Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix #2

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix #2

This is such an obvious con, imo. I still don't understand why no issue was ever raised... It wasn't until jbaez filed his proof of claim for fca's bankruptcy that the retainer fee of half a million dollars suddenly made an appearance. Like you could just let half a mill slip your mind. And I totally agree with you ZsaZsa, she needed that fictitious $500,000 to ensure the bankruptcy. That's exactly why the retainer showed up when it did... She's a con... And regardless of whether the trustee just wanted to take his $25,000 and move on, he should've, at the very least, made an inquiry! Someone needs to stop making everything so easy for fca... It seems like it's just easier to pacify her than hold her accountable. I get it, she's a parasite and zaps your brain, but I still think it's the right thing to do, and would really appreciate it if someone would finally think of Caylee first. I guess this whole issue will just have to be chalked up to another successful lie, under oath, for team oca...

Below is that interview with Mason from September '2011... He says she owes them nothing... And he's speaking for all of them. Both the question and the answer reference the entire defense team...

http://www.orlandomagazine.com/Orlando-Magazine/September-2011/Wag-of-the-Finger/

OM: How much does she owe her defense team?

CM: She doesn’t owe us anything. Get the record straight. The value of the lawyer time on an hourly rate is over $2 million. We were paid nothing. At the beginning, there was a $200,000 payment. Mr. Baez got about $60,000, the rest went to other members of the team and expenses at that time. My hourly accounting alone was somewhere in excess of $600,000.

All jmo.

They are ALL lying liars that lie! Every single dad-gum one of them.

SHAMEFUL.

I have never witnessed such continued and abject mockery of the judicial system in my life.

Galling. Very galling. :banghead:

Baez filed a "CLAIM" [links below] - and the Trustee never asked for more supporting documentation

CLAIM SEVEN

Jose Baez
c/o The Baez Law Firm
522 Simpson Rd.
Kissimmee, FL 34744-4458

Payment to:
Baez Law Firm - Miami Office
2020 Ponce De Leon Blvd Suite 1101
Coral Gables, FL 33134

Amount claimed: $ 397, 431.78

Basis for Claim - "Legal services performed"
under 11 U.S.C. 507(a) ( )

Retainer Amount = $ 500,000.00

Payments made from Dec 2008 - Sept 23, 2011 = total $ 102,568.22
[$ 8,754.41 paid by Atty Macaluso]

Outstanding Balance = $ 397,431.78

Payment made on Sept 23, 2011 of $ 10,113.39 was payment made by third party of $ 45,500.00

Amounts subtracted from $ 45,500.00:
- $ 13,650.00 paid to Taxes
- $ 10,000.00 paid to P.I. Pat McKenna
- $ 6,736.61 paid to P.I. Jeremiah Lyons
- $ 5,000.00 paid to misc expenses - computer, personal items, etc

Original Filed Date: 06/24/2013

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIQUExQjlnbWh6eTA/edit?usp=sharing
AMENDED CLAIM

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIM05iSnRHUWdUaXM/edit?usp=sharing
ORIGINAL CLAIM

It is quite possible that I've missed it, but where is the accounting of the money that Baez got for selling the rights on the photos to ABC? KC never personally received that money, IIRC, so why isn't that amount included in the amount fca 'paid'?

Good question. I don't think we have seen his itemized bill, but from the numbers TT has listed, there is no sign of the $200K.

I despise them all. This "retainer agreement" made me dig out that disgusting (e)book (JB's) and search again. (Thank heavens for Dropbox..it was the one location I hadn't deleted it from!)

Here it is, verbatim (Chapter 2: location 579 of 7404, sorry don't know how that relates to page numbers in the actual book):

"After I wrote all those things down, we talked about my fee. I told her I would charge $5,000 to represent her. She informed me that she had $1,300 in the bank as a down payment and would work out a payment schedule. I agreed, figuring her parents might be able to contribute toward her defense. She signed a retainer agreement then and there.

Since I had a hearing scheduled later that day in another county, I said I'd come back to talk to her a bit later after I had a little bit more information. As I was leaving the jail, I was thinking to myself, This is a possible child-neglect case that could end up a homicide for all I know. But when I left, I really didn't give the case any higher priority than what it was - a possible child-neglect case.

I went to court in Osceola County that afternoon, came back to my office around three, and handed the retainer agreement to Myrna Kercado, my secretary."

So, my question is, how did a $5000 retainer agreement turn into a $500000 retainer agreement? I smell a rat...yet again.

I despise them all. This "retainer agreement" made me dig out that disgusting (e)book (JB's) and search again. (Thank heavens for Dropbox..it was the one location I hadn't deleted it from!)

Here it is, verbatim (Chapter 2: location 579 of 7404, sorry don't know how that relates to page numbers in the actual book):

"After I wrote all those things down, we talked about my fee. I told her I would charge $5,000 to represent her. She informed me that she had $1,300 in the bank as a down payment and would work out a payment schedule. I agreed, figuring her parents might be able to contribute toward her defense. She signed a retainer agreement then and there.

Since I had a hearing scheduled later that day in another county, I said I'd come back to talk to her a bit later after I had a little bit more information. As I was leaving the jail, I was thinking to myself, This is a possible child-neglect case that could end up a homicide for all I know. But when I left, I really didn't give the case any higher priority than what it was - a possible child-neglect case.

I went to court in Osceola County that afternoon, came back to my office around three, and handed the retainer agreement to Myrna Kercado, my secretary."

So, my question is, how did a $5000 retainer agreement turn into a $500000 retainer agreement? I smell a rat...yet again.

Thanks for digging this up and posting it for all of us.

One more story written as fact by Baez, not realizing it could kick him in the behind.

I don't think Baez will ever reveal the original signed retainer because the ink may be a little bit different where he added the extra zeroes. FCA knew what the original retainer fee was because she signed the paper but she went along with the new $500,000 amount knowing she would never have to pay it and that it would help her with her BK claim and getting rid of the three (now two) lawsuits facing her. This is just another verified lie she has sworn to in a Federal Court.. And, Baez has also swore this lie to be fact in a Federal Court document! Where is the Florida Bar when we need them?

Of course, there could be a new dummy original that FCA was more than happy to sign after the fact.

So while I had that piece of fiction out, I thought I'd refresh my memory about what he said about the ABC money. Ultimately, not much, but more than he declares in his "claim."

Again, verbatim:

"While she was out on bond, it also gave us the opportunity to raise some badly needed money for her defense. In exchange for giving photos of Caylee and her to a national news organization, Casey was paid $200,000, most of which was used to mount her defense. Of course, when the media found out, she was roundly criticized for it - unfairly if you ask me. Whenever a person faces a serious criminal charge and he potential for loss of freedom, that person sells whatever assets he or she possesses - their home, their car, expensive paintings, stocks and bonds - anything to mount a defense against the charges. And it's a darn good thing Casey was able to do this. Without that money, we would not have been able to hire the experts that were needed to mount a viable defense against the barrage coming at us from the police, the prosecution, and the media."

Of course, there could be a new dummy original that FCA was more than happy to sign after the fact.

Oh I'm quite sure there is a retainer agreement that has been backdated to make it appear it was signed at the time. I'd be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that JB forgot he mentioned a $5000 retainer agreement, because the vast majority of his book is a work of fiction. BUT! He claims it's the truth...and swears to something else in court documents. :banghead:

I just so wish that all of them...every single last one of the people who have aided and abetted fca in this horrific tale would suffer the consequences of their actions.

It would be a good thing if you sent that to the Trustees... :please:

I'm still waiting for Cindy Anthony to be charged with perjury! :banghead:

I went to a conference and heard Jeff Ashton speak a couple of weeks ago. He was a very good speaker and kept the room captive for the entire day discussing details about this case.

I asked him why the State had not charged CA with perjury. He stated that he was not involved in that decision as it was made after he retired. He furthered that he guessed everyone at the prosecutors office was ready for this case to be over. It had consumed their lives for so long and so many resources had been utilized on this case - they all just needed to walk away.

A few minutes ago this was posted on Twitter by Adam Longo, a CBS reporter:

Adam Longo ‏@adamlongoCBS5
BREAKING NOW: Casey Anthony breaks silence. Talks on the record with CBS 5. Story to post shortly. #caseyanthony #cbs5 @kpho

CBS 5 News ‏@KPHO
BREAKING: Casey Anthony talks to #CBS5 State civil cases against her on hold, shifting to Federal Court in Tampa. More to come

Updates will appear here:

http://twitter.com/adamlongoCBS5

http://twitter.com/KPHO

KPHO has a news story online:

Casey Anthony declares bankruptcy; talks exclusively to CBS 5

"This is the next step towards closure for me," said Anthony in a phone conversation Friday evening.

"These are the things holding me back," said Anthony. "This is the key for me to move forward."

http://www.kpho.com/story/20714160/casey-anthony-declares-bankruptcy-talks-exclusively-to-cbs-5
Is she living in Phoenix now?

So while I had that piece of fiction out, I thought I'd refresh my memory about what he said about the ABC money. Ultimately, not much, but more than he declares in his "claim."

Again, verbatim:

"While she was out on bond, it also gave us the opportunity to raise some badly needed money for her defense. In exchange for giving photos of Caylee and her to a national news organization, Casey was paid $200,000, most of which was used to mount her defense. Of course, when the media found out, she was roundly criticized for it - unfairly if you ask me. Whenever a person faces a serious criminal charge and he potential for loss of freedom, that person sells whatever assets he or she possesses - their home, their car, expensive paintings, stocks and bonds - anything to mount a defense against the charges. And it's a darn good thing Casey was able to do this. Without that money, we would not have been able to hire the experts that were needed to mount a viable defense against the barrage coming at us from the police, the prosecution, and the media."
Isn't it amazing how Crazy selling precious Cayley's photos pretty much seals the deal on her guilt all by itself? I certainly would not be selling my daughter's pictures if she were found murdered in a bag on the side of the road. God bless you baby Cayley, you were such a precious, innocent little baby girl. I burn inside thinking of what your mama did to you and that she is still only thinking of herself. R.I.P. Cayley Angel.

If you look at the date on this story, it is old news. Nothing new.

"Posted: Jan 26, 2013 4:00 PM CST
Updated: Feb 11, 2013 7:17 AM CST "
Thank you sweetiemom. I haven't looked at this thread in ages and didn't realize things were still being aired. Thanks to all of you for keeping this up to date!

CASEY ANTHONY HEARINGS:

- Hearing on Casey's Motion for Summary Judgment [to throw out] in the ZENAIDA GONZALEZ Case - set for June 30, 2014 at 10:30am in Tampa

- Zenaida's Response to Casey's Motion for Summary Judgment is due by June 20, 2014.

Notice of Hearing sent by first class mail to:
- Casey Anthony c/o Charles M. Greene
- Zenaida Gonzalez c/o R. Scott Shuker

Notice sent by electronic mail to:
- David L. Schrader for Casey Anthony
dschraderlaw@gmail.com, dschraderlaw.assistant@gmail.com

- Jason H. Klein for Zenaida Gonzalez
bknotice@lseblaw.com, jklein@lseblaw.com; mniquette@lseblaw.com

- John B. Dorriss for Zenaida Gonzalez
jdorris@lseblaw.com

- Keith R. Mitnik for Zenaida Gonzalez
kmitnik@forthepeople.com

- R. Scott Shuker for Zenaida Gonzalez
rshuker@lseblaw.com; lbrown@lseblaw.com

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIODN3NERoeTNzQ3M/edit?usp=sharing

--------------------------------------------------

- Hearing on the Bankruptcy Trustee's Motion to Strike Casey's Objection to the Ambulance company's CLAIM - set for June 17, 2014 at 11:30am in Tampa

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIbm5vbUxJZzhBMkE/edit?usp=sharing

I went to a conference and heard Jeff Ashton speak a couple of weeks ago. He was a very good speaker and kept the room captive for the entire day discussing details about this case.

I asked him why the State had not charged CA with perjury. He stated that he was not involved in that decision as it was made after he retired. He furthered that he guessed everyone at the prosecutors office was ready for this case to be over. It had consumed their lives for so long and so many resources had been utilized on this case - they all just needed to walk away.

LAME.

moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46