GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juror 8 (youngest juror, black female) speaking on CNN right now

full interview of juror #8 will be on AC 360 tonight at 8 pm EST

From the snippet, she felt MD guilty of 2nd degree murder, wanted justice for where it belonged, whether JD or MD

I'm watching Katie with Jordan's parents.
They did everything right. They homeschooled him and raised him with purpose.

Watching his dad talk about how Jordan thought he looked like Trayvon. It's tough.

Forgive the autocorrect. Tapatalk has a mind of its own. :)

Well, if you watch his testimony on the stand it appears he is focused on just one of the jurors. It really is hard to tell but his eyes shift to one spot at all times when he wants to make a point, such as saying it was "a waking nightmare". If he is not, it sure appears that he is. jmo

Does anyone know who the 3 were who believed him (as in male or female)?

I have come to learn that what one person sees as an obvious act, can come across totally different to someone else. Example: Levi Chavez. Example: Jodi Arias (a few like Foreman believed in the "emotional abuse" aspect). Example: Amanda Hayes (some jurors obviously believed she wansn't involved in any pre-meditation, so gave her M2 instead of M1). Example: Richard Chrisman.

Even when their words are refuted either by the evidence or by other eye-witnesses.

I don't know the reason for this, whether psychological or what. Because it could very well be that they make some sort of eye contact with a person, and that makes it harder for the person to convict them.

Jordan's parents seem to be very intelligent, well-spoken people. They are a pleasure to listen to. I have a lot of respect for them and their words.
JMO

MD doesn't care about that. He heard " music," and automatically made a whole series of assumptions and stereotypes.

I hear a lot of " music" being played by younger people of ALL RACES. Hip-hop/Rap music is listened to by all kinds of people, but yes, they happen to be younger.

I can assure you Michael Dunn would not have fired on a car filled with Asian people playing loud hip-hop/rap music. He saw Black, and fired.

JMO.

(my post is not response to yours, just jumping-off your post).

MD doesn't care about that. He heard " music," and automatically made a whole series of assumptions and stereotypes.

I hear a lot of " music" being played by younger people of ALL RACES. Hip-hop/Rap music is listened to by all kinds of people, but yes, they happen to be younger.

I can assure you Michael Dunn would not have fired on a car filled with Asian people playing loud hip-hop/rap music. He saw Black, and fired.

JMO.

(my post is not response to yours, just jumping-off your post).

heeheee ... you had me confused for a moment, 'cause I wasn't talking about MD at all. Glad you clarified:seeya:

I was thinking in the last few days how many people of all races and ages play LOUD music around here... in cars (& it rattles my windows), in their garage, wherever they might be. I used to tease the neighbor teen for when he played my kind of music. :drumroll:

Depends on what i'm doing as to the loudness ... if i'm painting walls it is LOUD!! And i play a wide variety from MoTown to country, KISS to Pink, Joe Cocker to Bob Marley...... Not too much Rap since I can't sing along to that, but i do like the tempo of some of it.

Holly Hughes and I will be discussing the Dunn verdict tonight on iHeart Radio's True Crime Radio.

8 PM Tonight and and every Thursday night.

CLICK THIS LINK 8 PM EASTERN TONIGHT TO LISTEN

In case you missed past iHeart True Crime Shows CLICK HERE and you can download the shows you missed.

Juror 8 on CNN. She's the youngest and black. She thinks Dunn's a "good guy" who didn't go around wanting to kill people. Wanted 2nd degree. They prayed in the jury room.

SMH

Juror 8 on CNN. She's the youngest and black. She thinks Dunn's a "good guy" who didn't go around wanting to kill people. Wanted 2nd degree. They prayed in the jury room.

SMH

I promised myself that I wasn't going to criticize the jurors. I believe that as a group, they did try hard during their 30 hours of deliberation. But, I have to admit to being dumbfounded by her statements. :scared:

I think this is a perfect example as to why people do not understand premeditation. What she is saying is correct. MD was not looking to kill someone that night but he did lose control and took his anger out on everyone in the SUV. jmo

I promised myself that I wasn't going to criticize the jurors. I believe that as a group, they did try hard during their 30 hours of deliberation. But, I have to admit to being dumbfounded by her statements. :scared:

Like Mr. Davis just said "I think it went over their heads".

Jordon's Mom has already stated this was not a hate crime. She seems to be changing her mind now.

I wonder what influenced her.

Jordon's Mom has already stated this was not a hate crime. She seems to be changing her mind now.

I wonder what influenced her.

[modsnip]maybe Dunn's letters and phone calls?[modsnip]

ETA: That wasn't considered a serious answer?

Well juror No. 8 was interesting...MD is a good guy....no race involved. If this was one for murder 2 I am not sure I even want to see the three that went for self defense. And Jordan's parents are so composed and I think they are on two missions...one to get MD convicted and the second and very important one of getting Florida's self defense and stand you ground laws reformed. I am confident they will succeed at both. After seeing two jurors so far maybe a change of venue would be a good idea? It must be very difficult for the parents to hear her say some of the things she did tonight...naive does not begin to describe this juror. It is a big big load for a 21 year old.

I am so looking forward to the retrial (hopefully in May). Does anyone know if Cory Strolla will represent Dunn?

I am so looking forward to the retrial (hopefully in May). Does anyone know if Cory Strolla will represent Dunn?

When I heard a reporter ask Strolla if he would remain with Dunn throughout the re-trial, Strolla kind of answered in a round about way, that if the money was there he would be there. But the Dunn family claims to be broke, so i don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa