Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #1 ***ARREST***

Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM:

:eek: :eek: OMG ... slept with a meat cleaver for protection ... WOW !

It seems like everyday, more and more info is coming out about ZA ... can you just imagine the amount of info there will be on ZA by the time this goes to Trial ?

I know ... some will not be admissible because it is "prejudicial to the defendant" . . . and blah blah blah . . .

He should never walk the streets again ...

:moo:

I missed the meat cleaver part in the article. But if that was true, how could mom say he wouldn't hurt anyone!! Wasn't she married to the step dad at the time sleeping by him with the cleaver in hand?? :banghead: Enable much??

Mother of suspect in Bobo case has message for family, community

From one mother to another, my heart is broken for Karen. I want Karen and the entire Bobo family to know that I am deeply saddened by their loss.

"We will continue to cooperate with the TBI on their ongoing investigation. I hope we all receive the facts and our questions are answered so we can begin to rebuild our lives after all this tragic loss. The community and our world lost a beautiful young lady. At this time our focus is on finding answers, truth and justice for Holly.

"As I will continue to pray, I ask others to pray for everyone who is hurting and effected. Let this bring us all together in love and let the hate end.

"I respectfully ask that you please respect my and my family's privacy. I am only speaking to Channel 4 News and will not releases any additional comments at this time."

http://www.wsmv.com/story/24918193/mother-of-suspect-in-bobo-case-has-message-for-family-community

:rolleyes:

She sounds pretty resigned to the fact that her son did this. She also didn't say anything along the lines of 'I hope they find her'. I think they have her. I think we'll find out in the coming days that Holly was on that property.

I agree. When I saw the helicopter footage of the search in progress, they had tents and guys digging a deep trench and sifting through the dirt. Someone probably told them where she was. I think they probably found her there, and the sifting was just them looking for smaller pieces of evidence in the area they found her (jewelry, smaller bones, etc.). IMO, the reason they haven't announced they found her is because she hasn't been formally identified.

JMO.

Or they haven't found all of her. :(

She sounds pretty resigned to the fact that her son did this. She also didn't say anything along the lines of 'I hope they find her'. I think they have her. I think we'll find out in the coming days that Holly was on that property.

I agree. Much different from all the other times she defended him. The evidence must be really solid, and she may know what it is. :twocents:

Well if any remains had NOT been identified they would not charge him with Holly's murder. They could be bones from a Cocker Spaniel... But, you do not need a body to have murder charges. I'm sure whatever evidence there is, is good... we just will have to wait and see.

They didn't charge him until 4 days later. jmo

Well if any remains had NOT been identified they would not charge him with Holly's murder. They could be bones from a Cocker Spaniel... But, you do not need a body to have murder charges. I'm sure whatever evidence there is, is good... we just will have to wait and see.

They would be able to tell the difference between a human skull and a cocker spaniel. Yes, someone could be charged with murder without a body, but not likely a capital murder charge three years after the fact. It would need to be definitive to get something like that to stick. In other words, a 'but she hasn't been seen or heard from since' would not cut it for that level of charge. They would need hard evidence just to show that he kidnapped her. To me, it seems like evidence they found directly on his property is what got him both of the charges. I think they found her first during the property search, then worked backwards to charge him with the aggravated kidnapping. Hope that made sense.

They would not need to match DNA to charge him with Holly's murder if they found a body and corroborating evidence (i.e. some of her belongings). The DNA test would just be confirmation at this point.

Edit: just read another post that he wasn't charged until 4 days after the search. That would likely be enough time to ID her.

JMO.

The reason I get ill at ZA's family is only because I think they always bailed him out, made excuses for him, and didn't hold him accountable over all these years. If he had been in jail for at least one of his many felonies, then Holly would still be with us.

Charley Project Website has a whole list of people who have been reported missing, had someone charged with their murder without the body being located:

http://www.charleyproject.org/corpus/index.html

A first degree murder charge (capital) can be given if it has been proved that there were aggravating circumstances, i.e. during the commission of another felony, in this case kidnapping. If they can prove she is dead and ZA did it, it shouldn't be too difficult to prove she was taken against her will.

With that being said, I think they may have found her. I haven't seen any cases where they have arrested someone without a body, and not give the ol "we're confident that the person is no longer with us, but without a body he/she is still considered missing" speech. I haven't seen any indication that she is still classified as missing

Hmm. That Facebook post is concerning to me. In 2011, folks didn't really post to FB via smart phones - or at least it wasn't regular practice. Heck, he may have not even owned a smart phone at that point. I didn't. I had a Blackberry for work and a Samsung flip phone for personal use. Also, she lived in BFE, so cell/Wifi access was probably non-existent.

If he posted that from home, it isn't likely that he is the perp, given the timeline, IMO. LE needs to release some of what they have on this guy to clear up the doubts. I fear they may have just honed in on him because he bragged about doing it, which is something stupid people do rather than evil, calculating perpetrators.

JMO

How old is ZA? I will be 24 next month & I've used Facebook from my phone since probably 2008. Even before I got a smartphone, I still used the browser on my older flip phones to access Facebook (and Myspace when it was "in"). I got an iPhone in 2011 and was one of the last people I knew to get one; so for those in their 20s I don't find it uncommon to have been using FB from a cell phone in 2011. I'm not sure if a guy like ZA in a rural area would have a phone with capabilities like that back then, but most people I know did. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They would be able to tell the difference between a human skull and a cocker spaniel. Yes, someone could be charged with murder without a body, but not likely a capital murder charge three years after the fact. It would need to be definitive to get something like that to stick. In other words, a 'but she hasn't been seen or heard from since' would not cut it for that level of charge. They would need hard evidence just to show that he kidnapped her. To me, it seems like evidence they found directly on his property is what got him both of the charges. I think they found her first during the property search, then worked backwards to charge him with the aggravated kidnapping. Hope that made sense.

They would not need to match DNA to charge him with Holly's murder if they found a body and corroborating evidence (i.e. some of her belongings). The DNA test would just be confirmation at this point.

Edit: just read another post that he wasn't charged until 4 days after the search. That would likely be enough time to ID her.

JMO.

Well yeah that was my whole point. They had days to come up with something. So I cant see charging him with murder without proof.

But, you do not have to have a body to have a murder charge. Its rather common actually.

If a body has been burned, skeleton fragmented, etc. it can be hard to tell human bones from animal bones. Around here people always think a bear paw or gator foot are human. But again that is why they had at least 4 days to work with whatever they found, if anything tangible.

Charley Project Website has a whole list of people who have been reported missing, had someone charged with their murder without the body being located:

http://www.charleyproject.org/corpus/index.html

A first degree murder charge (capital) can be given if it has been proved that there were aggravating circumstances, i.e. during the commission of another felony, in this case kidnapping. If they can prove she is dead and ZA did it, it shouldn't be too difficult to prove she was taken against her will.

With that being said, I think they may have found her. I haven't seen any cases where they have arrested someone without a body, and not give the ol "we're confident that the person is no longer with us, but without a body he/she is still considered missing" speech. I haven't seen any indication that she is still classified as missing

No doubt, but it seems like in this case they would've found evidence that she was dead before they could've charged him with her kidnapping. That's why I think the kidnapping was more of a 'self-evident charge' after she was found.

How old is ZA? I will be 24 next month & I've used Facebook from my phone since probably 2008. Even before I got a smartphone, I still used the browser on my older flip phones to access Facebook (and Myspace when it was "in"). I got an iPhone in 2011 and was one of the last people I knew to get one; so for those in their 20s I don't find it uncommon to have been using FB from a cell phone in 2011. I'm not sure if a guy like ZA in a rural area would have a phone with capabilities like that back then, but most people I know did. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's 29

Its alot to take in that your kid is a killer. No mother wants to think that and love their kid. I think we sometimes forget that the perps family hurt too. It must be awful coming to terms that you had a kid that did something so horrific to another person. I thought her statement to be respectful to the Bobo family. I think there would be a mixture of feelings to process. You love them but cant stomach them. She probably knows he did this and is sickened. She may have suspected before his arrest he did it but needed proof and was praying he didnt do it.

Its alot to take in that your kid is a killer. No mother wants to think that and love their kid. I think we sometimes forget that the perps family hurt too. It must be awful coming to terms that you had a kid that did something so horrific to another person. I thought her statement to be respectful to the Bobo family. I think there would be a mixture of feelings to process. You love them but cant stomach them. She probably knows he did this and is sickened.

Well I don't see how she failed to realize his capabilities. He shot her point-blank with 9mm glock 10 years ago...and her husband slept with a meat cleaver under his bed until they could move to another state.

Well I don't see how she failed to realize his capabilities. He shot her point-blank with 9mm glock 10 years ago...and her husband slept with a meat cleaver under his bed until they could move to another state.

Que the defense attorneys support for "undiagnosed mental health issues"

Well yeah that was my whole point. They had days to come up with something. So I cant see charging him with murder without proof.

But, you do not have to have a body to have a murder charge. Its rather common actually.

If a body has been burned, skeleton fragmented, etc. it can be hard to tell human bones from animal bones. Around here people always think a bear paw or gator foot are human. But again that is why they had at least 4 days to work with whatever they found, if anything tangible.

ITA on all points. I do wonder though, the TBI throughout this entire case has remained silent. Very few if any updates. It makes me wonder exactly how large that pool of blood was in the driveway and that even if she was led into the woods by ZA that she was already wounded so badly that without prompt medical attention she would have expired rather quickly after the assault/kidnapping. The community as a whole and all who have lovingly followed this case truly had serious hope that she would be found alive. Ala Elizabeth Smart. It makes me think that the TBI and whatever investigative powers involved in this case felt the opposite from the beginning and out of respect for the hope that family and everyone else had remained silent.

Again thoughts and prayers to Holly's family. So very sad and tragic. Everything that is coming out about ZA is disturbing. It shows a very scary pattern of escalation.

I think parents of murderers go through similar stages as the victims families, IMO

1. Denial and Isolation

2. Anger

3. Bargaining
If only we had sought medical attention sooner…
If only we got a second opinion from another doctor…
If only we had tried to be a better person toward them…

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

I think she was sincere in her statement.

Sometimes I think it's easy for a Parent to blame their Childs extreme behavior on the drugs. Thinking if they were not an addict they wouldn't behave this way. I think the Court viewed it this way as well. Evident when he got rehab for shooting his Mom. I think ZA was born a bad seed. The drugs just intensified who and what ZA actually is. IMO.

I found ZA's mom's comments to be as gracious as possible. I also found them sincere.
It's been mentioned before, but parents easily slip into denial. Their minds cannot fathom reality. I have an adult daughter who has some significant problems. On paper, I know full well she's probably capable of some very bad things. In my heart I hold the healthy, intelligent child and pray my influence in her formative years will forever keep her from crossing that line. That said, were it someday come to pass, I would be devastated and so incredibly filled with guilt I'm not sure what level of babbling mess I would be. I don't think I'd slip into denial, though. But one can't even be sure.
I opted for an opposite tact from the Adams, it seems. I had her arrested, searched, placed on psych holds, court-ordered treatment... etc. Still. It happens. :-(

ITA on all points. I do wonder though, the TBI throughout this entire case has remained silent. Very few if any updates. It makes me wonder exactly how large that pool of blood was in the driveway and that even if she was led into the woods by ZA that she was already wounded so badly that without prompt medical attention she would have expired rather quickly after the assault/kidnapping. The community as a whole and all who have lovingly followed this case truly had serious hope that she would be found alive. Ala Elizabeth Smart. It makes me think that the TBI and whatever investigative powers involved in this case felt the opposite from the beginning and out of respect for the hope that family and everyone else had remained silent.

Again thoughts and prayers to Holly's family. So very sad and tragic. Everything that is coming out about ZA is disturbing. It shows a very scary pattern of escalation.

Her brother saw the blood first and has mentioned in interviews that it wasn't a lot. Something along the lines of him thinking the boyfriend had killed a turkey and it was dripping off of his clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member