Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The flight was reported as flying low over the Maldives at 6:15 am local time, which would be about 8 1/2 hours after it took off. Plus the flight was headed in a southeasterly direction which would mean MH370 would have had to turn around to be headed in that direction. Hard to believe it would have gone undetected by radar at some point where it neared the atolls.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/18/fligh...malaysia-airlines-planes-description-4640688/

I hear what your saying, but its the steps that ead to its dissapearance. We believe it has crashed, but how did it go that long without being noticed by anyone.
Boeing should of had input right from the get-go. JMO.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

We can't say MH370 was not noticed..it was

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...70-followed-twisting-path-Strait-Malacca.html

Asian military officials may be staging a mass cover-up over missing flight MH370, because they do not want to expose gaping holes within their countries' air defences, a leading aviation expert has suggested.

-----------------------------------

Malaysian military radar did see it at @ 2:15am..they did not react because they did not think it was suspicious and because they had not been notified yet that MH370 went off civilian radar.

THAI Military Radar saw it at 1;28am but they didn't think it was a threat and did not react

Did Indonesian Military Radar see it..they have said NO...

I believe a poster originally did the calculations and said it was not possible for the MH370 to be in the Maldives at 6am, which would have been 9am in Malaysia.

The flight was reported over Pulu Peruk at 2:15 am Malaysia time and had already been in the air for 2 1/2 hours. It is a 4 hour flight from Malaysia to Male which would mean the plane would have arrived at 6:15 am Malaysia time but it would have been 3am in Maldives. The Maldives is 3 hours earlier.

2:15 am Malaysia = 11:15 am Maldives add 4 hours flight time
6:15 am Malaysia = 3:15 am Maldives
9:15 am Malaysia = 6:15 am Maldives

at 6:15 am in Maldives the plane would have been in the air for 9 hours.

I think this is correct but maybe someone who is better with time differences can figure it out.

In a report by Maldivian daily Haveeru, residents described the aircraft which flew over Kuda Huvadhoo at around 6.15am as
being white, with red stripes across it.
MSM: The Star (Malaysian newspaper):
http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Natio...-flying-jumbo/

MSM Haveeru (Maldivian newspaper) published:
"several residents of Kuda Huvadhoo told Haveeru on Tuesday that they saw a "low flying jumbo jet" at around 6:15am on March 8."
"Satellite data suggests that the last "ping" was recieved from the flight somwhere close to the Maldives and the US naval
base on Diego Garcia."
http://www.haveeru.com.mv/news/54062

Note that The Star (Malaysian newspaper) write about 6.15 am, it does not say anything about 'local time', but
Maldivian newspaper Haveeru also reports 6:15am on March 8.
One can only assume it means Local Maldivian Time (?)

Could it be the MH370 flight was flying much slower than usual (due to special circumstances, danger, accident,
fire on plane or something ???),
maybe it was flying slower than 4 hours 10 min, which is the normal flight duration?

The flight was reported as flying low over the Maldives at 6:15 am local time, which would be about 8 1/2 hours after it took off. Plus the flight was headed in a southeasterly direction which would mean MH370 would have had to turn around to be headed in that direction. Hard to believe it would have gone undetected by radar at some point where it neared the atolls.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/18/fligh...malaysia-airlines-planes-description-4640688/

The quote "local time" was in the article which would make sense because at 3am they may not have been able to see the plane clearly.

Islanders claim they were disturbed by an incredibly loud noise at about 6.15am local time on March 8 and saw a plane travelling from north to south-east, towards Addu – the southern tip of Maldives, it is reported.

Even if the plane was flying low it would have exhausted most of it's fuel by the time it reached Maldives with really no where to land if it were headed southeasterly.

The quote "local time" was in the article which would make sense because at 3am they may not have been able to see the plane clearly.

Islanders claim they were disturbed by an incredibly loud noise at about 6.15am local time on March 8 and saw a plane travelling from north to south-east, towards Addu – the southern tip of Maldives, it is reported.

Even if the plane was flying low it would have exhausted most of it's fuel by the time it reached Maldives with really no where to land if it were headed southeasterly.

I guess that could be why it ended up in the Ocean. It ran out of fuel before it made it to land.
I really don't know anymore :sigh:

The thing that bugs me about the alleged Maldives sightings, is that MAL planes have both red and blue stripes.

If the plane was viewed from the side (as it must have been since the witnesses said the doors were clearly visible), the blue “Malaysia” painted on the side would have been plainly visible, and you think would have featured in the descriptions:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiQ4GPrIgAA0Mvx.jpg

Alternatively, if the plane was viewed directly overhead, the most visible part is grey, not white and the blue stripes would show more than the red stripes, IMO.

Can you make it specific as it relates to this thread please - the thing that is confusing is when the other thread was added. By that I mean, theory and what MSM are discussing, at this point ,can all be labeled either news, on topic, or just theories , in that no one knows what really is going on with MAL 370!

I think we all agree that Martians, alians,and thunderstorms are speculation and not MSM themes (!) but most of the other main notions , in reality , are speculation, even by MSM !

A new found story about one of the main notions being followed by MSM , seems as if it would be on topic.

We seem to be on topic in terms of remaining in the realm of what MSM is trying to rule in or out.

It can be a confusing distinction- TIA!
!

Not sure what you are asking here?

Missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: Malaysian prime minister admits lost plane WAS tracked by military radar

Speaking to CNN, Mr Najib confirmed that the radar did indeed track the plane once it had turned back from its original flight path – but said that this was only established “after the event”.

He said he believed there was someone monitoring the radar at the time, but that nothing more was done to investigate the unidentified aircraft because “it was deemed not to be hostile”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ne-was-tracked-by-military-radar-9293254.html

It's in reference to Off Topic Posts.
He (I think the OP is male...) wants to know what is considered on/off topic in regards to MH370.

That's a very broad question. My answer is - topics that don't pertain to facts surrounding the missing flight.

For example, posting personal information regarding family.

Was the 6:15 am time reported by Maldives or Malaysia? If that even makes a difference...
If Malaysia reported the 6:15 am time, then is it still possible for the plane to have flown over Maldives? If it was Maldives who said 6:15 am, then you're right...the plane could not have been flying in their airspace.

I always forget about the time changes in this case.

Assuming this is correct...

According to a local newspaper, residents of a remote island in the Maldives, Kuda Huvadhoo, spotted a plane at 6:15 a.m. local time on March 8 that could have been the missing Malaysia Airlines 370. Eyewitnesses cited by the paper said they saw "a jumbo jet," white with red stripes across it, flying low and very loudly. The description of a big airplane in those colors is consistent with the Malaysian Boeing 777.

...6:15 a.m. in the Maldives is 9:15 a.m. in Malaysia, so the sighting would have occurred seven hours and 45 minutes after the last radio contact, the now-famous "All right, goodnight" at 1:30 a.m. Malaysian time over the Gulf of Thailand.
http://www.ibtimes.com/malaysia-air...aldives-examining-latest-theory-mh370-1562221

Then the plane could have still been spotted over the Maldives.
There was enough fuel in the plane for it to travel about 8 hours. The Maldives sighting would have been within the plane's fuel limits. Shortly after that sighting, the plane's journey would have ended. Even if there was only 8 hours of fuel in the tank, could the plane have glided for a little bit more without there needing to be anyone controlling the plane?

Discussions should be based on MSM reports only and not rumors. If you have a theory it can be posted in the theories thread, "What do you think happened to Malaysian Flight370."

Thanks, Lambchop

Not sure what you are asking here?

Having trouble determining what thread. Main, or” What do you think happened”. Lamb yesterday felt as if I was in the wrong thread. So, my thinking today is , just post about neat stuff I find , on the main themes in MSM , but don’t comment, and if I want to comment DO THAT on the other thread!

Now , I did do an Ebola post so then I thought maybe that is what Lamp, today , is referring to. So I have some confusion , as long as I do not comment on the mainstream media basic themes I am correct on the main thread.

If I want to comment , with my own theories I should be on the other thread!

Is that correct!!

BUT such a mess. With the times we should be able to ascertain if time wise that is possible. BUt I know I have trouble with that kind of thingking. BUT it is some the time change is 3, with some 4, with some we are starting the tracking at 2.5 hours out , with some 42 minutes (ha shows how good they have been with messing all of us up!)

And in reality (again how good they have been) none of us know really are we starting here, and then that, and then this, and then we all can rule in or out if that is valid as far as Maldives goes!!

But they have (IMO opinion, the whole plan al along) made everything muddled wherein none of can say yes that is possible, or nope mistake (or whatever!)

It is powerlessness, and in any context , the human being does not feel comfortable with powerlessness and confusion.......we inately need to find order, or understanding

and NONE of this falls into that category and any human being does not like feeling manipulated or lied to ............ Its a human component!.

And it is everything: fascinating, confusing, angering,frieghteening, sad, creepy....

that is why, IMO, we all find here comforting, there is no desire, want, or need to BS one another ......so it is place where we can attempt to find some order.................some truth.............................some not being manipulated...........................some maybe all will be ok ................... some maybe this is not going to move on to somehting more horrible (my core fear)

And we can deal with confusion in "the beginning" but endless relentless confusion, for the human animal is an issue!!!!!!!!!!

.. at the end of the day at its core ..it is powerlessness.....................................

And that IMO, we all just have trouble with ...........as a cognitive animal we are just "wired" to not be ok with that !........

.....worse in that we are approaching two months.................................!!!

and..............it is unsettling overall...............................were human..................

The thing that bugs me about the alleged Maldives sightings, is that MAL planes have both red and blue stripes.

If the plane was viewed from the side (as it must have been since the witnesses said the doors were clearly visible), the blue “Malaysia” painted on the side would have been plainly visible, and you think would have featured in the descriptions:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiQ4GPrIgAA0Mvx.jpg

Alternatively, if the plane was viewed directly overhead, the most visible part is grey, not white and the blue stripes would show more than the red stripes, IMO.

Todays Search and Rescue

Joint Agency Coordination Centre
Media Release
28 April 2014—am

Up to 9 military aircraft and 12 ships are planned to assist in today's search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

Today the Australian Maritime Safety Authority has planned a visual search area totaling approximately 54,921 square kilometres. The centre of the search area lies approximately 1667 kilometres north west of Perth.

Bluefin-21 has completed mission 15 and has commenced mission 16 this morning.

No contacts of interest have been found to date.

Bluefin-21 will continue to examine the areas adjacent to the focused underwater search area during mission 16.

The weather forecast for today indicates the cold front will move out of the search area and be replaced by a southerly trade flow, sea swells of four to five metres.

Any further information will be made public if, and when, it becomes available

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/april/mr040.aspx

Was the 6:15 am time reported by Maldives or Malaysia? If that even makes a difference...
If Malaysia reported the 6:15 am time, then is it still possible for the plane to have flown over Maldives? If it was Maldives who said 6:15 am, then you're right...the plane could not have been flying in their airspace.

I always forget about the time changes in this case.

I always thought the time reported meant 615am meant Malaysia time.

Too bad no one caught it on camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members