GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I've been following since the beginning and finally decided to join in. I can't stop thinking about all of the enabling in JR's life that lead this to happen. JR is one sick puppy (no insult to dogs meant), but everyone involved here allowed this to happen. I don't think JR had the guts to go out and find a victim on his own, and he wanted someone he could easily control. IMO he started with small instances of abuse on Teghan to test the waters and see what HR would allow. HR didn't question him or put a stop to things once they happened, and by stop I mean walk out the door and call the police. I honestly don't know if I believe she ever told him to stop anything. HR had no respect for herself let alone, her little girl. I also don't think she was scared of losing Teghan, she was scared of losing JR. I bet she knew her family would call the authorities on him faster than she could bat an eyelash if they had any inclination that there was abuse. Due to all of this enabling, I think he thought he could do this and get away with it. I think if he thought at all he would be in prison he wouldn't have done it. He though he could do it, and just walk away. Just leave little Teghan at the hospital and never look back. He also knew that his family would always bail him out. After all of this, they are still there "supporting him". They are going to testify to save his sorry life. No one was there so speak for Teghan and give her a chance to live, it was too late. I am hoping and praying it is too late for him too.

There is my rant. :scared:

I also live in the area and will be participating in the run/walk for her honor. Thank you to everyone who has worked to organize it.

:greetings:
Well said! Thank you for being here.

Welcome to the group!
:wagon:

Wanted to come here to post a reminder

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 11h
RT@websleuths:Tonight @HeatherMooreNow joins me on iHeart 2 discuss jury verdict in #JonathanRichardson case.8pmET.http://www.iheart.com/live/Extreme-Talk-6302/ … …"

I won't be able to listen to it live, but will catch it in the archives. I'm very interested in listening!

I was looking up bio dad to see where he is in the prison system and the info I came across had a release date of 12/16/2013. Does anybody know if he did in fact get released? If so, I'd say he wasn't allowed to attend the trial by his parole officer. Too risky.

I don't know if those fears were incorrect. HR and Teghan were staying with him for what, a month before she left? He was hurting Teghan before HR even left and I believe she knew it. If Teghan would have gone to stay with her grandparents, she was old enough to tell. Plus there were bruises already. A black eye. Whip marks. They were probably drugging her with beer at least. And who knows, maybe sexual abuse already at that point.

I think Helen kept Teghan from her grandparents because she didn't want to get in trouble. I have the feeling we will hear more at her trial about what went on before she left.

I'm sorry, flutterby, I was working off of my thoughts from the paternal grandparents view. It was Teghan's paternal grandparents (Teghan's father's parents) who were considering filing for custody. They had been cut out of Teghan's life once their son had been put in jail, which was before JR entered the picture, iirc.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/8069043/

You are correct in your statement about HR not being able to allow Teghan to stay with her mother (which was what her family care plan stated would happen) because Teghan could tell what had been happening to her & the bruises would show. Great points all around. Thank you.

I wish Teghan had been able to tell someone. A grandparent, an aunt, a daycare teacher, someone. Anyone who would listen.

:rose:

No, no boredem don't wish that this thing's IQ is trashed while in prison. Let's hope he retains every ounce of his intelligence, his cunningness and evilness every moment throughout what ever remains of his life. If it is LWOP let his vital organs remain unaffected by the horrors I hope will visit him over his long incarceration. If it's death let him dread what happens in the next chapter of his existence knowing there is no reprise.

Agreed, CUCKOOHEAD! I want him to be full of his own adrenaline so that his state of mind will be sharp and clear -- so that he will be aware of everhthing that is happening around him & to him. One big pile of pain beyond description.

I do think he will get a certain kind of a "Welcome to Hell" party when he arrives in prison, and that they will use him as an experiment much the way he did with Teghan.

Agreed, CUCKOOHEAD! I want him to be full of his own adrenaline so that his state of mind will be sharp and clear -- so that he will be aware of everhthing that is happening around him & to him. One big pile of pain beyond description.

I do think he will get a certain kind of a "Welcome to Hell" party when he arrives in prison, and that they will use him as an experiment much the way he did with Teghan.

Oh, it will be a "feast", I bet it will. This one has NO idea how nasty his '"life" is about to get.

I was looking up bio dad to see where he is in the prison system and the info I came across had a release date of 12/16/2013. Does anybody know if he did in fact get released? If so, I'd say he wasn't allowed to attend the trial by his parole officer. Too risky.

I believe that he was released.

I'm posting the following for informational purposes only. I am not casting any judgment whatsoever. I only have well wishes for Jerry Skiba and his family. My heart just breaks for them all for having lost such a precious child in such a tragic way.

From what i understand, he was incarcerated 07/15/10 and got out 11/27/12 on a trafficking charge.

He was then was on probation, and possibly violated probation for possession on 04/27/13 and went back to jail 09/25/13 and got out 12/16/13.

At this time he is showing as an inactive inmate.

All of this is my personal interpretation of the inmate info and I could be completely wrong. If I am incorrect, I ask that I please be corrected.

It has been posted that he is living out of the area that the trial has been very hard on him. Someone said at some point that they believe he lives in Raleigh. I don't believe this has been formally verified.

My heart goes out to him. I'm sure the loss of his daughter has affected him in more ways than I can ever imagine. My hope is that he wins the battle and stays out of trouble for as long as he lives.

As for why he wasn't at trial, I read that it was too difficult on him. I do not know if being a convicted felon prevents a person from attending a trial or not.

I'm sorry, flutterby, I was working off of my thoughts from the paternal grandparents view. It was Teghan's paternal grandparents (Teghan's father's parents) who were considering filing for custody. They had been cut out of Teghan's life once their son had been put in jail, which was before JR entered the picture, iirc.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/8069043/

You are correct in your statement about HR not being able to allow Teghan to stay with her mother (which was what her family care plan stated would happen) because Teghan could tell what had been happening to her & the bruises would show. Great points all around. Thank you.

I wish Teghan had been able to tell someone. A grandparent, an aunt, a daycare teacher, someone. Anyone who would listen.

:rose:

No need to be sorry, Anon. I think I've been coming off a little snippy sometimes on this thread and I don't mean to. We're all here for Teghan. My emotions are just a little raw, as are everyone's. This has been brutal to witness. I can't fathom living through it.

I can't help thinking of Tesslyn O'Cull, the case that brought me to WS in the first place. And baby Brianna Lopez. Three innocent, precious baby girls. All tortured to death. Just 3 out of how many? Hundreds? Thousands? Nobody came to their rescue either. Their lives were horror shows, short and miserable beyond what any of us can imagine.

But let's protect the public from the details. We wouldn't want to upset anybody :banghead:

Better late than never. Huffpost.com had an article about Teghan. Well it was really about JR being considered for the DP.

I'm angry at everyone who looked away, did not investigate what was happening to their daughter, grand daughter, neighbor, child.
Not going to mention names. But. I hope they Never get a good nights sleep, ever again. I hope they are forever haunted by Teghan's screams of terror and pain.
Unfathomable what this just turned four year old went through. All alone with this monster, with no one To help her.
I just cannot forgive the adults, including her mother for abandoning this small child.
I am praying, that this wolf in sheep's clothing gets the death penalty.
Yes, he looks pretty normal, but he is a monster in disguise.
IMO.

I was looking back and came across this with many photos of Teghan throughout her short life. It seems that she was very loved by her paternal grandparents, the Skibas) and someone who I believe is her bio-dad is in many pics.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Teghan-Skiba&lc=7300&mid=4325718

Of course, looking at this made me cry.

Does anyone know if she has a headstone? I would imagine that the Skibas handled the arrangements when she was buried.

Thank you for sharing this. It seems like Teghan had a loving family, who would gladly cared for. It breaks my heart that she ended up living with this monster, and that her mother cared more about him than her child. Why didn't she just leave Teghan with her grandparents? At least Teghan had some love, laughter and joy in her life before JR. Rest in Peace, sweet Angel. You deserved so much more.

I'm angry at everyone who looked away, did not investigate what was happening to their daughter, grand daughter, neighbor, child.
Not going to mention names. But. I hope they Never get a good nights sleep, ever again. I hope they are forever haunted by Teghan's screams of terror and pain.
Unfathomable what this just turned four year old went through. All alone with this monster, with no one To help her.
I just cannot forgive the adults, including her mother for abandoning this small child.
I am praying, that this wolf in sheep's clothing gets the death penalty.
Yes, he looks pretty normal, but he is a monster in disguise.
IMO.
I agree 1000% with you kali. Many time I have tried to get in the heads of those who hurt, abuse, torture children and babies. At the same time I have tried to imagine being a baby or child and enduring such abuse. I cannot do any of those things. As much as I can imagine, it must be multiplied by a thousand or more before it would begin to come close. The abusers know exactly what they are doing and they derive some kind of sadistic pleasure out of it. They must. There are no "I grew up being mistreated" excuses in my mind. How about "I grew up without a conscience." I know I know... There are people who grow up in violent families and perpetuate the cycle of violence. In my head, though, this level of torture/abuse is above and beyond the type of violence usually seen. I'm amazed at how many children suffer this way. Seems like they always have to die before we find out who the abusers are. Sorry. Just venting.

I was looking back and came across this with many photos of Teghan throughout her short life. It seems that she was very loved by her paternal grandparents, the Skibas) and someone who I believe is her bio-dad is in many pics.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Teghan-Skiba&lc=7300&mid=4325718

Of course, looking at this made me cry.

Does anyone know if she has a headstone? I would imagine that the Skibas handled the arrangements when she was buried.

That is just the most heartbreaking. Can the planners of the run/walk please loop me in?

“Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” Rev. 21: 3, 4

Yup! I admit that I wouldn't mind one bit if he suffered constantly from this moment on. I hope you are soooo right on the 'Welcome to the big house party' on his arrival.

I was raised to believe that I must learn to forgive and turn the other cheek but it's strange my mind tells me that is what I should be striving for but I catch my hands being clenched in fists as if to knock the living poo out of JR.

This has been the toughest case for me. I think I have finally accepted that sometimes there is no explanation, no motive, nothing that remotely explains how something like this would happen. That evil is evil and sometimes it is beyond redemption, throw JR away forever.

isn't there court today? iirc they should be in session right now?

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 34m
#JonathanRichardson sentencing phase not streamed today. Expecting family testimny. #TeghanSkiba's paternal gparents & #HelenReyes' fam here

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 21m
#TeghanSkiba's paternal grandmother on the stand now in #JonathanRichardson's sentencing phase.Teghan,her father, & #HelenReyes lived w/them

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 16m
#TeghanSkiba's gmother says she loved being outside. Every weekend, she'd wake up & say, "It's a sunny day. Let's play!" #JonathanRichardson

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 6m
#TeghanSkiba's gma telling jurors how she was a normal, fun-loving child. She loved swimming, planting,making necklaces. #JonathanRichardson

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 51s
#HelenReyes' older sister now on stand. #JonathanRichardson
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 1m
@KathyCSawyer Yes.
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More
Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 5m
#TeghanSkiba's gma telling jurors how she was a normal, fun-loving child. She loved swimming, planting,making necklaces. #JonathanRichardson

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 16m
#TeghanSkiba's gmother says she loved being outside. Every weekend, she'd wake up & say, "It's a sunny day. Let's play!" #JonathanRichardson

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 21m
#TeghanSkiba's paternal grandmother on the stand now in #JonathanRichardson's sentencing phase.Teghan,her father, & #HelenReyes lived w/them

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 33m
#JonathanRichardson sentencing phase not streamed today. Expecting family testimny. #TeghanSkiba's paternal gparents & #HelenReyes' fam here
Expand

https://twitter.com/HeatherMooreNow

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 34m

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 17m

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 7m

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 2m
#HelenReyes' older sister now on stand. #JonathanRichardson

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 1m
At least 3 jurors crying as #HelenReyes' sisters talk abt how they miss #TeghanSkiba.This is most I've cried all trial. #JonathanRichardson

:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members