OH OH - William 'Bill' Comeans, 14, Columbus, 7 Jan 1980 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanna say to Katco. You have done Bill proud with your constant highlighting of his case. Your whole family are remarkable

Im a 28 year old living in Ireland and i think about Bill everyday. So, at the very least, you have touched alot of hearts globally.

Karma works in mysterious ways. If the police, ultimately draw a blank, that probably means his killers met a very harsh demise themselves....

Not that that should give you comfort, just that, no body gets away with something this awful. IT ALWAYS COMES BACK TO GET YOU.

RIP Bill and fingers crossed you all get those answers soon!

Still waiting to see what FCSO is going to do.

This is such a sad case, he was so young. Could this have been a suicide?
He was at a vulnerable age. The police seem to have considered suicide at one point.
MOO.

From the BC-account on Twitter:

Bill Comeans ‏@BillComeans 8m

As new test procedures are put in place, DNA tests on several items should take place in the next 6-12 months. I can live with that.

:rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster: :rollercoaster:

BUMP!

and sign the petition and spread the word.
ONE THOUSAND signatures before Easter is not too much to ask for:

http://www.change.org/petitions/franklin-county-sheriff-office-columbus-ohio-refer-bill-comeans-murder-case-to-cold-justice?recruiter=83242036

because IMHE this case won't be solved by DNA alone and all surviving witnesses need to be interviewed as well. 'Cold Justice' can accomplish that.

Make it happen! Words are just words until someone does something, and preferably the right thing...

:maddening: :maddening: :maddening:

Sad news from BC twitter account

Bill Comeans ‏@BillComeans 3m

In spite of popular demand, and several requests, the sheriff's office will not refer my case to #coldjustice. They have their own reasons.

They have their own reasons????

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

Please sing the petition and make it happen!
Invite your friends, your school, your church to do the same!

There are many good reasons why Bill Comeans' case must be solved and it cannot be solved by DNA alone. Thos is where Cold Justice comes in.

http://chn.ge/1p8gf7W

What the Comeans Family need is a GOOD LAWYER who knows how to cut through all this read tape and bureaucratic babble !

BUMP!

Another sad tweet from @BillComeans, dated March 20

Bill Comeans ‏@BillComeans Mar 20

My family met four detectives for a two hour meeting about me. Everything was discussed, plans laid out, and reasons given.

These reasons given are the reasons for NOT referring the case to Cold Justice. :maddening:

Four detectives spent 2 hours each. On a cold case with no progress in sight.
4 x 2 = 8 working hours that could have been used on investigating the case itself instead.
Why the overkill?

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

KatCo and Bob, I fear that you are being managed. Don't let this get to you!
See it for what I suspect that it is: bureaucratic manipulation. Somewhere up the tree, there is someone who does not want this to happen for reasons of their own.
Keep faith, take a break and keep on going. The day will come and justice will be done.

Dear reader,
Please sign the petition, place a link on your FB-page, invite your friends and make it happen:

Thank yopu so much!
:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

This question probably belongs much farther back in the thread but it took me a while to get through it. I'm wondering if part of the reason there was so much time between the attacks is that perhaps the aggresor of the pair of perps was somone that didn't live in the area (perhaps a relative of perp #1)? It may also explain why there are no attacks with this MO in the immediate area, maybe there were more attacks but in a completely different geographical area.

Ok after reading all of the facts of this case, (at least the ones, here ) ive seen just about every theory on this boys death ,

Except one

I find it odd that this well liked kid would be attacked almost fatally 3 times, but NEVER see his attackers faces. NOONE could say a mean word about Bill, yet no one ever witnessed these attacks, the victim told his family he never saw their faces.

Being attacked damn near fatally 3 times, and left in remote areas it doesn't seem logical he would get in a car with anyone, especially not that close to home.

Each time the method of attack was strangulation, in one case with suffocation. Each time, the attackers left him in some out of the way location, supposedly left to die. But these reports of near deadly attacks, aren't reported to the police, till after his death. they are however explained to his family

I also didn't see any findings of any other injuries, such as facial bruising, defensive wounds, scrapes, scratches, cuts.. it seems at least from what Ive read that the only injuries, Bill ever sustained were these strangulation injuries .

I cant see a guy so scared, of someone he would walk away from his house, to a secluded location and let someone tie his scarf so tight around his neck with no fight, ...

That is ...............Unless he wanted them to , or he did it himself

I know this is not going to be a popular theory here, and I apologize to those of you who feel this is distasteful

I have seen a lot of conjecture as to this being a "homicide", and I'm not saying there's no possibility that it isn't ,and as a former law enforcement officer and paramedic, as well as a father, and brother, I feel for his family ,

But I have to take what the evidence points to , and I think the evidence is there and rather prominently to suggest a possible autoerotic accident, by someone who engages in autoerotic practices , possibly involving another individual .

I don't believe he was abducted, I believe he went with someone willfully, or met up with someone at a pre determined time

The Strangulation factor is way too odd, especially x3... often autoerotic practitioners will seek out some place secluded, to carry out their practices, some place they wouldn't be discovered, usually because of embarrassment the fact he claimed he was dumped 2 times prior in secluded places, and was found in a somewhat secluded place, ..seems to support that.

They use any variety of means to cause hypoxia, ligatures, suffocation mechanisms, sometimes, positional asphyxia...sometimes odd combinations, of devices, (inner tube/bag..etc)

This would also explain why he never saw his attackers, (there weren't any) and would easily explain ligature, marks around his neck if discovered.

Given there was DNA found there's also a possibility that he didn't engage in these practices alone, as is sometimes, the case.

This might also explain why I believe I saw in one post its not listed, as an unsolved homicide.

I find it very hard to believe (though I wont rule it out entirely) that three separate times, he was "forced" into these out of the way locations, physically assaulted 2 times, before his death , by strangulation, once by suffocation, and not freak out and get the police involved.

I also find it odd that the ONLY time DNA was found, was following his death, so the last assault the one right around the corner from his house, closest to his home was the only sexual one?.. but not the other 2, I find that unlikely.

Now I know this is going to draw some Ire and I apologize, but this is speaking from a Law enforcement stand point.

There have been quite a few cases, of autoerotic fatality which involved, the altering of the scene by parents or family who have found the deceased, mostly to avoid shock and embarrassment. I can honestly say that it wouldn't be beyond the realm of belief to say that the family knew it was such but chose to go with the homicide route, because it was "safe"

I know this flies in the face of what the reader is lead to believe surrounding this case, however, you have to let the evidence lead you, to the most likely possible answer,

Im sorry , but I don't think this was an intentional homicide, but possibly a tragic accident

RichKelly, respectfully, that theory has come up numerous times in the thread. In fact, it was LE's theory from the start, and the reason Bill's death was not properly investigated. Many of us have tried to look beyond the obvious at the other possibilities, and they do exist.

Ok after reading all of the facts of this case, (at least the ones, here ) ive seen just about every theory on this boys death ,
Being attacked damn near fatally 3 times, and left in remote areas it doesn't seem logical he would get in a car with anyone, especially not that close to home. DID BILL GET INTO A CAR??

Each time the method of attack was strangulation, in one case with suffocation. Each time, the attackers left him in some out of the way location, supposedly left to die. But these reports of near deadly attacks, aren't reported to the police, till after his death. they are however explained to his family ATTACKS WERE REPORTED TO LE EACH TIME AT tHE TIME

I cant see a guy so scared, of someone he would walk away from his house, to a secluded location and let someone tie his scarf so tight around his neck with no fight, ... LOCATION WERE BILL WAS FOUND WAS NOT SECLUDED

snipped, and remarks in bold by me.

Hi RichKelly, I recommend that you read the sticky thread about Bill Comeans

William Comeans: Media, Facts, Timeline and Maps **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

All three attacks were reported to the police and investigated by them. After the second attack, Bill took a polygraph test.
LE stated he was not forthcoming about his attackers - whatever that may mean and we don't know what that means.

The temperature in mid-winter january is not inviting for any outdoor auto-erotic fantasies.

Father and neighbor found Bill. Do you imply that the neighbor was involved in a cover-up as well?

IMHO any theory in this cases, including suicide and erotic game gone wrong, leaves impoortant questions open. The only way forward will be to investigsate the DNA that was found, and to open the case to new investigations.

Pleae sign the petition if you have not done so already:

Thank you!

Would his reason for doing this to himself have to be sexual in nature? Could it have been more of an attention getting issue? Sometimes it's kids that appear really together that have the most difficulty coming forward with things and asking for help.

I don't put a lot of credibility into the auto erotic theory but I also can't really buy into the stalking thing either. It's a confusing case for sure.

All trimmed & BBM:
But these reports of near deadly attacks, aren't reported to the police, till after his death. they are however explained to his family

I also didn't see any findings of any other injuries, such as facial bruising, defensive wounds, scrapes, scratches, cuts.. it seems at least from what Ive read that the only injuries, Bill ever sustained were these strangulation injuries .

I find it very hard to believe (though I wont rule it out entirely) that three separate times, he was "forced" into these out of the way locations, physically assaulted 2 times, before his death , by strangulation, once by suffocation, and not freak out and get the police involved.

I also find it odd that the ONLY time DNA was found, was following his death, so the last assault the one right around the corner from his house, closest to his home was the only sexual one?.. but not the other 2, I find that unlikely.

RichKelly, respectfully, that theory has come up numerous times in the thread. In fact, it was LE's theory from the start, and the reason Bill's death was not properly investigated. Many of us have tried to look beyond the obvious at the other possibilities, and they do exist.

snipped, and remarks in bold by me.

Hi RichKelly, I recommend that you read the sticky thread about Bill Comeans

William Comeans: Media, Facts, Timeline and Maps **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

All three attacks were reported to the police and investigated by them. After the second attack, Bill took a polygraph test.
LE stated he was not forthcoming about his attackers - whatever that may mean and we don't know what that means.

The temperature in mid-winter january is not inviting for any outdoor auto-erotic fantasies.

Father and neighbor found Bill. Do you imply that the neighbor was involved in a cover-up as well?

IMHO any theory in this cases, including suicide and erotic game gone wrong, leaves impoortant questions open. The only way forward will be to investigsate the DNA that was found, and to open the case to new investigations.

Pleae sign the petition if you have not done so already:

Thank you!

Hi RichKelly. Welcome to the thread.

In addition to what Bessie and ZaZara (both of whom know the case and thread very well) clarify for you above, I would add:
  • BBM1 & 3: Not only were the previous incidents reported to LE, but the family did so right after they occurred.
  • BBM2: At least after the second assault, there were other injuries of the type you describe and Bill saw his family doctor the next day.
  • BBM4: There is no hard evidence that any of the incidents was sexual, including the final one (i.e., no pants unzipped, etc.). The bodily source of the DNA found on objects at the scene has not been disclosed or processed.

I second ZaZara's suggestion that you check out the media thread. You may come up with the same POV afterward, but at least you will be sure it's based on what's known.

Im not saying they don't exist, but the problem with looking past the obvious is that we tend to let conjecture, overtake the evidence.

All trimmed & BBM:

Hi RichKelly. Welcome to the thread.

In addition to what Bessie and ZaZara (both of whom know the case and thread very well) clarify for you above, I would add:
  • BBM1 & 3: Not only were the previous incidents reported to LE, but the family did so right after they occurred.
  • BBM2: At least after the second assault, there were other injuries of the type you describe and Bill saw his family doctor the next day.
  • BBM4: There is no hard evidence that any of the incidents was sexual, including the final one (i.e., no pants unzipped, etc.). The bodily source of the DNA found on objects at the scene has not been disclosed or processed.

I second ZaZara's suggestion that you check out the media thread. You may come up with the same POV afterward, but at least you will be sure it's based on what's known.

thanks for the link to the sticky,

Those facts still don't bolster the claim that this was a homicide. Ive only seen 2 (which is 2 too many) autoerotic deaths in my line of work. NEITHER, had their pants unzipped , so that's not really a reliable indicator.

A lot doesn't make sense in this case, so you have to work with what the evidence points you to .

I'm sorry if I cant look past the obvious in this case, but I cant simply throw out speculation as to what happened, when the evidence is right there telling you something different.

More than likely, given what I've read, either way , if injuries were reported or not, the strongest evidence in this case, points, to a adolescent, who's engaging in autoerotic practices.

Or a severe form of attention getting, that went awry .. I don't believe, unless there's more evidence that is not posted here, that this was a homicide

Would his reason for doing this to himself have to be sexual in nature? Could it have been more of an attention getting issue? Sometimes it's kids that appear really together that have the most difficulty coming forward with things and asking for help.

I don't put a lot of credibility into the auto erotic theory but I also can't really buy into the stalking thing either. It's a confusing case for sure.

It could be but if that's the case, why go through all the trouble to select out of the way locations. Its quite possible, that his last attempt was something he got himself into but couldn't get out of ... either way I do not believe at all that this was a homicide, it has all the earmarks of being an accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam