Interviews & MSM with/about friends, family, law enforcement etc...

Remember how my Blood glucose shot up to 410 not that long ago? I have many health issues and my diabetes is so difficult to control. I take prednisone which really contributes but I am convinced it was the stress I allowed in, regarding this whole mess that blew up my glucose up that night. I can only imagine what havoc it would wreak on someone's health so close to all that is going on. Sorry but my sympathy tank is on E here. It's all used/saved up for the Elvis family. Where is Heather?

Did Tammy or Sidney feel any compassion or guilt for Heather or her family probably not. But having lost a parent myself it's never easy no matter what the circumstances. Will she feel maybe this all could have been avoided. Will she feel somehow responsible. We will probably never know. But I can't help think that this will hit her hard. Maybe it's the "I believe there is a heart in everyone" in me. Do I think she's innocent...No. Do I think she's a good person...No. But if this being the only time I ever have the smallest amount of compassion for her this is it. And for her family. But it comes with sadness on what has happened to these families. The Elvis family especially. Part of me wants to say so how does it feel. And many other choice words. But it solves nothing. It doesn't bring Heather home. And that just isn't me. Tammy is and always will be her worst enemy. Now could be her chance to rid herself of her demons. Do the right thing. Give her family and the Elvis family a chance to start healing. Will her father passing have that kind of affect? Who knows. My heart goes out to the Elvis family. And first and foremost bringing Heather home. But my heart goes to their family. The children. For they are left picking up pieces. And became part of a sad and heartbreaking story.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'm interested to see Terry Elvis' reaction to this latest news.

I'm sure he'll show grace and compassion. The opposite of the Moorers.

The universe is mysterious and has an interesting way of working things out, not on anyone's timeline. You're planning 'A' and then something else entirely comes along and changes the trajectory. It serves to remind us how little control we have over anything aside from our own reactions and actions.

Thank you. For personal reasons, totally unrelated to the thread, I needed to hear that!

Is it possible to get information out of TM in exchange for a leave to attend her father's funeral?

My dad was diabetic and passed away unexpectedly. The did not draw any labs and did not do an autopsy but they ruled it an acute cardiac event. Personally I think it was a blood clot. Being diabetic can mask the pain of a heart attack so the person may not know they are having one. Diabetes can also cause leg swelling and pain which can also be a sign of a blood clot which can kill someone without warning too.

It's a sad situation for all involved.

I'm interested to see Terry Elvis' reaction to this latest news.

I'm sure he'll show grace and compassion. The opposite of the Moorers.

I have no doubt. He and his entire family have shown sooo much class since the beginning.

Idk? It's only a bill. If they're not convicted yet, I wonder if Tammy might get a reprieve to say goodbye to her father. It's a little infuriating.

Just in case anyone missed Justonedrin's post on the other thread . . . he/she called JRL and here is what they told him/her. :) Not sure if it'd be the same in Georgetown where it's said TM is:

I just called JRL Detention Center and asked the lady who answered if inmates were allowed out for funerals and she said i dont know hold on and transferred me to Susan where i left a voice mail. she called me back 20 mins later.

I told her I wanted to ask a general question and get her input and asked her if an inmate's family member died would they be allowed to go to the funeral and she said the decision would be made on a case by case basis but most of the time NO!

I thanked her and told her I was just doing some research and she said uh huh.

The bill quoted above about inmates attending funerals was a modification of the law in existence, which does authorize inmates of the department of corrections to attend funerals under certain circumstances.

However, that law doesn't apply to TM since she is not an inmate of the South Carolina Dept. of corrections since there has been no conviction. It would be up to the protocol of the Horry County Sheriff to determine if, and under what circumstances she could be released to attend a funeral.

So this sounds like a guarantee.

Found it... I think it's very possible Tammy will be able to pay her last respects in person according to this: (Chapter 3 SECTION 24-3-210. Furloughs for qualified inmates of State prison system. )

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t24c003.php

South Carolina Code of Laws
Unannotated
Current through the end of the 2013 Session

SECTION 24-3-210. Furloughs for qualified inmates of State prison system.

(A) The director may extend the limits of the place of confinement of a prisoner, where there is reasonable cause to believe he will honor his trust, by authorizing him, under prescribed conditions, to leave the confines of that place unaccompanied by a custodial agent for a prescribed period of time to:

(1) contact prospective employers;

(2) secure a suitable residence for use when released on parole or upon discharge;

(3) obtain medical services not otherwise available;

(4) participate in a training program in the community or any other compelling reason consistent with the public interest;

(5) visit or attend the funeral of a spouse, child (including stepchild, adopted child, or child as to whom the prisoner, though not a natural parent, has acted in the place of a parent), parent (including a person, though not a natural parent, who has acted in the place of a parent), brother, or sister.

Just my opinion, but even if she is allowed to say bye to daddy, she won't be attending the funeral. Maybe by herself, but I just don't see them letting her attend. It would become a circus for sure. :twocents:

No, I don't think she should be allowed. At least her father will have a funeral.

Did Heather's family have that? :gavel:

Makes me sooooo mad! :maddening: :stormingmad:

Found it... I think it's very possible Tammy will be able to pay her last respects in person according to this: (Chapter 3 SECTION 24-3-210. Furloughs for qualified inmates of State prison system. )

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t24c003.php

South Carolina Code of Laws
Unannotated
Current through the end of the 2013 Session

She isn't in state prison, she is being held over in county jail until her trial.

The bill quoted above about inmates attending funerals was a modification of the law in existence, which does authorize inmates of the department of corrections to attend funerals under certain circumstances.

However, that law doesn't apply to TM since she is not an inmate of the South Carolina Dept. of corrections since there has been no conviction. It would be up to the protocol of the Horry County Sheriff to determine if, and under what circumstances she could be released to attend a funeral.

Thank you very much OreoLover. I think since there's no conviction as of yet, and considering she's held in a county jail instead of a federal prison, I'm thinking an exception could be granted and security provided. If its granted, do you have any idea of the amount of time that could be permitted and would the visitation (for lack of a better word) be imputed to not the funeral home? Or would she be allowed to attend burial as well? What I'm wondering abut is time limitation and if she'll be allowed around other people as well, ie her family besides the deceased.

Just my opinion, but even if she is allowed to say bye to daddy, she won't be attending the funeral. Maybe by herself, but I just don't see them letting her attend. It would become a circus for sure. :twocents:

No, I don't think she should be allowed. At least her father will have a funeral.

You and me both!

I'm betting they won't allow it "for her own safety".

County jail
State prison
Federal prison

Three different institutions

As despicable as TM appears to be, I think she should be allowed to attend as long as she is accompanied by LE at all times. She has not been convicted yet. Another option is that the family could hold off on the memorial service until after the trial and TM can attend only if she is exonerated. After all Heather's family is still waiting for her funeral.

Either way no one in LE can talk so we won't know if either of them will be allowed at all. Although, I bet my bippity that msm will have people there watching and that makes me sad for others attending, ie: the children in particular.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back