GUILTY TX - Officer Jaime Padron, 40, shot to death, Austin, 6 April 2012 #1

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 2m

"Voluntary intoxication" does not constitute a defense to the commission of a crime. #BrandonDaniel #DanielTrial #JaimePadron #keyetv

I was summoned for a death penalty trial some years ago in Tx, the two questions asked of the jurty make it quite easy to dole it out (I believe they are along the lines of 'does defendant pose a danger to society' and 'are there any mitigating factors'), I didn't sit on that trial as I had plane tickets out of state during the scheduled dates so I don't know if they hold a mitigation phase if/once he's convicted. Seems like they had that doc and the ex-gf on the stands as mitigation though.
Hi, geevee, I would imagine we'll see his mother during penalty phase, and other mitigating/aggravation info. Should be interesting.

BD had a lot of interaction with police, dating all the way back to his juvenile days. He enjoyed taunting the police, gave him an adrenaline rush.

Hi, geevee, I would imagine we'll see his mother during penalty phase, and other mitigating/aggravation info. Should be interesting.

Hiya SallyAnnie :) Although I've been had jury duty many times, I've never seen how the trial is structured and what happens after the guilt phase (or if it was all wrapped into one phase). Thanks for the detail, more tears to come, I'd imagine.

Judge charging the jury, then closing arguments by the attorneys.

Will Softail get back before the jury returns with a guilty verdict????

I'm Baaack! Thanks for all the great updates! :)

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 2m

"Voluntary intoxication" does not constitute a defense to the commission of a crime. #BrandonDaniel #DanielTrial #JaimePadron #keyetv

Ain't that the truth! :gavel:

I never knew there was interaction between OJP and BD 2 days before, now I see some sort of vendetta but why... SMH

Hiya SallyAnnie :) Although I've been had jury duty many times, I've never seen how the trial is structured and what happens after the guilt phase (or if it was all wrapped into one phase). Thanks for the detail, more tears to come, I'd imagine.
This is the first Texas trial I've seen. And also the quickest trial I've ever seen. I'm learning as I go. They definitely do things differently in Texas than Arizona.

This defense is ridiculous. It would be like if he killed someone driving drunk. It isn't ok. :maddening:

It's like a tiny Hershey bar and it scored to break into doses, best I can describe.

Are these some weird street brand of Xanax?

I had some supposed (I STILL do not get it!) panic attack episodes in December, and was prescribed Xanax twice. Neither time were they "bars", just little white or orange round tablets. Wondering wth these bar things could be.
Also would like to add I have no clue how this guy was getting high off of Xanax, unless his dose was massive. To me they do nothing but very, very slightly take the edge off. I guess everyone reacts differently though.
OH, and adding the weed to it, if he smoked enough, I guess I can see it whacking you out pretty well.
Either way, this case looks like a slam dunk, his excuses are not going to cut it.

(I am just reading through this thread, was going to try to catch up but looks like already in closing so I will watch for verdict...).

Defense atty says' he doesn't even know how many people tackled him'.'he says two and then he says three'.

Mr Attorney in the tape BD corrects himself that one of the three is the officer who was laying there with blood all over his face and the other two held him down.

I had some supposed I STILL do not get it!) panic attack episodes in December, and was prescribed Xanax twice. Neither time were they "bars", just little white or orange round tablets. Wondering wth these bar things could be.
Also would like to add I have no clue how this guy was getting high off of Xanax, unless his dose was massive. To me they do nothing but very, very slightly take the edge off. I guess everyone reacts differently though.
OH, and adding the weed to it, if he smoked enough, I guess I can see it whacking you out pretty well.
Either way, this case looks like a slam dunk, his excuses are not going to cut it.

(I am just reading through this thread, was going to try to catch up but looks like already in closing so I will watch for verdict...).
Although everyone's tolerance is different, I'll admit I take a tiny xanax to sleep, have for years. Let me stress it is prescribed! No telling what the street xanax has in it, probably laced with something else.

Def atty 'he isn't even sure about who tackled him'

Well if I am tackled from behind chances are I can't see them since they are behind me and tackling me to the ground.

So, is suicide by cop excusable Mr. Defense atty??? Is that what you are RIGHT NOW pointing out!!!

Thanks for pointing out to me that SBC perhaps was his motive alllllllllll along!

:doh:

I had some supposed I STILL do not get it!) panic attack episodes in December, and was prescribed Xanax twice. Neither time were they "bars", just little white or orange round tablets. Wondering wth these bar things could be.

Its real Xanax but not dispensed in the states in bar form. Use to be easy to order on internet out of US, not so much now. Cross the Mexico border is where a lot comes from.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back