IL IL - Kimberly Mabry, 27, Rockford, 1 Sept 1994

Thanks for your help I'm checking on your leads

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Please don't think we've all abandoned you...I am just waiting for the slew of information that was going to be posted to help get us started. Once we have some more things to run with I think the thread will pick up with more leads for you.

:seeya:

I'm here and ready to help!! I've had lots of experience with slow moving missing persons investigation. My cousin went missing and was eventually found dead. I know I called that detective 3 times a day for weeks. We also had news stations covering her disappearance and had to wade through tons of false tips and crazy people looking for some fame. If you need any help let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that the address came back to a nursing home stood out to me. An unsolved case familiar to me, involved an unidentified older female left nude, hands and teeth removed, in a plastic bag in Michigan in aug of 1992. Police suspected she may of been missing from a nursing home. Are they connnected? I have no idea........

The bag containing her head, was weighed down, but not the rest?

In general dismemberment of a victim is usually for 1 of 2 purposes,

1) To satisfy a psychological need (Psychosis/Psychopathy)

or

2) To delay identification, usually because the offender is known to associate with the victim.

In the first case, the offender usually doesn't care, if certain body parts, are discovered, sometimes, they are placed, in positions to ensure shock (EG, Serial Killer Danny Rolling, put one victims, head on a mantle to shock those who found her body)

In the second case, things like the victims, hands, (fingerprints), body parts with identifiable tattoos, and the victims, head (facial id/dental records), are hidden, to delay identification...Why?

Because its usually someone close to the victim.

Episode 14 of Sword and Scale will feature the story of Kimberly Renea Mabry. It will be released on 4/23/2014.

In the meantime here is the death certificate. The full docs will be uploaded to the show notes page.

Attachments

• Death Certificate.pdf
    325.2 KB · Views: 45
The bag containing her head, was weighed down, but not the rest?

In general dismemberment of a victim is usually for 1 of 2 purposes,

1) To satisfy a psychological need (Psychosis/Psychopathy)

or

2) To delay identification, usually because the offender is known to associate with the victim.

In the first case, the offender usually doesn't care, if certain body parts, are discovered, sometimes, they are placed, in positions to ensure shock (EG, Serial Killer Danny Rolling, put one victims, head on a mantle to shock those who found her body)

In the second case, things like the victims, hands, (fingerprints), body parts with identifiable tattoos, and the victims, head (facial id/dental records), are hidden, to delay identification...Why?

Because its usually someone close to the victim.
It's also easier to dispose of smaller pieces than an entire body. Sometimes it's just as simple as convienience.

I see on the death certificate that it shows occupation as Art/ Design with 2 years of college.

Even though we know she had gone down the road of drugs and prostitution, is it possible there were any local art exhibits or the like that she would have attended?

Were there any local artists she remained in contact with? Or art buyers who she would have possibly painted for that could have gone sour?

If that is not anything she was still pursuing, it's a moot point...just wondering if there was an aspect outside of the prostitution/drug angle that hadn't been explored yet.

It's also easier to dispose of smaller pieces than an entire body. Sometimes it's just as simple as convienience.

Sometimes , but in this case the head was carefully weighted down, which in my experience is an attempt to conceal any chance of recognition.. face/dental records etc..

Just linking this article because in my searches it caught my attention:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/...wont-be-retried-for-1994-rape-and-murder.html

SBM:

In 1994, Glover’s body was found in a Dumpster, beaten and strangled to death. The four teenagers confessed to attacking the alleged prostitute. Swift, Richardson and Saunders were convicted and sentenced to between 30 and 40 years in prison.

Thames pleaded guilty and got a 30-year sentence. Last May, DNA found in semen inside Glover’s body matched to Johnny Douglas, a violent felon who was killed in 2008. Douglas had been convicted of a 1997 fatal strangulation of a prostitute.

Now granted, Douglas is dead...but the circumstances were similar to Kimberly's. Possible to run DNA possible match (if there was any)?

Another article regarding prostitute murders -

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...20310_1_miller-orange-prison-jumpsuit-elderly

SBM:
PEORIA — It took Joseph Robert Miller-a short, pudgy, convicted killer of prostitutes-just a few months of freedom to become this river town's first serial killer, according to police.

By October, the naked bodies of three women believed by authorities to have been prostitutes had been found in drainage ditches around Peoria

In 1978, Miller, who at 23 already had a long police record, was convicted of killing two Chicago-area prostitutes and was sentenced to 15 to 30 years in prison. He was paroled after 15 years, ending his term last April at the Illinois River Correctional Center in Canton, about 35 miles from Peoria.

Miller is well-known to Chicago-area authorities. He has been arrested a dozen times for crimes ranging from grand larceny and auto theft as a teenager to sexual assault and murder, according to court records in Chicago, Skokie, Downstate Bloomington and Virginia.

Miller murdered some prostitutes but he also killed an elderly woman for whom he did yard work.

Anyway, what was the cause of Kimberly's death again?

Miller murdered some prostitutes but he also killed an elderly woman for whom he did yard work.

Anyway, what was the cause of Kimberly's death again?

We don't have it yet. I know there are suppose to be several more documents to aid us...but the only thing we've seen so far is the death certificate which was uploaded on page 1. Nothing on it indicates COD - states "Pending Investigation".
It sounds like the complete death certificate with the notes page will be provided soon, so maybe it will have more indicators/findings that could indicate potential COD.

It does state on the certificate that an autopsy was performed - but God only knows what could/could not be determined with her body found scattered, in water, and dismembered.

I did see that the date of death area appears to have been left blank as well, but maybe the notes will help determine if she had been submersed in the water for a length of time (over the prior winter and recently surfaced) or if it was more recent.

Just finished listening to the podcast of Kimberly's case. Poor Jennifer Robin...I could just feel her hurt and pain coming through her voice. How heartbreaking to have no one willing to help her. I'm reviewing my notes I took on the podcast and will post some follow up questions for her - hopefully she returns to answer our questions.

Also - are the plans to upload the documents here or at the Sword and Scale webpage? I just want to make sure I know where I'm suppose to be looking...

Finally had time to scour through all the documents related to the case over on Sword and Scale. Hoping jenniferrobin is still checking in here. :seeya:

Wow...lots of questions I have regarding the info posted and also in listening to the podcast interview so this may be long...here we go:

When Kimberly's son Jeremy (Jeremiah in the obit) was removed and placed with a family from the church, do you know much about the family with whom he was placed?
Is there any reason at all to think maybe she tried to make contact with him which maybe caused issues with someone in that family? Would they have any reason to go after Kim?
What about Jeremy's dad? Did he or anyone in his family have any reason to harm Kim?
Those would be two potential avenues to look into if they haven't already been eliminated.

Then when you were talking about when Kim called and you and your mother didn't go pick her up, you stated that there were bruises inside her legs and Kim said she'd "been hit by a car". WHAT? That is crazy...I'm sure you already know that was more than likely a flat out lie. Was anyone in the hotel questioned to whom the room was booked to? Was this a sleazy hotel where the rooms aren't held with a credit card or even a name? You mentioned Kim saying that "a black guy" was holding her against her will, but she didn't provide a room number etc. Was there security cameras that showed who she came in with?

Then you stated that the gal who was assaulted by Joe Gray (I can't state her name as she's not mentioned in any articles) said that Joe was instructed to dispose of deer remains but that he knew it wasn't actually deer remains.
Have the cops ever questioned him regarding Kim's murder? WHO told Joe Gray to dump the "deer"? That would likely be the person (if it was Kim) who knows exactly what happened to her! (If it's true)
What is the connection between this girl/Joe Gray/Kim? I find it strange that she would file charges against him for sexual assault and that she wouldn't have informed the police at that time what he had told her in regards to Kim. I would have thought her husband would have wanted him put away for life if possible...why didn't this get brought up to police?

On one of the articles it stated that when her body was autopsied there were NO drugs or alcohol in her system. If she was engaged in prostitution at the time, what is the likelihood she wouldn't be using? Was it "normal" for her to sell herself and NOT be under the influence? The reason I ask is that if she wasn't using at the time she was murdered...she likely would have been with people who also weren't using, but may also want to harm her. Who had PERSONAL reasons to want her dead?

I would like to know more information on Pamela J. White/Enderle (article you posted). I can't find ONE article about her murder when searching online.
Her address at the time of her murder was 4200 Middlebury Ave and was beaten and strangled.
Kim's address at the time of her death was 4220 Middlebury Ave and was also murdered. What is the likelihood that it's simply coincidence? Very small, I think.
I can't find any information on her case. Were the people found who murdered her? I don't see it on any unsolved murders in IL, nor cold case. If the person who murdered her was found...did they look into a connection to Kim?

I also read in one of the articles that there were complaints from Kim on police reports. What did these reports consist of? Any particular person/people repeatedly mentioned in these reports? Physical complaints?

I also read that there were wounds found on her head, she didn't appear to be shot, and that a saw or extremely sharp knife was used in her dismemberment - almost identical to how someone would clean a deer or large animal. What are the odds that Joe Gray was told to "dump the deer" and the police state she was dismembered almost identical to how a deer would be cleaned? This person is likely a hunter and could know the area she was disposed of because they hunted on that land and were familiar with the creek and it's flow pattern.

And I agree with the other poster who said that by weighing down her head it was an attempt to not have her be identified - and likely knew her. Possibly knew her well enough that they would be looked into as a suspect so they made an effort to conceal what they could.

I'm still digging through my notes, but these are a few questions/comments I have so far.

Jenniferrobin - you still checking in? Just wondering if you're still here or not. :seeya: I had a couple questions/comments in my longer post above if you care to answer.

Thanks!

Sharing on Hope for Hailey Dunn Facebook. Justice for Kimberly!

hello,
listened to sword and scale episode 14 and recently and decided to check out this forum and I see it hasn't been updated in quite a while. I don't know if this will help or if everyone is still working on this but I had an idea while reading some of the leads and I thought I might post it anyway so here it is :
If Kim's autopsy suggested that she was not on any drugs or alcohol at the time of death and considering she was reported to be involved in prostitution, is it possible that she had made a decision to try to clean her life up and get out of the 'prostitution ring' or what it was she was caught up in and followed through with attempting to get clean of the drugs she was using and whoever was 'in charge' of overseeing her prostitution (I'm not sure exactly how that works) got angry at this and worried at the fact that she could identify him/her and their associates once clean and tried to 'get rid of the problem'?
not sure if this will help at all or if anyone is still working on this but thought I'd share anyway

Who killed Kimberly Mabry? Sheriff's lieutenant re-examining clues in 22-year-old dismemberment

http://m.saukvalley.com/2016/08/31/who-killed-kimberly-mabry/afh31ju/

22 years later, an unsolved homicide, with no motive, no cause of death ever pinned down.

Whiteside County Sheriff’s Lt. John Booker badly wants to rectify that.

Wednesday was the 22nd anniversary of the last day Mabry was seen alive, in Rockford. If he could find out how she wound up in such a remote part of his county – an area nonetheless popular with hunters from all over the region – he’d be a long ways toward solving the mystery, Booker said Wednesday.

He’s not thinking serial killer. “I think it’s somebody local.”

He’s appealing to the community one more time, in the hopes that new information will come to light.

“The Whiteside County Sheriff’s office has never given up investigating this heinous crime,” Booker said Wednesday.

And it never will.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back