GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been doing some thinking about all this. JMO....I'm thinking up until this point in time, little Teghan didn't *know* abuse. From what I've read, it said Helen & Jerry & Teghan lived with his parents, Grandma & Grandpa Skiba. They had lots and lots of pictures of her, birthday cakes and trips to the local farm out here. I recognized a photo of Teghan playing in the big corn bin. IIRC, I seemed to recognize a couple other places my own grandsons have visited. Teghan had yard toys there and cute cute photos. Then Helen took her away from grandparents. If Teghan had been accustomed to abuse, it would *seem* to me that she wouldn't have cried, complained to JR about 'being locked in the shed', etc. She would have curled up in a ball in a corner and tried to be as invisible as possible. She didn't appear to be a child who knew abuse until she came in contact with JR. So I don't believe his 'Helen beat her all the time' crap. I just don't buy it. Not that I don't think Helen isn't MORE responsible than JR for this crime. I think she should fry for not protecting her child above all else. But I certainly don't buy 'Helen did it so that's why I did it' line of bull. JMO

Your comment just struck me, no water in that shed. When my grandsons fall down what the first thing you do to soothe their injuries, put a cool washcloth on it. Gently wash their wounds to ease the pain. No damn water in the shed. Any locals here remember the Jason young trial, little Cassidy was it, getting a wash cloth for her mommies boo boos. She was what, under two years old at the time?? Even a 2 year old has the instincts to get a warm wash cloth for boo boos. :please:

That breaks my heart. I've thought about it many times... she had nobody their to soothe her, to comfort her. She had to be so frightened every single second. The look in her eyes in that one picture of her black eye, still tears me up... she looked so scared... so sad :( And I cannot even imagine her fear when she found out she was going to be left with him. My heart hurts for that sweet angel and everything she had to endure. He made her feel like it was all her fault and she deserved it... the death penalty is too good for this :banghead:

And yes... sweet Casside :( She was 2. And her little bloody handprints everywhere, she tried so hard to help her mommy :(

Seriously! Heck, and make sure it's staged exactly how it was while he left Tegan in there.
I think that would remove any doubts for handing out the death penalty, if the jurors still have doubts.

QUOTE=gracielee;10402996]Sure enough...that big ol padlock on the door says it all.[/QUOTE]

How about a field trip out to the shed for the jury? Lock 'em up inside there with the same hasp & lock, the same air mattress, and a pot to piss in. Sorry WS's, I'm really trying to be good here. :banghead: I haven't gotten a time out in years, there is steam coming out of my nose and ears, I'm really trying to be civil. But what was done to this poor little girl wasn't civil, it wasn't humane. If little Teghan was a dog she'd have been confiscated and maw maw would have been charged with animal abuse. :moo: :banghead: :please: :tantrum:[/QUOTE]

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 2m
#JonathanRichardson defense rests its case in his sentencing. State now presenting rebuttal evidence. Court will go until 5pm today.

Kelli O'Hara ‏@Kelli_OHara 4m

#BreakingNews the defense has rested in the sentencing portion of the #JonathanRichardson case...

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 4m

#JonathanRichardson defense rests its case in his sentencing. State now presenting rebuttal evidence. Court will go until 5pm today.

Kelli O'Hara ‏@Kelli_OHara 4m

#JonathanRichardson GF on stand, showing pictures of his upbringing...said it was nice, summers at the beach

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 1m

#JonathanRichardson's Dad's fiance/wife on stand now, called by state. Says JR had good childhood & wasn't afraid of his dad.

Heather Moore‏@HeatherMooreNow·13 mins
#JonathanRichardson's Dad's fiance/wife teared up sayng Doug was good father,spanked JR but not beat him,& she never saw any signs of abuse

Kelli O'Hara‏@Kelli_OHara·5m
Ok just clarified closing arguments in #JonathanRichardson #murder #trial on Thursday will live stream #TeghanSkiba #abc11 #news #childabuse

Kelli O'Hara ‏@Kelli_OHara 6m

Ok just clarified closing arguments in #JonathanRichardson #murder #trial on Thursday will live stream #TeghanSkiba #abc11 #news #childabuse

Kelli O'Hara ‏@Kelli_OHara 9m

It looks like closing arguments will start tomorrow afternoon or Thursday #JonathanRichardson #TeghanSkiba #trial

Heather Moore‏@HeatherMooreNow·42 secs
#JonathanRichardson done for day. Resumes 9:30am Wed w/JR's Dad's fiance/wife back on stand. Closing arguments Thursday, could take all day.

Kelli O'Hara ‏@Kelli_OHara 15m

#JonathanRichardson's dad's GF says she never saw Richardson abused and he had a good life...

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 15m

#JonathanRichardson's Dad's fiance/wife teared up sayng Doug was good father,spanked JR but not beat him,& she never saw any signs of abuse

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 1m
Apparently, #JonathanRichardson threatened to stab someone in jail, egged other inmates on,&detention officers had hard time controlling him

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 46s
Jury still out. Psychologist points out records show #JonathanRichardson stopped some meds before these behavior issues in jail.

Just now reading today's thread.
What is this info supposed to mean? He's a ? I'm sure threatening a corrections officer is unusual behavior for an inmate.

I believe she allowed Teghan to be abused so she could keep the man. Sorry, I don't believe she was afraid. She was in the military, she had every opportunity to just take Teghan with her to New Mexico, as the military would have offered child care. If she was SO afraid of him, she wouldn't have left her child with him. She testified that he had abused Teghan several times. I also believe that she was also rough on Teghan. They were living in a shed. She EASILY could have "saved" her and her daughter if she were so afraid. She didn't want to lose her "great catch" she had, so she allowed it, in my opinion.

Edited to add- I think she peed and pooped in the bed as a combination of alcohol, and sexual abuse :(

This my opinion--HR show signs of narcissistic tendencies, I think she let her needs and desires come before what was best for her child. JR provided a "home" that she didn't have to work for, no matter how rustic, she wouldn't be required to contribute and could go on trips to the beach, etc., allowing the Skibas to have her child would have made her look like a bad mother, and she couldn't see that she actually was. JR was the easy way out to save face with her mom who was pressing her to get a job and the Skibas wanted what was best for Teghan. I wonder if HR was getting child support or governmental assistance for Teghan and she didn't want to give it up?

She has said she didn't know JR was abusing Teghan, but the ADA shot that down, so she turned a blind eye, but probably never imagined JR would kill the child, she was blinded by her own needs and gambled with the life of her child. JR should get the dp and HR should get a heck of a lot more than the 2yrs she faces.

Again, just my imagination at work here.

Okay, so... I've seen BBM a lot and I still have no clue what it means... but I thought I would give everyone a laugh, during a time when we don't get to laugh much. I wanted to know what it meant so I googled it. First thing that pops up is this... I have to say, I needed that laugh so I thought I would share. (I still don't know what BBM means, but I'm assuming NOT this :floorlaugh: )

*BBM is an abbreviation for Big Black Meat, or less commonly, Big Black Meatstick*

:floorlaugh: Cracking :floorlaugh: up :floorlaugh: here!!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288