Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much longer do you think that CNN will offer (almost) continuous coverage of the missing Malaysian plane? Even weekend political programming seems focused on MH 370. Is it mostly because there is no other major news story to cover, or does the missing plane have that much audience interest? I find it difficult to follow the coverage any more because it seems like all the commentators repeatedly regurgitate the same information and opinions ad infinitum. :moo:

Until something else usurps it. Hopefully, the Koreas won't escalate to the top spot since that would mean a huge crisis.

I think the hosts are sick to death of talking about it. If I was a host, I would be tempted to call in sick from dread of having to say the same old same old again today! But I guess they're also hoping they will be the one to be on air when this breaks open and the mystery unravels.

But Don Lemon...I think he likes to be on camera as much as possible, and repeating things does not bother him as long as he gets air time. I was not familiar with him until MH370. Can't say I care for him...he gets almost hysterical from time to time. :silenced:

here attempts to not release the actual tapes till some time passes (family) they always do transcript pretty quick but in this day and age probably would be leaked - I am sure MAL govt has the tapes hidden under someones bed

all this everyone cooperating and cargo manifest not released this not being at least given to another country experts to listen to etc etc

If the analysis leads to it not being the voice of either of them, when will we find out, if ever?

Space Garbage/Debris:
http://d1jqu7g1y74ds1.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/space-debris-1.jpg

Ocean Garbage/Debris:

garbagepatchx-wide-community.jpg

_done_0519gyre_900big.jpg

Ocean Currents:

globalSurfaceCurrentsW.jpg

Piers Morgan was canned --- this is perfect for Don Lemon... and Weir and others they are going to rotate 4 of them thro for a bit and see who does best and then that one gets Piers slot

I think Weir is awesome!!

If the analysis leads to it not being the voice of either of them, when will we find out, if ever?

Until something else usurps it. Hopefully, the Koreas won't escalate to the top spot since that would mean a huge crisis.

I think the hosts are sick to death of talking about it. If I was a host, I would be tempted to call in sick from dread of having to say the same old same old again today! But I guess they're also hoping they will be the one to be on air when this breaks open and the mystery unravels.

But Don Lemon...I think he likes to be on camera as much as possible, and repeating things does not bother him as long as he gets air time. I was not familiar with him until MH370. Can't say I care for him...he gets almost hysterical from time to time. :silenced:

I had to back away from these threads and CNN because it was driving me crazy! Someone on the previous thread stated that they felt they were in CNN jail! Not me, Coach! I don't watch it because of all of the so-called experts who have completely different theories. Also, any channel who has that Richard Quest (is that name right?) will not be watched by me! He is totally obnoxious!

I honestly think the families of the victims have been jerked around enough! My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with them. I also feel that the public has been jerked around as well.

As for the bulletin of heightened security measures of shoe bombers, well, was that the reason we were not shown the feet of the two guys traveling with stolen/forged passports? Was it something about their shoes? Was the woman waiting in Germany (was it Germany?) for her son really his mother? Have they proven that?

I don't believe a single word any of them say and sincerely question what I thought I knew.

Until there is concrete news, I am done. My nerves cannot take this constant merry-go-round.

GB these families and the victims.

Over and out.

MOO
BBM.

You are truly bright --- I never put that together and I think your post deserves to be answered on CNN befeore everyone dies from richard quests voice lol.

Jeez --- the shoes and lower halfs being cropped of the "2 men with stolen passports." seems like the ONLY plausible "theory" right now.

JMO your the man/woman. !!

I never watch CNN, I haven't watched it faithfully since 1991;s Operation Desert Storm (I was up all hours with a newborn) :p

Anyway, I really enjoy Erin Burnet on CNN now. I wish they'd keep her on the entire night.

At one point last week, my DD came downstairs and said "Why are you watching the Science Guy?"

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2014/03/31/hisham-pm-never-said-mh370-had-crashed/

The statement made by Hisham that the PM never stated mh370 crashed, but rather, ended in the Indian ocean really offends me, as a somewhat intelligent person. These kind of head games are just unacceptable and completely offensive.

Responding to a question posed during today’s daily briefing, Hishammuddin said that claims of the plane having crashed was “totally erroneous”.
“He (Najib) said that based on analysis, Inmarsat and AAIB concluded that MH370′s last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
“He also said that it was a remote location, far from any possible landing sites.
“However, there was no mention of a crash or that there were no survivors at all,” said Hishammuddin.

To follow up on my last post I think this article adds to this theory this plane was bought down by a shoe bomb .... Cropped out lower halves of two Iranians with stolen passports + 20 people from a very powerful semiconductor firm/company +

Britain's Sunday Telegraph added that investigators were examining whether the jet's disappearance was tied to a 9/11-style plot masterminded by Al Qaeda's Khalid Sheik Mohammad. Such a plot was mentioned by a British-born Saajid Badat earlier this week at the New York trial of Usama bin Laden's son-in-law Sulaiman Abu Ghaith.

Badat said that a Malaysia-based Al Qaeda cell of four or five people had planned to take control of a plane, using a shoe bomb to gain access to the cockpit. He added that he had met the jihadists, one of whom claimed he was a pilot, at a terror camp in Afghanistan and given them a shoe bomb for use. The Sunday Telegraph reported that one target of the attack may have been the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, formerly the tallest buildings in the world.
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/03/1...pilot-spoke-last-words-reportedly-probe-plane

(BBM)

Australian officials were in Malaysia over the weekend to urge the Malaysian government to promise that any wreckage recovered during the search would be examined in Australia before being removed to Malaysia.

They are also asking Malaysian authorities to agree that if the missing plane’s flight data recorders are recovered, their contents should be examined and analysed in Australia by Australian, British and US experts.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ays-owe-families-searching.html#ixzz2xZF0ST00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

“We would like to confirm that the last conversation in the transcript between the air traffic controller and the cockpit is at 0119 (Malaysian Time) and is “Good night Malaysian three seven zero,” the Malaysia’s Ministry of Transport said in a statement.

“The authorities are still doing forensic investigation to determine whether those last words from the cockpit were by the pilot or the co-pilot.”

Earlier this month, Malaysia Airlines chief executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya had said initial investigations indicated it was co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid that had spoken the last words heard from the cockpit.

The statement added that the full transcript will be made available during the briefing to the next-of-kin of passengers on board the flight.

http://www.todayonline.com/world/as...it-were-good-night-malaysian-three-seven-zero

bbm

Ok, not the same words and now maybe it was never confirmed to be the co-pilot:crazy: The former may not matter, but of course the latter is probably significant.

Yesterday, I read that each country is paying for their own expenses in the search, i.e whatever it costs for their part of the mission. Thus, I cannot believe that the US or AU, for example, would cough up millions of dollars if they too were not convinced that this plane is in the ocean. Jmo

To follow up on my last post I think this article adds to this theory this plane was bought down by a shoe bomb .... Cropped out lower halves of two Iranians with stolen passports + 20 people from a very powerful semiconductor firm/company +

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/03/1...pilot-spoke-last-words-reportedly-probe-plane

(BBM)

MI6 agents have been particularly interested in checking out terrorism links following disclosures in a US court by a British man, Saajid Badad, who claimed that in 2001 he gave a shoe-bomb to some Malaysian men who wanted to blow open a plane's cockpit door and carry out a September 11-style hijacking.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ays-owe-families-searching.html#ixzz2xZFluhBH

Australian officials were in Malaysia over the weekend to urge the Malaysian government to promise that any wreckage recovered during the search would be examined in Australia before being removed to Malaysia.

They are also asking Malaysian authorities to agree that if the missing plane’s flight data recorders are recovered, their contents should be examined and analysed in Australia by Australian, British and US experts.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ays-owe-families-searching.html#ixzz2xZF0ST00

Seriously, this is like dealing with infants. They had to "make them promise"?:tantrum:

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2014/03/31/hisham-pm-never-said-mh370-had-crashed/

The statement made by Hisham that the PM never stated mh370 crashed, but rather, ended in the Indian ocean really offends me, as a somewhat intelligent person. These kind of head games are just unacceptable and completely offensive.

Responding to a question posed during today’s daily briefing, Hishammuddin said that claims of the plane having crashed was “totally erroneous”.
“He (Najib) said that based on analysis, Inmarsat and AAIB concluded that MH370′s last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
“He also said that it was a remote location, far from any possible landing sites.
“However, there was no mention of a crash or that there were no survivors at all,” said Hishammuddin.

I don't understand why people are offended. The families of the Chinese passengers want an apology for being told the plane crashed. They weren't told it crashed. They were told exactly what was known based on the satellite/ping data etc. imo Maybe/probably I would feel different if I were in their shoes though.

Very thankful for Australia and its ability to walk the fine line and be neutral with all the parties.

Malaysia Digs Deeper Into Airport Security, People Aboard Flight 370

More-thorough checks could involve looking at travel habits of the passengers but those would likely involve non-law-enforcement networks, such as immigration databases, he said. "And then you also have to join the dots from all the different countries."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304157204579470852435044352

During the media conference, several foreign press have asked Hishammuddin to clarify the graphic information of the air turn back made by MH370 released during the family briefing in Beijing.

"I cannot confirm. I'm not going to debate about it here. The family briefing was closed-door," answered Hishammuddin.

On every technical question on MH370, Hishammuddin reiterated that it could only be answered when the blackbox is found.

Read more at: http://english.astroawani.com/news/...h-or-no-survivors-by-pm-hishammuddin-32919?cp

Oh, geez, to nitpick on the wording is just not necessary. What else are we supposed to think this means.

"That is totally erroneous... There was no mention of a crash or no survivors"

...“Based on this evidence, the Prime Minister’s message was that we must accept the painful reality that the aircraft is now lost and that none of the passengers or crew on board survived,” he said
No one survived, but maybe the plane didn't crash? Why berate others for making logical conclusions.

(BBM)

If the plane was being hijacked and was suspected of flying towards the towers I suppose it is possible it was shot down.

It sure would explain a few things.

There was supposed eye witnesses seeing fire balls somewhere.

It may explain the apparant secrecy and confusion of certain officials.

There was some mention from Malaysia about ordering ships out that night.

Could they have secured the location and cleaned up all the debris and is hiding that it was shot down?

I don't understand why people are offended. The families of the Chinese passengers want an apology for being told the plane crashed. They weren't told it crashed. They were told exactly what was known based on the satellite/ping data etc. imo Maybe/probably I would feel different if I were in their shoes though.

People are offended because they seem to have difficulty with statements.

When the PM states "flight mh370 ended over the indian ocean"....what could that mean? That the passengers are on floats sipping martinis?

I think it is adding insult to injury. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member