WI WI - Alejandra Guzman-Flores, 23, Milwaukee, 5 Oct 2013

Clearly we need a social thread because I'm going to carry on the OT-ness of this thread (LOL!)... Tracy, don't feel bad. I don't know any of my neighbors names either (nor do I want to because they're all rude. Don't get me started...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a8a3e5a9.jpg

I assume that's THE cornfield?

http://m.wisn.com/news/body-found-in-ixonia-not-that-of-kelly-dwyer/25288678

I assume so, but after driving through hours of it moving youngest to Madison, I don't know how you could tell if it wasn't. That could be anyplace between the end of the Chicago urban area and, I don't know, probably 500 miles into Canada. Cornfield after cornfield.

ETA: and when they were all golden with fall and lined with golden trees, it was miles and miles of gloriously beautiful :)

If you've seen one cornfield you've seen them all.

Well I guess one with a dead body is different..

There was cadaver smell on theshovel in the apt building where Kelly Dwyer disappeared.I suspect she is buried 2-3 feet deep. It will not be easy to find her.

There was a question about the snow/winter. I am at the IL/WI border so I'm going to assume it was the same up in Ixonia. This was one of the longest, snowiest winters in history in my area. I think it's plausible she was placed there last summer.

Someone posted a link where LE or someone local said that it's plausible that she was low enough under the plow machines that they wouldn't have affected her.

Which makes sense to me, old corn stalks are never level with the ground after harvesting, they're usually about 6 inches or maybe even a foot above ground.

Also, how has the winter been up that way? Lots of snow? I wonder if she was somewhat well preserved due to the cold.

Astrid, in a word, Antarctica. Our winter has been the coldest and snowiest one I can remember. Numerous winter storms so serious they name the things, double digit below zero temps for days on end, and wind chills so cold they take your breath away. That's why I am surprised that Jane's description is so vague. With as cold as it's been (and how long it's been cold, for that matter), I'd think she'd have been remarkably well preserved. And if she had been placed there before the temperatures dropped, as the sandals suggest, I'd think that a combine running a body over would give us even less to work with than we already know.

Astrid, in a word, Antarctica. Our winter has been the coldest and snowiest one I can remember. Numerous winter storms so serious they name the things, double digit below zero temps for days on end, and wind chills so cold they take your breath away. That's why I am surprised that Jane's description is so vague. With as cold as it's been (and how long it's been cold, for that matter), I'd think she'd have been remarkably well preserved. And if she had been placed there before the temperatures dropped, as the sandals suggest, I'd think that a combine running a body over would give us even less to work with than we already know.

Sorry to sound so vague, but are you saying she could have been snow covered for a considerable time after the harvest and that's why she wasn't seen?
(I'm seasonally challenged :D)

Sorry to sound so vague, but are you saying she could have been snow covered for a considerable time after the harvest and that's why she wasn't seen?
(I'm seasonally challenged :D)

I'm saying that is an excellent possibility indeed.

No updates about her, huh? I saw on 4/4 in the local news they said they Sheriff received the DNA report but nothing more than that headline (literally, there was no body to the story). I emailed them Jefferson Co. SD hoping they'd respond but they're not talking.

I agree that it's most likely this woman was dumped earlier and not discovered until winter ended. I would like to know what kind of sandals, though. Flip-flops or something she could wear around a house? Except on the coldest days, I often wear flip-flops as I'm getting ready to shower or afterwards. And I do have a co-worker who wore sandals through an awful lot of this winter (she could walk from her house to her car without ever going outside). So while the earlier dumping of the body is the most likely case, I would say it's not the only possibility.

I agree that it's most likely this woman was dumped earlier and not discovered until winter ended. I would like to know what kind of sandals, though. Flip-flops or something she could wear around a house? Except on the coldest days, I often wear flip-flops as I'm getting ready to shower or afterwards. And I do have a co-worker who wore sandals through an awful lot of this winter (she could walk from her house to her car without ever going outside). So while the earlier dumping of the body is the most likely case, I would say it's not the only possibility.

My bold

You made me think of the possibility of someone who changes their shoes in the car so they can drive easier. :dunno:

Going back over articles; sounds like she had been there before the field was harvested. It's been really cold all over this winter; IIRC; it's still cold there. The articles say she was decomposed; which to me says she's been there a while. Chris Sexton WV went missing 10/15/13; he was found 12/6/13 because his body had started to decompose.

Not sure if anyone posted this article -

National database may help identify woman's body found in Ixonia UPDATED 10:31 PM CDT Apr 03, 2014
... saw her in a farm field in Jefferson County over the weekend and wonders how and why the woman was naked and dead. He wonders who she was.

"The body was right next to the road almost. It was only like 12, 15 rows in," Lauersdorf said.

...The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office described the victim as:

--Younger than 50
--Weighs more than 127 pounds
--Was between 4 feet 10 inches and 5 feet 5 inches tall
--Has a tattoo on her right lower abdomen and on her right wrist and a chin piercing.

UPDATE: Autopsy completed on body discovered in Ixonia, identity still a mystery

...Officials say the body was decomposed, and had been there most likely through the winter.

Jefferson County officials say the corn in the field was harvested in late November, but with huge combines, lots of stalks being ground up and some harvesting done at night, a body close to the ground could go unnoticed.

I wish LE would release more info. Right now I believe the sandals came from the guy that found her.

Really hard to cut this article down...

DNA shows body found in Ixonia cornfield not that of missing Milwaukee woman

...“We have not discussed a facial reconstruction, but that is definitely a possibility,” Haferman said...

....The body was found no more than 50 feet into a harvested cornfield...

Haferman noted that the body was visible from the road, though perhaps not identifiable as human remains.

The body reportedly was nude with the exception of sandals, Haferman noted. Theder described it as being in an advanced state of decomposition with the face not recognizable. No other items were recovered at the scene to assist in identifying the body.

“At this time, it is unknown how long the body was at the North Road location before it was found,” according to a press release issued Wednesday. Haferman told the Daily Union that authorities still are thinking the body had been in that location since late fall.

However, it was difficult to calculate due to the extreme cold winter and the impact that likely had on the decomposition process.

Haferman said it remains possible the body was left in the field prior to the last harvesting in late November or early December.

“Her body was underneath the cornstalks where it would been below the cutoff point of the combine,” Haferman said.

http://www.wisn.com/news/police-still-working-to-identify-body-found-in-jefferson-county/25254922

Screencap below:
Picture of the field from the road where the body was found in.

picture.php

Just noticing there are no fences along this field.
It even looks as if the road verge has been cut not that long ago either.
The field cut looks low enough to be able to see something lying in it from the road - especially if you are driving a bigger/taller vehicle - even if its not recognizable as a body.

At the video in the link above the Land owner says he "couldn't imagine the body being there before the harvest - it would have been run over or spotted ..."

The Sheriff said "the body had been out in the elements for quite some time..."

I cant see how she could have been missed when the harvest was in progress - the machine tracks through the field don't look wide enough to miss her - and I'd think she'd have been covered in chaff if she was lying there (maybe she was)

I wonder if she had been moved there within the day/s prior to her being found. Possibly an animal dragged her there and left her there, was disturbed and took off.
Or possibly she was killed somewhere else months before and placed there by someone as they drove past very recently before she was discovered.

I was trying to narrow down the options - I think I made them wider :(

Body identified as Alejandra Guzman-Flores, 23, Milwaukee. Reported missing October 2013.

Thankyou Dylan021706 for being so quick getting this report up on the thread.

http://www.wisn.com/news/body-found-in-town-of-ixonia-identified-as-milwaukee-woman/25360658

Sheriff Paul Milbrath said that the body has been identified as Alejandra Guzman-Flores of Milwaukee.

Milbrath said that her family had last seen her on Oct. 5, 2013.
-----
Police have not commented on her manner of death.

Thats wonderful news, she has been identified.
Good work LE!
Be at peace now Alejandra - you are on your way home.
:rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back