EVIDENCE - Pro and Con

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the evidence is unknown to us right now. The state only showed what they needed to in order for a judge to deny bail.

And, I read this morning that the grand jury indicted the M's for kidnapping and murder. I don't know if that means a preliminary hearing will still be held. If not, then we won't learn about much evidence until trial, which will be at least a year away, by the estimates given.

I think SM calling HE out of the blue from a pay phone, after returning from a long road trip with the wife, could also give weight to the allegation that he was not allowed to have his phone and that he was going to leave his wife. I'd love to know if he was alone at that pay phone. If TM was there then it strongly suggests premeditation. I just wonder if that's the case why wasn't Heather lured away from her home during/after that call.
I have one theory where SM was able to get to the payphone while TM was using the restroom (or some such thing) and that he might have told Heather he wanted to go away with her and meant it, arranging to meet at 3:30 at PTL. Heather wasn't sure what she wanted to do about it (phone call to room mate and trying to call SM back on the payphone), getting SM on the phone at 3:17 and maybe getting a cryptic message if TM was in the room, arriving at PTL late and being worried when SM wasn't there, so trying to call, seeing the truck pull up, getting out of her car and getting whacked on the head because TM was in the truck and SM didn't know TM was going to whack her. It's way out there, but still fits within the facts, I think.

I get this picture in my head of Heather and SM, like kids in love, as he is easy to view like a child with an abusive controlling wife/mom. Maybe he is, maybe not, maybe he was handcuffed somewhere at home while his wife carried out the deed. She looked happy with the gun in the court pic of them, maybe put a gun to his head many times. Then again maybe he was sick of the whole thing, or jealous/angry because Heather was choosing to move on and was ready to help TM get her. Of the two, he is the bigger question to me.

Most of the evidence is unknown to us right now. The state only showed what they needed to in order for a judge to deny bail.

And, I read this morning that the grand jury indicted the M's for kidnapping and murder. I don't know if that means a preliminary hearing will still be held. If not, then we won't learn about much evidence until trial, which will be at least a year away, by the estimates given.

Above, BBM:

Yes, and with the gag order now in place, I don't think we'l be seeing any more. :(

I have a question about the photo in the bond hearing. The one with them grinning like fools and tm holding the gun. Did they elaborate when it was taken? Did they mention the significance of the photo?

The times given for the IE charges indicate something was up with them, unless IE is their habit, and also the places of the IE, nearer to Heather's side of town, he calls just as she gets back from date, was he, they watching her that day, if the receipt in her car and his call were from the same vicinity, or same place, again, hard to see that as random seeing as how she was lured to PTL and killed, and all this occurs the 17th and 18th of December- that time for TM and SM may have not started with a murder plan, but became one, or maybe TM, and possibly SM, had been thinking on this awhile and it worked out to get her on that night- she was alone. What makes people think that way and what did they do with her? TM did not like that Heather entered her life and now TM has screwed it up far more herself, and her family- well, with the way TM thinks, family is better off.

I thought when SM was using the.payphone...TM was sexting the teen boy? Or am I incorrect?,

As an aside, I hope that mother presses charges.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk HD

I thought when SM was using the.payphone...TM was sexting the teen boy? Or am I incorrect?,

As an aside, I hope that mother presses charges.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk HD

Hoppy said during the hearing it was only said that SM was at the pay phone. There were rumors that she was texting/sexting with her boyfriend at the time.

I don't see why there will be a preliminary hearing since a Grand Jury has indicted the Moorer's on all of the charges that they have been arrested for.

CONWAY, S.C. - An Horry County Grand Jury formally indicted Tammy and Sidney Moorer in the murder of missing 20-year-old Heather Elvis.

According to court documents, the Grand Jury met at the Horry County Courthouse Thursday and gave its decision.

The indictment claims both Moorers intentionally kidnapped and killed Heather Elvis on December 18, 2013.

Sidney and Tammy were indicted on charges of obstruction of justice, 2 counts of indecent exposure, kidnapping and murder.

I was surprised that the state was going to use the preliminary hearing process to indict the Moorer's vs using the Grand Jury. The Grand Jury is a secret process were the defense is excluded. It's a one sided affair.

A preliminary hearing is similar to a trial where both sides get to question witnesses. The defense gets to see what the state has for evidence early on in the process. When a Grand Jury is used the defense doesn't see anything. MOO.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/25038367/grand-jury-indicts-couple-in-heather-elvis-murder

Do they have a hearing for them to enter pleas? Or have they already?

If I remember correctly, the reporter backpedaled on DNA being found in a vehicle. Caused a bit of an uproar here on the threads because it wasn't something we had heard before.

Does anyone else remember that?

Yes, I do remember the uproar. I believe it was debated that LE actually said the DNA was in the vehicle as opposed to them saying some of the evidence was DNA.

IMO I think that the "coincidence" of the timing of SM calling HE after the date is telling. WAY too coincidental for my taste.

Posting this a couple of places cuz I'm not sure where it fits

Is it possible that LE found a spent shell casing at PTL and it matched the gun that TM is holding in the picture that was featured at the bond hearing? That they needed the gun to match ballistics before they could prove anything and they got the gun with the warrant and then matched it to the casing? That would make sense as to why they believe that she was killed at PTL, they find blood and gun power residue in the truck and there are the kidnapping charges. They would need a locksmith to open a gun safe. I live in a small town and we hear gun shot all of the time and never think much of it. If TM shot HE at PTL it is possible that no one paid attention to it. JMO

No times were given (yet) for IEs. I posted earlier on the IE thread about the coincidence in those charges vs. the events that happen in parallel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see why there will be a preliminary hearing since a Grand Jury has indicted the Moorer's on all of the charges that they have been arrested for.

I was surprised that the state was going to use the preliminary hearing process to indict the Moorer's vs using the Grand Jury. The Grand Jury is a secret process were the defense is excluded. It's a one sided affair.

A preliminary hearing is similar to a trial where both sides get to question witnesses. The defense gets to see what the state has for evidence early on in the process. When a Grand Jury is used the defense doesn't see anything. MOO.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/25038367/grand-jury-indicts-couple-in-heather-elvis-murder

I think procedurally all felony cases get set on a PH docket. The grand jury then gets all felony cases prior to their PH date. The PH date is there just in case the grand jury does not hand down an indictment. Then the evidence is put on for a judge to determine whether or not there is probable cause to set the case in for trial.
In the county I live in very very few cases are actually heard at the PH. Not that the grand jury indicts everything, but sometimes after the grand jury fails to indict the prosecutor will drop the case prior to the PH.
And once an indictment is handed down, the case should come off the PH docket and set for some date on a status docket (to enter a plea, make the court aware if certain motions will be filed etc)

If I remember correctly, the reporter backpedaled on DNA being found in a vehicle. Caused a bit of an uproar here on the threads because it wasn't something we had heard before.

Does anyone else remember that?

I think this exact topic was discussed earlier today or last night on another thread. I've been reading most of them so I'm not sure which one but of I come across it again I will come back here and let you know :)

Can anyone access the story posted on sun news/myrtle beach online?

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/03/22/4114074/surveillance-cameras-a-useful.html

I keep getting the thing for the subscription that pops up.

Its an article about the surveillance cameras being a useful tool for LE particularly in the Heather Elvis case.

I can get it but according to TOS I can only post 10% of the article. Do you have a specific question? The article doesn't really say much, just a bit about where the M's were seen on video going to and from PTL.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/03/22/4114074/surveillance-cameras-a-useful.html

Can anyone access the story posted on sun news/myrtle beach online?

I keep getting the thing for the subscription that pops up.

Its an article about the surveillance cameras being a useful tool for LE particularly in the Heather Elvis case.

It went subscriber based several months ago. I believe for local MB area. Not sure how far out? I can usually view on my phone but not my desktop without getting a "subscribe" pop-up.

If you are local, you have to mask your IP with a site like http://hidemyass.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member