Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finding this extremely sad. If MH370 didn't breakup badly then we may find a tomb. Knowing the plane is there then everyone has died.
Not a good moment. :(

I feel the same way. I'm glad the families will finally have answers but I dread the day they start bringing up bodies, especially the children. Just thinking about it makes me feel like crying.

Each of the runs the vessels conduct takes about 7-8 hours on each leg: #JACC on the search for #Malaysia Airlines #MH370

#JACC Houston: i'm much more optimistic than a week ago

#JACC Houston: if we can fix location, can send AUV down

Amee you have been keeping info coming brilliantly! I love your sleuthing.
Way to go Aussie girl!

:australia:

:gday:

I'm finding this extremely sad. If MH370 didn't breakup badly then we may find a tomb. Knowing the plane is there then everyone has died.
Not a good moment. :(

I know what you mean; we all get so caught up in the excitement of potentially finding the plane we forget what the greater implications are if we do....

The ocean seems to be more than we can comprehend or have any that recall. My father did recall. He was navy, in subs.

The ocean is incredibly deeper than we can comprehend, incredibly violent ocean. All that have water jobs know.

When you go to the beach and see waves larger than a house, you can double or triple that for the Indian Ocean. Close to tsumani at all times, a planetary vortex. Keep in mind that right now it is freezing cold too.

I am asking, because I honestly don't know, :blushing: If MH370 did crash into the ocean, would the force of the crash then cause a tsunami like wave? TIA :cool:

I am asking, because I honestly don't know, :blushing: If MH370 did crash into the ocean, would the force of the crash then cause a tsunami like wave? TIA :cool:

Hi Suthrngt :seeya:! It would cause small waves, but nothing like a tsunami type wave.

I haven't said this in a long while, but this seems like it could really be it this time. Anybody agree?

Like a very tiny pebble in a lake.
:therethere:

I feel the same way. I'm glad the families will finally have answers but I dread the day they start bringing up bodies, especially the children. Just thinking about it makes me feel like crying.

Very sad, but at least the families will be able to bury their loved ones, and put an end to the constant wondering.

Sydney Radio talkback station (2GB) aviation experts questioning how did the Chinese pinpoint the location and so quickly!!

I've been wondering the same. IF China pulls MH370 up first I'm hoping nothing is hidden from the world.

I really think they have it, lets just hope those pings manage to last. Since I have always believed all souls were lost, this is bitter sweet good news, families will get some closure and a place to grieve.

Sydney Radio talkback station (2GB) aviation experts questioning how did the Chinese pinpoint the location and so quickly!!

I've been wondering the same. IF China pulls MH370 up first I'm hoping nothing is hidden from the world.

I think china has been using its ping locators for longer than we knew, perhaps not wanting to let the world know its capabilities, and i think they want to be the announcer, obviously bc they gave it to the paper before australia but i doubt they want to hide anything per se. Its in their best interest to find this plane

IF China pulls MH370 up first, all will be hidden from the world. :(

Normally, the pinger locator glides through the water at a depth of about 9,800 feet, or nearly two miles. But when the Ocean Shield first picked up a signal Sunday, the pinger was positioned closer to the surface — about 1,000 feet.

Australian and U.S. Navy members aboard the ship cut a series of whirring electronic devices to reduce noise, said Cmdr. William Marks, a spokesman for the U.S. Navy’s Seventh Fleet. The pinger locator was then dropped to about 5,000 feet. Those aboard then heard the sound for more than two hours.

“As the Ocean Shield moved through the water, signal got stronger, stronger, stronger, then weaker, weaker, weaker,” Marks said. “That’s exactly how you’d expect it if it was the black box.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...e89a18-be12-11e3-b195-dd0c1174052c_story.html

The first detection was picked up on Sunday morning and held for about two hours and 20 minutes, before the ship lost contact. The pinger locator was in relatively shallow waters at the time.

On the return leg, hours later, a second detection was held for about 13 minutes, where two distinct pinger returns were audible.

The incidents were about 1800 metres apart and could have been from the same source, or two separate sources, said Commodore Peter Leavy, the man in charge of the search.

snip

The Ocean Shield will continue "runs" over the search area where it detected the signals for the next 24 hours.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/miss...ising-lead-20140407-368gm.html?skin=text-only

“As the Ocean Shield moved through the water, signal got stronger, stronger, stronger, then weaker, weaker, weaker,” Marks said. “That’s exactly how you’d expect it if it was the black box.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...52c_story.html

Uhm...soooo...if it gets stronger, stronger, stronger, then weaker...STOP!! Turn back to stronger. Why continue to go in the weaker zone? smh Give us the darn thing and Snoods n I will show you how it is done! They obviously have never played "Hot and Cold": "You are getting warmer!!! Warmer!! Cold!" :escape:

I just heard of 2 ships getting two different pings. One is 300 miles from the other. By now if the plane did crash things should begin to float. I realize that the ocean is ruff and it's hard to see things with the white caps, but I still feel something should have shown up. Time is of the essence here. I don't understand why a piece of luggage or a seat or something hasn't been spotted. I know the Indian Ocean is enormous. They have been able to lock the area to a smaller vector. I just hope they find this soon because if the battery to the black box runs out we will never have a clue as to what happened. I can't stop thinking about the families who will never have an answer. I saw this one lady walk out from the meeting where she was told that the flight ended in the Indian Ocean. She was crying and so upset she couldn't walk, then she explained she lost her son, daughter in law and two grandchildren. To think there are hundreds of stories we still haven't heard. This is just a horrific story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288