GUILTY MD - Bobbie Cortez, 36, stabbed to death, Dundalk, 6 March 2014

I am hoping if TV is the one who killed BJC, that it was in a fit of rage over her marrying and bringing an RSO around his daughters. And that he took CV to make sure she was safe, maybe from the step-brother or someone else in the house. How the courts could give BJC custody of those girls with an RSO in the house is beyond me.

It looks like TV moved in when DC went to jail, maybe to help out with the kids or finances.

I'm hoping Dad is in protective mode with his daughter and he's taken her with him to protect her and not harm her in any way. I'm hoping that she didn't witness what happened to her mother and just thinks she's on an innocent road trip with Dad.

I saw her picture and my heart went out to her. Such a sweet, innocent child. I shudder to think of what she's already had to endure, living in a house with an RSO.

Caitlyn need to be found safe and sound.

Unfortunately, he has to know about the Amber Alert, and has not contacted authorities to let them know where she is.

"Cutting" death? I don't really understand that term at all. Hoping and praying Caitlyn is found safe: Amber Alerts are up all over WV because TV has/had family ties to a couple of counties.:please:

He was found guilty of the one in 2010 only.

The assault charge which happened 10/2010 (complaintant BE) a nolle prosequi was entered 12/2010. The state didn't prosecute this case - no guilty finding.

Frankly if he did do this to try to remove his daughter from a bad situation he sure is making it hard to not believe he's guilty of more than taking her.

This entire situation is so screwy! I spent a lot of time into the night reading BC' s facebook and a lot of her friends pages too. There is a whole lot more mess than what is being reported on!

Prayers for this baby girl and her siblings!

If all the info I have read in MSM is correct here is what I think:

1. The murder victim, Bobbie Jo Cortez, made bad decisions when it came to men. Not to denigrate the victim at all. I wonder if she even knew about the 2009 charges against DC when they became involved? If not, it's not like she was the kind of person who would look up someone's criminal history. From the Facebook posts, I agree with the previous poster who said it was all sunshine and light with her kids and then DC came into the picture and it was all about him. This is where moms make their mistakes, bringing a man into the home with their children and not knowing his background. If she knew his background, that makes it even worse.

2. I would bet dollars to donuts that DC perped on poor Caitlyn.

3. I believe a fight ensued between BJC and TV. I am wondering if BJC tried to defend DC saying he didn't do it. There was a Facebook comment that implied that the girls had been complaining about abuse since 2012. TV got mad and attacked BJC.

4. There is some "honor among thieves" kind of thinking. You can have a criminal background and still think that child molesters are the scum of the earth. You know how they are treated in prison. I think TV felt as a homeless man, he was powerless to help his children get out of this situation and who would believe a felon? Why did BJC let him move back in? Because she made bad decisions about men. This would have been the time she could have made a clean break from both of these guys for her children and she chose not to. I am not blaming the victim, I am just saying that sometimes these bad decisions pile up and the situation explodes.

4. I think TV took his daughter because she was the victim in the case and he felt he needed to protect her. He also felt the need to get the heck out of dodge because he killed BJC.

May this child be found safe!

From everything I've read, articles comments social media I think TV took the child to keep her safe. It doesn't excuse any behavior and it doesn't necessarily mean he is the proper person to keep her safe. I imagine he felt no one who should be stepping in to keep this child safe did so.
I guess my point is I do not think he would harm his daughter.

From everything I've read, articles comments social media I think TV took the child to keep her safe. It doesn't excuse any behavior and it doesn't necessarily mean he is the proper person to keep her safe. I imagine he felt no one who should be stepping in to keep this child safe did so.
I guess my point is I do not think he would harm his daughter.

My only problem with this is that desperate people do desperate things. Maybe he never intended to hurt his daughter but now that he could feel trapped by this arrest warrant things could get scarier really quick. :banghead:

BACO Public Safety ‏@BACOPoliceFire 2m

Arrest warrant that was issued for TImothy Howard Virts charges him with the fist degree murder of Bobbie Jo Cortez. http://ow.ly/ulC0S

My only problem with this is that desperate people do desperate things. Maybe he never intended to hurt his daughter but now that he could feel trapped by this arrest warrant things could get scarier really quick. :banghead:

I agree and I do not know why they would've announced that the warrant was issued. In a situation like this it seems a better idea to get the warrant and keep that mum until they have him. :banghead:

BACO Public Safety ‏@BACOPoliceFire 2m

Arrest warrant that was issued for TImothy Howard Virts charges him with the fist degree murder of Bobbie Jo Cortez. http://ow.ly/ulC0S

In for a penny, in for a pound. I'm more worried than I was before for this beautiful girl :(

I wonder about the warrant too. Isn't that going to put TV in panic mode? I pray Caitlyn is safe.

I know this is way out there but...is it possible that she killed her mom and dad took her to protect her? Maybe mom was sleeping and she killed her. I don't know just a thought.

I know this is way out there but...is it possible that she killed her mom and dad took her to protect her? Maybe mom was sleeping and she killed her. I don't know just a thought.

She's such a tiny girl. I don't think she could have done it...one stab would yes, but not an entire attack.

Considering we don't know what LE has I suppose it could be possible, especially if she was the one affected by DC.

WBAL Reporter

Jayne Miller ‏@jemiller11 51s

Grandmother of Caitlyn Virts-the 11 yr old in the Amber Alert- says her father was afraid he wouldn't see his girls again due to custody

https://twitter.com/jemiller11

BCo Breaking News
‏@BCObreakingnews

This is Caitlyn Virts without her glasses on.She may be travelling without wearing them. If seen call 911 immediately.

BiInaCiCQAAPLtv.jpg

pic.twitter.com/XXd3vg7fOM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong