GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for that ^^^, Looking! Here's a quote from the article:

"Each night a new number goes up on the Bring Abby Home Facebook page.
Tuesday night’s entry: “Day 133.”

“Abby, you are so missed! Your mom misses you every second of every day. She loves you more than anything and spends every day working to find you,” posted volunteer Amanda Smith of Conway."

Kudos to volunteers AS and PK who keep Abby's name out there in the news and on social media!

Zenya has continued to ask for "more correspondence" from Abby since we heard about the first (Nov 6?) letter. (and for what it is worth, I believe there have been other correspondences that we are unaware of).

This causes me to consider two possibilities:

1. The police truly believe or know that these correspondences have been from Abby, and Zenya continues to ask for them in hopes of finding Abby, or at least continued reassurance that Abby is safe.

2. The police believe or know that the letter/correspondence is from someone other than Abby (i.e. a possible predator or killer); but they want the perp to believe that the ploy is working and continue to send correspondences in hopes that something will be revealed which allows LE to locate him.

Nothing ground breaking, I know... I am just spending some time thinking about Abby and hoping her case doesn't end up like Maura or Brianna's-- unsolved for so long.

I still also wonder about how she was that day, if she herself seemed different. Or even the 2 days prior at school. Did she seem different, dress different, happier, somber, etc. The day she went missing, is that her normal way she would dress for school? Did she do her hair different? Nails, makeup? Was she more talkative, quieter?

Understand that there is no indication she ran away or had any intention to, but maybe a new relationship or a new interest that might make her act differently good or bad. These are things we won't know, but hopefully those close to her have shared with LE. If not, then just do it now.

I have looked again at pictures and reviewed SM and media and I just don't see a girl that had any intention of leaving her boyfriend. Or her Family. Or intended to miss her Birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Valentines Day.

I agree with others - the letter was a red herring. I honestly believe if there was subsequent communication after that, it would have been a very big deal - a relief for the entire community. It just hasn't happened IMO. It's very sad the way that so many have come to the conclusion that she simply ran away and PK and AS keep trying so hard to remind people that "this is not characteristic"

http://www.myfoxboston.com/video?clipId=9607183&topVideoCatNo=238258&autoStart=true

“Has Abigail ever run away before?” “This is not a characteristic that we have seen before with this child”

Also along the 'she didn't do this' thought train, (my feeling all along) No one out of the most experienced Law Enforcement, Missing children professionals, help agencies, etc., believe that Abby ran away.

Also - she's not local;
“We have the New Hampshire media here, we have the Boston media here, we hope that this will pick up national attention.”

And this is nothing unheard of;
“Elizabeth Smart indicated that she was seen in a Library and the police came up to her. We need your help and we need the public’s help.”

We need more and intense exposure;
“At this point the public is heightened to the understanding that 'my God there could be somebody in a house that’s there against their will.”

http://www.myfoxboston.com/video?clipId=9607183&topVideoCatNo=238258&autoStart=true

Well I was getting weary but honestly after watching that PC again I am just going to keep sharing.

We need a pick-me-up Kieran. Pick up the slack and give an update even if it's an interview and not a Presser. :seeya:

When I first heard about this case, it reminded me of one that happened about 47 miles southeast of Conway back in 2006, I believe it was.

There was a girl who went missing late Oct/Early Nov. She didn't show up to HS that day, if I can recall correctly. She waited at a bridge/under a bridge all day, stopping once to go into a bar/pool hall to eat & use the bathroom.

Something of hers, maybe an ipod, was found under the bridge and her initials were written under the bridge.

There was talk of her being trafficked. I wasn't buying that in that case. The whole place is remote and I felt it was of local origin & terminus.

She was new to the area, NOT a drug user and my being EXTREMELY familiar with the area, and drug users paranoia, I always had a feeling that she stumbled upon something that someone didn't want her to see, perhaps at a party she was invited to around Halloween.

Meth is rampant in those woods and there are some real tough characters around there, with children in the local school systems.

I had a house in the area and went w/someone up there over that winter. We went to the corner store where she supposedly made a phone call, spent quite a bit of time just checking it all out, it was so redneck creepy....
We went to the bar, checked it out as best we could, even took the top off of the toilet bowl to see if we could find ANYTHING, went down under the bridge. Walked as far as we could in the snow.

Her body was found further down the river in the spring. It's never sat well with me as a suicide. I've never believed that. I felt it was an easy cop out/explanation. Just my honest opinion.

Also, there was another drug/death issue a couple of years ago in North Conway, young mom from Maine, killers from a few miles South of Conway, drug related, but that young lady was previously involved with a drug dealer, unlike the one above.

In the case of Abigail, I know where the school is I have family and friends attend there, off the top of my head, I don't know this girl's house. I have to look more deeply at this case and the map below (thanks to who did that!), but I can tell you that there area LOT of stores/parking lots, truck drivers, vacationers and transients in that area, and someone could disappear from anywhere near there in a heart beat. It's heavily wooded and mountainous with roads going off in all directions.

Perhaps a friend of a friend? Or a friend of a family member? Just trying to think of who she would trust enough to take a ride from. Freshman girl, slightly older guy..... remembering WAY BACK when I was that age. So she gets in the car, ride home is not in the scenario of driver. He takes her to another spot? And what.... keeps her there?

Or, they leave the area entirely. But then this other person would be missed as well. So who would not be missed. Perhaps a seasonal type worker? Resort areas like North Conway have plenty of them.

I hope that Abby's friends have come forward with any little bit of info that could help. Someone she smiled at, someone she watched, someone who watched her, showed up in places she was, drove by and waved...... just a little clue could be the key.

Could be anyone. I took a ride one day from a guy in the school parking lot and didn't even know his name or what grade he was in. Kids do foolish things and are really trusting. I do think this person may have attempted to get her alone before, offered a ride, walked with her home, etc. I don't think it was happenchance other than that this time he was able to get her alone.
I don't think he left the area, which is why he wanted to cool the public off. The minute that letter became public it changed how people felt about things and even close friends like the Campbells backed off. I really think she's close by and hopefully whoever took her will do the right thing. I do believe she's alive since the letter doesn't sound like it was a last testament type of thing like in the Shari Faye Smith case. I also believe whoever took her doesn't intend to "harm" her.

Perhaps a friend of a friend? Or a friend of a family member? Just trying to think of who she would trust enough to take a ride from. Freshman girl, slightly older guy..... remembering WAY BACK when I was that age. So she gets in the car, ride home is not in the scenario of driver. He takes her to another spot? And what.... keeps her there?

Or, they leave the area entirely. But then this other person would be missed as well. So who would not be missed. Perhaps a seasonal type worker? Resort areas like North Conway have plenty of them.

I hope that Abby's friends have come forward with any little bit of info that could help. Someone she smiled at, someone she watched, someone who watched her, showed up in places she was, drove by and waved...... just a little clue could be the key.

Just thinking back to when I was that age...I believe I would have gotten into a car with a neighbor or someone that I knew my parents were friendly with and/or socialized with without much hesitation. (I would figure that my parents had already done some type of screening enough to make them okay in their eyes. I would simply trust that they knew how to chose friends that displayed basic decency and honest values.) In fact, now that I think about it, older people always seemed so much less threatening than kids my own age in general. The drama from school and extracurricular activities wasn't part of the equation, so the offer of a ride was just that - a ride. No risk of unwanted romantic feelings or sexual advances or gossip for school. Besides, parents often do favors for other parents, no big deal. I might get in a car with coaches, church members, music instructors, etc.. since the boundaries were practiced and the roles clear. I guess times have changed. I can see now how these very assumptions could be exploited by an individual with less than honorable intentions. I hope it is not the case, but it would explain hopping into a vehicle with someone you thought you knew....

I just don't know what to think. You all have great ideas; some I agree with, some I don't. I'm just so heartbroken that Abby isn't home yet.

When I first heard about this case, it reminded me of one that happened about 47 miles southeast of Conway back in 2006, I believe it was.

There was a girl who went missing late Oct/Early Nov. She didn't show up to HS that day, if I can recall correctly. She waited at a bridge/under a bridge all day, stopping once to go into a bar/pool hall to eat & use the bathroom.

Something of hers, maybe an ipod, was found under the bridge and her initials were written under the bridge.

There was talk of her being trafficked. I wasn't buying that in that case. The whole place is remote and I felt it was of local origin & terminus.

She was new to the area, NOT a drug user and my being EXTREMELY familiar with the area, and drug users paranoia, I always had a feeling that she stumbled upon something that someone didn't want her to see, perhaps at a party she was invited to around Halloween.

Meth is rampant in those woods and there are some real tough characters around there, with children in the local school systems.

I had a house in the area and went w/someone up there over that winter. We went to the corner store where she supposedly made a phone call, spent quite a bit of time just checking it all out, it was so redneck creepy....
We went to the bar, checked it out as best we could, even took the top off of the toilet bowl to see if we could find ANYTHING, went down under the bridge. Walked as far as we could in the snow.

Her body was found further down the river in the spring. It's never sat well with me as a suicide. I've never believed that. I felt it was an easy cop out/explanation. Just my honest opinion.

Also, there was another drug/death issue a couple of years ago in North Conway, young mom from Maine, killers from a few miles South of Conway, drug related, but that young lady was previously involved with a drug dealer, unlike the one above.

In the case of Abigail, I know where the school is I have family and friends attend there, off the top of my head, I don't know this girl's house. I have to look more deeply at this case and the map below (thanks to who did that!), but I can tell you that there area LOT of stores/parking lots, truck drivers, vacationers and transients in that area, and someone could disappear from anywhere near there in a heart beat. It's heavily wooded and mountainous with roads going off in all directions.
You are speaking of Coreen Wiese up there. She left a note scratched into the overhang of the Limington Rapids... They were pretty amazing as they didn't make assumptions that it was a suicide and those searches continued on strongly until finding her months later :(
So much so I became used to the sound of helicopters overhead in this rural area

“Abby, you are so missed! Your mom misses you every second of every day. She loves you more than anything and spends every day working to find you,” posted volunteer Amanda Smith of Conway."

Kudos to volunteers AS and PK who keep Abby's name out there in the news and on social media!

I guess this answers my question as to updates;

"we, as a team, have decided not to give a lot more detail at this time because doing so could jeopardize the investigation,”

I am going to just accept that in the best interest of Abby.

That quote phrasing gives me hope that they do have some details and leads that are promising.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I guess this answers my question as to updates;

"we, as a team, have decided not to give a lot more detail at this time because doing so could jeopardize the investigation,”

I am going to just accept that in the best interest of Abby.

Guess the main thing is to have faith in LE and hope they have some leads that will get Abby back home. I check this board everyday sometimes 2 or three times and I cannot wait to see Abby found safe on here. Prayers to Abby and Zenya and the family. Never give up!!!

Thank you Hap. We'll continue to do so until we have Abby home!

Guess the main thing is to have faith in LE and hope they have some leads that will get Abby back home. I check this board everyday sometimes 2 or three times and I cannot wait to see Abby found safe on here. Prayers to Abby and Zenya and the family. Never give up!!!

I try to realize that these people know stuff I just will never know. I am not an educated man but I think these people know what is best for this girl?

Jade, you are wonderful, and all of your worries and all of your concerns have been shared by all of us here.

Your prayers are shared by all of us.

I try to realize that these people know stuff I just will never know. I am not an educated man but I think these people know what is best for this girl?

Jade, you are wonderful, and all of your worries and all of your concerns have been shared by all of us here.

Your prayers are shared by all of us.

Thank you for your kind words. It is frustrating not knowing any of the information and it gets to me at times but we have to remember that they have a job to do. I have a dear friend that is a retired detective that solved one of the hardest murders in Maine and was the first case where they used DNA. He told me it isn't easy your heartbreaks not even being able to share information with the relatives because it could blow the case. He told me that she is in good hands with the FBI involved and local LE and they are trained and know what they are doing and now it is just a waiting game and hope they can find her but he is pretty sure they probably haves some leads by now. So we just have to keep faith and try and stay positive and get her face out there and hope someone has seen her but never give up.

Yup! I'm positive she is in good hands…. they are working this case day in and day out and have been all along. I'm positive that anything left unsaid is left that way in the best interest of Abby. I just wish they'd get that big break that would bring her home… like NOW!

But have they ever really said anything of substance? IMO, NO! Won't even just say "yes or no" to the question "Has Abby ever run away before".. that IS a question that a simple word could answer... instead we get the uncharacteristic blah blah blah...

I'm afraid much of what we believe or have thought, isn't what the truth really is. It just seems that there remains too much mystery when at this late in the case, it shouldn't be!

I had felt Abby was abducted in the beginning, but now... I don't think so. Abby left for whatever reasons. Whether she wants to come back or not, I don't know. If the letter even hinted to her being gone against her will, I feel that some of that letter would have been stated by now. NO I don't mean the entire letter! I mean a basic summary of it's contents. As of today, nothing is known about the letter, about Abby's state of mind, Abby's likes/dislikes, whether she has left before or not, heck we can't even state if she could have went to be with paternal family, or why LE just refuses to even speak of her Dad! Never seen anything like it, and IMO, many have simply stopped looking for Abby, and if they saw her, or suspected it was her, might not even report it, thinking Abby doesn't want to be at home, so why get involved?

I guess it was the last LE brief where the letter was mentioned, and the short haired lady that must be running the investigation stated something along the lines of why the resources for a runaway.. and that they will keep looking for Abby because Zyena wants them to. Ummm OK! YES if my child was missing I would want FBI and ever resource on the spot immediately. YET I would most likely only get the attention of local LE, and doubtful much would be done. WHAT is so different in THIS case, that got THIS much attention??? Something MUCH more than we've been told, IMO!!

And that lack of information has hindered the public's interests, IMO! I was just speaking to my husband the other day about Abby's case, and though he has seen her photos before, he didn't even remember it! I have neighbors from up north. She has grandkids that still live there. My neighbor keeps to herself, isn't active in the community per her choice. If I saw a teenage girl at her home, I wouldn't immediately think it could be Abby...but the truth is, it could be! It could be her granddaughter as well. But, if Abby changes hair colors, length, etc. nothing about her would truly stand out to identify her. Knowing more about her would help with that aspect! But...anyway...

Be safe Abby, wherever you are!!

JMO!!

But have they ever really said anything of substance? IMO, NO! Won't even just say "yes or no" to the question "Has Abby ever run away before".. that IS a question that a simple word could answer... instead we get the uncharacteristic blah blah blah...

I'm afraid much of what we believe or have thought, isn't what the truth really is. It just seems that there remains too much mystery when at this late in the case, it shouldn't be!

I had felt Abby was abducted in the beginning, but now... I don't think so. Abby left for whatever reasons. Whether she wants to come back or not, I don't know. If the letter even hinted to her being gone against her will, I feel that some of that letter would have been stated by now. NO I don't mean the entire letter! I mean a basic summary of it's contents. As of today, nothing is known about the letter, about Abby's state of mind, Abby's likes/dislikes, whether she has left before or not, heck we can't even state if she could have went to be with paternal family, or why LE just refuses to even speak of her Dad! Never seen anything like it, and IMO, many have simply stopped looking for Abby, and if they saw her, or suspected it was her, might not even report it, thinking Abby doesn't want to be at home, so why get involved?

I guess it was the last LE brief where the letter was mentioned, and the short haired lady that must be running the investigation stated something along the lines of why the resources for a runaway.. and that they will keep looking for Abby because Zyena wants them to. Ummm OK! YES if my child was missing I would want FBI and ever resource on the spot immediately. YET I would most likely only get the attention of local LE, and doubtful much would be done. WHAT is so different in THIS case, that got THIS much attention??? Something MUCH more than we've been told, IMO!!

And that lack of information has hindered the public's interests, IMO! I was just speaking to my husband the other day about Abby's case, and though he has seen her photos before, he didn't even remember it! I have neighbors from up north. She has grandkids that still live there. My neighbor keeps to herself, isn't active in the community per her choice. If I saw a teenage girl at her home, I wouldn't immediately think it could be Abby...but the truth is, it could be! It could be her granddaughter as well. But, if Abby changes hair colors, length, etc. nothing about her would truly stand out to identify her. Knowing more about her would help with that aspect! But...anyway...

Be safe Abby, wherever you are!!

JMO!!

There are NO indications that Abby ran away. She has NO history of running away. LE still classifies her as a missing person, not a run away.
She has no history of running away. It has been said here, on the FB page and in IIRC in MSM.

The short-haired woman you speak of is AG Jane Young. I'm not going to get into the letter thing as I doubt it helps Abby's case… I have no doubts they'd share if they felt it would help her case at all. Clearly they are working on this and have Abby's best interest in mind and at heart, daily.

As for people bowing out, well if they are going to continue to believe hearsay and rumor maybe they should bow out. Those who understand a child who went missing at 14 yrs of age, with no history of running away is in danger, is likely NOT gone of her own free will after 4 1/2 months…. they won't bow out. And, more come on daily from what I can see on the BAH FB page. I think sometimes specific wording is read into too deeply at the press conferences. I think sometimes the words are merely tossed out not knowing what specifically to say without giving away key facts that will hurt Abby's case if let out to the public.

That said, YA we'd all like to know. I'm sure there are things Zenya doesn't know that she'd also like to know (or maybe doesn't even know enough about to know they have). This is how LE solves cases, not all the time, but when you have a kid who has to have somebody else 'helping' them (holding them, whichever) at this point, you need to find and get that 'somebody else' That person or persons, he/she/they are not good, therefore are not safe.

This (BBM 2Hope4): I guess it was the last LE brief where the letter was mentioned, and the short haired lady that must be running the investigation stated something along the lines of why the resources for a runaway.. and that they will keep looking for Abby because Zyena wants them to. Ummm OK! YES if my child was missing I would want FBI and ever resource on the spot immediately. YET I would most likely only get the attention of local LE, and doubtful much would be done. WHAT is so different in THIS case, that got THIS much attention??? Something MUCH more than we've been told, IMO!! Exactly!!!! IF SHE WAS A RUNAWAY are the key words to me.…

To me it says they do NOT believe she is a runaway. That along with no history nor evidence of running away. They don't think she is a runaway, hence the continued action on this case from LE. I think or so it seems to me that "people guess she is a runaway" which is very different from what LE, MSM and verified members have said.

A kid who went missing, regardless of why, is in danger. We need to get her home- some how some way she needs to be home.

I feel for anyone who feels frustrated. I do. But LE is only going to present a legal perspective. That doesn't mean they don't feel what we feel. I imagine they do. How else would you do that job.

Mom left another Message to Abby on the BAH page.. So sad..

Please God let this be the day that Abby is found safe and brought home to her Mom and Sister..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member