried even when I know it's nothing serious

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Josie, the best place for fur babies is the Vet. They will know what is going on, when we can only see the pup laying around and avoiding contact, Vet will find out what is needed.

Kensie, keep us posted. I loved my fur babies more than myself it seemed.

CMJA TOPIC: Wonder if she has joined a jailhouse gang or what is up. I don't care about the outside tweets, just wondering, just realize she doesn't get it that all is captured somehow, just wondering. Wondering how sentencing got delayed again. Arizona is an interesting state.

I love your sense and appreciation of music, BendPages. It's just so refreshing. For me and my DH, it seems to be something that is missing and hard to find, at least with those that we socialize with. I don't know, but maybe it's that we have such diverse tastes. We listen to everything from 30's and 40's to the 80's, and only occasionally beyond. For instance, this evening we listened to Jackie Gleason's Funny Valentine, one of my favorites:

Jackie Gleason - My Funny Valentine (1953) - YouTube

But earlier, we were playing 70's disco, and dancing with my baby dog, lol. He does think he's a person after all. :wink: It's just nice to know there is someone who has tastes similar to ours. :seeya:

Alicia Bridges - I love the night life 1978 - YouTube

This is my favorite one.......

[video=youtube;n70vAulsh6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n70vAulsh6I[/video]

We grew up with music, it was always on. I almost missed meeting a very special lady one night when I went with my mother to an Oral Roberts revival. Came home and met Pasty Cline. My mother played the piano, my father the guitar, and she sang. It was wonderful. I remember them crying when we heard she'd died.

Patsy Cline - Walkin' After Midnight - YouTube

This was the best music to dance and clean house to. My DH loved to watch me clean.

70's Disco Fever To 20 Songs - YouTube

Neesaki dogs are God's angels. I was in a bad place about seven years ago, and my little girl stayed with me, by me and would put her paw on me and look into my eyes. I told her then she was one of His angels and thanked her for taking care of me. Ms.MonaLou and her brother Sport, will be nine in April, I don't even want to think of either one of them gone. She sleeps next to me with her head on my pillow. She forgets she's a dog sometimes.

Anna has a big ole girl and Eva has watched over her many times. Anna is bi polar and Eva knows when she needs help. She talks like Lurch on the Adams Family, and will come find my husband or me when she thinks Anna needs help or someone around. I babysit her everyday when Anna's at work ,and during the day on weekends she comes over to play. She'll be happy to be back at grandma's.

Anna and I were eating Chinese in her bedroom one night and MonaLou went to her bowl, got a mouth full of food, came back, put it on the floor and "ate" with us.

How was your trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members