Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting we are now hearing the "disintegration" story...
It was yesterday when they said mechanical or structural issues were NOT an issue.
Because this plane is wonderful and that could never happen. :banghead:

Might have been intended to crash into a city but their attempts were foiled by crew or passengers, never know.
I think if it is terrorism the thing fell through

Like Flight 93. :seeya:
I would think Beijing would make more sense to crash it... but maybe that WAS the plan if it was terrorism.

I agree with Waddles that it could have been thwarted.

Or, it could be someone wanting to take a passenger (or a few) out for important reasons - as in a professional hit. Of course, there are much easier ways to do that than take down a whole plane.

That's what I thought when I heard the "pilot suicide" theory.
Seriously? A whole plane? But it's happened before. :scared:

Does anyone know (sorry if it's already been discussed) how long after the flight vanished it was reported to the media (was it when it was supposed to land) and for how long before that had Malaysia Airlines known the plane was missing, would it have been as soon as it vanished off the screen or was it not noticed straight away?

Also does anyone know off hand how long that flight is?

The media was contacted when the flight was an hour late.
The flight is about 6 hours long.
We don't know when they noticed it missing, but it disappeared 40 minutes into the flight...
Not the 2 hours they reported.

I've seen on the live radar sites that there is another airport in this flight's general flight path and to the NE just before this flight would have been over the ocean. Don't know anything about that airport and will have to go look up its name. Wondering if they could have turned to try and land there since it was so much closer. jmo

eta: this is the one, I think

Sultan Mahmud Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree, the plane disappeared 40 minutes into the flight...
I think the closest airport would have been the one on the coast.
They appear to fly right over it before going into the water.

I asked my mother to listen to is closely, with earbuds on, and she does not believe the voice is speaking in Vietnamese. I was really hoping she would be able to listen and translate it for us. I wanted you to know I tried :banghead:

The video literally made my blood run cold. It could mean everything, or it could represent a computer glitch and nothing (coincidence, if you believe in those sort of things, but I don't happen to).

At least this will hopefully help to direct the searchers :moo:

I'm seriously scratching my head over why this video is mysterious. The website is a Malaysian news outlet ([ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astro_Awani"]Astro Awani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]) -- so they're probably speaking whaever language is most common there. The news is interviewing the radar tracking website about how accurate it is (as stated in the article accompanying the video) and using a replay of its' tracking of THIS flight.

jmo

Interpol says no country checked its database before Malaysia flight

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...-loses-contact-with-plane-carrying-23-people/

Rodzali Daud didn't say which direction the plane might have taken when it apparently went off route.

"We are trying to make sense of this," he told a media conference. "The military radar indicated that the aircraft may have made a turn back and in some parts, this was corroborated by civilian radar."

“It can’t vanish from primary radar unless it is a stealth bomber,” said Mikael Robertsson of FlightRadar24, a flight-tracking service.

The airline’s own transponder, which broadcasts the plane’s position and location, went completely dark while the plane was cruising at a steady 35,000 feet, he said. “Everything indicates it must have lost altitude suddenly,” he said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...0d8a8c-a763-11e3-b61e-8051b8b52d06_story.html

bbm, I am not a Dr or pilot, but this does not make sense to me.

My condolences to those who have lost loved ones.
I really didn't like how the press were pushing cameras into the faces of those trying to get news about their loved ones. If it was me I may have started shoving a few cameras and yelling at them to leave.

Disturbing as well about the two who may have been flying with stolen passports. It seems like we've learned nothing after 9/11.

MOO

I'm seriously scratching my head over why this video is mysterious. The website is a Malaysian news outlet (Astro Awani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) -- so they're probably speaking whaever language is most common there. The news is interviewing the radar tracking website about how accurate it is (as stated in the article accompanying the video) and using a replay of its' tracking of THIS flight.

jmo

When I heard the audio on the clip, I personally thought the language might have been Vietnamese. My father was an Army officer, and my mother speaks both languages fluently. Asking her to take a listen, and translate (if my hunch turned out to be correct), would have been germane to the discussion, as other posters stated they were curious as to what the man was saying in the background.

I hope this makes sense as to why I posted it. Your explanation as to the likelihood that he is speaking in Malaysian also is logical. However, he is just a voice in the background, and there is always the potential that he could have been speaking another language, so I took a chance, and shared my findings.

ETA: the fact that the plane is being searched for in/near Vietnames airspace/waters is also another reason I wanted my Mom to take a listen. I hope this makes sense. It was the first thought that entered my mind, after hearing the dialect.
:seeya:

Ahhh websleuths... I knew there would be some discussion to be had here hahaha!

I haven't read through the entire thread... so I have no idea what kind of speculation, theory's and conspiracy's have been put forward as yet ;)

I'm sure there are other pilots on here who can (or already have) added some of the technical scope and detail to fill others in - I would like to add my own thoughts on this - in the one forum where "armchair detective" is acceptable ;)

My background:

I'm a former pilot in the Royal Australian Air Force. Aircraft types flown include everything from bug CT-4 trainers (Bug smashers) through to fast jet types such as the Hawk 127 and F-111G/C.

I recently (Jan/Feb) spent a month flying "Jumpseat" with Malaysian Airlines aboard their 737-800 and 777-200 aircraft - So this incident had a strange feeling of personal attachment.

My first point of contention is the claim that they have not located the aircraft.
I'm 100% sure they know exactly where it is and they likely knew within minutes of it being confirmed down.

There are MULTIPLE independent and redundant systems that are operating aboard this aircraft type and configuration that are not related in task and essentially perform completely separate tasks, yet for one reason or another, utilize accurate real time location reporting as part of what they do.

Things such as real time maint. reports (that continuously send flight performance data to the aircraft maint. teams throughout the flight) would have included a GPS lat. Long. co-ordinate current to the last event log. If there was a major structural or mechanical failure, this would likely have been reported (even as system after system failed within seconds before complete disintegration in mid air). (Read more about the Air France Airbus A-330-200 crash and the way this system works with google search if you want to know more). This is a Boeing aircraft, and the system on the 777-200 is not as modern and comprehensive as the newer 330-200 airbus system, but its still well within capability of this.

Secondly - Civil Aviation Laws dictate that all civilian flights over open water must carry a emergency locating beacon device ... basically an EPIRB. On a small private aircraft, this would normally have to be activated by a person at the time of emergency, however the ones fitted to *most* large commercial airliners these days are automatically activated when they are triggered by a G-Load sensor (essentially recording a high G-force that is deemed consistent with a crash scenario) and possibly even water activation. I'm not 100% on these systems and what MA uses, but they are definately fitted in one shape or form.

Thirdly - Military Radar. I can tell you right now, the counties in that region are all monitoring that airspace with almost paranoid levels of constant observation. Whilst Indonesia and Vietnam do not have the most capable or moderm radar systems around these days, Singapore does - and you'd be hard pressed flying a kite in that area without one, if not all of them knowing.

We often flew joint exercises with countries in the area (from Singapore) and I'm more than aware of who is watching what and how closely round there ;)

On top of that, there are "unspoken tensions" between countries in this region that I won't detail here - that ensure that with some countries getting their ambitions mixed up with their capabilities, there are always paranoid eyes watching everything and everyone who might dare cross their line of turf.

Then there are the SOSUS listening devices that have been placed all through the SE Asian waters - capable of hearing a boat leave port in Vietnam and identifying it as a village fisherman or a military type vessel.. its incredibly accurate and capable, uses triangulation and other classified methods by which is can locate a sound, vessel or target of interest down to a few meters. The system is constantly monitoring and everything is saved for analysts to review - for a long long period of time in review if required.

This area of the world is particularly "Hot" right now... strategically, things are starting to get a little on the "tense" side with defense budgets of all in the region growing and growing - and a good deal of that being spent by everyone on equipment that accurately monitors all activity of shipping and aircraft movements that cross their territory or even come close to it.

Thank you so much for this! Answers so many questions I couldn't even begin to ask!!!

My condolences to those who have lost loved ones.
I really didn't like how the press were pushing cameras into the faces of those trying to get news about their loved ones. If it was me I may have started shoving a few cameras and yelling at them to leave.

Disturbing as well about the two who may have been flying with stolen passports. It seems like we've learned nothing after 9/11.

MOO

I agree with you about the cameras! These poor people don't even know of the fate of their loved ones and they have cameras in their face as they try to come to terms with what has happened :( Some of the articles do seem incredibly intrusive.

FIVE passengers did not board? I see their luggage was removed - but still - that's quite a few not to board after checking luggage. And add to it that they are now looking at four passengers boarding with fake passports/ID.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that most flights don't have such a high amount of suspicious activity among the passengers.

Who goes through all the trouble of checking bags then not boarding? I can understand one or two doing that, but 5????

In case you haven't been able to see it yet:

Vu Trong Khanh ‏@TrongKhanhVu 6m
#MH370 Vietnam search and rescue aircraft spotted new floating object. Authorities are not sure what it is.

View attachment 41680

Looks just like a life jacket with a hole in the middle but the way things are going....

This sounds like a trial run for a terrorist attack elsewhere to me. IMO

Yes they can and (fortunately very rarely) do. Think of the speed and force that is placed on an aircraft during flight. A series of malfunctions can mean a plane literally falls apart around you.

I think my interpretation of disintegrate is probably different from what they meant. When I think of something disintegrating,I envision it more like totally disappearing like evaporating.no pieces found ever.
whatever happened I sure hope those poor people aboard were not aware.

Just how much plane debris is in the ocean?

Quite a few in that region alone ......

This is just some from the end of Vietnam War.

'So many South Vietnamese helicopters landed on the TF76 ships that some 45 UH-1 Hueys and at least one CH-47 Chinook were pushed overboard to make room for more helicopters to land.
Other helicopters dropped off their passengers and were then ditched into the sea by their pilots, close to the ships, their pilots bailing out at the last moment to be picked up by rescue boats.'

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Frequent_Wind"]Operation Frequent Wind - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23