KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #7, New Arrest 3/12/13

Rebecca Hollister gets away with whatever her part was in Pat's murder.

http://cjonline.com/news/2013-06-12/charges-against-rebecca-hollister-dismissed

Charges filed earlier this year in Nemaha County against Rebecca Hollister were dismissed Wednesday.

Nemaha County Attorney Brad Lippert filed the dismissal request Wednesday morning, according to Rebecca Hollister’s attorney, Kelly Trussell, of Kauffman and Eye in Topeka.

Lippert’s motion to dismiss states “an essential state witness died, making it difficult for the state to proceed further with the prosecution of this matter.”

Rebecca Hollister gets away with whatever her part was in Pat's murder.

http://cjonline.com/news/2013-06-12/charges-against-rebecca-hollister-dismissed

Charges filed earlier this year in Nemaha County against Rebecca Hollister were dismissed Wednesday.

Nemaha County Attorney Brad Lippert filed the dismissal request Wednesday morning, according to Rebecca Hollister’s attorney, Kelly Trussell, of Kauffman and Eye in Topeka.

Lippert’s motion to dismiss states “an essential state witness died, making it difficult for the state to proceed further with the prosecution of this matter.”

That's unfortunate. But she could still be a witness WHEN the other arrest is finally made. Right?

Kansas Supreme Court To Hear Appeal Of Dead Inmates' Murder Case

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/...al-Of-Dead-Inmates-Murder-Case-242323041.html

He died March 20, 2013, but the Capital Appellate Defender believes the appeal is still viable. The office states the district court erred by refusing to instruct the jury on second-degree murder as the defense requested. The appeal also states the court offered the jury instruction on capital murder that supposedly eliminated an essential element of the crime and it alleges misconduct by prosecutors.
The Kansas Supreme Court hears the case Friday.

^^^ This seems really strange to me.
Just plain weird actually.

Here is the Patricia Kimmi Case Archive:

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...6&page=1&_suid=139091895164006391812514336375

Tony Kimmi called it a waste of time, and it sure as hell is.

Apparently, the lawyer forgot to tell the Kansas Supreme Court the dude is dead.

http://cjonline.com/news/2014-01-31/supreme-court-hears-appeal-deceased-killers-conviction

The bottom of the article was updated/added this afternoon... I found it interesting that Kuckelman is still working the case and knows more than RoHo were involved in Pat's murder.

Atchison County prosecutors alleged Roger Hollister carried out a contract killing of Kimmi. During Roger Hollister’s hearing in Atchison County, the prosecution and the defense both stated Eugene Kimmi, Patricia Kimmi’s ex-husband, may have played a role in his ex-wife’s death. Eugene Kimmi hasn’t been charged in the case.

After Friday’s hearing, Kuckelman said he still hopes additional arrests will be made.

“We may be in a lull right now, but this is an active case,” Kuckelman said. “More people were involved. This file is front and center in my office.”

Rebecca Hollister liable for attorney fees

check-big.png
check-big.png
check-big.png
check-big.png
check-big.png

PreviousNext
By Joey May
Rebecca Hollister

By Joey May
Rebecca Hollister testifying in court during her husband Roger’s trial in Atchison County for the murder of Patricia Kimmi.

Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 3:04 pm | Updated: 9:20 am, Wed Mar 19, 2014.
Rebecca Hollister liable for attorney feesBy MARY MEYERS Atchison GlobeAtchison Daily Globe | 0 comments
Kansas Appellate Court justices upheld a denial of sanctions to pay attorney fees for one of three defendants named in the Patricia Kimmi wrongful death suit.
The Kansas Court of Appeals handed down the decision Friday that District Court Judge Robert J. Bednar did not abuse any discretion or legal error when he denied Rebecca Hollister any authority for payment to cover the cost for her attorneys related to the death suit in excess of $50,00. . . . . .

Hit that payment key, Re-ho, or hit the cell block! With a mop perhaps.

I think about Pat often and still have trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that EK is still walking free. At least as far as I know he is.

It was posted on FB about 10 days ago that the Investigation Discovery channel contacted the family and would be in Horton shooting for one of their shows.

Thanks so much, AR, for keeping us up-to-date on Pat's case. Glad to hear it's still very active and I sure hope it heats up soon. It's hard to believe it's been 5 years and that old EK is still walking around free. I think of Pat and her family often and still hope for justice for all of them.

It was posted on FB about 10 days ago that the Investigation Discovery channel contacted the family and would be in Horton shooting for one of their shows.

Just wanted to let everyone know that this show will air Monday night, January 5th at 9:00 central time on the ID channel.

I hope I can find the program in southeast Nebraska on Time Warner.

ID channel's "Murder Comes To Town" is about Patricia this week.

thanks Clu....watching it now....good episode so far!

ETA...I don't remember hearing that RoHo wore a neck brace when first approach d by LEA.

Rita does a great job on camera....she looks great.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back