Elephants for Travis

elephant.jpg

I mentioned this in KCL's thread but will say it here too...I love that elephants are a part of this. Every time I take my daughter to San Diego Safari Park, we head for the elephants first--our favorites to see. If the observation deck isn't busy, we'll sit there for awhile and just watch them. My daughter loves seeing the babies. We're taking a mini vacation in a couple days and our first stop is going to be the Safari Park. I'm sure I will be in tears this time thinking of Travis. This picture is from a past visit.

Attachments

• ElephantsCropped.png
    ElephantsCropped.png
    201.3 KB · Views: 39
Ok. I have to tell you.....
Elephants have always had a special place in my heart. When I was young, a circus came to our VERY small town. It was a small circus and had ONE elephant.
My Dad was a Civil Defense guy (rental cop now adays) and was responsible for helping with all the activities (such as fireworks, etc) and talked with the owner of said Circus. He agreed that me (and a friend of mine who's Dad was also a Civil Defense ) could RIDE the elephant between shows.
Well, as luck would have it a storm came during the night... Lightening struck the tree the elephant was tethered too.. She died. She was buried in a hole right beside the tree.....

I was broken hearted....
Fast forward to 2011... I went to Thailand with a friend.. and was able to ride an elephant for the first time.. :D
Now, today, a friend sends me a message that she found some soapstone elephants in her attic .... some have babies inside. she is bringing them to me cause she knows how much I LOVE elephants.....
:rockon:

I posted this in the Verdict Watch thread but I thought I would post it here too. I was listening to music & watching videos tonight to take my mind off the waiting & this video popped up. One of my favorite artists & a beautiful song for Travis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4s3dOn0GfQ

Lulu67 and I became friends via Websleuths. We found out we only live 12 miles from each other. So we had been meeting at a local place that has wifi and watched the trial and had dinner.

She left for Morocco the last week of final rebuttals and tried to keep up over there when she could find wifi. Last week during jury deliberations she went to dinner in a home in Casablanca and took a photo of what she saw as she entered the home.

This is what she wrote - - -"I walked into a house for dinner (during jury deliberations), and this was what I saw. Please share it on Websleuths.....I wasn't able from here."

Attachments

• elephant for travis.jpg
    elephant for travis.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 55
here's my elephant celebrated Justice for Travis on the beach!!

Attachments

• CelebrationattheBeach.jpg
    CelebrationattheBeach.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 29
a victory for Travis Alexander coincides...with:

A VICTORY FOR THE CONGO
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...48783995.76529.312766668787793&type=1&theater

In the heart of the world's second largest tropical rainforest, second only to the Amazon, lies a vast and pristine protected forest, Odzala-Kokoua National Park. Situated in the north-west of the Republic of Congo, this unique wilderness is home to a breathtakingly beautiful and complex ecosystem harboring some of the world’s greatest biological diversity. The Republic of Congo was once sanctuary to the largest Forest elephant population in Central Africa. The last survey in 2006 estimated the population to range between 11,000 and 18,000 animals; however due to rampant ivory poaching this number has dropped drastically and the Forest elephant is now critically endangered and teetering on extinction.

A May 9, 2013 press release from African Parks announced a major anti-poaching breakthrough at the Odzala-Kokoua National Park with the arrest of the kingpin of a regional ivory poaching and trafficking ring. The arrest of Ngondjo Ghislain, alias “Pépito”, represents a coup for park manager Leon Lamprecht and his law enforcement team who have been working in extremely difficult circumstances to combat poaching in and around Odzala in recent months. “Pepito allegedly has influential connections that previously secured him immunity against prosecution, and we are very relieved to have him behind bars,” stated Park Manager Leon Lamprecht.

Read the full article here on Africa Geographic blog: http://blog.africageographic.com/af...-breakthrough-at-odzala-kokoua-national-park/

Photo credit: Odzala-Kokoua National Park elephant. Chris Roche Wilderness Safaris www.safaritalk.net — with Jody Vernay and Linda Christine Fisher.

hehaduny.jpg

Justice for Travis!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elephant Painting a Elephant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foahTqz7On4

Justice for Travis

OMG - I WANT THAT elephant!!! Eula(?) - We have so misunderstood the animal kingdom...She could SPELL HER NAME! What a powerful video. And she is just a baby!

Did you see her going back over her own lines, making them darker? Did you watch the concentration in her eyes? Did you see her connect, without help - the lines, did you...(?) Oh, geez I could keep going!

I am ABSOLUTELY astonished at this!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back