Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just turned off my phone and then called it, and it rang and rang and would have kept ringing because I don't have voicemail service with my cell phone, but then my google voice voicemail picked up finally, so without voicemail it would continue to ring.

Trouble is with Google Voice. You are using a google service instead of the carrier voice mail and it is looking for google to ring into your device OR computer. Unless you logout of the google service it still thinks your device(s) are ready to receive calls.

Try it with a cell phone that is using carrier voice mail and see what happens.

Underwater search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 nearly completed

April 26, 2014 1:13PM

ABOUT 95 per cent of the underwater search area for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has been completed.

The underwater search area is focused on a 10km radius around the second Towed Pinger Locator detection which occurred on April 8.

If nothing is found, the underwater vehicle Bluefin-21 will continue to examine the areas adjacent to the 10km radius.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...nearly-completed/story-e6frfq80-1226896676322

Not trying to say you are wrong, but, the phone calls made by the families to the passengers phones after the plane went missing, and the families hearing it ring IS possible without the cellphone being active, or powered on.
I've explained this before.
When the cell phone is turned on, it connects to the network and basically says hello network, i'm this phone and i'm connected. Some would call it a handshake, ping, or acknowledgement. Which is why the police and authorities are able to ping your cell phone and pull a GPS coordinates to find out where you are.
Now when you turn your cell phone off, it sends another message, basically saying i'm leaving the network and will no long be on to accept calls. So there will be no more ringing.
If you happen to pull your battery out or the battery dies, the phone has no time to send that goodbye message, and the network will assume the phone is still on and just not in network range, temporary signal loss, and to someone who is trying to call you, they will think you are ignoring their calls. Which is why the families still heard their loved ones phone ring when they called.

Also I've heard about people asking about the "find my phone" app. In order for that to work, you would need to have the cell phone in network range and with a data connection.

Your explanation leave out a critical component in the call setup.

Call Forward Not Reachable (CFNRc) is a designation by the MSC (Mobile Switching Center) that is flagged if the subscriber phone does not respond to the paging---battery out, powered off, radio strength (No bars)

The Paging process made during the call setup prevents the MSC from wasting time ringing a subscriber that is not ready or available.

Like I said before the cell phones network is extremely robust.

The very "ping" you state that Law Enforcement use to locate phones is the very same "ping" that the Mobile system uses to ensure the subscriber is ready to receive a call.

I just turned off my phone and then called it, and it rang and rang and would have kept ringing because I don't have voicemail service with my cell phone, but then my google voice voicemail picked up finally, so without voicemail it would continue to ring.

(Smiling)

Here is your answer to why you got the results that you did.

You are setup for an alternate termination (Google voice mail). The "it rang and rang" is the system routing your call to the Google voice mail server. If you did not have this service it would have prompted the Gateway MSC to get a "Call Forward Not Reachable" that would send the call to a recording "the subscriber is unavailable". It your case the call is sent to Google instead of a recording.

The system works on a SS7 messaging network that makes sure the phone is reachable before a connection is ever made if not you get a recording.

Not trying to argue, but what fact is it that it IS in the Indian Ocean??
the media has constantly said it has crashed into the Indian Ocean but we have had no proof.
There is a lack of evidence (at least that was released to the public) pointing to the Indian Ocean.

Everyone has been so quick to disregard the norther route because it would have had to pass through other countries.
BUT it passed through Thai airpsace, they saw it on their radars and did nothing even though MH370 didn't have it's transponder on. They knew it was a civilian craft and it didn't pose a threat so they left it alone.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/18/thailand-malaysia-flight_n_4985619.html

they meant "fact" as in, imo.....imo.

otoh, fact is the unknown rider (aviation speak for ufo) did not pass through Thai airspace, which is a large distinction when you use the Thai example to support the Northern route possibility.

additionally, India and Pakistan (the countries along the northern route) would not have taken the "oh so what" attitude that Malaysia and Thailand did when they both saw MH 370 turn off course. If MH 370 had wandered into their (Indian and Pakistani) airspace unannounced, they would have responded in real time with real fighters.

To paraphrase an obnoxious insurance commercial that's constantly airing on TV at this time: "everyone knows that". Everyone in the intelligence and aviation community anyways.

Which is why the Northern route has been discarded as a likelihood by the folks making the decisions on where to look. (which is, imo, American and British intelligence services).

The same goes if one were to removes the sim card out of the phone. JMO.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Not trying to argue, but what fact is it that it IS in the Indian Ocean??
the media has constantly said it has crashed into the Indian Ocean but we have had no proof.
There is a lack of evidence (at least that was released to the public) pointing to the Indian Ocean.

Everyone has been so quick to disregard the norther route because it would have had to pass through other countries.
BUT it passed through Thai airpsace, they saw it on their radars and did nothing even though MH370 didn't have it's transponder on. They knew it was a civilian craft and it didn't pose a threat so they left it alone.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/18/thailand-malaysia-flight_n_4985619.html

I suppose Immarsat did a breakthrough analysis, and the pings led to this location. Also, I personally don't think Australia would be wasting resources if not believed to be in S. Indian ocean. But, i'm in the "i'll believe when I see it" camp.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Touting how the technolgy they design can control compasses, altimeters, thrust etc from afar.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soHZSOB0mWk"]Freescale Blimp Demo Using Sensor and Wireless Products - YouTube[/ame]

Virgin Airline planes are white and red. They have flights to and from Male to Australia. Is it possible that it was a Virgin Airlines flight that was seen and that is why we have not heard anything?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qETgtQX4bV8"]Incredible A330-200 Maldives Cockpit Landing HD - YouTube[/ame]

This Swiss aircraft is also white and red.

Looking forward to new innovations being developed and greater understanding of the world's deepest oceans.jmo.

bbm.
http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/03/climate-change-malaysia-airlines-370-search

"When things happen in the Indian [Ocean], we find out a how little infrastructure we actually have in place," Russell says, referring to everything from ports from which boats can be deployed, to data installations to monitor the changing oceans.

That means scientists are playing catchup with the data, says Matthew England from UNSW, and there are basic holes in our understandings of the ocean. "The reality is that the ocean there is very poorly measured," he says. "We have some evidence from satellites, but not nearly enough measurements, not nearly enough understanding of the flow patterns there. We largely rely on models to piece that together. There's a bit of guesswork there."

All three scientists agree that new technology is making data collection in this vast unknown a little easier, though there's a lot ground to make up. "Argo floats" are battery-powered autonomous robots that park themselves under the surface of the ocean and transmit all sorts of useful data that can help scientists map the ocean, and the climate, more clearly."

Out of the mouths of babes, or teenagers anyway, upon seeing this vid. one exclaimed "that you have to be some kind of incredible person to be a searcher"!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MilaAOp7k2M"]Malaysia Airlines flight mh370 search operation in Indian Ocean - YouTube[/ame]

As active as the ocean is you would think stuff from the plane would be scattered far and wide on the ocean floor and if it went down in the areas searched, something would have been found. Bugs me that the north corridor has been ignored!

Out of the mouths of babes, or teenagers anyway, upon seeing this vid. one exclaimed "that you have to be some kind of incredible person to be a searcher"!

Malaysia Airlines flight mh370 search operation in Indian Ocean - YouTube

Not related to the search for MH370. Not even the correct ocean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aow2ErSP3dQ

It was definitely shot at least a year before MH370 even disappeared and it’s allegedly a tanker vessel off of Portugal during a storm in the North Atlantic.

As active as the ocean is you would think stuff from the plane would be scattered far and wide on the ocean floor and if it went down in the areas searched, something would have been found. Bugs me that the north corridor has been ignored!

BBM. I try to remain optimistic and trusting that they wouldn't be putting the time, money, effort, etc into the current search area if they didn't have good reason to believe the plane was there.... but man, it just seems that by this point there would be something at least quasi-concrete. 95% of the search area complete without so much as something worth a second look? Not a single shred of debris? No fluid slicks? No significant radar hits (that are public knowledge)? How is it possible that all we actually know is that the plane took off from Malaysia and didn't land in Beijing? There has got to be more going on behind the scenes that we're not privy to, right?? :banghead:

Not unless a mechanical issue is what caused whatever to happen to MH370. Then it's not meaningless.
IMO.

Four incidents in just over a month from the same airline is a little "odd."

:seeya:

Just getting caught up after being absent from here for a couple of days. Agree, four incidents in that time frame does appear to be "odd". Now it also has me curious if there was a malfunction with a landing gear on MH370 that perhaps prevented it from landing somewhere...after crew discovered another problem? It doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibilities at this point. Something seems amiss with maintenance.

MOO

BBM. I try to remain optimistic and trusting that they wouldn't be putting the time, money, effort, etc into the current search area if they didn't have good reason to believe the plane was there.... but man, it just seems that by this point there would be something at least quasi-concrete. 95% of the search area complete without so much as something worth a second look? Not a single shred of debris? No fluid slicks? No significant radar hits (that are public knowledge)? How is it possible that all we actually know is that the plane took off from Malaysia and didn't land in Beijing? There has got to be more going on behind the scenes that we're not privy to, right?? :banghead:

Of course there is. It isn't going to be made public yet and i remember a number of accidents that didn't have much made public until after the ntsb had finished so its not that unusual. Australia has the lead for this search and they would not be wasting resources unless they were as certain as can be that the scientific methodology (which btw was peer reviewed by boing and the british accident investigation service) is accurate.

That said, accurate can mean within a few hundred km given the size of the area. The only question i have is about the pings which don't seem to be anything but the plane. However i do remember reading about angle and bouncing off cliffs and other areas making the location problematic

all imo

Interesting article...

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Secu...s?cmpid=editorpicks&google_editors_picks=true

Can military's satellite links be hacked? Cyber-security firm cites concerns.

Satellite communications terminals, including those used by the US military, are vulnerable, says IOActive, a cyber-security firm. SATCOM industry officials say the terminals are secure

“No doubt it’s a concern, but it’s unlikely US aircraft will begin dropping out of the sky anytime soon,” says John Bumgarner, research director for the US Cyber Consequences Unit, a cyber-security think tank.

Virgin Airline planes are white and red. They have flights to and from Male to Australia. Is it possible that it was a Virgin Airlines flight that was seen and that is why we have not heard anything?

Incredible A330-200 Maldives Cockpit Landing HD - YouTube

This Swiss aircraft is also white and red.

It is possible!
But I think the Maldives locals said that it was flying unusually low and that the colors they saw on the plane didn't match planes they usually saw. And I would think (IMO) that if it was a Virgin or Swiss Air flight that a rep from those airlines would have said "Oh yes, we had a scheduled flight to Male that morning."7

But this is JMO.

:seeya:

Just getting caught up after being absent from here for a couple of days. Agree, four incidents in that time frame does appear to be "odd". Now it also has me curious if there was a malfunction with a landing gear on MH370 that perhaps prevented it from landing somewhere...after crew discovered another problem? It doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibilities at this point. Something seems amiss with maintenance.

MOO

I agree.
We know for sure two planes have had landing gear issues. It wouldn't surprise me if MH370 had that issue too (on top of something else) and that's why an emergency landing couldn't be done.
I guess I'm still in the "mechanical issue" camp for now.

I agree.
We know for sure two planes have had landing gear issues. It wouldn't surprise me if MH370 had that issue too (on top of something else) and that's why an emergency landing couldn't be done.
I guess I'm still in the "mechanical issue" camp for now.

Likewise. We may never know exactly what happened to cause this plane to go down, however, the "coincidences" of mechanical problems with others in MA fleet do cause me to wonder.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member