GUILTY UT - Megan Huntsman charged in deaths of 7 newborns, Pleasant Grove, 1996-2006

How come no one ever saw her pregnant and said, hey! Wheres the baby???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the article I read it sounded like she didn't have children. Did I miss something?

Makes you wonder how many baby-killers there are doing this on a daily basis.

She has daughters born before and during the same years that authorities believe the deceased babies were born. I wonder if the deceased babies are all male.

She has daughters born before and during the same years that authorities believe the deceased babies were born. I wonder if the deceased babies are all male.

That's an interesting (but horrible) thought.

Someone must have known/noticed that she was pregnant all those times. This is beyond my understanding.

I feel sorry for her daughters. So far.

how many living kids does she have? why would she keep them and murder others? and how is it that not one person close to her noticed she was pregnant?! and how is it possible for her to hide SEVEN births (and deaths)???

did she have her first two or three kids and then decide she was done?! murder was her birth control?!

ugh, I'm sick to my stomach now

I think I heard the surviving children are female. The thought crossed my mind that the deceased babies might be male. JMO.

Yikes - hard to psychoanalyze without more info, but I wonder if she just totally detached from the whole thing - I mean leaving them so close by. It's like she just couldn't handle the pregnancy and was able to completely ignore it and quickly kill the baby every time. If she had others, something weird must have triggered it. I do believe something is very off with her mentally - not sure if I believe it's evil. She lost touch with reality, it seems, but was still sane enough to keep up appearances. It's a weird state to be in that very few people reach but it tends to end disasterously.

If she did not want them,why not use birthcontrol?

This thread should probably be in the 'Serial Murderers' subforum.

There seems to be a certain group of women who do kill their newborns, but then can't seem to bear to part with their bodies. I've read about some who would pack the bodies up and move them if they moved. Yet many of them did have repeated pregnancies and repeated murders.

I do have to wonder about the husband and his role in this. Did he not notice she was pregnant? And 6 babies during a 10 year period? She could have felt overwhelmed.

As to how or why she had some kids and killed others, it coud have been a socio-economic thing. At the time of the other children's births, maybe she felt they could afford them. But the others maybe born during tough times. She may have felt she couldn't afford them and that to have them would deprive the children she already kept, but at the same time she couldn't bear to part with them.

I think it is possible there could have been domestic violence at play here. Mental health is also a possibility.

Yikes - hard to psychoanalyze without more info, but I wonder if she just totally detached from the whole thing - I mean leaving them so close by. It's like she just couldn't handle the pregnancy and was able to completely ignore it and quickly kill the baby every time. If she had others, something weird must have triggered it. I do believe something is very off with her mentally - not sure if I believe it's evil. She lost touch with reality, it seems, but was still sane enough to keep up appearances. It's a weird state to be in that very few people reach but it tends to end disasterously.
my only guess...she was very isolated by a controlling husband.
Shrug...

Speechless- her mug shot kind of says it all...

my only guess...she was very isolated by a controlling husband.
Shrug...

Yeah, I'm not giving her a pass because of this, but I bet it will definitely play into it.

Definitely more to this story than is being reported. So many unanswered questions. Why keep the three daughters and kill the other seven babies? As somebody else mentioned, were all the other babies boys?

Another possibility, are the deaths drug related? This article says that the husband was plead guilty "to two counts of possessing chemicals intended to be used in manufacturing methamphetamine." http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/13/woman-arrested-7-dead-babies/7681445/

Maybe the mother is an addict and gave birth to the three girl during periods of being "clean" but the other babies were all born when she was using. Could murdering those babies been a sick way of hiding her drug use?

Like others have questioned, how she could have hidden 7 pregnancies? Also, how could she give birth to seven babies alone? I can't imagine even having one baby with nobody there to help. Did somebody help with the deliveries? With a husband and three children what are the chances of her going into, and through, labor 7 times when nobody was around?

Also in that same article, it says that Huntsman moved out of the house several years ago and left the three girls living there alone. It has been reported that the girls are now 22, 20 and 14. If their mother moved out several years ago, who was taking care of those kids?

Huntsman moved out several years ago, leaving her three daughters, one teenager and two young adults, to live alone, the Hawkers said. They weren't sure where Huntsman has since been living.

This is all just odd.

Edit to add, this article says she moved out of the house in 2011. Apparently the house is owned by the husband's family and possibly the grandparents might have been living there with the girls. http://abcnews.go.com/US/babies-found-dead-utah-woman-arrested-murder-counts/story?id=23311067

As you can imagine this story is HUGE! here in Utah. There are already voices in her defense. Her ex husband found one of the bodies while cleaning the garage. Where and when did she give birth? I will have to follow this thread from the rafters far enough away from my keyboard. Moo

ciao

Husband never asked about babies? He never cleaned his garage? No one smelled anything decomposing? Why did she leave them & not take them when she moved?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back