Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

No signs of trauma or foul play.

No sign of this being a crime.

Troubled person who took off.

Police will not speculate on how she got to the pond; they don't know.

Multiple ways to get to the lake.

It's dark, it was muddy. Someone could (easily) stumble.

No ice on the lake the night she went missing, but the weather changed after she went missing.

No idea why they didn't find her earlier, but she probably sank once the air went out of her lungs.

Other than waiting for toxicology report, there are no further actions. This is not a crime. Probable accidental drowning.

Investigation will be closed.

/the end

RE Private Investigator stirring pot on Marvin Sapp--lol-question from journalist. Sheriff won't respond to that except to say that she appears to have been alone, on her own

No signs of trauma. Her clothing was consistent with the scene...not trauma...a lot of different paths and breaks she could get over/through the fence.

Lake is lower than berm...if you were walking at night you could stumble and fall into lake easily

Nothing unusual was reported by Borgess staff for that day.

Puts that to rest.

Not really. Borgess has to think about liability and technically she may have been acting the way she always have but it still could have been strange. We will never know everything about that but Borgess is not trying to get sued by telling too much.

I just find it hard to believe that TP starting breaking down the minute her shift was over and she got into this coworker's car and starting acting strange.

Common sense tells me otherwise. I hate this for her too.

According to the press conference, the body has been positively identified as TP!
They also found the keys and $100 in her pocket. Toxicology reports will take weeks to focus on cause of death. NO sign of trauma or injury. This a sad reality to end this case! ...praying for the family. God knows best! Trust HIM!

Short of any new information coming in

Investigation closed. Solved as it's going to get.

No trauma

Pending toxicology, COD looks to be drowning.

Just think, she might have been saved if the police who originally found her car would have walked over to the lake

:(

Not really. Borgess has to think about liability and technically she may have been acting the way she always have but it still could have been strange. We will never know everything about that but Borgess is not trying to get sued by telling too much.

I just find it hard to believe that TP starting breaking down the minute her shift was over and she got into this coworker's car and starting acting strange.

Common sense tells me otherwise. I hate this for her too.

IMO, we either have to believe her tweets or not. I choose to believe them.

This sheriff is the idjut who said there was pretty much no way she could have been in the lake.

Teleka was a master at disguising her illness. She compartmentalized very well. She may have acted ok at work.Maybe she felt safe in the hospital. It probably was very difficult to stay in the professional Teleka mode but if anyone could do it I believe Teleka could. Once her shift was over it all came flooding out. I think something happened to her in that couple of hour time frame from saying she would post pics the next day to deleting her twitters. She called James the next day and when he couldnt come, she left her phone and badge at work and decided to head out to him. jmo. Damn, I hate this ending.

Teleka was a master at disguising her illness. She compartmentalized very well. She may have acted ok at work.Maybe she felt safe in the hospital. It probably was very difficult to stay in the professional Teleka mode but if anyone could do it I believe Teleka could. Once her shift was over it all came flooding out. I think something happened to her in that couple of hour time frame from saying she would post pics the next day to deleting her twitters. She called James the next day and when he couldnt come, she left her phone and badge at work and decided to head out to him. jmo. Damn, I hate this ending.

Interesting she took her pager and left her phone.

I doubt Borgess is legally liable for TP's mental illness and her spiraling out of control. Apparently (and according to reports police gathered) she was very adept at hiding her issues. Her family did know about those issues, at least to some extent.

Police said social media did not help find TP. Her own social media did not provide any clues to them to help find her, and they had to put that aside and stay focused on finding her. (this is from the press conference). There was no evidence that anyone was chasing her or had been chasing her. Nothing physical, no reports. Troubled young woman who voluntarily went off on her own.

Um, we saw a boat in the lake in one of the google map images.

I hope someone returns that $100 to the co worker. So she drove straight through without stopping it seems.

SM didnt provide anything to LE because they had her phone records but we were right on about her contacting James if she contacted anyone. I hope he can let go of the guilt he carries about feeling he let her down. Its not his fault he couldnt get there in time to save her. She was just worse this time than other times he helped her.

So very very sad. I learned so much about mental illness from this case, from all the wonderful discussions on this forum. I take that away as a small positive from this tragic case.

Rest in Peace Teleka

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back