Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shadowing idea has been discussed before, and I find it plausible, but I keep thinking wouldn't the other plane's radar (plane being shadowed) pick up a radar signature of the approaching other aircraft? Maybe not if the transponder is turned off? Any pilot types that can answer this?

Not a pilot but read that if transponder was turned off on the 370, the plane being shadowed would not pick up any radar. Sorry, no link, so JMO, I guess.

The shadowing idea has been discussed before, and I find it plausible, but I keep thinking wouldn't the other plane's radar (plane being shadowed) pick up a radar signature of the approaching other aircraft? Maybe not if the transponder is turned off? Any pilot types that can answer this?

Not a pilot, but from what I've learned (mostly from these threads!), no plane would have been able to pick up a radar signal of MH370 once the transponder was turned off.

My latest personal theory is that this pilot was rehearsing flying at different altitudes on his simulator or other such strategies that he'd be using, kinda like when kids who shoot up schools practice on violent video games...

1) What strategies could he practice that he wouldn't already know how to do as a pilot? Is there anything specific that people can think of?

2) While you could argue that some people are inspired by violent video games, I'd hardly say anyone uses them for practice. Such games do not seem very realistic in terms of firing a gun, and usually take place in war zones or in street battles dissimilar to a school environment.

Exactly. I mean if the public were told that someone had posted on the internet 30 times about the rape and murder of an 8 year old girl, and their search history showed they searched for news twice a day for 3 months. Would that seem suspicious? Less suspicious than someone posting condolences for the victims of something tragic.

It would all seem pretty normal to the people of websleuths, but to your neighbours? the general public? would they see you as a paedophile, or a kindly old lady who feels they are helping?

Yup - I've always had an interest in researching drugs and murders, but I've never even gotten an intense argument with someone, and I didn't drink alcohol until age 21. Never done illegal drugs or taken more meds than prescribed. I'm clean as a whistle in my life, but my online history could be used quite badly. One of the young men from Mass. held on terrorism charges at Guantanamo was convicted because he translated some documents into English for jihadist-affiliated people. A huge focus at trial was the fact that he had images of Bin Laden and pro-jihadist images on his computer - not like saved, but in his internet cache. Now try and imagine everything you have in your internet cache, but the public is stupid about that stuff. You have no idea what's in there. I know mine has the JonBenet Ramsey autopsy photos and plenty of other disturbing crime-related images. That doesn't mean I saved them to look at because I enjoy them - and there are people who do save them to keep track of them, but not for any creepy purpose. But it doesn't matter.

Guy on CNN just said probably NOT pilot suicide, because you wouldn't fly another 4-5 hours after turning to do that!

Totally agree.

Also, just now on CNN, a question: Could a person with a laptop hack into the aircraft computer? Answer: NO!

:pcguru:

Sorry I can't keep up, but I have a question. Today, I'm hearing about the pilot's wife and children leaving their home again. Wasn't that debunked as a possible triggering event because she was only staying at another home they owned? Or has it been un-debunked?

I haven't read anything to date that clarifies

I agree the keyboard strokes indicate the crew, but why the phrase? If they were involved, wouldn't they try to act as non-suspiciously as possible? Or if they wanted to let them know something was wrong, say something more direct? Why deviate slightly from normal sign off and give a polite good night?

Not to sound harsh, but I think "All Right, Goodnight" means:

A. Switch off transponder.
B. Reprogram flight plan.
C. Depressurize cabin.

JMO.

If they now know (or are just telling us now) the flight plan was re-programmed would they not be able to tell us "when" this happened. To me that's key.

Would think any change made via keyboard would be dated and timed.

But I read that the political party he supported was pro-democracy, in addition to being an "official" opposition party to the party in power. It wasn't a brutal dictator he was supporting, or anything like that! Nor is it a Muslim extremist party. In fact, I'd say the ruling party in Malaysia is WAY more extremist, considering they just had Ibrahim jailed for 5 years for being homosexual! If politics figured in at all, it may be that Captain Shah was depressed or saddened by Ibrahim's verdict, and/or his wife and children leaving the house and decided on suicide (although I think that's a long shot). But I'm getting kind of sick of people referring to Shah as a "political extremist." Politically involved, sure, but many of us are!
I don't know, I'm suspicious of him. Ibrahim was reportedly anti-Israel. I have a vested interest in Israel...

I think the international language for pilots is English - since different ATCs don't have staff that speak every conceivable language, there has to be some default language for international flights. I don't know how they decide when to use it. But I know there have been controversies in crashes before with pilots switching or misunderstanding languages.

Yes, there definitely has been flight disasters that were attibuted to language barriers.

Below is a link to a very recent Plane Crash in San Francisco California in 2013 where it was indicated that language barriers could have contributed to the cause of crash. Lucky there were not many killed in this one.

"The language barrier between the air traffic controllers and the pilots on the Korean airliner may also have been a factor."

http://nj1015.com/plane-crashes-at-san-francisco-airport/

I hear what you are saying but why? Why would you take a plane to altitudes it was not designed for. It could have been all over in that moment. Especially if your mission was to deliver that plane.
I've also been hearing low-flying to fly under radar.

Not to sound harsh, but I think "All Right, Goodnight" means:

A. Switch off transponder.
B. Reprogram flight plan.
C. Depressurize cabin.

I don't understand how that makes any sense.

They were talking to ATC, who were not controlling the plane.

Just to clarify when I posted ^ if our computers were ever searched we would be screwed. I posted in jest. My thanks button is acting up so I am only able to thank some posts. Last time I thanked I got booted off. So thanks everyone in advance lol

It would seem if flight plan were changed in the air, ATC on ground would have gotten a report especially since the change was made into a communication system and not by controls.

ETA if this is not the case, it needs to change!

Yes, there definitely has been flight disasters that were attibuted to language barriers.

Below is a link to a very recent Plane Crash in San Francisco California in 2013 where it was indicated that language barriers could have contributed to the cause of crash. Lucky there were not many killed in this one.

"The language barrier between the air traffic controllers and the pilots on the Korean airliner may also have been a factor."

http://nj1015.com/plane-crashes-at-san-francisco-airport/
Key word is may. I haven't heard anything more that has attributed this crash to a language barrier.

Guy on CNN just said probably NOT pilot suicide, because you wouldn't fly another 4-5 hours after turning to do that!

Makes sense to me, and we discussed that yesterday as well.

I think WS is a day ahead of CNN. ;)

May I ask what makes you think the FO is involved?

I just get a bad vibe off him, and his behaviour preceding this is not exactly classy or professional, imo.

I have not 100% ruled out the 2 Iranians, but, I believe if they are involved, it's indirectly and they were not part of the "master plan".

They were "the last minute" mules they (FO and ?) hired, possibly assisted with the plane ticket and stolen passports. JMO.

My stomach gets queasy when I look at him/think about him. That's all I got.

You think the two Iranians were distractions? Maybe they were a red herring for the real terrorist? That's viable IMO.

1) What strategies could he practice that he wouldn't already know how to do as a pilot? Is there anything specific that people can think of?

2) While you could argue that some people are inspired by violent video games, I'd hardly say anyone uses them for practice. Such games do not seem very realistic in terms of firing a gun, and usually take place in war zones or in street battles dissimilar to a school environment.

Yup - I've always had an interest in researching drugs and murders, but I've never even gotten an intense argument with someone, and I didn't drink alcohol until age 21. Never done illegal drugs or taken more meds than prescribed. I'm clean as a whistle in my life, but my online history could be used quite badly. One of the young men from Mass. held on terrorism charges at Guantanamo was convicted because he translated some documents into English for jihadist-affiliated people. A huge focus at trial was the fact that he had images of Bin Laden and pro-jihadist images on his computer - not like saved, but in his internet cache. Now try and imagine everything you have in your internet cache, but the public is stupid about that stuff. You have no idea what's in there. I know mine has the JonBenet Ramsey autopsy photos and plenty of other disturbing crime-related images. That doesn't mean I saved them to look at because I enjoy them - and there are people who do save them to keep track of them, but not for any creepy purpose. But it doesn't matter.

BBM.
Same here! Since joining Websleuths and getting more into true crime/serial killer things, my Internet cache is full of things that could make me look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea