Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Morcombe would have become a cold case if it wasn't for his devoted parents. It's apparent Novy could be forgotten and become just another statistic as her parents and loved ones are so far away. It's becoming obvious to me some of our police force are a little lazy and then it's too late.

That happened at a unit? the raid where they found the opals etc was a much larger property.

Yes, Seabreeze1, this was in an apartment at Surfers Paradise. But it was part of a major operation targeting drugs, counterfeit money, weapons and stolen goods with some links to bikie crime gangs.

This apartment block is well known for stolen cars, number plate changes, drug labs, prostitution, stolen goods and generally being stand-over thugs.

I can't help making the connection from Novy, to the Mt Nathan excavation, then the property nearby where police uncovered stolen cars, TV's etc, then this in Surfers Paradise. Someone amongst this lot knows something about Novy. Too bad there is honor amongst thieves. :banghead:

Yes, Seabreeze1, this was in an apartment at Surfers Paradise. But it was part of a major operation targeting drugs, counterfeit money, weapons and stolen goods with some links to bikie crime gangs.

This apartment block is well known for stolen cars, number plate changes, drug labs, prostitution, stolen goods and generally being stand-over thugs.

I can't help making the connection from Novy, to the Mt Nathan excavation, then the property nearby where police uncovered stolen cars, TV's etc, then this in Surfers Paradise. Someone amongst this lot knows something about Novy. Too bad there is honor amongst thieves. :banghead:

I can't help thinking there is a connection also.

There seems to be quite a few people due in the same court room at the same time?

Yes, that's very normal - plenty of media present at Southport Magistrates Court today. Currently waiting for the proceedings to begin in court #9.

Strangely Mr. Chardon hasn't appeared. As usual court #9 was busy and noisy so I think I missed out on any possible news. I think there was a discussion about a timetable that both parties had to agree on but I'm afraid that's about all I managed to hear. Quite a few news reporters and camera crews running around here so I guess MSM will report on it later today.

This article was updated today (even though it is originally dated 31st January) ...

Google says "JOHN Chardon, the husband of missing Gold Coast woman Novy, will face a five-day ... Last Updated: March 18, 2014 ... by: Leah Fineran; From: Gold Coast Bulletin; January 31, 2014 11:27AM ... Chardon was nowhere to be seen at the Southport District Court as his case ... The case will have a pre-trial review on July 8."

I believe the update is this lone sentence ...

The case will have a pre-trial review on July 8.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...-charges-in-july/story-fnje8bkv-1226814876596

Removed a bunch of posts. Folks we don't do rumours on WS.

IF you're going to make a statement as fact you're going to need a media or police link to support it.

No link = no post

AJ63, yes I contacted Police. They drove me to identify the exact area for them, then took me to the station to make a formal statement. Does anyone know the name of the actual officer who is personally handling the case?

AJ63, yes I contacted Police. They drove me to identify the exact area for them, then took me to the station to make a formal statement. Does anyone know the name of the actual officer who is personally handling the case?

I believe his full title is....South Eastern Regional Crime Co-ordinator, Detective Superintendent David Hutchinson

Detective Superintendent David Hutchinson, who heads up the case,

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...-more-successful/story-fnj94idh-1226850767538

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...her-novy-chardon/story-fnje8bkv-1226859500253

$250,000 reward generates leads in the hunt for missing Upper Coomera mother Novy Chardon

Detective Superintendent David Hutchinson said that the $250,000 reward offered by the State Government had generated some interest and possible new leads.

“There have been a number of Crime Stopper reports received since the notification of the reward and those matters are still being investigated now,” he said.

Det Supt Hutchinson said he could not elaborate on what those leads were, but said no major crime scenes were on the horizon.

I'm thinking the same....Novy will become a cold case with no leads :(
I'm hoping the police are doing some undercover work AKA Cowan.

TGY, I wondered when the reward was offered - they don't usually do that if they are close to an arrest. And it should have flushed out some informants by now.

No leads is of concern. We need justice on Novy's behalf.

:seeya:
TGY, I wondered when the reward was offered - they don't usually do that if they are close to an arrest. And it should have flushed out some informants by now.

No leads is of concern. We need justice on Novy's behalf.

Breaking, with every day that passes there's less chance of finding Novy and her murderer lives a full life. :(

I'm thinking the same....Novy will become a cold case with no leads :(
I'm hoping the police are doing some undercover work AKA Cowan.

I highly doubt whoever is involved would be dumb enough to fall for an undercover sting like Cowan. I think the police are still investigating. There hasn't been any announcement that forensics didnt find anything during the dig has there?

:waiting: waiting game again:(
I find it unlikely that this case will remain unsolved in the long run yet it's surprising to see how long has passed wihtout an arrest or vital clue/evidence. Crossing fingers for breaking news sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken