GUILTY DE - Evan Dudley, 21 mos, beaten to death, Dover, 3 Nov 2012

Nikki continues to astound and impress me with her courage in the face of something so unimaginably horrible that I break down and cry everytime I get a FB update. God bless her, and here's hoping and praying that Evan gets the justice he deserves....

Looking at the Facebook family pictures, I can see why the mom trusted this couple with her son. They look like a loving family.

It just goes to show that you can't judge a book by its cover. Ten more days... Ten more days, how devastating this must be for poor Nikki. She was so close to being home with him! And poor Wvan wasn't even with this monster the whole time. He couldn't have kept it together? This is such a tragedy.

March 22, 2014

Ex-airman: Baby's death an accident

Though he denies killing the boy, Corbett, now 25, is undergoing counseling because he is "feeling responsible since he was entrusted with the care of the child and bears the guilt of how what might be considered neglect on his part has devastated the child's mother," defense attorney Joseph A. Hurley wrote.

-------------------

Hurley wrote that on the day Evan suffered his fatal injuries, Corbett had walked down the stairs to the kitchen, heard the noise and found the boy, a chain of events the defense described as a "tragic accident."

Corbett was being released on bond Friday, state prison officials said.

-------------------------

"I'm disgusted but the fight for Evan isn't over," said Nicole Dudley, the boy's mother said.

-----------------------

Reigle's order requires Corbett to report to the state pretrial services office so he can be supervised while on bail and to wear an electronic monitoring bracelet. He can also have no contact or be within 300 feet of any children, including his own three, to surrender his passport and not leave Delaware.

------------------------

Prosecutor Josette D. Manning, who opposed Hurley's motion, wrote that several doctors, including an assistant state medical examiner, have "opined that Evan died as a direct result of inflicted trauma." The state conducted a "painstaking, thorough and exhaustive investigation that led to only one conclusion: Justin Corbett beat Evan Dudley to death."

http://www.delawareonline.com/story...ans-bail-reduced-in-baby-murder-case/6688725/
Why didn't he need counseling for the guilt last year ?

So sad for Evan's mom. A military member on deployment should never have to go through this. It's terrible that she had no family to care for Evan.

Trial starts July 11th, FINALLY! The wheels of justice sure turned slow on this one but the time for justice is final here! God bless Evan's mom during this difficult time.

Not seeing any media coverage yet, maybe once it starts. For now our only source is Evans Mom.

Not seeing any media coverage yet, maybe once it starts. For now our only source is Evans Mom.

Evan's murder was never well covered by the media, but hopefully it will at least be mentioned once the trial starts on the 11th.

Evan's murder was never well covered by the media, but hopefully it will at least be mentioned once the trial starts on the 11th.

I know, it was a struggle to post it here because of the lack of media. Very frustrating.

Thanks to those that keep this thread up to date. I do read, haven't found adequate words yet.

A media posting! Yay!
Brief, but it's something at least.

Former Airman on Trial in Death of Toddler

A former airman stationed at Dover Air Force Base is on trial on a murder charge in the 2012 death of a 21-month-old boy who was left in his care.

The trial of Justin Corbett was scheduled to begin Tuesday with jury selection.

http://www.wboc.com/story/32422012/former-airman-on-trial-in-death-of-toddler

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj